16 months out and not happy with my results- Bellevue, WA

It has only been 1 month since my surgery, but I...

It has only been 1 month since my surgery, but I can already tell I am going to be happy with my new nose! I still have swelling, but this was explained to me beforehand. I have not had any surprises.

I have a bump, probably infection...I will have...

I have a bump, probably infection...I will have exploratory surgery Wednesday. Doc thinks I have sutures that have not dissolved. I am still happy with the results. I will definitely look better when the bump is gone.

I like the results

I'm not in love with my new nose...however it is smaller! It is still crooked though.

Profile, I like it....

11 months

Still crooked

I saw the dr about 3 months ago and he told me that I would have to have surgery all over again to correct my nose. Not happy about that at all and afraid that it will look worse. I am updating my review.

New photos

As you can see it is still quite crooked and my nostrils are misshapen. Not too picky. It was crooked when I started this journey and looks worse now than it did before surgery.

One more

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

I did a lot of research. Dr. Naficy and his staff are so far the best I have seen. I couldn't have chosen a better place to trust with my face! I would highly recommend him to anyone. I am updating my review...this was very early on in the process when I filled this review out. Since my surgery in dec 2012 I have been quite distraught with the results. I am living with a crooked nose still. My nose is smaller but wider and quite crooked. I am debating back and forth about whether or not to let him fix it. Scared that it will turn out worse. Not what I was expecting.

Thanks so much for your review. I hope you get things resolved to your satisfaction one way or another.
Thanks so much for your updates? Did your doctor give you any insight into why your nose didn't meet expectations?
He took a less evasive approach. Instead of adding cartilage he cut mine in hopes it would straighten, but cartilage has memory and it went back to the way it was. Don't get me wrong, my nose is more feminine and fits my face better, but it is still crooked. He will fix it, I am just too scared to go through it again.
I had a septoplasty in Oct of 2013 to correct a deviated septum and asymmetry caused by trauma in 1974. Dr Naficy was my surgeon and did an excellent job. On the third post-op day, I felt a cool sensation inside my left nares. I quickly realized it was fresh air! My nose was also noticeable symmetrical as well. I chose Dr Naficy after researching his credentials particularly with rhinoplasty procedures. Dr Naficy has authored books, articles and lectured at UW for example, on rhinoplasty procedures. He was top of his class in med school and is credentialed in Facial Plastics as well as ENT surgery. I am an RN and have worked many years in Hospital nursing. I wanted the very best surgeon and staff for my procedure and with Dr Naficy, I truly did have the best. As for price? Dr Naficy gave me a professional discount and worked with my insurance. His dictation influenced my insurance to cover my septoplasty and he accepted what they paid, nothing more. I did not have to pay a dime for my septoplasty. His skill, kindness and support helped heal an old injury from a painful and frightening assault. I will be grateful with every breath I take, thank you Dr Naficy.
Good for you...I am happy for you, I totally thought he was the best. I did research. Are you blind or did you not see the results?
Also...my insurance picked up for some but I had 10,000. Out of pocket...
...am I blind? Well, no, and that is why I could read "16 months out and not happy with my results" as well as other postings from various folks regarding Dr Naficy. My post was not directed at anyone in particular, just sharing my experience.
:-)
I am so thankful that I DIDN'T use Dr. Nacify for my rhinoseptoplasty revision. Dr. James Ridgeway handled my revision from a previous surgery do to a broken nose. Dr. James Ridgeway is by far the best surgeon in the Seattle/Bellevue area. I can breathe, have absolutely no pain, and my nose is straight. Dr. Ridgeway is not only a brilliant surgeon, he is a great person. Had I listened to Dr. Nacify I wouldn't feel as fantastic as I do. If you need a surgeon, Dr. James Ridgeway is the person to contact.
i feel your pain. I wish the surgeon told me that when you start off with a asymmetrical nose that it only gets worse after surgery. The profile has improved slightly but my front view asymmetry has been exaggerated since surgery :( Biggest regret of my life.... i never thought my old nose could get any worse thats why i went ahead with the surgery. Now im too traumatised to even go through another surgery to try and correct it. I hope you get some answers. maybe consult with another surgeon to get a second realistic opinion?
Wait, really? I have frontal assymetry and no one has told me this will get worse after surgery. Is that always true?
Well unless ur surgeon is a perfectionist, does grafting and a lot of other work to make sure it's straight then yes it will look worse after. If I hadve known this... I would've never gone through with the surgery. Basically i replaced one ugly nose with a worse one and it's only cost me 10k and a lot of emotional distress. I think my surgeon just wanted my money, he made it sound like a really easy fix. Yeah right! Lies!! Now he wants to pump my nose full of fillers to camouflage his f*** up! Good luck with ur surgery
Assymetry is likely after surgery. i think you're being too picky.
Really? You mean after fixing it? I have already had open rhinoplasty once to make it symmetrical.
Are you kidding me? Its evident that the surgeon did a poor job on her nose. How can you sit there and say that by looking at these pictures? Clearly you either love this doctor, work for him, or need glasses. I feel really bad for Doozyday as she will need yet another surgery to correct what this doctor did to her nose. I am in a complete shock as this particular doctor charges a lot of money for his surgery but he also promotes himself everywhere. I have considered him myself and decided against it because I could not stop his office calling me and trying to talk me into going with him even though I said I am not interested.
Thanks for your support!
Any time Doozyday! Good luck to you and I hope you find a good surgeon to fix what this doctor did. Being the one on the receiving end just like you I completely understand and feel your pain. Having a bad result and needing a revision is the worst feeling anyone can possibly have. Nose is the center of your face you cannot hide it like you can bad boob job. Make sure you do lots of research before choosing your revision surgeon, speak to real patients, look at legal issues, and don't jump into anything. Never go to a doctor who promises the world to you and tells you he is 100% confident he can do what you asked for. There is no way to predict results especially in revision cases but there is a way to make it much better. Make sure you trust your gut its so important. I went with my original surgeon even though I had a bad gut feeling and now I know I was right. Good luck to you!
Don't listen to rude people who can't see problematic results that you were brave enough to post. Most people wouldn't, especially for a surgeon that is suspiciously well-reviewed--patients need to know about the risks is their surgeon isn't careful or fails to predict a poor outcome! I'm glad he's willing to revise it, though. I would ask what he's willing to offer for you in detail, research that method, and then maybe get another opinion to check against it. It's awful being in this place--feeling like you paid money to butcher yourself and it can only get worse.
Thank you. It doesn't look like Naficy's job at all, especially after you see all the pictures they show you, and read about him... He was my first choice, but their greed steered me away. They wanted to charge me the same amount, 15 thousand dollars with or without insurance. I was confused, I thought I was dealing with a reputable outfit. I told them to go pound sand and found a different doctor. Anyway, one of his clients shared her photos with me several months ago. I couldn't justify the price looking at her results, he only fixed columella, and it cost her 10 thousand dollars. So there are people who are not happy, they don't post for some reason.
ten thousand dollars just to have the columnella tinkered with...smdh...
I went to Nacify for a consult on revising a blepharoplasty (eyelids). He was brusque, rude & left the room without saying anything. I couldn't tell if it was over or if he was coming back; he was so detached, it was clear he didn't care. When the nurse came in, I burst into tears. She had another Dr re-do the consult, but I should have asked for my $75 consult fee back. No Dr is going to put up photos of patients with poor results on his/her website. You have to research as much as possible; that's not always easy to figure out.
What a refreshing review! Not many on here rate Naficy with low marks....which I found frustrating when I was researching surgeons. It made me wonder how that was possible. I like to read reviews that are authentic and detailed! Sorry to hear you still need more surgery to correct the crookedness. Naficy is really conservative but symmetry is important as that is what is aesthetically pleasing and why people pay for surgery in the first place. My nose, while was enhanced by him is asymmetrical but I am just hoping it is swelling since I am a little over seven months. Let us know what you decide! I am curious how things will go if you go with him again. I talked to a past patient of his who got her primary and revision done by him, if you want to talk let me know!
Thanks
He as well as many other surgeons hire attorney to remove bad reviews. Some have something called gag contact which restricts unhappy patients to post anything bad about the doctor. I am not sure if Nacify has that contract but definitely if you see 100% good reviews and nothing bad its not possible. Even the best doctor will have unhappy patients, its the fact of life. No surgeon is perfect and you cannot please everyone.
Agreed! I am considering hiring one myself...