Review for Doctor Brent Moellenken - Beverly Hills, CA

Undergoing surgery is never a pleasant experience....

Undergoing surgery is never a pleasant experience. Yet because of an excellent physician, going through my last procedure was truly extraordinary. I am thankful that I chose to select Dr Brent Moellenken as my doctor. This medical professional combines thorough expertise with hands-on caring and a talent for putting a patient at ease even in trying times!

Of course, a patient’s experience with an individual physician is frequently only as good as the office team that supports the doctor. I want to say kudos to the entire staff! In particular Penny, Crystal, Mary, David, and Sharon ensured that from intake to discharge, I felt taken care of. The aftercare at Serenity is truly amazing!

I did a lot of research to select just the right doctor to do surgery on my face. When I first met with this professional, he proved that he had a very keen eye for looking at my face in its entirety rather than focusing only on the problem areas. He sat quietly observing me with a calm demeanor. He listened intently when I described my situation and clearly picked up on the tiniest details. He went on to provide me with excellent feedback.

This doctor is very personable and easily able to connect with me on a down-to-earth level. In fact, this doctor even gave me his personal email to contact him if I had any additional questions or concerns. How often does a doctor care enough to give you his personal email these days? He also made himself available through the entire process.

It was my stated goal to restore my natural appearance. I did not want to look fake or plastic. Once the bandages came off, I was amazed and impressed with the results. In particular, I like Dr. Moellenken’s decidedly conservative approach. The results of the procedure look great! My face looks like a refreshed version of my self. All the incisions were very meticulous placed and hidden.

I also had a concern – from past experiences – that I would get sick and be nauseated from the general anesthesia. I am very sensitive to the medicines used. Yet again, there was good news: I suffered no nausea at all. Finally, I enjoyed great follow-up and aftercare from this doctor.

Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I'm glad this went so well for you! Thanks for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Are you back to your normal routine yet?
Yes, except for running, yoga and golf. I am walking 3 miles a day. This is the hardest part because I am very active. Thanks for reaching out!
But it's great that you are back to walking at least. I also am wanting to get active as soon as possible. Some folks have said their experience was that getting too active too soon made swelling worse... did you experience anything like that?
I am doing casual walking not getting my heart rate up. I have not experienced any additional swelling. I have been warned I cannot resume exercise for 4 weeks and weights and yoga for 6 weeks. I am wearing a big hat that warps around with velcro and am walking early morning. I think it depends on how fit you were before surgery. I am listening to what I call chill music and I find the walk is making me sleep better. FYI, I did not do any walking for 2 weeks and am not doing any speed walking. My doctor communicated I can start casual walking on flat surfaces up to 5 miles. I am also mindful on how my body feels and am being very careful not to get overheated.
Thanks for your great report! What facial procedures did you have? Have heard glowing reviews about him. Did the price include any part of the recovery center? If not, what is the rate? Congratulations and happy healing !!!
The price did not include the recovery center at Serenity. Here is their website with pricing and pics, http://www.*********.com. Frequently, a nurse makes a huge difference in the level of aftercare that a patient receives, my nurse was Lynn. Looking at her dedication to excellence and easy bedside manner, I confidently say that she is easily the best nurse whom I have ever encountered! She attended to my needs with a great attitude and with an eye on making me comfortable. Rather than just seeing to her tasks, she patiently explained what she did and why. These few extra minutes made a huge difference in my aftercare experience. I am truly grateful for Lynn’s expertise and great care! I would rate Serenity to a 5 star hotel.