Lip Lift - Beverly Hills, CA

I had an upper lip lift, corner lip lift and fat...

I had an upper lip lift, corner lip lift and fat transfer by Dr Randal Haworth. I have been researching this procedure for over a year.

I am very happy with the results. I was worried I would not look myself, but found my friends cannot tell I had anything done... but do say I look really good recently. That was my goal, to find a plastic surgeon who could help me with the ageing process, but not look like a different person.

I did have a lot of swelling the first week especially and some bruising from the fat transfer. After around 5 weeks I started to feel more normal.

I picked Dr Haworth due to his reputation, and his web-site had the best lip work I have ever seen. When I met Dr Haworth he spent a lot of time with me, and continues to monitor my recovery with post op appointments. He also did a C)-2 laser on the scar area the day of the surgery to help with healing. Since the surgery I have had several appointments and will have another laser treatment if needed, that he includes free of charge for post op patients.

In most of my pictures I have very little or no make up. Some pictures I have clear scar cream. With make up my scar is not visible. Without makeup my scar is slightly visible at 7 weeks post surgery. I have a few pictures the day after surgery on another phone that I will try to upload. There I have the most swelling. Some of my pictures are not as clear as others, and that is due to my phone.

I am 44 years old and had a significant spinal injury which resulted in surgery and spending a lot of my day in bed due to pain issues. I do feel being in chronic pain did affect my appearance and aged me. I also gained weight from a nerve pain medication. Once I lost the weight my face looked even more aged from the weight loss. I wanted to do this surgery as a gift to myself and freshen my looks as I recover from my third and hopefully last spinal surgery.. I noticed my lips became thinner as I aged, and the space between my upper lip and nose became longer. My lip corners also turned down. Having the upper and lower lip lift, corner lip lift, and fat transfer has helped my appearance. I feel very fortunate to have met Dr Haworth who has seemed to literally taken years off of my face.

day after surgery picture

This is the photo I took n my daughters camera right after surgery. You can see I did have swelling and I think more than normal lip lift swelling because I also had fat injections to lips and face. This causes additional swelling and some bruising. As you can see from two weeks post op the swelling is temporary. During the first week is when I had some difficulties with eating but that was also temporary, and lasted no more than a few weeks. Here you can also see where he did the incisions for the corner lip lift.

lower v-y lip lift

This is a picture of incision of lower lip lift from today, 7 weeks post op. The incision is inside of my mouth, and has almost disappeared completely.

Update on questions about nose swelling and nasal distortion....swelling is temporary and my nose looks fine

I have been asked about nose distortion and nose swelling. This is a recent picture 7 weeks post op and most of the swelling has disappeared and my nose looks good. I am wearing minimal makeup. Slight nasal distortion is a possible side effect of this surgery, but I do not have it and if I did, I still would do this surgery. For myself the minor possible side effects are worth the result. I posted this picture for you mk2002, as you are on day 4 post surgery. While swelling can be scary, you can my day one after surgery and compare it to week seven of my pictures and know it goes away.

This was meant for the above post to show my nose swelling went down.

Had a fraxel laser on my scars free of charge

I recently had a fraxel laser treatment, and injection on the very slight scar area, free of charge during a post op visit by Dr Haworth. While I thought my scars were healing well, I am noticing the laser did improve it. I am not sure what he injected in the scar under my nose, but it looks smoother. Dr Haworth's post op treatment has been excellent. It is apparent he takes pride in his work, and wants the result to be the best it can be.

I keep getting comments from friends, family and acquaintances about how good I look. It appears they cannot tell I had plastic surgery, and are confused why I look so good. I am very relived and to me this is a sign I had a very skilled plastic surgeon.

New people I meet cannot believe my age, and I do not know if it is the combination of procedures I had done. The fat injections REALLY made a difference. I signed up recently for a beginning yoga class. I told the instructor I had not done yoga since I was 12. After the class I was very sore, and the instructor commented well it has been ten years since you did yoga. I replied it has been over 30 years since I did yoga. She looked confused and asked politely how old I was, when I told her 44 she was shocked and said I thought you were in your 20's, and by twenties I mean 22. Same thing happened when I went to a new doctor. The nurse asked me twice my age. She said you know you do not look your age at all. Before these procedures I was told I look good for my age...now I am told I do not look my age. THANK YOU Dr Haworth!

Lip lift pricing

{Link removed by RealSelf per community guidelines}

I have been getting a lot of private messages asking for pricing on the procedures I had done. While I do not mind giving this information in private messages, I paid for all procedures at one time and also did another procedure that is not listed, and did not add the operating room fees. I do not have a break down of the operating room fees for each procedure as I did them together and with another fairly long surgery. I do not have exact pricing information due to this. I apologize to anyone I may have given incorrect pricing of procedure as I just found it did not include surgery room/anesthesiologist fees. I think it s best to contact the doctors office directly either by phone or e-mail on their web-site and they will give you exact pricing information. I provided Dr Haworth's link above or their phone number is ***-***-****. I read on his web site he does web cam consultations for those who live far away. His office staff are very sweet and down to earth and do not mind answering questions such as pricing. Again I apologize for providing some with pricing that did not include the operating room/anesthesiologist fees.

11 weeks post lip lift

I am now 11 weeks post lip lift surgery. I had upper lip lift corner lip lift and internal lower v-y lip lift. My internal lip incision has now completely disappeared. I can only see corner lip incision if I stretch the skin and look very closely. My upper lip lift scar has smoothed out and is not visible with make up and slightly visible without make up. The swelling between my upper lip and nose has gone down. The fat transfer looks natural. I am completely happy with my results. They came out better than I expected. G I highly recommend Dr Haworth. It was a good experience all around.

Pictures 11 weeks post op lip lift and fat transfer

I added a bunch of photos as I am getting near 3 months post lip lift and fat transfer. I tried to show different lip angles and movements. I have been asked if my lips move weird or look weird in person. They move and look normal to me. There is still some tightness in the area under my nose where the incision is, but I only notice it when I smile wide and it does bother me.

I have a small scar that I have had since a child on my lower lip and also have a small wrinkle next to my lower lip. These conditions were improved by the fat transfer and corner lip lift and were conditions I had before this surgery.

I hope these pictures will help you girls who are considering this procedure. Others who posted their before and after pictures really helped me through the recovery process.

I have also been asked how long my top lip was before the procedure. I did not measure it but it was longer than most who have posted on this site. I will be 45 next March and these procedures have made me look younger (IMO). I discussed the look I liked and asked Dr Haworth what he thought would be the best procedures for my anatomy. He does several different types of lip lift procedures. Looking at his before and after pictures I knew he had an artistic eye that I have not seen with other plastic surgeons work, and trusted his judgement.

Before and After

This is a before and after picture. You can see almost no upper lip before surgery and long space from upper lip to nose which aged me.

After picture

This is for you Lulu.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr Haworth is a very kind, intelligent surgeon. He spent a lot of time with me at my appointments and continues to monitor my recovery. I would highly recommend him for any plastic surgery. His office staff are very helpful and always returned my call or e-mail. I believe him to be, as well as many others one of the best plastic surgeons in the U.S.

Wow your results are amazing! What was the breakdown of cost for fat transfer to lip, corner, upper, and lower lip lift?
I do not have an exact break down because I paid for them together with another procedure, and the breakdown that I did keep does not include operating room fees. If you call Dr Haworth's office they will give you a quote for each procedure. The upper lip lift was between 6 and 7 thousand. The lower lip lift was half of that. I do not remember the corner lip pricing.
Sorry, the fat transfer was around $3,000. but I do not have the exact quote because some operating room fees were added to that. If you give his office a call they will tell you a price. Also, if you are interested in the differences between the fatma if you click my doctors link where his name is above you can view his website and he writes about the different lip procedures he does.
Honestly my first impression was that you look years younger now! Congratulations :)
Thank you. I did not realize how much of a difference lips can age a person, by getting thinner and the distance between upper lip and nose gets longer with age. After reviewing his web site I think his lip lifts made the most dramatic difference for the better in his patients faces.
love the cupids bow... you look so fantastic ...I'd like to research it now
Thank you maidenform.
Sexy sexy sexy lips Really i liked ur result .. Pray for me i wish my result be like yours ...
Thank you Lulu. Send me a message when you are ready to have the procedure. I will pray for you. I know you have done a lot of research and you will have a good result.
Anon101010 thank you very much u helped us alot with ur pics ... Ur result really beautiful .. Can i ask how long ur lips now ? The ideal measure 1,1 cm witch really i want to reach it ..
You are so sweet Lulu. How are you doing?I did not ask my PS how long my lip is currently. Where do the measure it from? I can try to measure it myself. If you see the pictures of my lip slightly opened the upper lip is pulled up. I think if he cut more it would look bad. I will post a picture so you can see what I mean. I like how it is pulled up slightly in the middle but I have seen some bad results on the internet where too much was cut and it looked really bad.
I also think if he cut more my lips would not feel right with closing and rubbing together. When I was swollen my lips were pulled up more the first week and eating and drinking were a little difficult. I will ask my PS how long my upper lip was before the surgery, because it seemed longer than many who have posted pictures on this site. I think he did the best he could with my anatomy to still ensure a natural result and normal function.
Fantastic results! So happy for u
Thank you for the kind words.
Very impressive & a very natural look :-)
Thank you. I am very thankful to my surgeon.
will you be posting new pictures? Would love to see the progress. My friend and I are thinking about getting these same procedures with Dr. Haworth next summer. Hopefully our healing goes as smoothly as yours seems to be going. Fantastic results.
I took a few pictures but did not post as I feel like I look the same as my picture from 3 weeks ago... but I look better in person as the swelling that was in between my upper lip and nose has gone down.That swelling did not show up in pictures very much but in person I can tell. Good luck to you if you go forward with surgery. The first few weeks was difficult with the swelling, but after that resolved I was loving my lips.
Thank you.I posted pictures for you. I hope the pictures will help those who are interested in this procedure. I know that some are worried about the scar and also movement. I tried to post a bunch of different angles so you can see that my smile and movement are fine. I will post another without make up, but there is little difference... but my freckles show up more :)
thank you so much! this is very helpful for us and much appreciated. I can't believe how beautiful your mouth is. The scar is barely perceptible. I wonder how much of this (scar quality) has to do with genetics, lifestyle or doctor's technique. You hit the jackpot.
You are welcome. I do have light foundation on but the scar is very slight. I will post another photo without make up. I was told it can take up to a year for the scar and tightness to resolve, so my expectations were realistic. I think the scar has to do a lot with the surgeon as well as the shape my lips post lip lift. If you view my before pic I barely had an upper lip. I am surprised he was able to make the shape look so natural with what he had to work with. I could have opted for a even larger lips if I would have had an additional procedure o top of the upper lip lift called FATMA internal lip lift. He rearranges the tissues and it plumps the lips even more. That was not in my budget or I would have considered it. He recommended a scar cream that they have in their office. I think that also helped. I am very careful with the sun and wear sunscreen daily. Dr Haworth did a CO-2 laser the day of my surgery and did a Fraxel laser on my last appointment on my scar. He offered this free and all post op appointments are included with the price of surgery. I think the combination of all of these things helped with healing.
That's awesome! How much was everything? Is the fatma the same thing as v-y mucosal advancement?
The FATMA is different than the lower v-y but both are done on the inside of the mouth.
Thanks for posting. I'm considering this procedure for next summer with the same doctor. I like your results.
Thank you, and good luck to you.