I have been wanting a BA since I found out they...

I have been wanting a BA since I found out they existed, but haven't really been in the position ($$$!) to consider going through with it, until NOW! Words cannot express how giddy I am about all of this so far, and I haven't even had my first consult yet :-p I am probably currently 32AA or 34A but have never been properly measured due to embarrassment and the fact that I basically use bras for prosthetic breasts at this point...sadface.

After years of research (definitely more in-depth lately, vs just wishing!) I am putting my trust in Dr. David Kim in Beverly Hills and hope I feel as confident in my decision after our consultation (6/25/14)

Based on my stats (will need to determine breast width, etc with Dr) I am thinking silicone implants, submuscular, 350-400ccs. I am trying to avoid arbitrary cup sizes but would LOVE to be a C/D when all is said and done. I want to have large breasts, but it is more important to me that they fit my frame and look natural, so I will take my PS's advice in that regard.

My consult is still a month away, so I may not have any updates until then. For now I will leave you with some "before" pics of myself and wish pics I've gathered from lurking on Realself!

Correction + wish pics

32A / 34AA *

Here are some wish pics I found on Realself and general internet searching...
Dr. Kim is amazing!!! I'm 10 days post-op from my breast augmentation with him and I can't believe how good they look! I started out pretty much flat and now I'm probably a mid-C. I LOVE my results. Check out my profile for my experience with him. Good luck with everything!
You look awesome!!! It helps solidify my decision thus far...I just loved his work and the consistency of his before & after photos. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and the support!
How are you doing? I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Kim next month!!

A big thank you

To all the ladies on here who have shared their experiences and helped me to open up about my decision. I am lucky enough to have a wonderful mom and fiance to help me along the way, but your posts have truly lifted my spirit!
Your before boobs are super cute... Just saying.
Awwww thank you!
I don't think I've ever gotten a boob compliment before!

Got slightly weirded out..

...about posting bare pics, so I removed them. Maybe for the before/after if I go through with it!

Rice sizers

Consult is coming up next week... I'm liking the rice sizers in the ~350-400 range still.
I have a consultation today with Dr. Kim. I am about your size. 5'2 107 pounds , 24 years old. I see that you removed you're own pictures, if ok with you, can you email a pic of your before and after BA.
I decided I'm going to read-post some before photos in my next post, check it out! I haven't had surgery yet.
When is your surgery date? I went to my consultation with dr. Kim yesterday. He said 300 cc will be good. I like dr. Kim as my surgeon, I'm just scared.

Return of the horribly embarrassing "pre" photos

Hope this helps someone with similar stats considering BA! As you can see here, not only do I have zero boobs, I have also been graced by the asymmetry fairy. I can't wait to never see myself this way again!!!!!
I also have a similar body type. 5'2, 110 lbs. 25 years old. 32A boobs (maybe even AA). I have been doing a lot of research lately about getting a BA. Your wish pics are right on par with what I am looking for as well! I'll be sure to keep up with your thread as you move through your own BA journey :)
Thanks, I hope I can be helpful in some way! Do you think you'll do a review (didn't think I would, haha)? My consult is tomorrow...have you set anything up yet or still researching?
I'm not searching anymore, Dr. Kim is who I want . I am just scared, so I didn't book my surgery yet. He quoted me 9, 150 dollars.

More wish pics

Oh also..

Last post today, I swear! Sheesh, one would think I was obsessed with boobs o_O

Anyway I just wanted to mention more about my stats. I have no children/no breastfeeding in my life obviously. I do not plan on having any children in the future, and my hubs agrees. I know that's probably a concern for many of you considering BA, unfortunately I can't speak from any kind of experience in that department.

Had consult and scheduled surgery!

Well my consult went as expected, I didn't have many questions due to the amount of research I've already done. I felt comfortable and prepared with the whole experience. If anyone is still needing information to help prepare you for consults, etc, check out "The Boob Job Bible" it really helped me, and even has a printable form of questions to ask your potential surgeon so you don't forget anything! I don't have my specifics in terms of ccs/profile. It will depend on what looks best once I am under. I brought "wish pics" to my consult, Dr Kim did a basic exam of my breasts and looked at different implants with me. He said 400cc to get the look I'm going for, maybe more. Moderate plus or high profile are the two considerations in that department! I am SUPER EXCITED!!
Wow I loved your wish booby photos!! Book marked them! Contests on your big decision!! I'm right with you my surgery should be in Oct have to wait 6 mths post breastfeeding ! While it was worth it I hate waiting! Keep informed on how all goes!!!
I agree, the waiting game is so difficult!! I took the soonest surgery date I could get because I am SO READY (no kids). I felt like a fourteen year old boy with my stash of boobie pictures lol. Thanks for stopping by :) wish you the best when your day comes, I'll definitely keep you updated!
How did your consultation with dr. Kim go? What size did you guys decide on? Silicone or saline? Moderate plus? When is the surgery date!?!!!!

More before pics and food thoughts

Just some more before photos while I have 'em haha! It will be nuts to look back on these in a few months.

My pre-op appointment is 7/15. I'm trying to stick to a core exercise routine and have already been eating much healthier for the past few months specifically, so I hope to make the most of my healing with the best foods! Whole fruits and veggies, limited (but some) dairy, lean meats, nuts/legumes, etc. Protein, fiber and vitamins! Smoothies (add some protein powder) and protein shakes are a great way to get the nutrients you need if you have a poor appetite post surgery.

I also found a menu you could loosely stick to that may give you some ideas for things to eat after surgery. If your surgeon has specific dietary guidelines for you after surgery, obviously stick to that.
Now I'm getting nervous I wanted saline for sue however, I don't want ripples!!! I've wanted to do this for years and have already paid half down, went to one consult, and am now waiting for Oct. due to having to wait 6 mths post breast feeding!! I've really got no one to share or talk with except my fiancé who's tired of hearing about it! My mom, big Sis, and friends all think BA is dangerous and selfish!! Please help anyone with saline let me know how they've turned out for you!! I know there's a greater risk in rupture, and I cannot think of what I'd do if that were to happen to me;( I need advice I'm thankful for this site!! any advice would be appriacated ;) Btw I'm 5'1 110-115lbs, 30 yrs, mother of 1 15 mth old breastfed for 13.5 months!!!
What did your PS say about saline for you? Maybe you have more breast tissue than I have and it's totally fine! I have seen many great results with Saline on this site. Are you going under or above the muscle?
I'm sorry to hear your family isn't the most supportive...just remember it isn't about them! Luckily your fiance will be there for you :) he may be tired of hearing about it now, but I suspect if he is like any other guy he won't be able to get enough of your results ;)

Supplies and such

Yesterday I went out to get a few things needed for upcoming BA. My PS told me to get a front zip sports bra that fits me comfortably now. First I went to VS, they do have 2 sports bras that zip in the front which are expensive ($55 each) but both have underwire :( Next was Walmart, which I really don't advocate shopping at, but they had both Champion and Danskin bras which fit the criteria for $10-15! However... there were none in stock that were even close to my size. Thirdly was Sports Authority which was recommended to me by my PS office. They had a huge selection but also pricey. About $50/bra, and I found 3. I may return the two Under Armour brand bras and stick with the purple Nike one for now as it really is the best fit /most comfortable. Next I placed my Amazon order for palmer's stretch mark cream, bio oil, wedge pillow, body wipes (Burts bees), and a wedge pillow for the dreaded back sleeping. I'll obviously need more but I already feel like I'm going overboard!

fyi for those of you who wrote out a big ol review only to have it refresh and disappear - this happened to me yesterday ugh! The trick seems to be attach all pictures first, then type your review!
Oh wow! My BA is scheduled for the next day after yours. Mine is on Aug 1 with the same doctor. Wish you all the best!
Good luck to you! I saw this doctor for a consult too ! Can't wait to see your results :)

19 Days to go!

My pre-op appointment is in 3 days :-D I hope my blood work is good enough to move forward with surgery!

Here is a " before" bikini shot while I can get one! The black scribble is covering a recognizable tattoo, haha...
How did it go ? :) hope you're well!
Thank you! About to post my update :)

Pre-op Appointment

Went well! Had my blood drawn (should get results some time today), but mostly spent my time filling out a huge pile of paperwork, glad I was early! The PA (physician's assistant) then reviewed everything with me in major detail. Saw Dr Kim briefly just to confirm everything, I was given a written Rx for all my med school to take to the pharmacy, which I plan to do today :) eeeeeek I really hope my blood work comes back normal!!!!!
Just wondering, how tall are you?
Nevermind, I just read the title haha. Good Luck with your surgery! :)
Thanks so much! Yeah I'm 5'6" and slightly underweight :-/

Damn autocorrect

Med school?? Medications**
How do you know what size sports bras to buy for post surgery? Do you just kind I guess at it?
My PS told me to buy one that fits me NOW so that it is tight/has compression after BA :) no guessing needed!
Thank you!!

Blood results

I freaked out a tiny bit because I hadn't heard anything about my lab work, so I called the office and found out everything is fine- they don't call unless there's an issue. HOORAY!!! :-D
Sorry I totally thought that didn't post, so I wrote it again :/
Hi, really enjoyed reading this so far :) one thing I have been worrying about is that I am too thin, I thought a surgeon might tell me to put weight on first. I noticed you're also quite thin, was this ever brought up by the doctor? Thanks :)

9 DAYS OMG

I'm so antsy I don't even know what to do with myself! I can't believe I'm only 9 days away. I know I didn't include any boobie pics this time- just super proud of myself for getting in shape! I've been doing Jillian Michael's "Six Week Six Pack Abs" video (on Amazon Prime currently by the way) ALMOST everyday and already noticed a huge improvement in strength. Hubby says I look great ;) I think I will definitely be able to get myself out of bed post BAH heh heh

On a less positive note, I unfortunately have been a smoker for several years (stupid, I know) and that has definitely been the biggest struggle for me thus far. I truly feel for any of you who are going through the quitting stage. I am making a lot of changes in my life right now and I really hope this will be the push I needed to stop FOREVER!
I'm 4'9 100lbs and am just as flat as you are! :p I'll probably get mine around January. I had my nose done in March so I can tell you first hand that it may be a little nervewracking - you may think about chickening out but DON'T! You'll be glad you went through with it. And be sure to keep us posted. Best of luck :)
Thanks so much! Luckily I work in a hospital so I'm used to surgery, but you're right- when it's you, it's a different story! I plan to continue my review after surgery for sure. This site was really the turning point in my decision as the first-hand info from women was invaluable to me. Thanks again for the support and best wishes to you when it's your turn! :)
Gotta love mother nature, I got the tall, blonde & thin but no boobs hahaha at least she didn't decide to throw a mustache in there :-p

Typos...

I really wish you could edit a past entry. Seems to be a common gripe on here..*wink nudge realself*

Anyway, not sure why I typed 'BAH' (am I a sheep?) What I meant was BA (breast augmentation) :)
I am with Beverly Hills physicians as we'll, but with Dr. J in encino ! Good luck !!
Good luck! Dr. Kim is amazing!!
I started out about where you are. I got 339cc, Moderate plus, silicone implants, and love them!! I happy with my size but totally could have gone bigger. 400cc will look great on you!

