Concern About Lip Lift with Dr Haworth - Beverly Hills, CA

Please I need advice!!! I am considering to get a...

Please I need advice!!!
I am considering to get a lip lift and I am looking for the best Surgeon. I live in Europe but I don't mind traveling anywhere.
I read positive reviews about Dr Haworth in Beverly Hills, I checked his website and I like the results but when I see some pictures of this procedure in other places like this website, I see that the upper lip tend to end up quite asymmetrical and it's very noticeable because of the amount of teeth show.
Another thing I saw in the pictures is the downward pull of the nose, the shape of the nostrils change for worse...I am very scared!!! I really wanted to get a LL but now...I am very doubtfull.
Have you had this experience after a lip lift with Dr Haworth?
Sorry about my english, my mother tongue is italian.
Thanks a lot!!!

italy has some of the best plastic surgeons in the world. you do not need to travel to another continent to get a lip lift! find a doctor in italy and you will be happy! ciao and please be careful. your concerns about this technique are right.
I strongly urge you to think very, very carefully before you have a lip lift with muscle cutting or hemming. My doctor advised me there was nothing to gain from it (once the skin only is removed, the reduction is permanent) and many potential complications. The recovery time is significantly longer when the muscle is tampered with. I was convinced I needed the "permanent" advantage of muscle cutting and am just so grateful I went with my doctor and just had a simple bullhorn procedure. Recovery was a breeze and I have full mobility. Take care.

I'm glad you're here and I hope you're able to get this done by a great surgeon. The  reviews are great places to delve in and read what others say about their surgeons. Please keep us updated on your journey!

IF YOU WANT TO USE MY NAME WITH DR. RODREGUEZ, IT IS: JEAN SANDER FROM CONNECTICUT
I will! I decided to write because it's very important for me to pick the best surgeon I can. Thanks!!
by the way, lillyolilly, if you do contact Dr. Rodreguez, you can tell him that Jean Sander gave you his name. I went to 3 different surgeons after my disaster lip lift and they all said 'nothing can be done'. Dr. Rodreguez proved them wrong!!!
Thanks a lot! I would like to ask you if he does the muscle humming for the lip lift, or he just removes the skin... Thanks!!
Hi Lillyolilly, You can find Dr. Rodreguez on line...just click his name and location(Baltimore, Maryland USA). He has a video just discussing how he does the lip lift. I really think you need to find his video, and all of your questions will be answered. Best, valborg
Thank you so much!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I would highly recommend Dr. Rodreguez, in Baltimore, Maryland. I had a lip lift here in Connecticut, USA...it was a disaster!!! I just returned last night from Baltimore and Dr. Rodreguez repaired all of the problems that my original surgeon created. You can e-mail the doctor at: Kelly@cosmeticsurg.net or call 410-494-8100 USA Also, the doctor is much closer to you (east coast) rather than travelling all the way to California. Good Luck! Valborg
Hi Valborg, Thanks a lot for your reply. Do you know if Dr. Rodríguez does the músculo humming on the lip lift? I heard that males the result lasts longer. Thanks!!!
I do not know the answer. What I orginally had in Connecticut, USA was a vermillion lip advancement (Dr. Rodriguez does the 'bull horn' where the sutures are around the nose); however, he was still able to correct by botched surgery. Why don't you ask him? Best to you, jean sander (valborg)
Valborg, this is very encouraging to hear. I would love to have my lips repaired but am waiting for the skin to relax a bit. I did not have the vermillion lip lift, but the other type. I have seen your photos. Would you mind posting a review of your repair? It would be most helpful. Thanks so much. You've given me hope!
Sorry, i forgot to ask... how did he repair it? Did he recut the scar or resurface it and put filler in there? I'd love to know. Thanks!
Dear Unoq, Yes, I had Dr. Rodreguez repair the botched vermillion lip advancement that was done in Conn.;however, I never posted photos, so I hope you have the right patient. The repair was to the v-y that the Connecticut surgeon did along with the lip advancement...I never consented to a v-y and was unaware that this was additional surgery!!! So, now back to the repair. It looks much better and I don't have that horrible piece of skin hanging from the underside of my lip, BUT I do have a bump on the right side of my lip. Dr. Rodreguez told me to wait 3 months and then have a cortisone injection on the bump...we'll see...Valborg
Dr Rodreguez did recut the scar under my lips...moved the tissue around a bit so that the piece of skin is no long visable...hope this helps. Valborg
Sorry Valborg, I should clarify - I was referring to the pics you posted along with your qus to the docs on here. Well done for getting thru the revision, I will consider asking your doctor abut my case one day. As for the bump - just make sure to ask your doctor what strength the cortisone injection will be (you don't want it to be too high). I had one of these and it did cause discolouration but then again the dose was site potent.
Thanks, it's good to know these difficult problems can potentially be revised!
I think most of us post pictures right soon after surgery when we are still very swollen etc... and as swelling goes thru many changes and becomes swollen and thinner at different intevals and is uneven it is too soon to judge untill 6 mos after. I know alot of people stop posting after they are happy and enjoying their new look. My nose and nostrils are very isometrical but it is nit Dr Haworths fault, and fixing mine will be a process so in my pics mine looks uneven but in person it is already better than before surgery. Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks a lot for your response and for your post and pics. I've seen your last pic and your lips look so nice! I'm very encourage now to choose Dr. Haworth. Your nostrils look much better as well. I am considering as well a nose Job revision to improve a previous nose Job I had in the past, which is quite good, but I like small changes. Are you happy with your nose job? Do you think the results are natural? I want a very natural nose. Thanks a lot again!
I really like everything he did so far. I am waiting fir the swelling to go down more to see my final results. I may still want to get the ear cartlage graft to my right nostril and I may get my ear lobes reduced further. Dr Haworth asked me if I wanted a conservative lip lift or dramatic lift and I said dramatic. I figure everything continues to age and want to drop so I want it to last along time. I don't know how many more surgeries I will want to put myself though so I'm trying to get ahead of the game.
Read the forum. Others had great results with other plastic surgeons. Check out ZiZI results with Dr. Niamtu