Love my New Vag! - Beverly Hills, CA

I'm not sure I ever loved my labia, the inner ones...

I'm not sure I ever loved my labia, the inner ones stuck out a bit. But aside from aesthetics, the protruding labia often rubbed on clothes and made spinning class uncomfortable. In tiny panties, I often felt like I had to tuck them in to make them fit (and my labia were not that big) or worried people could see them in my swimwear. I really wanted to just not have to deal with them all the time. I already went through many alternatives with my gynecologist in terms of making my labia more comfortable, but nothing worked. I really just wanted the occasional discomfort to stop and to have a more compact look, since that is what I was comfortable with.

The outcome was exactly what I wanted. All discomfort gone, more compact look, more self confidence---happy. Recovery was uncomfortable as surgery is, but I never even took pain medicine after leaving surgery--tylenol for about 10-14 days and that was it. Levels of discomfort for about 4 weeks and after that, it was like I never had surgery.

Looks great, feels great and I wish I would have done it ages ago.
I can't say enough about Dr. Alter and his amazing skills. My labia look natural and beautiful and I couldn't be happier. I would highly recommend him.
I am not pro cosmetic surgery, however, I am pro woman and pro choice in terms of body choice. It is your body and if you would like to make changes, it is up to you. I have had to see a lot of labia :), in my research and I hope that all women realize that labia come in all different shapes and sizes which are beautiful AND normal-- but that you shouldn't let anyone shame you into surgery if you love your labia---or out of it, if you really feel this is for you. It has made a big difference in my life and I am happy I got it done.
Pics to come when I get my before and afters at 3 months......

Hey I am thinking of having a revision done with Dr Alter please could you share pics?
thank you for sharing your experience! i am considering this procedure

Wow what an amazing review.  I am so glad you are happy and feel more comfortable.  I definitely would go to a doctor too that I felt like really had the years of practice and specialized in that body area, and it sounds like he is very experienced. Very nice job on your research!

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Found out through my gyno.... and personal research about which doctor has the most experience. Although Dr. Alter was the most expensive, I chose him because I wanted the best. He generally invented most of the common procedures used today and even does transgender reassignment---if he can make a beautiful vagina out of a penis--surely my issue would be easy. He performs this surgery regularly and has amazing results. I didn't choose him because of his name, but because of his level of skill and expertise in this particular area. I also didn't want to have no inner labia left, just a more sized down version and many doctors simply remove most of it, this look was not for me. Dr. alter likes to maintain a more natural look, but will tailor things to your requests. I had the Alter-v technique (wedge). He also puts ZERO pressure on you to get the surgery, he simply answered my questions and made suggestions for what he could do to address my concerns.