Finally I'm Doing It! - Berwick, Victoria, Australia

Hi there everyone, Gee how to start… Well a...

Hi there everyone,

Gee how to start… Well a lot of people on here seem to give the bio first so here goes.
I’m 23, Australian, my current day job is in retail as a manager. I’m not terribly wealthy and my parents would be horrified if they knew I was gonna do this. But it’s purely for myself that the decision came about.

I’ve been thinking about doing this for a long time. I’ve always been a very confident person except when it came to my body. I’ve never been happy with how I look. Especially my breasts and especially since i lost about 5kg. A lot of the weight came directly off my breasts and they have become a lot saggyer since. So the time has come to do something about it, I’ve saved all my pennys and it’s go time!

I’m booked in for my Breast Augmentation on the 4th of March 2013. With Tim Brown at the Tim Brown clinic in Melbourne.

Firstly I think this site is amazing! For me reading all the stories and looking at pictures people had put up on here helped me make my decision to get my augmentation, and so I’ve decided to share my experience and hopefully help some of you.

So for my first step I’d made appointments in a few places early last year. God it was the hardest thing calling around. Having to tell the person on the other side that I wanted a Breast Augmentation. I soon after found this site and was relieved to find that many other people felt the same as me :P

So I went to my first appointment with a guy that was a cosmetic surgeon. (Cosmetic surgeons are at uni for less time, but apparently have more time in the field, and Plastic surgeons go through the same qualifications as a doctor.). Unfortunately was really really weird. He got me to undress pretty much in front of him, no screens nothing.

He also didn’t have a lot of photo’s to show me. I had found better on the internet. I also had a little list of questions about what I thought I wanted (so useful to be prepared) and he pretty much didn’t answer any of them.
Needless to say I went away pretty unsure and disheartened… I was hoping and praying that the next one wasn’t gonna be like that.

It was a couple of weeks before my next appointment (they generally do take a while to get into) and after sooo much more research and worrying that all my surgeons would be like the first. I went to the Tim Brown clinic (he is a plastic surgeon). OMG soooo much more professional! Tim talked me through everything, answered all my questions, drew little diagrams about what we expected to achieve etc. I even had a nurse, Tracey helping me with getting dressed/undressed (behind a screen!) and trying on different implant sizes, she will be with me when I go under. She’s really lovely and it’s nice to know that I’m gonna be in safe hands.

So My specs are: round Gummy bear implants, no lift (I thought I would need one), I can’t remember the size.. but its just enough to give some fullness on my chest, I’ll let you know exactly sooner to the date lol.

And so a few days after I booked in!
Since then I’ve gone back to the clinic to double check my sizes and get my Fiances opinion. I was tossing up between a slightly smaller size and a slightly wider but bigger one. I have decided on the wider larger one, as this is the one that Tim suggested and their wasn’t much difference between the two. I hope they turn out the way I want them too!

I hope to have time to put more updates as I go along ?

Bye
x

OMG, I got all the payment stuff in the mail the...

OMG, I got all the payment stuff in the mail the other day. Scary! Heaps of consent forms, I havnt worked up the courage to fill them in yet lol. Keep running through my head 'should I go to another doctor to get another opinion about not getting the lift aswell' but then reminding myself that I really like my doctor. Sigh! I need to just do it!
Lots of info on after care. I CAN"T GO TO THE GYM FOR A MONTH! That's gonna be soooo hard, I go everyday pretty much! I can see lots of doing nothing coming my way after the op lol :P
I can't believe its only a month and a half away!

Omg I just paid for everything! I've never spent...

Omg I just paid for everything! I've never spent so much money all at once!

So I had my nurse ring on Friday telling me I was...

So I had my nurse ring on Friday telling me I was booked in for Monday 6.30 am... It is now Sunday. Freaking out a little, excited but a bit scared. I've never been into hostpital before, except when I was being born... A little worried as I haven't taken arnica yet, I may have forgotten about it actually. Been trying not to worry myself. Might have a extra look over my papers when I get home..
Went to the beach today, as like a final farewell to my other boobies :)

Ok so it's go time, I'm just about to go to...

Ok so it's go time, I'm just about to go to hostpital it is 5.15am. Freaking out a fair bit now! Surprisingly slept a bit last night! With the help of my fiancée cuddling me...
I'm gonna be one of those weepys when I have to say goodbye arnt I? I think I'm just more worried about not waking up again. I've never been put to sleep before...gah scary times!
I packed everything last night. Without fail I have forgotten something imperative lol :p well wish me luck! See you all on the otherside :)

I'm on the other side! And man I'm sore! ATM my...

I'm on the other side! And man I'm sore! ATM my boobies are there but HUGE! My doc says once the swelling goes down they won't be so big. Thank god! I look like a cross between a barbie and a puffin! Could be a couple of weeks tho :( hopefully their better by the time I go back to work, next Wednesday. I haven't told them that I'm getting a boob job the think I'm away on hols... Hopefully they don't notice as I've been wearing padded bras around them for the past few weeks.

I don't wanna look at them until the few weeks is up! I'm just scared they'll be horrible and ill start crying! Lol I might have to as I will have a shower today, doc says I'm all good to get em wet.

