Experience So Far Following Multiple-procedures: Eyes, Facelift, Fat Transfer, Chin Implant & Neck Sculpting - Beverly Hills, CA

This is post-op day 9 for me following eight...

This is post-op day 9 for me following eight hours' worth of surgery on October 2, and I'm happy to report that things are looking pretty good. I hope that gives some hope and encouragement to others who are apprehensively pre-op or early post-op.

I must say the first three post-op days were rough. There was pain and there was discomfort, mainly in the chin, around the ears (sutures) and from the drainage tubes in the back of the head. Granted, Vicodin certainly takes the edge off, but there's not much it can do for just plain old uncomfortableness, especially the very strange sensation of having literally no feeling in certain parts of the face, especially around the ears and jawline, not being able to open one's mouth very wide to shove a little food in and those miserable drainage tubes in the back of the head that are uncomfortable to rest one's head on, and that you must do since you must sleep on your back for a while.

But, mercifully, the drainage tubes and the massive dressings came off on post-op Day 1, and a new, lighter dressing applied, and that was a great relief. I went home on Day 2. Day 3 was mainly just enduring the discomfort and taking Vicodin every 4 to 6 hours. But Day 4 was different. I woke up. My eyes felt almost completely open, and the pain and discomfort in my chin, neck and ears was still there, but decidedly lessened. I took my last Vicodin that day.

Yesterday, Day 8, I drove (for the first time since surgery) myself to the doctor's office for my third post-op appt. and all went well. Yellow bruising is still there, but the worst of the bruising is behind me and with a little make-up, I may venture out later today (Day 9) to the grocery. Going to the movies tomorrow night, my first real outing.

I'm only on Day 9, but if anybody would like any questions answered about my experience so far, I'd be more than happy to oblige and I promise I will be brutally honest. I will admit it was more intense in terms of discomfort than I was expecting, but fortunately it didn't last for long.

Would love to see before and after photos. Thanks!
Do you know what type of facelift you had?
No, I don't. Sorry. I can ask though on my next follow-up appt.

Adding before and after chin/neck photos.

you look like you are doing really well and recovering quickly. I can only say that the pictures look terrific and you must be really thrilled! Best of luck with recovery.
Thanks very much. Today is post-op Day 15, and I must say, for some reason, I feel more uncomfortable today that I have the past several days. Maybe it's because I'm starting to get a little feeling back in certain parts of my face. Also, the swelling is going down more quickly on the right side of my face than the left, and that makes me look a little lop-sided--probably not too noticeable to others, but certainly to me. Also, I'm wearing my contacts again, and they don't feel quite right. I think it's because there's still a tiny bit or swelling and pulling and especially some numbness in my lower lids. I'm not too bent-out-of-shape about any of this (I go back for another post-op appt. with the ps on Monday, 21st), but I seem to be having a few little "downs" in the recovery process now--nothing serious, just noticeable. But, all in all, doing just fine and feeling fine.
You look great! Thanks for all the comments.

Today is post-op Day 20. Still a little swollen and still have some yellow bruising on upper cheeks where fat transfer took place. Also, have had some pain around chin implant, which PS says might be scar tissue forming around the implant. He injected something into it yesterday, and the pain is gone. I'm back now to just mild soreness.

Day of surgery

Before and after: October 2 and October 22

I'm now using Oxygenetix (shade is "Pearl"), and I love it. It has a beautiful finish, and I think I might like to continue wearing it even after the bruises are gone. HOWEVER, I must say, it really doesn't cover any better than the Laura Mercier cream foundation I had been wearing. DermaBlend probably provides the best coverage, I just didn't care for the finish. It looked a little "cakey" on me.

Today is post-op Day 26. Not too much news to report. Still have those lingering little bruises on my upper cheeks and one little round one on my right cheek from the fat transfer. PS says bruising from fat transfer can linger for up to three months. The tightness in my face and neck is gradually loosening up and that feels so much better. And most of the soreness in my chin is gone. Still pretty numb around the ears, plus I'm a little impatient that the incisions, although healed quite nicely, are raised and crusty. Go back to the surgeon a week from today. Will take that up with him then. All in all, so very pleased and so happy.

Yay! You are doing wonderful and look GREAT!!! Kathy

CORRECTION: Today is post-op Day 27 for me, not 26. Maybe not counting the days anymore is a good sign! :)

Congratulations, amazing results!
I am also planning on consulting with this doctor. How was the aftercare?
Wow. Money well spent. You look great.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

Outstanding! I couldn't have been more pleased with the professionalism, attention to detail and safety and especially the artistry, which I'm convinced is a large part of this branch of medicine. It's not just skill, it's definitely art. I also appreciated his philosophy of "less is more." He is of the opinion that the least amount of surgery to achieve the desired result is preferable to doing any and everything just because you can. It's not necessary and can have disastrous results. In the unlikely event that it's not enough, you can always go back later and have more surgery; however, undoing something that's been overdone is difficult and oftentimes risky. I sincerely appreciate and agree with his philosophy. Also his staff were fantastic. Dr. Nikolov and his entire surgical and administrative team were wonderful, kind and comforting. I felt that I was in very, very good hands.