Lip Lift - Beverly Hills, CA

I had an upper lip lift, corner lip lift and fat...

I had an upper lip lift, corner lip lift and fat transfer by Dr Randal Haworth. I have been researching this procedure for over a year.

I am very happy with the results. I was worried I would not look myself, but found my friends cannot tell I had anything done... but do say I look really good recently. That was my goal, to find a plastic surgeon who could help me with the ageing process, but not look like a different person.

I did have a lot of swelling the first week especially and some bruising from the fat transfer. After around 5 weeks I started to feel more normal.

I picked Dr Haworth due to his reputation, and his web-site had the best lip work I have ever seen. When I met Dr Haworth he spent a lot of time with me, and continues to monitor my recovery with post op appointments. He also did a C)-2 laser on the scar area the day of the surgery to help with healing. Since the surgery I have had several appointments and will have another laser treatment if needed, that he includes free of charge for post op patients.

In most of my pictures I have very little or no make up. Some pictures I have clear scar cream. With make up my scar is not visible. Without makeup my scar is slightly visible at 7 weeks post surgery. I have a few pictures the day after surgery on another phone that I will try to upload. There I have the most swelling. Some of my pictures are not as clear as others, and that is due to my phone.

I am 44 years old and had a significant spinal injury which resulted in surgery and spending a lot of my day in bed due to pain issues. I do feel being in chronic pain did affect my appearance and aged me. I also gained weight from a nerve pain medication. Once I lost the weight my face looked even more aged from the weight loss. I wanted to do this surgery as a gift to myself and freshen my looks as I recover from my third and hopefully last spinal surgery.. I noticed my lips became thinner as I aged, and the space between my upper lip and nose became longer. My lip corners also turned down. Having the upper and lower lip lift, corner lip lift, and fat transfer has helped my appearance. I feel very fortunate to have met Dr Haworth who has seemed to literally taken years off of my face.

day after surgery picture

This is the photo I took n my daughters camera right after surgery. You can see I did have swelling and I think more than normal lip lift swelling because I also had fat injections to lips and face. This causes additional swelling and some bruising. As you can see from two weeks post op the swelling is temporary. During the first week is when I had some difficulties with eating but that was also temporary, and lasted no more than a few weeks. Here you can also see where he did the incisions for the corner lip lift.

lower v-y lip lift

This is a picture of incision of lower lip lift from today, 7 weeks post op. The incision is inside of my mouth, and has almost disappeared completely.

Update on questions about nose swelling and nasal distortion....swelling is temporary and my nose looks fine

I have been asked about nose distortion and nose swelling. This is a recent picture 7 weeks post op and most of the swelling has disappeared and my nose looks good. I am wearing minimal makeup. Slight nasal distortion is a possible side effect of this surgery, but I do not have it and if I did, I still would do this surgery. For myself the minor possible side effects are worth the result. I posted this picture for you mk2002, as you are on day 4 post surgery. While swelling can be scary, you can my day one after surgery and compare it to week seven of my pictures and know it goes away.

This was meant for the above post to show my nose swelling went down.

Had a fraxel laser on my scars free of charge

I recently had a fraxel laser treatment, and injection on the very slight scar area, free of charge during a post op visit by Dr Haworth. While I thought my scars were healing well, I am noticing the laser did improve it. I am not sure what he injected in the scar under my nose, but it looks smoother. Dr Haworth's post op treatment has been excellent. It is apparent he takes pride in his work, and wants the result to be the best it can be.

I keep getting comments from friends, family and acquaintances about how good I look. It appears they cannot tell I had plastic surgery, and are confused why I look so good. I am very relived and to me this is a sign I had a very skilled plastic surgeon.

New people I meet cannot believe my age, and I do not know if it is the combination of procedures I had done. The fat injections REALLY made a difference. I signed up recently for a beginning yoga class. I told the instructor I had not done yoga since I was 12. After the class I was very sore, and the instructor commented well it has been ten years since you did yoga. I replied it has been over 30 years since I did yoga. She looked confused and asked politely how old I was, when I told her 44 she was shocked and said I thought you were in your 20's, and by twenties I mean 22. Same thing happened when I went to a new doctor. The nurse asked me twice my age. She said you know you do not look your age at all. Before these procedures I was told I look good for my age...now I am told I do not look my age. THANK YOU Dr Haworth!

Lip lift pricing

{Link removed by RealSelf per community guidelines}

I have been getting a lot of private messages asking for pricing on the procedures I had done. While I do not mind giving this information in private messages, I paid for all procedures at one time and also did another procedure that is not listed, and did not add the operating room fees. I do not have a break down of the operating room fees for each procedure as I did them together and with another fairly long surgery. I do not have exact pricing information due to this. I apologize to anyone I may have given incorrect pricing of procedure as I just found it did not include surgery room/anesthesiologist fees. I think it s best to contact the doctors office directly either by phone or e-mail on their web-site and they will give you exact pricing information. I provided Dr Haworth's link above or their phone number is ***-***-****. I read on his web site he does web cam consultations for those who live far away. His office staff are very sweet and down to earth and do not mind answering questions such as pricing. Again I apologize for providing some with pricing that did not include the operating room/anesthesiologist fees.

11 weeks post lip lift

I am now 11 weeks post lip lift surgery. I had upper lip lift corner lip lift and internal lower v-y lip lift. My internal lip incision has now completely disappeared. I can only see corner lip incision if I stretch the skin and look very closely. My upper lip lift scar has smoothed out and is not visible with make up and slightly visible without make up. The swelling between my upper lip and nose has gone down. The fat transfer looks natural. I am completely happy with my results. They came out better than I expected. G I highly recommend Dr Haworth. It was a good experience all around.

Pictures 11 weeks post op lip lift and fat transfer

I added a bunch of photos as I am getting near 3 months post lip lift and fat transfer. I tried to show different lip angles and movements. I have been asked if my lips move weird or look weird in person. They move and look normal to me. There is still some tightness in the area under my nose where the incision is, but I only notice it when I smile wide and it does bother me.

I have a small scar that I have had since a child on my lower lip and also have a small wrinkle next to my lower lip. These conditions were improved by the fat transfer and corner lip lift and were conditions I had before this surgery.

I hope these pictures will help you girls who are considering this procedure. Others who posted their before and after pictures really helped me through the recovery process.

I have also been asked how long my top lip was before the procedure. I did not measure it but it was longer than most who have posted on this site. I will be 45 next March and these procedures have made me look younger (IMO). I discussed the look I liked and asked Dr Haworth what he thought would be the best procedures for my anatomy. He does several different types of lip lift procedures. Looking at his before and after pictures I knew he had an artistic eye that I have not seen with other plastic surgeons work, and trusted his judgement.

Before and After

This is a before and after picture. You can see almost no upper lip before surgery and long space from upper lip to nose which aged me.

After picture

This is for you Lulu.

I have been asked by a few for pictures of my full face before and after.

I was sending full face pictures by e-mails for those requesting it, but this is easier just to post them here. I can understand why some would want to view before and after pictures of the entire face after a lip lift. Dr Haworth has numerous before and after lip lift pictures of his patients entire face on his website as well for those who are interested.

I have been asked if my lip lift has affected my smile, speech or eating. It does not. During the first week eating was a little challenging and smiling felt a little stiff under my nose. Both were due to swelling. I did not have any speech issues.

The second picture I posted was from a few weeks ago. I was not wearing as much make up and do not have my hair curled, but you can see an improvement huge in my lips. Fat transfer in lips and face also helped.

Dr Haworth was not aware I was going to post my story on this site, but I am happy to do it as a few of his other patients posted their story and it helped me. It also helped me with my worries about things like swelling etc.

Sorry...one more picture side view of scar.

What does not show up is my corner lip lift scars. They disappeared the fastest and are only visible if I manually stretch the skin, which means they are invisible. I was worried about the corner lip lift because of the location, on the sides of lips near check.

Upper lip lift scar is very faint. I am now going without foundation, and no one notices my scars from lip lift. I took good care of my scar, sunscreen, and scar cream from Dr Haworth's office. I also believe that his laser treatment, which he does the day of surgery helped my scars heal faster.

4 1/2 months post op upper lip lift, lower lip lift, corner lip lift and fat transfer to lips and face

I am adding new photos, but my lips have not changed. They are staying full and I am happy about that. I have read a few other reviews in which the upper lip did not remain full a few months after surgery, but I have not had that problem.

Mt swelling has gone away and also the numbness at the middle base of my nose has resolved. I do have slight tightness at the base of my nose, but only notice it if I scrunch up my nose dramatically.

I will add a picture of what I hoped my lips would turn out...and I have to say they tuned out better than I expected. I am also happy with the fat transfer to lips and face. If you see my nasal labia folds, they are decreased. I was getting Juvaderm there, which was costly. Fat transfer was worth every penny.

Corner lip lift update

Dr Haworth pulled up the sagging corner of my mouth by placing incisions near the corners of my mouth. The scar is not visible. He also added fat to my lips and face getting rid of deep lines on the sides of my nose and mouth.

Tooth show

I am attaching a smiling picture 4 1/2 months post op. When I smile my lips appear thinner. Previously, my upper lip would disappear when smiling.

I have been asked about how many mm Dr Haworth removed. I asked him at a post op appointment, and he stated 4 1/2 mm. I had partial tooth show before my surgery. I could not take off more skin because I would have had gum showing when smiling. You can see in the below picture, that any more mm taking off would have shown gums, which is not attractive. This is something I discussed with Dr Haworth before my surgery and he made sure to take enough skin to give me a natural result.

The distance between my chin and lower lip was the same as my upper lip and nose before the surgery. After the surgery the distance is half of that from my upper lip to nose. This is a great improvement.

Before and After

I feel like Dr Haworth has refreshed my look and turned back the clock, but I still look like myself. I will always be thankful to him.

6 months post op

Six months post op. My lips are doing well, and scar looks great. A week ago I had one vile of Artefill placed in nasal folds and other areas of face as a touch up to fat transfer (none to lips). Artefill is permanent and I love the results. Most of my fat transfer stayed, but it was nice to have the touch up done by Dr Haworth. He is awesome and would not trust a permanent filler from anyone else.

6 months

I took different angles so you can see scars for corner and upper lip lift.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr Haworth is a very kind, intelligent surgeon. He spent a lot of time with me at my appointments and continues to monitor my recovery. I would highly recommend him for any plastic surgery. His office staff are very helpful and always returned my call or e-mail. I believe him to be, as well as many others one of the best plastic surgeons in the U.S.