Scarred for Life - Bellevue, WA

Dr. Philip Young broke a bone in my jaw by...

I could not work, I could not leave my home as the blood needed to be drained every 3 hours. Then, after attempts to find the cause of the infection, I pushed the jaw bone through my own flesh and the infection stopped.

Now I have permanent scaring and can only move my neck 70% of what I used to be able to. Dr. Young tightened my platysma (neck) muscle too tight, which is called a "Neck Lift". I am 34 years old and he gave me a neck lift. This was a poor diagnosis as I have been to 3 other doctors who call his work very unprofessional.

The only thing Dr. Young says is that he finished in the top 5% in his class. This is the only statement he can stand on.

Stay far away from his clinic.
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Philip Young broke a bone in my jaw by screwing in jaw implants and breaking the jaw bone. This bone sat floating around under my skin for 7 months. Only after I pushed the jaw bone through my own flesh, did the infection stopped. The original operation cost me $15k. I have currently spent over $8000 in finding doctors to fix his work and still have another $3000 to go before I am 80%. I could not work for 7 months and I will never be back to my original self.

Wow.... so sorry about what has happened. I don't understand the copy and paste response by the doctor below. How does that adequately address the patient's concerns?
Oh my, how unfortunate. Hopefully some time in the future you will be able to get scar revision. Thanks for sharing.
That is beyond awful. I'm really sorry this has happened to you.
What a terrible ordeal. Let us know how you're doing now.
At Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery our Mission is to provide unwavering quality care to improve people's lives through Facial Plastic Surgery and the YoungVitalizer. We go above and beyond to help our patients. The comments that have been posted are not authenticated. We are unsure if these comments are actual patients or competing doctors. If you are an actual patient, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible so that we can help you directly. We will do everything we can to improve your situation. We wish you peace, love and happiness - Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery.
It is difficult to believe the complaint or the Dr's comments. I don't understand why the patient is not engaging the best lawyer possible and suing the the PS. Further, for the PS to comment that a competing PS would make those comments, makes one wonder about him as well.
I think his complaint is very believable.
Hey I'm so sorry to read this. Stay strong and get through this!
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
OMG!!! I'm so sorry to hear of this absolutely nightmarish experience you went through! Was it that you went in for a chin implant and instead he gave you a supposed neck lift? You had to have been in excruciating pain for 7 months! Is there any way to replace the jaw bone that was removed? Very sorry, indeed...Please stay blessed! :-)
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-