African American Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant - Beverly Hills Profiles Dr. Solieman & Dr. Litner

I had a wide, bulbous nose. No one has ever said...

I had a wide, bulbous nose. No one has ever said anything about it to me, but in pictures it tends to be the focal point. I just wanted it smaller less noticeable. Also, I new there was something up with the bottom portion of my face, but I couldn't quite figure out what it was. I have a protruding mouth, but I like it and I don't want to change my smile so I didn't mess with that. One day I was watching Vanderpump Rules and Stassi talked about her chin implant and that was my "Ah Ha" moment. That is what I needed. So far, I'm pleased with the results, but I just had my procedures performed on March 13th, 2014.

Video Diaries of my procedures

Post Op

Dr. Peyman Solieman

This site is only allowing me to list Dr. Litner as my doctor. I want to make sure it is understood that this review is for both Drs. Litner and Solieman. I LOVED the fact that there were two doctors to consult with and that I was comfortable with both. I felt an added sense of security that two doctors were in my operating room. Instant second opinion during the procedures...doesn't get any better than that.

REVEAL Part 1 of 2 - Beverly Hills Profiles

Post Op Day 7- Reveal & helpful recovery hints.

REVEAL!!! Part 2 of 2 - Beverly Hills Profiles

Post Of Day 7 - Reveal & helpful recovery hints.

Post Op Day 8

Be patient. Nose tends to change shape and size constantly. Different parts swell at different times.

Post Op 3-Weeka

Post OP 3-Weeks

Befores

After (3-weeks)

For some reason this was a good...minimal swelling day, so I snapped a pic. :)
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon

Excellent experience with the doctors, their office staff, their surgery staff and the aftercare facility. I literally have no complaints.

Ur result looks very good thus far...any new updates?
Looking good! I think you picked the right size chin implant too. Maybellineo
Thanks for the update! Your nose looks very nice and it looks like it has de-swelled a lot! I see your concern about the nostrils being uneven. My nostrils are uneven too and I think it's most probably swelling! I will see my doctor in a month for follow up and I will bring it to his attention if they are still uneven. I agree about the inconvenience of working full time after surgery. I came to work last week and I would get very exhausted easily. I wish I toot last week off!
Quick question..... Which do you think is better: Open or Closed Rhinoplasty? I have two dr's that I'm considering with two different methods.
I let the doctors decide that after our consultation. I told them what I wanted and I listened to how they thought I could achieve my goals. I did research, but in the end they are the doctor.
Oh, I didn't see the last sentence in your comment. None thought that Closed Rhinoplasty would work for my goals....hmmm. Is your nose as wide and bulbous as mine was?
yes, it is..
Wow, I wonder how they can do such drastic and precise work in a closed rhinoplasty. The before and after pics that I saw of the closed one seemed more for conservative nose jobs. Like those that needed their hump smaller in profile views. They didn't really need their width and nostrils drastically smaller. The scarring definitely seemed easier on the closed one, but I don't think my width or nostrils would have been small enough for me to be happy doing that style of rhinoplasty. Plus, I don't like that the doctor would have been working with such a limited view. That's a tough decision...do you possibly have time to get more opinions? Ultimately, you should be 100% comfy with your decision or you'll go into surgery with a little more anxiety than normal and I believe you should be as relaxed as you can before going under the knife.
I was thinking the same thing! The Dr that wants to do open rhinoplasty is the one that I feel more comfy with. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I will be having surgery with him! By the way, your new video ( 22 days post) is not working.
always go closed when you can-- limits the incidence of a hanging columella and a much quicker recovery :)
Hope all is well! Looking out for a new video sometime soon!
Hmmm. I put a comment on here...but now I don't see it. I know your revision was today. You're in my thoughts. Post as soon as you can so that we know how you're doing.
Hi there girlfriend! I hope you're doing well, I know today was the day of your revision. Your in my thoughts. Update as soon as you can, so that we know you're ok.
thanks for all your update, you look amazing after just a few days can't wait to see more
Thank you. :) I promise to keep posting.
You look fabulous! You were beautiful before; I like how the minor tweaking of your nose and chin highlighted the other beautiful features of your face. I can't wait to see your updates!
Aww, thank you so much! :) I'll keep posting update videos.
Your nose looks great though it's still very swollen. Thanks for the helpful videos.
Thank you and you're welcome. :)
Loving your video updates! Your computer imaging looks amazing. I hope you love love love your results, pretty lady. :)
Thank you! I like those computer generated "afters" too. If they can get my face close to that, I will be a happy camper. I uploaded reveal videos, just now. Check them out. I don't quite look like the computer shots, yet, but I LOVE my chin, it came out perfect and it is still swolen. I like my nose, it is obviously still healing and I know it takes time...so we will see. :)
Thank you so much for your post and videos! There sooooooooo helpful! I'm having my sugery on May 6 and my nose looks a little like yours. One thing that I think is GREAT, which you pointed out, is how important it is to ICE THOSE EYES! Yep, I pretty sure I will "over do it!" lol
LOL! Overdoing it on the ice will probably be just right. :) I'm glad you have some time before your surgery. I will do more updates between now and May, to give you an idea of what to expect. I know that everyone is different, but you never know...we may end of up sharing some of the same issues.
That is so true! Did you get your cast removed yesterday??
No, they called me and changed my appointment to today 03/20/14. The updated videos have been uploaded. :)