My Forehead Reduction Surgery: Best Decision I Ever Made! - Beverly Hills, CA

I have been teased all my life about my big...

I have been teased all my life about my big forehead. I own more scarves and headbands than a department store! There are only a few people who do Forehead Reduction surgery, and I saw all of them. Two doctors said I needed 2 surgeries involving a tissue expander. I'd have to walk around for a few months while they inflated my scalp like a balloon! Excuse me? Yeah, that's convenient!

The first day after surgery I had significant pain, especially at the back of my head. My scalp felt really tight, but I guess that's the point! I had to use pain medicine for about 3 days, but after that it was pretty tolerable. I had a ton of super tiny stitches in my hairline and even some staples in my hair. All the stitches and staples were removed 6 days after surgery. I had a small bruise on my temple but it was easily covered with makeup. Most of the swelling was gone by the 5th day. My scalp felt itchy and a little numb for a few months, but I knew that meant it was healing. It took a while for the scar to heal and not be noticeable. It was almost 3 months before I felt completely comfortable wearing my bangs back.

I can't tell you how happy I am! It's been 4 months and it's even better than I expected! This was the best decision I ever made. I only wish I knew about this surgery sooner, and didn't waste all of those years feeling self conscious and embarrassed.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

The third surgeon, Dr Aharonov, specializes in doing the hairline lowering procedure in just one step. He had a ton of before and after photos, with close ups of the scar, and I was shocked with how good everyone looked. All of the patients needed the hairline lowered by a lot, just like me. He was extremely nice, and took the time to listen to me. I did a lot of research on the internet, and found Dr Aharonov's website. His photos were really impressive, and current. During the consultation, he couldn't have been nicer or more knowledgeable. But for me, the only thing that matters are the results. He showed me so many before and after pictures of people with really high hairlines, and they all looked fabulous afterwards. Since Dr Aharonov specializes in lowering the hairline in only one step, the choice was easy for me. No way did I want to have two surgeries, and walk around disfigured with a balloon under my scalp for a couple of months! The other doctors tried to tell me that the tissue expander wouldn't be so bad! I was nervous about having surgery, so another positive for me was that Dr Aharonov does all of his procedures with light iv sedation, not a general anesthetic. I don't want to expose myself to the heavy stuff unless I really need it. I didn't feel a thing, and felt great afterwards. Now, 4 months later, I'm so happy with how I look! I can't see the scar, and I know where to look! Everyone keeps telling me how glad they are that I finally got rid of the bangs! There aren't any obvious signs that I had surgery, I just look normal. I'm so glad I didn't get conned into thinking I needed a two stage surgery.

Can you please post or send pictures Thanks
Wow! So happy for you!!!
My daughter wants this procedure and I'm worried about stretching her face. Did you feel your forehead pulling? Thanks!
Hi Jane did ur daughter had this surgery yet?
Hi Lauren I'm thinking of getting one but too nervous to go through with it..would you mind emailing me some pics if u can thanks!!!
Would you mind sharing before and after pictures of your successful procedure, please? Would be mighty helpful
Hi Lauren, I am considering having this surgery with Dr. Aharanov but I do not live in the states. I just wonder how much the whole procedure costs?
Hi Lauren, how much did Dr Aharonov reduce your forehead by? Thank you.
Hi Lauren, I also have a high forehead and I've been thinking about having this done with Dr. Aharonov . Did you have anything "extra" done, like hair grafts to re-shape or thicken your hairline? Would you consider posting some pictures (with appropriate blurring/cropping, of course, if you're worried about privacy)? Glad you're happy with your results!
I didn't have any hair grafts done at the time, but it is something I discussed with Dr Aharonov. My hairline looks natural, because it's my same old hairline, just moved lower! I really wish I had known about this sooner. A lot of bad info out there from Drs who don't know what they're doing!

Thanks for sharing your experience, Lauren. I had no idea they made tissue expanders for the scalp... I wonder if anyone has ever agreed to do it that way?!

Would you say you're 100% healed yet?

There are some doctors who primarily do it with tissue expanders, mainly because I don't think they know how to do it Dr A's way. I can't think of any other reason someone would go through that! Do you just hide in your house for 2 months? Silly! Yes, I'm completely healed! Woohoo!