Changed my Life! - Beverly Hills, CA

I had always had a long upper lip, giving me a...

I had always had a long upper lip, giving me a monkey-like look that only worsened with age. I had two lip lifts, one 10 years ago that was skin-only and did absolutely nothing to change my appearance. Then, four years ago I had a lip lift using a muscle hemming technique that was the specialty of a particular doctor. Wow! It really changed my face (keep in mind, I had a chin implant revision at the same time). I look 10 years younger and way prettier, even if I do say so myself. The biggest drawback was that the doctor tended to minimize what he stated was the amount of down-time for this procedure. If cutting the muscle is involved (the only way to get real results), it will take months to heal!!! I was fortunate to be able to take 2 months off of work, but even after returning I got curious looks since for a while I could not form certain words (with 'b' and 'p') correctly and when I chewed food my lip looked funny. These things all went away eventually. The only thing that never did (and is something I gladly live with for the way I look now) is the slight numbness where the incision/hemming was done. Oftentimes when my nose runs from cold or heat, I can't feel the 'drip' until it's already out of my nose. Gross, I know. But I would do it all over again!

I just happened upon this site yesterday. Glad to find you all! Like you I have had 2 lip lifts and have improved my face but have the same issues. I just posted a question for the docs about resolving the numbness, coldness and stiffness if it might be possible. Who did your LL if I might ask?
Hi ! Could you let us know your doc's name ? Thanks !
Thanks for sharing, glad to hear of positive results. Was the scar where incision made minimal? Blessings