What a Pain in the Neck! Can't Wait for Relief...- Beverly Hills, CA

Well, I've been a realself.com stalker for about 8...

Well, I've been a realself.com stalker for about 8 months now, ever since I decided to resize the girls. I'm scheduled for surgery August 29, and can't wait!
I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2004, and have suffered from fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis for many years as well. I'm 45, 5'7" 138 lbs. over the last two years, my back and dock pain has increased significantly, as has my breast size.
I was a 34D at the time of my Lupus diagnosis, trying without success to have a child. I suffered a total of 10 miscarriages over 6 years of trying, which meant I was pregnant for a total of more than 24 months between them all. Each loss changed my body a bit and brought with it an emotional and physical downhill freight train. After the last loss in 2009, I was basically bedridden for almost 3 years with terrible pain, fatigue and as you might suspect depression.
Each loss also left me a cup use or so larger, so today I am a 31H. A 31" frame wasn't made to support an H cup! The weight and size limits my physical activity, although I am able to be much more active now. And I now struggle with constant neck and back pain. I'm hopeful the reduction will alleviate my pain, and help me be less self conscious about them! My posture has degraded a great deal over the years, due to both the physical issues with the size and weigh, but also emotional. I hide them as best I can! I have very few summer tis, which is tough living in LA. But, I can't just throw on a tank top or tee without under armor! I can't wait to wear a racer back or sleeveless top with a simple, much less expensive bra!
I know in this forum I'm preach into the choir, an you are all familiar with these issues and struggles, but I thought I'd share my story and journey to the new me!

This time next week - there will be a little less of me!

One more week! I can't believe my countdown is coming to a close. Literally dreaming of the day I can throw on a tank top and go out in the warm LA sunshine (with sunscreen of course) wearing a normal or maybe even no bra, or going to the pool or beach in a normal size bathing suit! I've been a little nervous about healing, since I take immune suppressant drugs for my Lupus. But, I've been reading a lot and I'm not too worried. I'm excellent at listening to my body and following directions where my health is concerned. So, this should be fine. I'm currently a little uncomfortable, since I am in the window of taking no pain medications. That, coupled with an interruption in taking some of my lupus meds, has me in a bit of pain at the moment. But, its tolerable - and well worth it, since the great life changing surgery is just around the corner! Thank you for your thank yous and comments! I will update again after the deed is done!

Just a few more hours...

So, I've just had a nice bath, yummy protein rich dinner and all around lovely evening. Getting ready for a few hours sleep before we head over to the surgery center. Very excited! A little nervous too. I got my 'body art' today in prep at the doc's. thought I'd share that lovely transitional look before the big day!

Lost 2 pounds in 4 hours! :-)

I made it, don't feel too bad, allthough I definitely need pain meds every 4 hours or so.

It's hard to tell, but we think I'm a C, and it looks good to me, even squished into the surgical bra.

My neck feels better already, maybe from it being stationary and relaxed for so long, or maybe the weight. I do feel slightly wobbly, but my equilibrium should balance out soon.

Sorry for the poor photo quality, I'll get my guy to take better ones soon! Thanks for all the encourageing comments!

So relieved, I think they look pretty good!

Only 2 days, and I got to take the bandages off and shower today. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! I am bruised a bit, and they aren't perfect yet, but they look pretty good! I feel great! A little sore, but not bad.

I'm dying to try on a bunch of clothes for normal use chests! I have bathing suits I bought that never fit, tops that were too tight - all sorts of stuff, but I don't want to overdo. I am a bit worn out just from the shower. I do have a what used to be tight tee over the bra pictured and it fits perfectly, not tight at all! And my husband just told me he thin I look! Bonus!

My neck and back feel good too, even though I've had to sleep just on my back. So far I'm thrilled with having this done! Each day of healing is bound to bring on even better news!

Another photo

Here's an au natural photo... Little bruising, but not bad for just two days!

I'm sure glad I did this now - for even MORE reasons!

My pathology results came back, and I have atypical lobulan hyperplasia (bilateral). According to my wonderful doctor and the little bit of research I've done - that means my risk of breast cancer is 4 to 5 times higher than most women my age. So, she recommended I see a good breast oncologist here in LA, once I get further in my healing and I will probably get on a 6-12 month routine of intensive breast routine screening to included mammograms, which of course I already do, and MRI, etc. Since my tissue is so dense, my regular screening might not have caught this! So, I'm thankful - both that I did catch it now, and that a lot of the tissue was removed in my surgery. That arguably reduces my risk, although I don't know how much, and more importantly - found it! Big C scary stuff - but ahead of the game and manageable is ALWAYS better than a late game notification! :-) I'm making my appointment for the oncologist now!

2 weeks post op, update!

Couldn't be happier so far - physically or mentally! The stitches are a little itchy, and feel a little 'tight' at te end f th day, but I don't really have any soreness or pain. The bruising is gong away quickly, and the tape came off right at the two week mark. I was a little nervous to look at the bare incisions, but they look fine! Things are a little bumpy here and there, but Dr. Kim says they will smooth out as they heal and the stitches dissolve. I also feel like the left is a little bigger tan the right, but that too should even out over time, once the swelling and everything heals up!

I'm posting some duplicate pics here for side-by-side comparison. Front and side views, before and after.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon