After reading and seeing so many pictures, I...

After reading and seeing so many pictures, I decided to join and maybe help anyone else that may be thinking about going through this. I have second thoughts on whether or not it's a good idea to do both procedures together and after a lot of consideration, I've decided to go for it... I met with Dr. Bruno and wasn't really impressed but all the wonderful reviews and before and after pictures have made a believer so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I've changed doctors 4 times already and I'm now 4 days away so there is no changing my mind now. I hope all the reviews I read about him were real....

Thanks everyone! I'm excited and sacred... Less than 24 hours to go. I took the day off today to buy all my essentials and prepare. I'm thinking I'll take a loooooong bath to make up for the uncomfortable showers to come :)
Good luck, Ive been under his knife..lol
Thank you... I saw your review :( I'm still debating on the bbl and might cancel last minute and only do tummy tuck. Good luck with your new doctor I hope it works out.

3 hours left before surgery...

Okay this is really happening. It's hard to believe that after 5 years of thinking, the moment is finally here. I'm definitely nervous and hope that I don't regret this later and that everything turns out okay. I'm bothered because I had asked to have my surgery first thing in the morning and a day before surgery (yesterday) they call me to tell me I'm going second... He's performing a long 5 hour procedure before me and I really didn't want that. I wanted him to be fresh and rested. Well so much for that, and now I'm just really at his mercy so hopefully he's not too tired and does a good job. I'm posting the last pre-op pictures so I can compare later. God willing it'll all turn out ok...

oh Wow! And i just responded to your pm .. can't wait I see you back!
Good luck from a fellow Bruno patient! U will look great :)

3 hours post up

Hi guys! Ok it's done and boy oh boy waking up feels awful. But now that it's been a few hours, I'm feeling much better. It's so hard to change positions from side to side without using your abdominal muscles. I can't wait for my doctor to call so I can ask him if that's ok. I'm afraid of ruining my surgery. So far, I haven't seen anything bc I'm wearing garments. My inner thigh was lipo-d and i can barely stand bc it hurts so much. Trying to find a good position is almost impossible... I'll post pictures as soon as I see what's under all this. Can't wait!

Congratulations!! Post pics please! =) I am shopping for a BBL doctor.
I will as soon as I can take these garments off. So far, I love my doctor! But I'm anxious to see if I'll love my results :)

12 hours post op

So far, so good... It's been almost 12 hours post surgery and the nurses here at the recovery center, say I'm doing really good bc I'm able to stand up and walk on my own. I'm not in pain, just very sore. I wonder if it'll get painful later? Hmmm well for now I'm not drinking pain med unless I need it later. My doctor said he would come check on me tomorrow so I'm anxious to see what he says. Hopefully I'm able to take off my garment and see what I look like. Other than that, I feel like I got an adrenaline rush bc I'm feeling super energetic and not sleepy at all. I've never taken sleeping pills but right now I wish I could... Oh and I'm walking hunched over :)

I'm glad everything is going well for you. Congratulations and can't wait to see pics take care

1 day post op

I must have been high from the anesthesia yesterday or something because today is definitely hurting :( it's very uncomfortable to get in and out of bed and let alone sleep. My stomach feels like its on fire! Dr. Bruno said he would come see me today so I'll ask him to take the garments off so I can see what things look like. I asked him not to put more than 200cc per side so I'm not ex

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

First post op pic of tt

Dr. Bruno stopped by and checked on my incision. Says everything looks great and I was able to take a picture of it. I think I'm gonna love my new belly :) still no pics of bbl but I don't expect any dramatic changes since he barely putt 200 cc... I was very clear that I didn't want more than that.

I have been thinking of you. You look great!! I wish you a speedy recovery. Can't wait to see more pics. Your stomach looks amazing!!!
Thanks so much, you were one of my inspirations bc he did such an amazing job on your stomach. I wish I hadn't gotten lipo bc I find that to be the most painful. The TT incision itself doesn't hurt but it does burn when I'm on my sides. I'm supposed to shower today but I'm scared to do so because I don't want to wet my belly button and my tube incisions. I'm fraud they'll get infected. How are you doing? Are you able to walk up straight? Do you have any other pictures of how your cut is healing?
Thanks your so sweet. I was afraid to get mine wet too. I sponged bathed and had hubby wash my hair in the sn day 3. And finally had the the guts to take a shower on day 4. I am almost walking completely straight. My tape still hasn't come off completely I am slowly peeling it off like Dr. Bruno said I could but I will post some pics.

2 days post op

Ok today has not been so good to me. It's increasingly difficult to find a comfortable position to sleep in. I'm wishing I had only done TT and nothing else but there's only forward fom this point on so dealing with it the best I can. I'm supposed to shower tonight so I'll take pictures...

I am sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. But you can do it the days will pass and the pain will get better each day. You already look great can't wait to see the sexy booty :-)!! You got this girly you.
Are you able to sleep on your sides? I feel like my abs and incision are tearing when I go on my sides or maybe I'm just being paranoid?
I am able to.sleep on my sides now but wasn't able to at the beginning it hurt so bad. I know exactly what you mean. Have you asked Dr.Bruno if it's ok?

Shower!!

It felt great to shower... I love my tummy but no crazy about the bbl or lipo... Then again, I didn't want anything dramatic. Maybe the shape will improve with time.

Wow!! You look great!! I definetly know that the tt made me swell all around my lower half so even though i didnt have any lipo or bbl i have no shape to my butt right niw. I know that it will improve with time. I am sure as soon as swelling starts to go down everything is going to look great.
Hi gc... I'm very happy with my new tummy and I wish I could take a better look but it's impossible with all these garments and I'm too scared to take them off. Do you know if the doctor needs to remove stitches or just the drains? I remember when I had my csection they had to remove staples :/
He only removed the drains I still have my tape on. At my 1 week appt. He said I could start to peeltape off wish I would have left it alone now I am super itchy!! He said he uses dissolving stitches so that the scaring will be minimal. Hope that helps.

6 days PO

I'm still in pain and sore from the lipo. No changes to my TT just very swollen... Biggest lesson for the day is do not walk around without your compression garments. I did and got extra swollen and lightheaded.

I Hope everything goes great for youat todays appointment keep me updated:)
Wow!! You look so good. I think I am more swollen than you. Your body is healing really well. Your tt, and VB look great. I can tell a difference in your BBL you are healing very nicely I am so excited for you:)
Oops bb not vb.

7 days PO - drains out

What a long day! Sunset traffic is the worst!

My follow up went great.. The doctor said I was doing good and to go again next week to have the embrace tape applied. He kept the tape on my incision and told me to slowly take it off when I'm in the shower... He also took out the drains....

Oh the drains! The right one came out super smooth and felt like he was pulling a worm out.. Nothing too painful just kinda weird. Then the left one... OMG! I am convinced something went wrong there. He literally had to yank it out! It was stuck on something and it felt like a piece of my stomach detached along with it. I screamed so loud, I couldn't believe the pain. My stomach was throbbing for a while after. Funny thing is that left drain is the one that never had much more than 5cc... Anyhow glad that is over and now I just have to put neosporin and wait for the two little vampire holes to close on their own.

Ps. I sneezed for the first time after having this tummy tuck today...it was worse than having my left drain pulled out! Well not really but pretty close. Ouch!!!

You look amazing
Happy heeling girl u look good

First shower with no drains! 9 days PO

I woke up feeling great, made breakfast, and took my first shower with no drains!!! Yey! It was liberating but now I'm back in bed... So tired and dizzy. I'm not wearing my garments because they're getting washed and dried and I miss them. Overall I'm really loving my new body even with the ugly scar...I'm also seeing the bbl results. Very minimal so i don't think anyone will notice but that's ok with me, I love the subtle change. I'm so glad dr. B listened and did exactly what I asked for. Also, I know this might be tmi but I also feel like I got a lift on my pubic region, lol

Wow you are looking amazing!! And you didn't mess the BBL up at all your a tough girl I don't think I could of handled the pain like you. But it was all worth it amazing results!!
Thanks girlie! I'm so relieved that so far everything is looking normal. You're looking amazing yourself and we owe it all to having chosen the right doctor. I'm excited to see how the final result will look like. I'm terrified of taking my tape off :(
Wow amazing :) happy for you :) So how do u sleep on your side ?

Tape is off :(

The tape is off and I'm really depressed. I couldn't help crying when I saw it. I have the ugliest scar and I think I have a dog ear on my right side. I don't want my husband to see me crying and I don't want him to see the scar either. Right now I'm really wishing I hadn't done this :(

Oh hon don't be so sad you look great :) cheer up ... My friend had that scar too but after 4 weeks she started to use silicone sheet and work wonders :) My surgery will be on dec 19 but I don't know because I sending money to my family in the Philippines who's affected with the Yolanda thypoon :( so now my money are not enough for the surgery :(
Oh no, I'm so sorry! You can apply to finance it through care credit? I hope your family is ok
Don't be sad you look great that scar is very thin and with time it will fade away. Plus, I'm sure with creams the healing of the scar will get lighter. Look your body looks great, we have to out-weight the bad with the good. you can cover the scar, do not worry & do not be sad. Thank you, for your post they have helped me relieve the fears I've had and at times I have thought of not going through with procedure in March but I see your results and I'm like HELL YEAH I'M DOING IT. In my situation, it's all about mentally preparing myself and knowing what I'm getting into. I very well aware I will have a scar but knowing that the bulge in my mid-section will be gone. Which is something I have been trying to get rid of for years. I will deal with the scar. Girl just know that will be okay do not gets discourage you've come to far to let a little scar ruin the joy of getting rid of the unwanted skin for good. :)

Feeling better

Thank you kafirs for being so supportive! I'm feeling better. I went to see Dr. Bruno today and I'm convinced he's the best! He said the scar looked beautiful! Lol... I guess only a surgeon can see the beauty in this ugly thing but he was very reassuring that it's looking great and that it should heal nicely. I started the silicone strips today and I'm going to do my part to help it heal nicely... Thanks again ladies :)

