Tuberous Breast Correction With Augmentation - Beverly Hills, CA

I am very excited to start this review! Although...

I am very excited to start this review! Although it is very early and I have to wait four months until the actual surgery date, I look forward to sharing my experience in the hopes that it might be helpful to others who are considering this procedure. I am 25 years old, and my breasts have been a constant source of anxiety and embarrassment for me. I have always felt that if they looked normal, my self-confidence would be greatly improved. I do have what is called tuberous breast deformity, and my particular breast width is quite narrow, only allowing an implant that is about 10 centimeters across to fit me, meaning that I will probably end up with about 175-200cc implants. The doctor will measure and try different sizes during the time of surgery to see what fits best. I have decided to go with moderate plus profile cohesive silicone gel. My breasts will remain quite small but natural and proportional to my body. I am 5'6'' and weigh about 125. I am looking forward to my journey and would appreciate feedback from anyone who has gone through this procedure! :)

Nerves starting to flare up!

Ok, so I have decided to update given that my Surgery date is now only about 2 months away, and I am freaking out! I am so worried that 175cc's is too small and that I will be disappointed with the result if I decide to go with them. My pre-oo appointment is one week before the surgery so I am thinking that I will bring up my concerns to the Dr. at that time and hopefully we can discuss my options. The uncertainty is killing me though! I wish I knew and felt confident with my decision regarding size but it's so up in the air right now! All these what ifs about them being too small afterwards are so worrying. I just do not want to feel like I went through all of the pain for nothing!

Still questioning size, 48 days to go!

I decided to post a pic of me wearing the sizing bra with the 175 cc implant in it to see if anyone has opinions about the size. I am still concerned that the 175 cc implant will be too small and I will ultimately be disappointed. I still plan to bring the subject up in my pre-op appointment on Nov. 25. Who knows, though, maybe it could end up being just right. I think I would like to go somewhere around 225 ccs just to be safe. I don't know whether or not this is possible, however, due to the length of my breast which the Dr. measured at being around 10-11 cm. We shall see!

Better Picture

I thought maybe the crop on this picture would be better.

Pre-op appointment/excitement!

Soooo my pre-op appointment is the day after tomorrow and I am so excited to finalize everything. I know I will feel so much better about the procedure after having talked to the Dr. again (I haven't seen him since August!) and choosing the size once and for all. I've come up with a list of questions to ask at my pre-op, so I thought I'd share it here. It's not super comprehensive because my doctor is awesome and e-mailed me a lot of information this weekend along with my informed consent documents. Anyway, here are the questions I still have at this point:
-When/how often will I have follow up appointments after surgery?
-Any brand recommendations for surgical bra?
-Best scar treatment/Does vitamin E work?
-Should I ice/how often?
-Pillow/sleeping recommendations
-What if I have my period on surgery day?
-Where will the surgery itself be? How long will it take?
-Is there a recovery room?
-Will I need to change my dressings/if so what to buy
-Massaging?
-How limited will my movement be/when can I lift my arms?
-When will I be able to shower?
-Do I need to buy antibacterial body wash?
-Is there an after hours contact for night after surgery?
-What abnormal symptoms should I look for
-Will I have stitches/for how long?

Those are pretty much the only questions I could think of that I was still unsure of. The doctor's pre-op and post-op instructions seem pretty clear and I plan to follow them to the T in order to ensure that I get the best result possible! I will update again after my pre-op with all the info! :)

Pre-op: check.

I had my pre-op appointment today and I have to say that I feel a lot better about everything. It really helped remind me how unique my situation is and helped me to accept that I most likely will never have huge boobs. Because I am so narrow I really can't accommodate anything over 175ccs without potential complications, so I feel confident in my decision to stick with it. The doctor made a good point that I could potentially go bigger after a few years once I am more stretched out from these/if I ever have kids. So that's somewhat comforting. I think I temporarily lost sight of the fact that I am doing this more for the reconstructive aspect of the procedure than for the augmentation aspect. That part is really just an add on to the reshaping of my breast, which is my priority. Boob greed hit early, ladies! But it's kind of nice not having the option of going bigger, because I won't have anything to regret lol. I'm really going as big as I possibly can due to the limitations of my frame, and I know that I will ultimately be happy because I'll have beautiful boobs, although they won't be huge. My doctor has banned me from doing any more online research from this point on so I don't psych myself out before the surgery, so I'm letting it all go. I'm just going to focus on the holiday this week and my finals the week after, and by that time it'll be time for the surgery. I'm slightly worried because my procedure has a 25% risk of capsular contracture, while a normal BA has only 6 or 7 percent. Im crossing my fingers that that doesn't happen, but apparently there is a medicine they can prescribe if it's detected early. So that's good. Otherwise, I'm just staying positive that everything will go well and now all that's left to do is wait! I'll be posting before/afters after the surgery, so stay tuned.

Surgery is in one week and I'm freaking out a little bit over here

Needless to say, I am a bit nervous about next week! Over the last few days I have definitely been questioning whether or not I am making the right decision by doing this. Any and all outcomes of the surgery have run through my head at least a few times, and I'm so scared of something going wrong and ending up with breasts that I dislike even more than I do now. Because of the complicated nature of my procedure I am probably five times more nervous than I would be if I were just having a regular BA. It would be so helpful to hear from someone who had tuberous breast reconstruction but I know we are definitely the minority here. At this point I am really only second guessing myself and whether or not I did everything correctly in my research, whether I should have gone to more consults, whether I made a decision too quickly because it was something I really wanted. I am trying to visualize myself with beautiful breasts at the end of this but I feel as though it is going to be SUCH a difficult job to get them to look good. Not to mention capsular contracture and bottoming out worries. Where are all my tubie boobie ladies?? I need your guidance! lol

Before Pics

I guess it's about time I posted my before pics on here since my surgery is so close! Sigh. My sad tubey boobies.

Befores in a bra

I figured I'd want to have before pictures in a couple of bras to compare with how they look afterwards, so I'm posting them :)

It's getting real!

There are really only 3 days left until my surgery day! I can't believe how quickly time has flown by. I finished finals this week so that has kept me pretty busy. I started my Arnica tablets that my Dr. prescribed this morning, and I'll be taking 5 under the tongue 3 times a day until the morning of surgery and then continuing them afterwards. They have a sweet taste to them. I reaaally hope it helps lol. Tonight I'm having a night out with my boyfriend to celebrate finishing the semester at school and to pretty much go out for the last time in a while as I'll be recovering for a couple of weeks. We are going to dinner and then seeing one of our favorite comedians so that should be fun :) Then tomorrow I am going to spend the entire day cleaning the house because on Sunday we are leaving and checking into the hotel near the Dr.'s office. Surgery is bright and early at 8am on Monday, I have to be there at 7 and I'm sure I won't get any sleep lol. The more I think about it the more excited I get. Found this meme and thought it described my emotions pretty accurately :-)

Boobie day!

Well I did it. It's hard to describe all the emotions I experienced this morning but let's just say I was kind of a mess lol. I cried in the surgery center waiting room, I guess just because of nerves, but the surgeon's assistant was really so sweet and reassuring. She gave me a hug and it made me feel a lot better. Honestly it gave me a lot of strength to go through with it lol. The whole experience was really great because my Dr. and his team were so wonderful. He held my hand as I was being put to sleep and I really needed that. I did wake up in a lot of pain, not only in my chest but in my upper back too like between my shoulder blades. They had me under warm blankets which was nice. My boyfriend picked me up after I spent a little time in the recovery room and I ate some crackers when we got back to the hotel. Taking my pain meds really helped with the pain a lot so at least it's tolerable now. The only thing is that I feel like I have to pee really badly but I can't. Every time I try nothing comes out. Has this happened to anyone else? If so id appreciate hearing what you did. My breasts look big through my sweatshirt but I haven't unzipped it yet to assess the situation lol. I'm kind of scared so I might just leave them alone til my post-op tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who wrote to me today :) I appreciate your positive thoughts!

Day 2 post-op

I just got home a bit ago and have begun to ice around my boobies. The sides of them are really sore. I'm starting to experience some sharp pains but they're not too bad. The Norcos have really made the pain more tolerable. I just feel stiff and sore and my range of motion is a bit limited. I am pretty surprised at how well I am doing in terms of being mobile and doing most things on my own. I definitely needed help getting dressed this morning though, so I can't say that everything is super easy lol. I got to see them at my post-op appointment this morning and I have to say that I am very happy with the way they look and the size so far. I have to go back on Friday to get my sutures out. The Dr. gave me the ok to shower as soon as today, but I think I'll wait until I have more arm movement. I am posting some pics that I took at my post-op this morning. I'll post some without the bra once I feel comfortable taking it off

Day 3 Improvements

This morning I woke up with significantly less pain than I've had the past couple of days which is nice. I'm able to move myself from 2 norcos every four hours to 1 instead. Also, the stool softener did its job today lol. I am icing as much as possible because my sides are super swollen. I opened the bra momentarily to check how things are looking, I didn't remove the gauze pads because I was scared the incisions would start bleeding. So I snapped some pics, I know they're not the best, but it's something anyway. Once I get up the guts to shower I'll post more. But things seem to be coming along pretty well, I can feel a little heat around my incisions which I think is normal? Hopefully. Oh, and I've been clenching my teeth in my sleep, maybe because of the medications? Not sure but it's not fun, my front teeth feel sore today. So that's pretty much where I'm at right now. Hope all you ladies are doing well with your recoveries too!

Gotta get off these pain meds!!!

Ok, I really cannot take these @#&^$ norcos anymore! They make me clench my teeth in my sleep sooo badly. Waking up every 4 hours with painful teeth is not fun. I even tried to shove some blanket in-between my teeth last night (who does that?) to try to prevent it, but I just kept waking up chewing on blanket with sore teeth. I even tried taking some valium too to make me relax, but that didn't work either. So today I'm going to try moving myself from the norco to the prescription strength tylenol and see how that goes. I'm also going to try to shower today so I'll update later with pics if all goes well.

Feeling a bazillion times better after a shower!

Ok so taking a shower was the best ever. I was even able to wash my hair. So happy. I snapped a few pics afterwards, and I'm super happy with how they look so far! Also, I didn't realize how bloated I am! I look like I'm 3 months pregnant!! Good lord lol. Hopefully that will go away soon.

Got my stitches out today..

I had my appointment to get my stitches out this morning and everything went great. The doctor seemed pretty pleased with my result so far and I have to say that I'm one happy lady too :) Getting the stitches out wasn't bad at all, not sure if he rubbed something that numbed them before taking them out? I thought he just cleaned them with peroxide but it didn't hurt at all to get them out so I presume maybe it was a numbing liquid. Afterwards he just put on some new steri-strips and sent me on my way. I'm going back in 2 weeks to get the scar treatment he prescribes and he is going to show me how to massage. Unfortunately I still have to wear the ever so annoying strap of doom for at least another week :( but I understand why it's Important and i'm going to wear it even if it kills me lol. So overall a successful appointment, and had a nice breakfast afterwards with my boyfriend. I notice that my bloating has gone down significantly today which is nice. Also my swelling on my sides has lessened too. it's still a little sore there so I'm still icing regularly. Going to try to sleep a bit more flat tonight so we'll see how that goes. Hope everyone else is doing well! xx

A bit of pain

Has anyone else experienced some side pain at any point? I have some pain that's pretty consistent on my upper sides like from my armpits to my ribcage. I'm thinking that maybe now that I'm off my pain meds it's just more noticeable, but I'm still icing anyway because it hurts!

All strapped in

Thought I'd post an updated pic from today, Overall happy with the shape they are taking so far. Wearing my strap faithfully for the best result possible. I slept on my back last night for the first time since having the surgery so that was nice! Also slept on my right side for about an hour this morning which was so nice since my preferred sleeping position is my side/stomach. Hoping that things continue to go well!

First spasm?

I think I just had a muscle spasm for the first time, it was pretty painful! I was reclining and icing my left side and had a shooting pain just below my armpit near my side boob. I let out a yelp because it really was quite painful! But passed within probably 30 seconds. I hope this is normal, I haven't had my surgical bra on for a couple hours because I am doing laundry so I just have a regular sports bra on. Ahh, I hope I didn't mess anything up!!

Day six pics!

I feel like every day they are taking shape and becoming better and better. Today bruising was very obvious to me but really just yellowish and not a big deal. Also noticing that I may be getting stretch marks? Or could just be marks from the bra. Anyway, They're doing well!

Procedure Info/Implant Warranty/One Week Boobiversary

So it just dawned on me that I didn't really go into much detail about what my procedure really entailed. For all my tuberous ladies who may stumble upon this, I just want to make it clear what I had done to correct the tubie boobie. My procedure was essentially a reconstruction. The doctor, entering through a periareolar (around the nipple) incision, had to score my breast tissue like the spokes of a bicycle wheel to allow it to expand and sit nicely on the implant and performed an internal periareolar lift at the same time. He also created deeper pockets below the breast fold or crease so that the implants could sit better. I am wearing the strap faithfully to ensure that the implants are pushed down into the space he created for them and stay there.

I also registered my implants on Mentor's website today and signed up for their enhanced warranty for memory gel implants that were done after October 6, 2014. It cost $200 as opposed to their free warranty but I think it was worth it because it covers financial assistance with several potential issues related to capsular contracture, seroma, and rupture that the free warranty does not. Hopefully I won't need to use it though :)

Today is my one week boobiversary and I have to say that I am so happy with my results so far and I am feeling better every day. I finished my antibiotics today and I notice that my energy levels are pretty much back to normal now. No more impromptu naps wherever and whenever they may strike lol. The pain is minimal now although clearly I'm nowhere near being able to do normal things like lift, push and pull with full force yet. When I look at my before pictures, I can hardly believe that those were my breasts. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner, saving myself a lot of emotional pain. I am looking forward to a new chapter in my life and newfound self-esteem after my healing process is complete.

Also, can I just say how wonderful this website has been as a resource for me going through this process! I really appreciate how supportive everyone is and I plan to update faithfully in hopes of helping someone else who is thinking of undergoing a procedure like mine.

10 Days Post

I can't believe it's been 10 days, it feels like a freaking eternity lol. I'm ready to be healed now! Well, overall I'm still feeling pretty good about everything but I feel like I'm regressing a bit in my recovery. Whereas most of my pain was gone earlier in the week I find that my right side boob is back to being quite tender. So not sure what that's about. My right one also seems significantly smaller than the left, which I'm not super excited about, but my left has always been the bigger one. so. sigh. No nipple sensation still, but that's to be expected. I hope they even out a little bit though. Tired of wearing the strap, so hopefully will be able to stop on Monday at the 2 week point. Bending over kinda sucks, anyone else? lol Meh. I guess I'm probably just getting a bit of the boobie blues that everyone talks about. Anyway I took some pics and will update at 2 weeks.

Sayonara Strap!

Just got the OK to take the strap off! YAY!! Good riddance, strap. On another note, I was looking online for extra front close bras online and found some from Fruit of the Loom that look (almost) exactly like the one my PS put on me after surgery. I saw that Walmart carries them so I went there last night and got 2 so I'll have a few to change out since I have to wear it day and night for 6 weeks. They only cost $8 each and are actually pretty comfy. I'm posting a pic in case anyone else is looking for something similar. They had them in other colors but I just got black because I feel like it's easier to blend in with regular outfits.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I went to several doctors to get consultations, but my experience with Dr. Firouz was unlike any of the others. He spent by far the most time with me, listening to what I envisioned for myself and showing me many images to ensure that he understood what I was looking for. He was extremely personable and made me feel comfortable from the moment I arrived. He took his time explaining what the procedure would entail and made sure to answer all my questions. I am very excited to move forward with him and would recommend him to any of my closest friends or family.