16 months out and not happy with my results- Bellevue, WA

It has only been 1 month since my surgery, but I...

It has only been 1 month since my surgery, but I can already tell I am going to be happy with my new nose! I still have swelling, but this was explained to me beforehand. I have not had any surprises.

I have a bump, probably infection...I will have...

I have a bump, probably infection...I will have exploratory surgery Wednesday. Doc thinks I have sutures that have not dissolved. I am still happy with the results. I will definitely look better when the bump is gone.

I like the results

I'm not in love with my new nose...however it is smaller! It is still crooked though.

Profile, I like it....

11 months

Still crooked

I saw the dr about 3 months ago and he told me that I would have to have surgery all over again to correct my nose. Not happy about that at all and afraid that it will look worse. I am updating my review.
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

I did a lot of research. Dr. Naficy and his staff are so far the best I have seen. I couldn't have chosen a better place to trust with my face! I would highly recommend him to anyone. I am updating my review...this was very early on in the process when I filled this review out. Since my surgery in dec 2012 I have been quite distraught with the results. I am living with a crooked nose still. My nose is smaller but wider and quite crooked. I am debating back and forth about whether or not to let him fix it. Scared that it will turn out worse. Not what I was expecting.

Thank you. It doesn't look like Naficy's job at all, especially after you see all the pictures they show you, and read about him... He was my first choice, but their greed steered me away. They wanted to charge me the same amount, 15 thousand dollars with or without insurance. I was confused, I thought I was dealing with a reputable outfit. I told them to go pound sand and found a different doctor. Anyway, one of his clients shared her photos with me several months ago. I couldn't justify the price looking at her results, he only fixed columella, and it cost her 10 thousand dollars. So there are people who are not happy, they don't post for some reason.
ten thousand dollars just to have the columnella tinkered with...smdh...
What a refreshing review! Not many on here rate Naficy with low marks....which I found frustrating when I was researching surgeons. It made me wonder how that was possible. I like to read reviews that are authentic and detailed! Sorry to hear you still need more surgery to correct the crookedness. Naficy is really conservative but symmetry is important as that is what is aesthetically pleasing and why people pay for surgery in the first place. My nose, while was enhanced by him is asymmetrical but I am just hoping it is swelling since I am a little over seven months. Let us know what you decide! I am curious how things will go if you go with him again. I talked to a past patient of his who got her primary and revision done by him, if you want to talk let me know!
Thanks
Did you have open or closed rhinoplasty? Also, did you need a deviated septum fixed? If you let him try to repair it, will it cost as much since he is fixing his own work? Hope it all turns out how you wish in the end! Good luck.
Open
He said that he would not charge me, however that I would have to cover the charges for the OR and anesthesia. I told him that i didn't think that I should have to pay for anything. He hope to get my insurance to pay for, if not we would look at that then. I would also have to take time off work which would cost even more. Not to mention having to go through all of the pain and recovery all over again.
Hey doozy, thanks for sharing your review. Im booked for rhinoplasty with Dr. Naficy next month & am really nervous after seeing ur review. I have several important life events coming up a few months after surgery & am really worried about getting unsatisfactory results the first time around. I have crookedness in my nose too & selected dr naficy because, looking at his website, it seemed like he is really good at fixing crooked noses. The price of my surgery with him is 2x more than what i was quoted elsewhere, but i thought he'd be worth it. Are there any reasons ur results didnt turn out as u had hoped? Eg. Thick skin, etc or is it his skill that was lacking?
I would not go...he took a less invasive approach and I am scared to have him redo it...
My nose looks smaller but just as crooked
I really appreciate you getting back to me. I am going to pm u if you dont mind. I am postponing my surgery & may even end up going with a different surgeon. Although he produced some astounding results, I feel like some of the reviews on here are fake. The real reviews are usually the ones with pictures or at the very least frequent updates vs. one paragraph reviews..
Agreed!
Yeah, Doozeyday is the only active, but more importantly not "everything went great, yay!" review on here regarding Naf. Which I value--since I had my surgery done by him, too.
Tomorrow
how did the appt go with Naficy? Any updates?
Did you see anyone else before choosing Naficy? I have seen Lamperti, Salemy and Waterman.. Still having such a hard time picking one.
No I did not

You can definitely see how much the swelling has gone down in the later pictures. How are you feeling about it now?

I am 11 months post op. Still a bit crooked and it seems to be more full than before. Seeing Dr next week...
oh no..sorry to hear you're not in love with it...shoot I was hoping to go with him. Are you going to have a revision with him or someone else? What has he said about it?
With him, he wants to make it right and I totally trust him. He took a less invasive route and it didn't work.
awesome definitely keep us updated!
hi doozy thanks so much for the review, I am looking into Naficy myself. Do you have any updated photos?
Hi sorry haven't been here for awhile...probably going to have a revision done at about a year. My nose was crooked when I started and still is.