I have been wanting a BA since I found out they...

I have been wanting a BA since I found out they existed, but haven't really been in the position ($$$!) to consider going through with it, until NOW! Words cannot express how giddy I am about all of this so far, and I haven't even had my first consult yet :-p I am probably currently 32AA or 34A but have never been properly measured due to embarrassment and the fact that I basically use bras for prosthetic breasts at this point...sadface.

After years of research (definitely more in-depth lately, vs just wishing!) I am putting my trust in Dr. David Kim in Beverly Hills and hope I feel as confident in my decision after our consultation (6/25/14)

Based on my stats (will need to determine breast width, etc with Dr) I am thinking silicone implants, submuscular, 350-400ccs. I am trying to avoid arbitrary cup sizes but would LOVE to be a C/D when all is said and done. I want to have large breasts, but it is more important to me that they fit my frame and look natural, so I will take my PS's advice in that regard.

My consult is still a month away, so I may not have any updates until then. For now I will leave you with some "before" pics of myself and wish pics I've gathered from lurking on Realself!

Correction + wish pics

32A / 34AA *

Here are some wish pics I found on Realself and general internet searching...

A big thank you

To all the ladies on here who have shared their experiences and helped me to open up about my decision. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful mom and fiance to help me along the way, but your posts have truly lifted my spirit!

Got slightly weirded out..

...about posting bare pics, so I removed them. Maybe for the before/after if I go through with it!

Rice sizers

Consult is coming up next week... I'm liking the rice sizers in the ~350-400 range still.

Return of the horribly embarrassing "pre" photos

Hope this helps someone with similar stats considering BA! As you can see here, not only do I have zero boobs, I have also been graced by the asymmetry fairy. I can't wait to never see myself this way again!!!!!

More wish pics

Oh also..

Last post today, I swear! Sheesh, one would think I was obsessed with boobs o_O

Anyway I just wanted to mention more about my stats. I have no children/no breastfeeding in my life obviously. I do not plan on having any children in the future, and my hubs agrees. I know that's probably a concern for many of you considering BA, unfortunately I can't speak from any kind of experience in that department.

Had consult and scheduled surgery!

Well my consult went as expected, I didn't have many questions due to the amount of research I've already done. I felt comfortable and prepared with the whole experience. If anyone is still needing information to help prepare you for consults, etc, check out "The Boob Job Bible" it really helped me, and even has a printable form of questions to ask your potential surgeon so you don't forget anything! I don't have my specifics in terms of ccs/profile. It will depend on what looks best once I am under. I brought "wish pics" to my consult, Dr Kim did a basic exam of my breasts and looked at different implants with me. He said 400cc to get the look I'm going for, maybe more. Moderate plus or high profile are the two considerations in that department! I am SUPER EXCITED!!

More before pics and food thoughts

Just some more before photos while I have 'em haha! It will be nuts to look back on these in a few months.

My pre-op appointment is 7/15. I'm trying to stick to a core exercise routine and have already been eating much healthier for the past few months specifically, so I hope to make the most of my healing with the best foods! Whole fruits and veggies, limited (but some) dairy, lean meats, nuts/legumes, etc. Protein, fiber and vitamins! Smoothies (add some protein powder) and protein shakes are a great way to get the nutrients you need if you have a poor appetite post surgery.

I also found a menu you could loosely stick to that may give you some ideas for things to eat after surgery. If your surgeon has specific dietary guidelines for you after surgery, obviously stick to that.

Supplies and such

Yesterday I went out to get a few things needed for upcoming BA. My PS told me to get a front zip sports bra that fits me comfortably now. First I went to VS, they do have 2 sports bras that zip in the front which are expensive ($55 each) but both have underwire :( Next was Walmart, which I really don't advocate shopping at, but they had both Champion and Danskin bras which fit the criteria for $10-15! However... there were none in stock that were even close to my size. Thirdly was Sports Authority which was recommended to me by my PS office. They had a huge selection but also pricey. About $50/bra, and I found 3. I may return the two Under Armour brand bras and stick with the purple Nike one for now as it really is the best fit /most comfortable. Next I placed my Amazon order for palmer's stretch mark cream, bio oil, wedge pillow, body wipes (Burts bees), and a wedge pillow for the dreaded back sleeping. I'll obviously need more but I already feel like I'm going overboard!

fyi for those of you who wrote out a big ol review only to have it refresh and disappear - this happened to me yesterday ugh! The trick seems to be attach all pictures first, then type your review!

19 Days to go!

My pre-op appointment is in 3 days :-D I hope my blood work is good enough to move forward with surgery!

Here is a " before" bikini shot while I can get one! The black scribble is covering a recognizable tattoo, haha...

Pre-op Appointment

Went well! Had my blood drawn (should get results some time today), but mostly spent my time filling out a huge pile of paperwork, glad I was early! The PA (physician's assistant) then reviewed everything with me in major detail. Saw Dr Kim briefly just to confirm everything, I was given a written Rx for all my med school to take to the pharmacy, which I plan to do today :) eeeeeek I really hope my blood work comes back normal!!!!!

Damn autocorrect

Med school?? Medications**

Blood results

I freaked out a tiny bit because I hadn't heard anything about my lab work, so I called the office and found out everything is fine- they don't call unless there's an issue. HOORAY!!! :-D

9 DAYS OMG

I'm so antsy I don't even know what to do with myself! I can't believe I'm only 9 days away. I know I didn't include any boobie pics this time- just super proud of myself for getting in shape! I've been doing Jillian Michael's "Six Week Six Pack Abs" video (on Amazon Prime currently by the way) ALMOST everyday and already noticed a huge improvement in strength. Hubby says I look great ;) I think I will definitely be able to get myself out of bed post BAH heh heh

On a less positive note, I unfortunately have been a smoker for several years (stupid, I know) and that has definitely been the biggest struggle for me thus far. I truly feel for any of you who are going through the quitting stage. I am making a lot of changes in my life right now and I really hope this will be the push I needed to stop FOREVER!

Typos...

I really wish you could edit a past entry. Seems to be a common gripe on here..*wink nudge realself*

Anyway, not sure why I typed 'BAH' (am I a sheep?) What I meant was BA (breast augmentation) :)

3 DAYS

It's finally becoming real... here are my final "pre" photos. Boobtown here I come!

Alive but barely

Somehow not bloated but very painful, more later

Post op pics

What I've been able to get so far... riding high as expected :-p still trying to fend off the pain but I think the worst of it is over, first night was hell. Bandages off today and only saw them briefly before the sports bra went on, but what I saw, I loved! Ended up with 397/371ccs to balance my slight asymmetry, which is within the range I wanted. My skin was too taught for them to have gone any bigger. Can't wait until they drop a bit!

Days 1-2 post op

So far so good..less painful today, but definitely will take a while for this bruised-all-over feeling to subside completely. The tape covering my incisions will come off at my next appointment on Wednesday, so I don't have any pictures of those yet. Today I was able to take a quick shower with my back facing the water (with some help of course :-p) and got a few pics of the high riding snoopy boobs hahaha

Implant details/mini update

Looking at my implant cards, I ended up with Natrelle silicone style 15 (mod plus profile) 397/371ccs just in case anyone was wondering. Here's a current pic in one of the sports bras in my before pictures :) I think I see a difference...

Day 3

Pain has subsided quite a bit, cut my pain meds in half and have stopped taking them every single time, mostly helpful before bed. Still taking it easy and watching TV in bed, etc, nothing too strenuous. Mom and fiancé have been a godsend and are allowing me to heal in peace :) started gentle massages today as well. Definitely had a case of the "morning boob" upon waking today but the massages seemed to help with that. Did a quick measure on myself out of curiosity and came up with 32DD!!! Wow! Haven't tried on any bras yet, though ;) we'll see!

IS THIS REALLY ME?!

I don't believe it....

Pictures

Subtle changes, if any. I'd recommend just taking a stool softener daily as soon as you get home, I didn't have any real uncomfortable bloating. Not having a bm for at least the first day after anesthesia is normal, but it doesn't have to be uncomfortable! I have an insane metabolism so I'm sure that helped too. Been doing my massages as instructed, I feel them getting slightly softer at the top. Not taking my pain meds at all anymore, just finishing the antibiotics. My wedge pillow was so uncomfortable I couldn't deal so I'm using two regular pillows propped up with a memory foam pillow on top to support my neck and have gotten used to it. Obsessed with my new boobs!!!

Cleavage!

Something I have never had before! Hope I am not disappointed once the swelling goes down ;)

As far as updates go, I don't have much to say! They are still super firm and I'm just taking it day by day.

Bare boobays

Finished massages and wanted to post some nudies :-p

Just a few progress pics :)

9 days in

Getting squishier by the day but still have some tightness and minor pain at incision sites, but nothing major. I think its going to take a while for the whole 'drop and fluff' phenomenon as my skin needs to stretch quite a bit to accommodate the implants!

Quick photo update

I think they look even better in person, and are much softer now!

Took a peek at incisions...

And the dropping process continues! I think the incisions are barely visible and so flat!! The dark blue line looking thing is just suture material I'm scheduled to have removed next week. Love them!!!

Sutures out

Had sutures removed, which was done by literally pulling them out like one long string, left felt fine but on the right I wanted to scream YEOOOOOW (luckily I was a good patient and didn't make a peep). Was cleared to wear underwire (no padding as it can create a weird shape) during the day but continue sleeping in sports bra on my back (ugh). Trying not to go crazy on the bra shopping as I know they're not done settling yet, so the one above is a $15 target bra 34D (not the best fit...they didn't have any 32 band sizes in stock!!) As you can see I have a few of those mondor's cords on my left side, ugly but not too painful, they should be self-resolving. Doc said I need to massage harder. Compared to what he did I DEFINITELY do, was just worried I would bust open an incision or something-lesson learned! He also gave me a different massage to add in which is essentially squishing my breasts on a flat surface, such as a countertop and rolling around with my body weight on them. Was instructed to take 1000mg vitamin E twice daily and given the go ahead to take my birth control again, as well as doing cardio exercise (no chest exercises). So far so good! I go back in a month for next checkup.

Finally broke down and went to VS!

Found 4 super comfortable bras, 3 of the same style in different colors (lightly lined) and one unlined. 32DD! Never thought I'd see the day :) squishiness is much improved with harder massages and mashing them on the countertops lol...

Scar Away treatment

Prior to surgery, I bought some silicone scar away strips, and according to the packaging you can use 1-2 weeks after suture removal. Has anyone had success with these? My PS recommended these 'scar pellets' they sell at the office but I keep forgetting to buy them, and I already have these strips. What are your scar treatment experiences?

Let's try this again...

I've been trying to update for the past 3 days from my phone, but each time I try to add a photo, the page refreshes! Trying from computer this time..Seems to work!

Anyway, not much to say since my last update, just trying to stay positive and keep track of any changes! They are definitely getting softer for real now, not quite 'jiggly' yet- I'd say more 'wiggly' hahaha.

It's not all roses, though! I do have a few places where I notice some rippling, mainly when bending over. This is something I was definitely concerned about going in for a BA, but now that it's happening, I'm not really bothered by it. Maybe once they completely drop it will go away, maybe not. It makes sense seeing as how I didn't have enough breast tissue to fully "cover" the implant in the first place. I can live with it. Since the implants are round, they move around in the pocket anyway and it can kinda be manipulated to make it go away if i try. My concerns now would be CC (capsular contracture) and symmastia (my implants are pretty close together, I hope they don't move closer!) I'm really not freaking out about EITHER of those things, just keeping my eyes peeled for any concerns.

I feel like I'm on the road to real boobs now that I can see some definite progress, which is nice :) I'm pain free, and the mondor's cords I had seem to have gone away. I've been using the silicone scar strips 24 hours a day for a couple weeks now, I notice some progress but it's hard to catch in a photo so I'll post my incision progress next update when hopefully it is more noticeable.

On a fun note, I'm heading to Vegas with some friends for Halloween weekend - I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WEAR! I've never been able to pull off the skimpy costumes so this is a completely foreign thing for me....but I LIKE IT :-D

Hope you are all doing well and thank you so much for the compliments!

A little comparison

Day 2, Day 9, Day 15, and current pic :)

Two months!

I had my two month follow up and all is well. I'm still massaging each day, but they are comply soft and jiggly now :)

Don't mind the bruise on my left breast, it's from some..uhh..activity hahaha

There us a small spot on my left incision as well that is probably a stitch abscess but isn't anything to worry about right now. I'm going to start focusing on my scars a little more now.

Dang it

Completely* soft, not comply :-p
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I hope mine squish together alittle more like yours! Looking fantastic girl ;-)
Feel like we are about the same pre op... How'd you manage to choose the size!! I'm finding it so hard!!
Well, first I made some rice sizers in approximate sizes I thought would look good (350 - 400cc range for me), the rest was up to my anatomy. I was open with my PS about what I wanted aesthetically, and based on his work trusted his judgment. I stuck with the 350-400 range for my ideal and left the rest to my PS, ending up with 371 and 397ccs. I didn't have an exact number when I went into surgery, I just wanted him to choose what looked best within that range on me, and what worked best with my anatomy.
Start with the rice sizers if you haven't already made some :)
Happy two months!! Crazy how the time flies isn't it? I just hit 4 months! Your boobs are looking gorgeous!!
Thank you so much! YOU have looked amazing from the beginning, I totally appreciate your review. Definitely helped me in my decision :)
Please update new pictures, how softer have they gotten?
They are completely soft and very natural feeling at this point! :)
Ah your looking so good! Happy almost 2 months!!
Thank you thank you! I think we both look gooooooood ;)
You are healing so nice!!! I can't wait to get to that stage! :-)
I feel like mine got really soft seemingly overnight recently, definite changes happening now :) hopefully all positive ones :-p I'm starting to become a little bit of a Nervous Nellie over here!
We have very similar before pics! I'm hoping to not go to big because I don't want rippling.... I was looking at 300cc but looking at your size starting to think I could go bigger
Looks like you have more breast tissue than me, so you might not have that issue! I have some rippling, but only when I bend over. It doesn't bother me as much as u thought it would.
I thought it would* haha
theyre dropping beautifully and looking bigger and better :)
Thanks so much! I've been worried they may be too close together!
No way! I would love to have the beautiful cleavage-look w/out having to rely on a super padded bra ha ugh! an the shot laying on your side is just plain sexy girl lol!
They look beautiful!!! Settling right into place and so natural :) have a great day!
They are settling so nicely!! They look so full and amazing!!
D'awwww you are too sweet. Sometimes I think they are small...funny how that happens haha
How are your girls looking?! It's been a month in a half since your surgery! Post some pics please!
Finally got it to post, check it out :)
Love love love your resaults!
Thank you very much! I am definitely happy so far :)