Wow your scar does look great!! I hope mine looks as foid as yours. I am so glad we chose dr.bruno he really is the best. I am so happy for you.
Thanks hun!!! The tape is working out great but it's expensive and it takes 3 strips to fully cover the whole scar. I'm definitely noticing the bbl now, I'll post a side picture. Happy thanksgiving!!!
Hey u look great! I think your scar looks actually very thin, looks like it will heal nicely! Where did u buy the silicone tape? Because Dr.Bruno removed a lipoma on my back and the scar is pretty big. Again, u look great! Cheer up Hun:)

2 weeks

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks! My scar looks the same from last time and my fear of new stretchmarks came true :( I have a new one super red on my lower belly. At this point I'm done worrying about it and will continue to try to eat well. My bbl is kinda cute ;)

So how are you doing? How is the healing coming along, now that you have entered your third week?
Honestly not much change... Only difference is I'm super itchy now... I'll post pictures next week once I'm 1 month postop
You look fabulous.! Dr. Bruno did a great job:)

3 weeks po

Not much has changed... Turns out the tape and the silicone sheets both give me a rash :( I'm feel like I'm stretched to the limit and it's still hard to walk straight. Haven't been able to sleep on my stomach either. My husband has been real supportive and keeps telling me how much I'll love it later and my scar doesn't look bad bc it's very thin. He thinks it's going to fade away, lol... I wish!

you LOOK WONDERFUL girl!!!! That scar is thin it will definitively fade away....give it time the worst is behind you yayyy!!!!
Hi well i have been feeling better i gave been sleeping in mt bed pretty comfy but yesterday night when i turned to my other side u felt like i pulled something really weird. I still have my tape on just hoping everytging looks ok when it comes off. I still have swelling and numbness in the bottom part of my abdomen.

1 month post op

I can't believe it's been a month already! I'm feeling better but the swelling and numbness under my bb aren't getting any better. Everything still feels super tight and the itchiness on my stretchmarks is unbearable. But other than that I'm super happy with my results thus far. Oh yea and I think my butt is back to looking like it did before the surgery. I'm regretting only having 200cc put in. It was nice having a bigger booty for a few weeks :)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

7 weeks post op

Feeling much better. There are days I forget I had it done but the itchiness and swelling quickly reminds me. I still feel tightness but it's getting much better. I'm no longer wearing garments or tape because it makes me very itchy. I'm also in love with my bbl results. If it stays like this I'll be very happy :)

First of all I want to thank you for actually posting pics ! People out reviews all the time but no pics an its not so much helpful! After reading all the comments you left you have convinced me to get the surgery done by dr. Bruno, I just wanted honest reviews about him and after reading what you have experienced, I'm super excited to get this done! I'm planning to get a tt and bbl at the same time! (Yikes) but honestly I think I can do it, I have a high pain tolerance! Not saying I'm not going to have pain , but think I can handle it. Thank you for your review very helpful for me!!!
Your scar looks great, nice and straight. Are you still wishing you got more CC's for your BBL?
You look fabulous!!! You scar is so clean. I would appreciate any advice you can share. I am planning to do my TT an lipo soon and am staring to get nervous.

Wish I'd asked for more

This picture is how my bbl looked at 2 months. It's a bit misleading due to the way I'm standing but I was in love with my results. Sad to say that it's almost all gone now. I'll try to post a recent picture soon. If you're getting. Bbl, for sure ask for more than 200cc. I think maybe 400 would have been perfect because after the swelling goes away, you'll be left with half of what you start out with.

I am so glad I found your review! Your body is very similar to mine and I will be having a tt and bbl in june! My dr says he will be putting 500 cc each cheek and if I use your body With the 200 cc to gauge where I will be, it's gonna be perfect! Thank you so so much for your review and for posting pics! Also i think your body looks very nice even with just the 200 put in but if you ever feel like it in the future, u can always have more put in :) again thank you!
I have my surgery schedule this Friday, but I have yet to receive a call from Dr. Bruno's office with surgery time. When were you contacted your surgery time?
When you had your sutures removed around the drain tubes, was a little bit of the suture left under your skin? I had mine removed yesterday and I noticed that a tiny piece of the suture is still there. I tried to pull it out but it's pretty stuck, :(

8 months later

Feeling better than ever! No regrets... My scar has faded in some areas and still red in others but I feel 100% back to normal.

i will be having this procedure Feb 2015. Could you please PLEASE give me advise on how to sleep the first few days post op? I am also a side sleeper which is why i dont think it can be to diffucult unitl i read your comment about messing up the stiches... OMG panick mode... lol By far your story is my absolute favorite... and my PS also recomended me get 200cc but i have made change of that to 500 maybe 700 lol i am still trying to think how many cc to decide on... i dont want to look like KIM K either.... lol
How many cc's did you get lipo'd? Did he lipo your tummy?
Looking great, that scar is going to be so faint!
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon