Changed my Life! - Beverly Hills, CA

I had always had a long upper lip, giving me a...

I had always had a long upper lip, giving me a monkey-like look that only worsened with age. I had two lip lifts, one 10 years ago that was skin-only and did absolutely nothing to change my appearance. Then, four years ago I had a lip lift using a muscle hemming technique that was the specialty of a particular doctor. Wow! It really changed my face (keep in mind, I had a chin implant revision at the same time). I look 10 years younger and way prettier, even if I do say so myself. The biggest drawback was that the doctor tended to minimize what he stated was the amount of down-time for this procedure. If cutting the muscle is involved (the only way to get real results), it will take months to heal!!! I was fortunate to be able to take 2 months off of work, but even after returning I got curious looks since for a while I could not form certain words (with 'b' and 'p') correctly and when I chewed food my lip looked funny. These things all went away eventually. The only thing that never did (and is something I gladly live with for the way I look now) is the slight numbness where the incision/hemming was done. Oftentimes when my nose runs from cold or heat, I can't feel the 'drip' until it's already out of my nose. Gross, I know. But I would do it all over again!

I just happened upon this site yesterday. Glad to find you all! Like you I have had 2 lip lifts and have improved my face but have the same issues. I just posted a question for the docs about resolving the numbness, coldness and stiffness if it might be possible. Who did your LL if I might ask?
Hi ! Could you let us know your doc's name ? Thanks !
Thanks for sharing, glad to hear of positive results. Was the scar where incision made minimal? Blessings

What a great story. I'm so glad to read that you feel prettier. :) I can imagine it must have been pretty weird during the recovery phase. I tried Botox on my lip (yeah, I know, what was I thinking!) so I have a very slight glimpse into what it is like to not be able to fully use the muscles around your mouth. It is amazing how tough certain things can be! Do you mind me asking if there is a visible scar?