3 DAYS

It's finally becoming real... here are my final "pre" photos. Boobtown here I come!
Omg... hours away! Hope your doing better than i am... im a nervous wreck!!! Good luck today!
How you holding up!? I'm at work and not sure whether to cry, maybe ask to go home so I can sleep the day away? Lol. I just don't know what to do with myself! Can't wait to see your pix!!
I know the feeling! Luckily my mom flew in to help me through, but my nerves are DEFINITELY starting to kick in right about now.....eeeek

Alive but barely

Somehow not bloated but very painful, more later
good luck with recovery. Can't wait to see your results. I am slim like you. lol.
Congratulations! The scariest part is over :)

Post op pics

What I've been able to get so far... riding high as expected :-p still trying to fend off the pain but I think the worst of it is over, first night was hell. Bandages off today and only saw them briefly before the sports bra went on, but what I saw, I loved! Ended up with 397/371ccs to balance my slight asymmetry, which is within the range I wanted. My skin was too taught for them to have gone any bigger. Can't wait until they drop a bit!
congrats on the surgery...keep us posted :)
Thanks I definitely will! ;)
Congrats on your ba!

Days 1-2 post op

So far so good..less painful today, but definitely will take a while for this bruised-all-over feeling to subside completely. The tape covering my incisions will come off at my next appointment on Wednesday, so I don't have any pictures of those yet. Today I was able to take a quick shower with my back facing the water (with some help of course :-p) and got a few pics of the high riding snoopy boobs hahaha
Congratulations! I can't wait to get mine done!!
Thanks, when's the big day??
Well I haven't actually had my consultation yet...it's in less than two weeks! But I've done a ton of research and I'm sure I'm going to get them.. I'm hoping to schedule surgery for October.. :)

Implant details/mini update

Looking at my implant cards, I ended up with Natrelle silicone style 15 (mod plus profile) 397/371ccs just in case anyone was wondering. Here's a current pic in one of the sports bras in my before pictures :) I think I see a difference...
Looks great so far! Just give it time for them to drop! Happy healing :)
Just give it a few days they'll look much better .. But honestly they already do :)

Day 3

Pain has subsided quite a bit, cut my pain meds in half and have stopped taking them every single time, mostly helpful before bed. Still taking it easy and watching TV in bed, etc, nothing too strenuous. Mom and fiancé have been a godsend and are allowing me to heal in peace :) started gentle massages today as well. Definitely had a case of the "morning boob" upon waking today but the massages seemed to help with that. Did a quick measure on myself out of curiosity and came up with 32DD!!! Wow! Haven't tried on any bras yet, though ;) we'll see!

IS THIS REALLY ME?!

I don't believe it....

Pictures

Subtle changes, if any. I'd recommend just taking a stool softener daily as soon as you get home, I didn't have any real uncomfortable bloating. Not having a bm for at least the first day after anesthesia is normal, but it doesn't have to be uncomfortable! I have an insane metabolism so I'm sure that helped too. Been doing my massages as instructed, I feel them getting slightly softer at the top. Not taking my pain meds at all anymore, just finishing the antibiotics. My wedge pillow was so uncomfortable I couldn't deal so I'm using two regular pillows propped up with a memory foam pillow on top to support my neck and have gotten used to it. Obsessed with my new boobs!!!

Cleavage!

Something I have never had before! Hope I am not disappointed once the swelling goes down ;)

As far as updates go, I don't have much to say! They are still super firm and I'm just taking it day by day.
Your cleavage looks amazing!!
Thanks lovely lady!!! I gotta say, I am very pleased ;) can't wait to get this tape off tomorrow...

Bare boobays

Finished massages and wanted to post some nudies :-p
Congrats!!!! Looking forward to seeing your results! I have 18 days!!!!
How exciting!! The days will fly by ;)

Just a few progress pics :)

Your lookin great!!
Wow they are so perfect...for that perfect body you have :)
You are too kind!! :)

9 days in

Getting squishier by the day but still have some tightness and minor pain at incision sites, but nothing major. I think its going to take a while for the whole 'drop and fluff' phenomenon as my skin needs to stretch quite a bit to accommodate the implants!
You look awesome!! Dr Kim rulesssss. :-)
Thank you!! I am so happy I chose him, couldn't agree with you more ;)
Your girls are looking lovely, and so amazingly symmetrical! Your PS clearly did a great job of choosing the proper numbers to even them out!

Quick photo update

I think they look even better in person, and are much softer now!
Wow they really are perfectly shaped...ALREADY!
I can't believe how symmetrical they turned out myself!
looks very goooood!!

Took a peek at incisions...

And the dropping process continues! I think the incisions are barely visible and so flat!! The dark blue line looking thing is just suture material I'm scheduled to have removed next week. Love them!!!
You look great hun, he did such a good job!!
Thanks :-D I am happy beyond words! What a strange feeling to essentially change overnight!
Thank you!!!

Sutures out

Had sutures removed, which was done by literally pulling them out like one long string, left felt fine but on the right I wanted to scream YEOOOOOW (luckily I was a good patient and didn't make a peep). Was cleared to wear underwire (no padding as it can create a weird shape) during the day but continue sleeping in sports bra on my back (ugh). Trying not to go crazy on the bra shopping as I know they're not done settling yet, so the one above is a $15 target bra 34D (not the best fit...they didn't have any 32 band sizes in stock!!) As you can see I have a few of those mondor's cords on my left side, ugly but not too painful, they should be self-resolving. Doc said I need to massage harder. Compared to what he did I DEFINITELY do, was just worried I would bust open an incision or something-lesson learned! He also gave me a different massage to add in which is essentially squishing my breasts on a flat surface, such as a countertop and rolling around with my body weight on them. Was instructed to take 1000mg vitamin E twice daily and given the go ahead to take my birth control again, as well as doing cardio exercise (no chest exercises). So far so good! I go back in a month for next checkup.
Omg your boobies are looking perfect, & amazing in that bra!!
We both have awesome results!!! I love your before and after :) I probably should have done more pics like that!
I love your result I wish mine looked like yours! I wanted the push up bra look that the HPs have & I don't have that look at all! ;( but I guess I'll be greatful I have boobies period! :D they are fun!

Finally broke down and went to VS!

Found 4 super comfortable bras, 3 of the same style in different colors (lightly lined) and one unlined. 32DD! Never thought I'd see the day :) squishiness is much improved with harder massages and mashing them on the countertops lol...
Looking perfect ;) glad the massages are working 4u...ha ha gotta visual of you mashing the girls on the counter countertops...hee hee too funny! Hey whatever works, right?! I'm so jealous you get to workout again :( I know, all in good time. Keep up the good work it's paying off ;) XXXX
Thank you!!! It's pretty hard to get back into an exercise routine after I've been lying around shoving my face for these past few weeks! I'm starting reeeaaalllyyyy slowly... As for the countertop massages, it is pretty ridiculous to see but it really does help make them softer! Guess it's kinda like how I've seen different surgeons recommend for ladies to lie on their stomachs. My fiance giggles whenever he catches me doing it :-p

Scar Away treatment

Prior to surgery, I bought some silicone scar away strips, and according to the packaging you can use 1-2 weeks after suture removal. Has anyone had success with these? My PS recommended these 'scar pellets' they sell at the office but I keep forgetting to buy them, and I already have these strips. What are your scar treatment experiences?
How are your girls looking?! It's been a month in a half since your surgery! Post some pics please!
Finally got it to post, check it out :)
Love love love your resaults!

Let's try this again...

I've been trying to update for the past 3 days from my phone, but each time I try to add a photo, the page refreshes! Trying from computer this time..Seems to work!

Anyway, not much to say since my last update, just trying to stay positive and keep track of any changes! They are definitely getting softer for real now, not quite 'jiggly' yet- I'd say more 'wiggly' hahaha.

It's not all roses, though! I do have a few places where I notice some rippling, mainly when bending over. This is something I was definitely concerned about going in for a BA, but now that it's happening, I'm not really bothered by it. Maybe once they completely drop it will go away, maybe not. It makes sense seeing as how I didn't have enough breast tissue to fully "cover" the implant in the first place. I can live with it. Since the implants are round, they move around in the pocket anyway and it can kinda be manipulated to make it go away if i try. My concerns now would be CC (capsular contracture) and symmastia (my implants are pretty close together, I hope they don't move closer!) I'm really not freaking out about EITHER of those things, just keeping my eyes peeled for any concerns.

I feel like I'm on the road to real boobs now that I can see some definite progress, which is nice :) I'm pain free, and the mondor's cords I had seem to have gone away. I've been using the silicone scar strips 24 hours a day for a couple weeks now, I notice some progress but it's hard to catch in a photo so I'll post my incision progress next update when hopefully it is more noticeable.

On a fun note, I'm heading to Vegas with some friends for Halloween weekend - I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO WEAR! I've never been able to pull off the skimpy costumes so this is a completely foreign thing for me....but I LIKE IT :-D

Hope you are all doing well and thank you so much for the compliments!

A little comparison

Day 2, Day 9, Day 15, and current pic :)
Please update new pictures, how softer have they gotten?
They are completely soft and very natural feeling at this point! :)
Ah your looking so good! Happy almost 2 months!!

Two months!

I had my two month follow up and all is well. I'm still massaging each day, but they are comply soft and jiggly now :)

Don't mind the bruise on my left breast, it's from some..uhh..activity hahaha

There us a small spot on my left incision as well that is probably a stitch abscess but isn't anything to worry about right now. I'm going to start focusing on my scars a little more now.

Dang it

Completely* soft, not comply :-p
They look great !
I appreciate it :-D

Not much to say! I'm happy with them :)

I'm feeling good, and feeling like I'm looking good! I think everything seems to be going in the right direction. I like how my clothes fit and most things just a little bit better now ;)
My next PS appointment isn't until the end of next month, so I'm continuing to massage each day as per my doctor's instructions. My scars definitely still need some work - I'm really pale so right now they are pink/purple bit based on other scars I have they will fade to white eventually. Small parts of my breast (inner cleavage area and underside of breast) have some loss of sensation still, but most of my breasts and both nipples have full feeling so I'm happy about that.

Anyone have any scar treatment recommendations for fair skin?
Looking beautiful :). So symmetrical and perfect! My PS gave me SkinMedica Scar Recovery gel.. I am too inconsistent with it to say whether it really works or not but I have heard good things about it. I used it between month one and two, and my scars don't look too bad!
Thank I'll have to check that out! I have been using silicone scar sheets somewhat irregularly, which have definitely helped to flatten the scars, but I'd like to see some more fading. Maybe I'm just impatient :-p
Thanks I'll have to check that out! I have been using silicone scar sheets somewhat irregularly, which have definitely helped to flatten the scars, but I'd like to see some more fading. Maybe I'm just impatient :-p

Dr. Kim does great work!

I am very pleased, and so is my fiancé :)
Thanks for sharing your story! I am going with the 371s most likely. Having pics to look at is so helpful with calming my fears of going too big! You look fantastic!
Looking really good honey! Glad yer loving them :) XXXX
I look so much like you in your before pics, so I've been following you to see your progress..I am BLOWN AWAY! You look sooo incredible!! I was thinking 339 CC's mod + but after seeing your results and amazing cleavage, I am reconsidering! I am so excited to see Dr. Kim...I am waiting until Jan. When I have more $ saved up, but I am so curious to know if he'll approve your size for me. Also, would you mind sharing what your BWD is, if you know it? I think I'm around 12 but that's by my own measurements & that could be way off. I'm petite though. I've had 3 kids & nursed them all so I'm hoping I can get away with the bigger size! Thanks so much in advance!! : )
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon