Lower Blepharoplasty with Fat Transfer by Dr. Randal Haworth - Beverly Hills, CA

Dr. Haworth performed a lower blepharoplasty w/...

Dr. Haworth performed a lower blepharoplasty w/ fat transfer on my eyes 6 days ago, using dissolvable sutures. The incision was made directly under my lower lash line. I have bags under my eyes at age 46 that show up in the morning and later in the afternoon, making me look tired. Deep sockets as well.

Sutures were removed. They were actually not dissolvable. Looks great. 6th day post op.

I will post pics soon.

First post op photos of lower blepharoplasty with fat transfer to sockets and slightly below

Had some continuous bleeding from my left under eye in tear duct area (as seen in photos, eye on the right). Woke on morning after surgery to find my left eye (right eye in pics) had completely sealed shut with dried blood caked over my entire top eyelashes. I literally needed several q tips saturated in water to unseal my eye by slightly wetting the top lashes. It took about 8 or 9 qtips to do this.

Day 3 of post op

My left eye stopped leaking blood from below tear duct area and clotted over. I'm leaving that alone as if I try to clean it any further I am worried it will open up and start bleeding all over again. Informed my doctor of this on morning following surgery and sent him a pic which he responded to by email within MINUTES and said to try to clean off the blood as much as I could with q tips. I did this and now I monitor it.

Day 4-5 post op pics

Started to tear up a lot in left eye as it the lower rim was drooping away from the eyeball in the same spot where all of the bleeding was taking place. I am not sure if there is a connection between the two occurrences. I emailed pics to my doctor on day 5 which was a SUNDAY NIGHT and he promptly within MINUTES responded to my concerns (great, right? This doctor probably never sleeps, he has really shown great care toward my recovery.). He said the lower eyelid drooping is from mild eyelid eversion and to massage it upward in a circular motion. I am going in on day 6 to have the stitches removed so he will show me how to care for and monitor this issue.

Day 6 post op with stitches finally removed

In my first post I wrote that the stitches were dissolvable but I was mistaken. They needed to be removed which was done today. Felt so weird having the doctor pull out from one side, a little unpleasant tugging sensation but over fast and not too painful. Bandages finally taken off. Doctor said my uneven drooping undereye rims were due to swelling and showed me how to massage for 1 minute, 5x daily with just enough pressure using 1 finger under the incision site so that it moves my eyeball slightly. He said this will help recovery. I really hope he's right because the drooping is scaring me a little.

Day 7 post op

9 days post op. I think lower lid droopiness is slightly improving

2 weeks + 2 days post op--fat transfer is still very swollen on face

My lower blepharoplasty with fat transfer included fat transfer to tear trough area and upper center cheek at the intersection where lower eye socket meets upper cheek center. I had dents and a gaunt area on one side so doctor filled with my own fat during surgery. As you can see in pics, the fat grafting still has MAJOR swelling even though my eyes now look AMAZING and smooth with no wrinkles or hollowed sockets..and the eyelid drooping is GONE at 2 weeks post op!

Giving this a 5 star rating ! My eyes look great at 2 1/2 wks post op!

The fat transfer swelling to lower face continues to go down. Eyes look 100% better than a week ago.
I still need to sleep with 3 pillows and head elevated above heart level, otherwise when I wake up in morning, significant swelling has returned to what i looked like 5 days prior.
Only today 2 1/2 wks post op have I felt comfortable going outside to run errands since sales help and cashiers have stared at me, most likely because of swelling from the fat transfer and also from major nostril swelling still extremely noticeable from an upper lip lift procedure.

One year later

One year postop and my eyes look great. Very natural and you cannot see any incisions are drooping at all the way that I had during the healing process. I recommended Dr. Haworth to several of my friends for the same procedure.

One year later

Happy with my results exactly a year later. I have been harassed by a stalker on a scorecard website who hates Dr. Haworth and tried to push me to change my positive review, actually implying I was compensated by Dr. Haworth for saying my results were positive, instead of "mediocre". I am happy with my results and recommend Dr. H for this procedure. I will go back to him if I ever feel the need for a small improvement as I age into my 50's as I am now 47.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Nice, friendly, provides a great deal of time in consultation answering all questions and explaining the procedure. Artistic sensibility..just make sure you are on the same page aesthetically. Excellent communication, prompt response to three emails post surgery within MINUTES late at night and on a weekend when I had some concerns about swelling issues. It's too soon to complete the review on this procedure at this time as it has only been 6 days so I will provide more info later. Once I see the great final result I'm hoping for, I will likely bump this up to a 5 star rating. I do realize that the greatest doctor cannot work miracles on someone with poor healing abilities and I hope I am not one of those patients. He's pretty great.