Amazing Results with Lower Eyelid Fat Repositioning with Dr. Hoenig -Beverly Hills, CA

Five weeks ago I had a lower eyelid fat...

Five weeks ago I had a lower eyelid fat repositioning procedure done by Dr. Hoenig. I decided to get a consultation with Dr. Hoenig because he is so highly recommended on this website. My intent was to get filler under my eyes to get rid of the bags that were making me look tired all the time. During the consult, Dr. H said that filler wouldn't be the best option in my situation because I had "hills and valleys" that would be better treated with eyelid fat repositioning. I wasn't even considering surgery at the time. To show me what the filler would look like, he shot a bit of saline under my eyes to simulate what filler would do. It completely changed the shape of my eyes and made me look like I had just woken up after crying all night. He showed me before and after photos of patients who had the fat repositioning done and they were impressive so I signed up for the surgery.

I've never had any sort of plastic surgery before and was really nervous about having my eyelids worked on while awake and under only local anesthesia. Turns out I needn't have worried at all - it was painless and I was loopy from valium and indifferent to what was going on during the surgery. I followed the pre- and post-op instructions very closely* and had no issues other than an allergic reaction to the surgical tape. I also took arnica montana for bruising and bromelain for swelling. The first week there was minimal bruising and minor swelling. By the end of week 2 there was only a little swelling. I'm at five weeks post op and I look and feel fabulous! He did such a great job, you can't even tell I had anything done. When I compare photos of how I used to look to how I look now, the change is subtle yet amazing.

All of his staff, especially Noemi, are really nice. And Dr. H is a really kind, patient and most importantly, highly skilled oculoplastic surgeon. He called to see how I was doing and quickly responded to any questions I had. I highly recommend going to see Dr. Hoenig if you are thinking about getting work done on your eyes!

* you're not supposed to shower for the first few days, but I knew I would sleep, and therefore recover, better if I could wash my hair so I made a face/bandage protector out of aluminum foil and scotch tape. It took me a 1/2 hour just to get my ridiculous looking shower contraption on but it was so worth it!

Pictures Please! It sounds like you are doing great!

Thanks for sharing.  How long did the saline last under your eye?  What an interesting way to show you exactly what filler would look like.  I'd love to see a picture of your shower creation!

Before & After Photos - Side View

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Post surgery photos

I am, thank you! I can't say enough about what a great job Dr. Hoenig did. I'm so thankful for this site and the people who shared their experiences.
The saline only lasted about a half hour. I forgot to list another essential element to the shower contraption - paper towels to catch any leaks so the bandages wouldn't get wet. And I used a shower spray so I could control the flow and direction of the water. I was only able to get one use out of each shower creation - they got pretty beat up during the hair washing process!

Determined to wash my hair

Wow, amazing! I so wish I could go to him, have heard and read great things. Unfortunately, he's about 3000 miles away! (And I thought he had retired or stopped doing bleph/eye surgery....) You must be so pleased. The pix are hard to see, but it looks like your "valley" really got filled in beautifully. Congrats!
Thanks, Cody21! I am really glad I did it. He did such a great job. I'm posting a couple more photos - I'm using the same camera though so they may also be kind of grainy...
You look marvelous!

Whoa! Look at me now!

Saw the pix you posted yesterday. Just awesome! Beautiful. I'm so happy for you! Maybe I need to fly out to LA, and I'm not kidding. How long did it take you to look presentable enough to travel after surgery?
Thank you, Cody21! It took me a week from the surgery to look presentable enough to travel. I had bandages on up to my one week post op appointment. When he took them off, there was still a little swelling, faint yellow bruising, and tiny pink holes where he removed the stitches, but it wasn't so bad that I worried about scaring people. Extra foundation did a pretty good job of covering it up. Right after the bandages came off, I went on a 150 mile road trip. When I got to my destination I immediately went out in public since there was no chance I would run into anyone I knew, and it was fine. No one pointed, stared, or commented on it. Although that's not to say they weren't thinking it...but who cares! One other thing - I followed the dietary restrictions (no fish oil or other blood thinning supplements/medications two weeks prior, reduce salt intake) very closely and continued them for almost three weeks after the surgery. I think it helped a lot because normally I bruise like a peach. I choked down a lot of plain tofu and chicken breasts (protein helps with the healing) and as an added bonus lost 5 pounds. If you are able to see Dr. Hoenig, I think you will be very pleased with the results. Good luck, and keep us updated!

8 Days Post Op

Wonderful result!
Thank you! I'm really glad I had it done, and by Dr. Hoenig.
I have puffy fat under my eyes and tear trough "shadows". I consulted with 2 oculoplastic surgeons locally and neither would do fat repositioning. Both would "trim" and said I might need filler after :/
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

THE BEST OCULOPLASTIC SURGEON IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!