Love my New Vag! - Beverly Hills, CA

I'm not sure I ever loved my labia, the inner ones...

I'm not sure I ever loved my labia, the inner ones stuck out a bit. But aside from aesthetics, the protruding labia often rubbed on clothes and made spinning class uncomfortable. In tiny panties, I often felt like I had to tuck them in to make them fit (and my labia were not that big) or worried people could see them in my swimwear. I really wanted to just not have to deal with them all the time. I already went through many alternatives with my gynecologist in terms of making my labia more comfortable, but nothing worked. I really just wanted the occasional discomfort to stop and to have a more compact look, since that is what I was comfortable with.

The outcome was exactly what I wanted. All discomfort gone, more compact look, more self confidence---happy. Recovery was uncomfortable as surgery is, but I never even took pain medicine after leaving surgery--tylenol for about 10-14 days and that was it. Levels of discomfort for about 4 weeks and after that, it was like I never had surgery.

Looks great, feels great and I wish I would have done it ages ago.
I can't say enough about Dr. Alter and his amazing skills. My labia look natural and beautiful and I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend him.
I am not pro cosmetic surgery, however, I am pro woman and pro choice in terms of body choice. It is your body and if you would like to make changes, it is up to you. I have had to see a lot of labia :), in my research and I hope that all women realize that labia come in all different shapes and sizes which are beautiful AND normal-- but that you shouldn't let anyone shame you into surgery if you love your labia---or out of it, if you really feel this is for you. It has made a big difference in my life and I am happy I got it done.
Pics to come when I get my before and afters at 3 months......

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Found out through my gyno.... and personal research about which doctor has the most experience. Although Dr. Alter was the most expensive, I chose him because I wanted the best. He generally invented most of the common procedures used today and even does transgender reassignment---if he can make a beautiful vagina out of a penis--surely my issue would be easy. He performs this surgery regularly and has amazing results. I didn't choose him because of his name, but because of his level of skill and expertise in this particular area. I also didn't want to have no inner labia left, just a more sized down version and many doctors simply remove most of it, this look was not for me. Dr. alter likes to maintain a more natural look, but will tailor things to your requests. I had the Alter-v technique (wedge). He also puts ZERO pressure on you to get the surgery, he simply answered my questions and made suggestions for what he could do to address my concerns.

Hey I am thinking of having a revision done with Dr Alter please could you share pics?
thank you for sharing your experience! i am considering this procedure

Wow what an amazing review.  I am so glad you are happy and feel more comfortable.  I definitely would go to a doctor too that I felt like really had the years of practice and specialized in that body area, and it sounds like he is very experienced. Very nice job on your research!

Im so happy for you that u got the results u were hoping for! I will be doing my labiaplasty together with my Breast augmentation on April 22 n Im very nervous about this choice cuz im scared that it could go wrong! My surgeon is board sertified and he also does faces reconstrution so I think this is a peace of cake for him n he also show me pics of his before n after n it look good! Wish me luck
Good luck, just be careful. It is always best to seek a plastic surgeon who specializes in EXACTLY what you would like to get done. Someone who does great facelifts, will not necessarily be good at tummy tucks. You can't be an expert at everything.... Make sure he/she has a TON of experience and pictures and that they do the surgery regularly- at least a few times a month. Hope you have fabulous results!
Thanks dear for ur quick reply and u are totally right I have to make sure he has done that many times but he also was honest to tell me he has done a couple and I was happy with the picture he showed me but defenetly I will ask more questions wich he is willing to answer and he told me I always can change my mind to just do the BA only I still have alot of time to think about it. I feel bad That I havent share that with my husband that Im paying to do the labia plasty as well because Im still not too sure but is something very personal for me that I really want. :(
If your doctor has only "done a couple" I would not do a labiaplasty with him. I'm sure he is a nice person but I would not trust my intimate parts to someone nice. I would want an expert. But that's just me. Just make sure he has done A LOT of labiaplasty- don't agree to be a guinea pig! You are asking for trouble

SO glad this was worthwhile for you. Thanks for sharing your experience! Befores and afters are super helpful for the community, so thank you in advance to planning to post them.