Tuberous Breast Correction With Augmentation - Beverly Hills, CA

I am very excited to start this review! Although...

I am very excited to start this review! Although it is very early and I have to wait four months until the actual surgery date, I look forward to sharing my experience in the hopes that it might be helpful to others who are considering this procedure. I am 25 years old, and my breasts have been a constant source of anxiety and embarrassment for me. I have always felt that if they looked normal, my self-confidence would be greatly improved. I do have what is called tuberous breast deformity, and my particular breast width is quite narrow, only allowing an implant that is about 10 centimeters across to fit me, meaning that I will probably end up with about 175-200cc implants. The doctor will measure and try different sizes during the time of surgery to see what fits best. I have decided to go with moderate plus profile cohesive silicone gel. My breasts will remain quite small but natural and proportional to my body. I am 5'6'' and weigh about 125. I am looking forward to my journey and would appreciate feedback from anyone who has gone through this procedure! :)
hmmmm...so after reading this I wonder if your dr could do hp with more cc's? Not that you necessarily want more because maybe you don't but I don't know how all that works for sure!! I can't wait to hear how it goes!! Are you going to do any pictures?
Hey Sierra! So yes, one of my options was hp with somewhere around 225 ccs I believe, but I was worried these would look too 'fake', so the 175s he reccommended were the moderate plus profile. Maybe I should just go with the highs?
Also yes, I am going to do pics! I was thinking of posting my befores on the 8th, as that will make 2 months until my surgery date

Nerves starting to flare up!

Ok, so I have decided to update given that my Surgery date is now only about 2 months away, and I am freaking out! I am so worried that 175cc's is too small and that I will be disappointed with the result if I decide to go with them. My pre-oo appointment is one week before the surgery so I am thinking that I will bring up my concerns to the Dr. at that time and hopefully we can discuss my options. The uncertainty is killing me though! I wish I knew and felt confident with my decision regarding size but it's so up in the air right now! All these what ifs about them being too small afterwards are so worrying. I just do not want to feel like I went through all of the pain for nothing!

Still questioning size, 48 days to go!

I decided to post a pic of me wearing the sizing bra with the 175 cc implant in it to see if anyone has opinions about the size. I am still concerned that the 175 cc implant will be too small and I will ultimately be disappointed. I still plan to bring the subject up in my pre-op appointment on Nov. 25. Who knows, though, maybe it could end up being just right. I think I would like to go somewhere around 225 ccs just to be safe. I don't know whether or not this is possible, however, due to the length of my breast which the Dr. measured at being around 10-11 cm. We shall see!

Better Picture

I thought maybe the crop on this picture would be better.
What will your procedure entail? Did he discuss doing a "circumareolar" breast lift, or any lift for that matter? I'm trying to figure out what I should do. I have been to two consultations the first doctor told me I had a mild case of tuberous breast and I needed a lift. The second doctor told me that my measurements were not indicative of tuberous breast and that just a simple breast implant would help the shape of my breast. So, I'm not sure who to trust. I'm currently on the hunt for a third opinion.
Hi Ebunny! Hopefully sharing my experience will help you. The first consultation I had was with a regular plastic surgeon who did good work. He told me that I would need a 'lolipop' lift which would leave me with vertical scars. I took it in stride, although I REALLY did not want that, and went to my next consult which was with a PS who had a special page on his website dedicate to correcting tuberous breasts. He explained to me that the procedure would involve incisions around the nipple through which he would go in and release the constricted tissue that causes the tuberous shape, and reshape the breast tissue, then adding the implant after. My third consult (and the doctor I ended up choosing) also had a page dedicated to tuberous breast correction. I told him about the first surgeon reccommending a lift and he told me that this will NOT fix the problem of the tuberousness and would in fact leave me disfigured because it would involve removing a triangular peice of breast skin. Once this piece is removed and the two sides are sewn together, there is no going back. You've lost a piece of your breast and for those of us with tuberous breasts who have such minimal diameter to begin with, it would be devastating. I would highly recommend that you get several opinions, especially from doctors you find who have had extensive experience with tuberous breasts. Please do not get a lift until you find out about whether or not your problem can be corrected through a circumareolar incision (which heals quite nicely I might add and gives you the option to reduce the size of your areolas) and a release and reshaping of your tissue followed by an implant. And please let me know what you find out and how everything turns out!! Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions or wanna talk!
P.s. I see that you are in upland which is ony like a half hour away from me! Haha. So if you are open to seeing doctors in LA I can link you to the websites of the two doctors I saw as well as a few others I found who seem to have experience with tuberous breasts :)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

I went to several doctors to get consultations, but my experience with Dr. Firouz was unlike any of the others. He spent by far the most time with me, listening to what I envisioned for myself and showing me many images to ensure that he understood what I was looking for. He was extremely personable and made me feel comfortable from the moment I arrived. He took his time explaining what the procedure would entail and made sure to answer all my questions. I am very excited to move forward with him and would recommend him to any of my closest friends or family.