So for those that are freaking out about their op.
I got admitted at 6.45, signed paper work my fiancée got given scripts for me. We then went to my room, a nice private one with a view!
Then waited there for about an hr. thankfully my fiancé was allowed to be with me for that time :)
I then met my aneithiatist, and my nurse took me around to theatre. She'd a few tears when I said goodbye to my fiancé but my nurse was lovely and put me at ease.
We got to the pro op room, and they put compression socks on me. 15mins later they wheeled my into the OR. Saw my doctor, nurse and aneithiatist, got a drip put in my arm and I don't remember the rest.

I then woke up in the post op room, to a different nurse and some other patients around me. They said everything looked good, looked at my boobs nearly chundered when I saw how big they were. And then got wheeled back to the room about 10.30.
I then slept til about 12pm and called my fiancé, who was pissed coz the nurse said she would call him when I was finished but she didn't. So he came in, I was still druggy and sleepy, but the nurse said try not sleep until the night otherwise I won't sleep through. Omg, so hard not to sleep! Constantly getting antibiotics through out and having my vitals checked. Felt pretty horrible, threw up a few times but felt amazing after I did! Last night had a few pains and had to get my nurse to give me a strong pain reliever at about 2am last night.
Yesterday was pretty depressing as I thought my boobs were stuck being this size... As I didn't get to talk to my surgeon until this morning. He told me that I will shrink THANK YOU!

I just ate my breakfast and am waiting for my fiancé to come in and pick me up :) can't wait to go home! Although its been so nice having people help me with everything :) just wanna have a shower :p
Update more soon! With pics hopefully :)

So i'm day 3 post op, I'm not as sore as I was...

So i'm day 3 post op, I'm not as sore as I was yesterday. But I am bruised sooo badly, quite swollen also. Feeling better today however, no more nauseousness (couldnt keep my dinner in my tummy last night). I really want the swelling and bruising to go away so I can actually see or imagine how my boobies are gonna look. I really dont want to post what they look like right now maybe in a few days. They just don't look how I want but crossing fingers they shrink and tighten in a few weeks.
I don't want my posts to be so depressing, but hopefully it helps some ppl with their decision, just wait for a few weeks and we'll know for sure how they'll turn out. :)

Wow. So this morning I had my follow up review...

Wow. So this morning I had my follow up review with my nurse.
I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! She assured me that my nipple size will reduce back to normal, my breasts aren't going too drop much, the implant will drop tho forming a much nicer shape! Omg so relieved! Frankenboob will eventually go away! *happydance* she also gave me a heaps comfyier and slightly less ugly bra, woooo! Tho she suggested getting some Lorne Jane ones as their apparently amazing!

My surgeon told me that my girls wouldn't be perfect strait after the surgery but I was not expecting this frankenboob catastrophe! I couldn't find any post op actual boob photos on here or anywhere for me to compare just ones in bras. For those of you that might be going though the same thing, I will be posting pics of my current boob state tonight, so you can see what you look like after surgery and maybe you won't be as freaked out about frankenboob as I was!

Anyway, today is also my first day back at work. So i have to go buy some bras and also a new work shirt as my other ones are bursting in the bust lol. Wish me luck!

P.s. oh FYI, running for ANYTHING is BAD! I ran for the train yesterday and omg! My boobs hurt so much for the rest of the day! Also my nurse informed me this morning, that you can also burst blood vessels running too soon and bleed to death! Weeeee.....no more running!

Wow I've had a big weekend! First one since the...

Wow I've had a big weekend! First one since the surgery. Two nights of partying! They came off pretty well! I was making sure I didn't do anything stupid, like jumping up and down of putting myself in the position of being squashed, but I thought they'd be sorer. In saying that I'm going to have a night easy few days for them... As their a little sore, not heaps but a little ;)
Found its starting to get easier being at work for a whole day too, I was getting quite tired still pooped when I get home, but not as bad which is nice :). I'm thinking ill get some more of my sports bras from Big W found some really good ones there.

I'm still wearing my compression bra at night as it is comfyier if I roll around. Been rolling and sleeping on my side a bit which I don't think is the best, but it's so comfy! However I think it's making my right one swollen... So annoying!

So i'm at 6 weeks and i've started noticing a...

So i'm at 6 weeks and i've started noticing a drooping in both breasts... I'm starting to feel that their looking similar to my original breasts but bigger. The whole point of doing this was that I look good naked, not feeling it right now. I wanted my boobs to be perkyier and asked specifically for this when I had my first consultation, debating whether i needed a lift.

I have my 6 week post op appointment tomorrow, so i will be consulting my surgeon about it then to see what can be done. I mean i've done everything my surgeon recommended and I've been very good with my recovery, I havnt done anything i'm not supposed to..

Has anyone had this experience? Do they get better? Or will they continue to sag and be around my belly in a year?

1 year on

Implant size

Hey guys for those that want to know I'm pretty sure I went with 420cc :)

1 and a half years on...

Ok so i've had a friend asking me about my boob job recently as she wants to get hers done. I thought I might read through my experience again and see if I should ad to it. Well i'm nearly a year and a half on and I think I can finally say I am happy with my boobs. Well I guess I do! Their not perfect but their 100% better then what I used to have. While going through the op and post op were incredibly traumatic. I think it was at the end of the day worth the heart ache. As long as I never put on any weight I will be happy :P Tim was a good surgeon but I think he needed a bit more communication and when I last went to see him about the sagging i'm pretty sure he was at a loss of what to do... This could be why suppose he only had pics of little boobs? I'm not sure. But otherwise he was great very skilled and generally very professional. So worth the $12500? YES! (although i would have been more satisfied if it had been cheaper lol)
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon