Tuberous Breast Correction With Augmentation - Beverly Hills, CA

I am very excited to start this review! Although...

I am very excited to start this review! Although it is very early and I have to wait four months until the actual surgery date, I look forward to sharing my experience in the hopes that it might be helpful to others who are considering this procedure. I am 25 years old, and my breasts have been a constant source of anxiety and embarrassment for me. I have always felt that if they looked normal, my self-confidence would be greatly improved. I do have what is called tuberous breast deformity, and my particular breast width is quite narrow, only allowing an implant that is about 10 centimeters across to fit me, meaning that I will probably end up with about 175-200cc implants. The doctor will measure and try different sizes during the time of surgery to see what fits best. I have decided to go with moderate plus profile cohesive silicone gel. My breasts will remain quite small but natural and proportional to my body. I am 5'6'' and weigh about 125. I am looking forward to my journey and would appreciate feedback from anyone who has gone through this procedure! :)

Nerves starting to flare up!

Ok, so I have decided to update given that my Surgery date is now only about 2 months away, and I am freaking out! I am so worried that 175cc's is too small and that I will be disappointed with the result if I decide to go with them. My pre-oo appointment is one week before the surgery so I am thinking that I will bring up my concerns to the Dr. at that time and hopefully we can discuss my options. The uncertainty is killing me though! I wish I knew and felt confident with my decision regarding size but it's so up in the air right now! All these what ifs about them being too small afterwards are so worrying. I just do not want to feel like I went through all of the pain for nothing!

Still questioning size, 48 days to go!

I decided to post a pic of me wearing the sizing bra with the 175 cc implant in it to see if anyone has opinions about the size. I am still concerned that the 175 cc implant will be too small and I will ultimately be disappointed. I still plan to bring the subject up in my pre-op appointment on Nov. 25. Who knows, though, maybe it could end up being just right. I think I would like to go somewhere around 225 ccs just to be safe. I don't know whether or not this is possible, however, due to the length of my breast which the Dr. measured at being around 10-11 cm. We shall see!

Better Picture

I thought maybe the crop on this picture would be better.

Pre-op appointment/excitement!

Soooo my pre-op appointment is the day after tomorrow and I am so excited to finalize everything. I know I will feel so much better about the procedure after having talked to the Dr. again (I haven't seen him since August!) and choosing the size once and for all. I've come up with a list of questions to ask at my pre-op, so I thought I'd share it here. It's not super comprehensive because my doctor is awesome and e-mailed me a lot of information this weekend along with my informed consent documents. Anyway, here are the questions I still have at this point:
-When/how often will I have follow up appointments after surgery?
-Any brand recommendations for surgical bra?
-Best scar treatment/Does vitamin E work?
-Should I ice/how often?
-Pillow/sleeping recommendations
-What if I have my period on surgery day?
-Where will the surgery itself be? How long will it take?
-Is there a recovery room?
-Will I need to change my dressings/if so what to buy
-Massaging?
-How limited will my movement be/when can I lift my arms?
-When will I be able to shower?
-Do I need to buy antibacterial body wash?
-Is there an after hours contact for night after surgery?
-What abnormal symptoms should I look for
-Will I have stitches/for how long?

Those are pretty much the only questions I could think of that I was still unsure of. The doctor's pre-op and post-op instructions seem pretty clear and I plan to follow them to the T in order to ensure that I get the best result possible! I will update again after my pre-op with all the info! :)

Pre-op: check.

I had my pre-op appointment today and I have to say that I feel a lot better about everything. It really helped remind me how unique my situation is and helped me to accept that I most likely will never have huge boobs. Because I am so narrow I really can't accommodate anything over 175ccs without potential complications, so I feel confident in my decision to stick with it. The doctor made a good point that I could potentially go bigger after a few years once I am more stretched out from these/if I ever have kids. So that's somewhat comforting. I think I temporarily lost sight of the fact that I am doing this more for the reconstructive aspect of the procedure than for the augmentation aspect. That part is really just an add on to the reshaping of my breast, which is my priority. Boob greed hit early, ladies! But it's kind of nice not having the option of going bigger, because I won't have anything to regret lol. I'm really going as big as I possibly can due to the limitations of my frame, and I know that I will ultimately be happy because I'll have beautiful boobs, although they won't be huge. My doctor has banned me from doing any more online research from this point on so I don't psych myself out before the surgery, so I'm letting it all go. I'm just going to focus on the holiday this week and my finals the week after, and by that time it'll be time for the surgery. I'm slightly worried because my procedure has a 25% risk of capsular contracture, while a normal BA has only 6 or 7 percent. Im crossing my fingers that that doesn't happen, but apparently there is a medicine they can prescribe if it's detected early. So that's good. Otherwise, I'm just staying positive that everything will go well and now all that's left to do is wait! I'll be posting before/afters after the surgery, so stay tuned.
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I went to several doctors to get consultations, but my experience with Dr. Firouz was unlike any of the others. He spent by far the most time with me, listening to what I envisioned for myself and showing me many images to ensure that he understood what I was looking for. He was extremely personable and made me feel comfortable from the moment I arrived. He took his time explaining what the procedure would entail and made sure to answer all my questions. I am very excited to move forward with him and would recommend him to any of my closest friends or family.