Not Scared, Just Excited! - Bellevue, WA

Tomorrow I am having a facelift, fat grafting &...

Tomorrow I am having a facelift, fat grafting & upper lower blep. I am going to try to post a day by day experience, it was so helpful for me to read them on RealSelf! I know it will be tough at first and I am feeling brave today, hopefully that will last until tomorrow!
I look forward to looking in the mirror and not seeing bags and chins!
My husband asked me if it has any benefits to my health, like will you breathe better? No dear husband, I am the one who buys the furniture because it looks good, not because it's comfy!

It will be worth it. I'm guessing Naficy did yours? He's the absolute best. The hardest part is being patient while the healing process begins. I am exactly 12 weeks out this week and only just now feeling completely healed (even though the healing process continues). It really takes a long time to see the results. I did a ton of research and am completely confident I chose the right doc for me. He is a true artist and does amazing work.
Thank you for starting your story on RealSelf. When you feel up to it, we'd love an update. How are you feeling? Thinking about you!
Wishing you an easy recovery and fabulous results! Who was your surgeon?
BTW did u have your EKG done?
laly59 I keep answering but it must be deleted every time! Hmmm wonder why? No EKG, they feel it was not necessary.
Good luck! The countdown start for me tomorrow!!! I will start with the AM and PM Clinical support. My best wishes for you :)
Same to you!
Good luck tomorrow. Looking forward to your feed back.
It hasn't been easy I was in a lot of pain. It will be worth it if I look good. Did I just say pain is worth it if I look good?
LOL! I guess I would say the same :) Are you taking just Tylenol or your PS prescribed you pain medication? My PS said I shouldn't feel pain, let's see. Hope you feel better soon :)
Pain meds, I was prescribed Oxycodone, 1 to 2 every 2 to 3 hours and Valium with 2 tylenol every 6 hours as needed. I usually opt for the oxy so I will wake up one day and say ok, I'm fine, and my new face is just what I wanted!
Good for you !
z60, You had just eyes and face, correct....no brow lift? So is it the face lift or lower eye that has caused the most pain? Uppers, which I had 20 yrs ago were a walk in the park so to me facial surgery was not that daunting~ until I found RS and learned much more about the more involved procedures...anyway, hope you are doing better with each day. grace60
Face and neck lift, blep upper and lower, fat grafting. The most pain is not the eyes it is the face and neck. No brow lift. I think it's the staples that hurt. I must say that it is important to have help the first week. My husband has amazed me, he should have gone into nursing. He is right on top of things, so patient. Also the best thing for me has been milk shakes, easy to sip and cool. (Oh great, I feel a new chin emerging, lol) I did want my neck very tight and I can tell it is, stifling a yawn is challenging. Tomorrow staples are removed.
I guess you read Westy 53's review of your shared doc. He recommended a brow lift, ear to ear incision to accomplish lifting the upper eye. You should take comfort in the fact that your upper eye was addressed with a mere lid lift because I had that 22 yrs ago and it is a walk in the park compared to a brow lift of any kind. I asked a question of the RS docs about residual numbness and what percent of their patients feel have total skin sensation restored after face or brow lifts. And only 4 brave docs answered ~all of them admitting that no one ever gets back total feeling everywhere. But I can tell you that the upper eye lid gets total feeling back. No numbness there. So there's no comparison between the ravages of brow surgery when compared to an ease of an upper eye lift. I hope you continue to feel better each day; sounds like you have a helper-extraordinaire to get you through this....grace
Wow, your staples are going to be removed alredy? My husband will take 2 weeks vacation to take care of me too. Funny, He was telling me last night that milkshakes will.be the best for me. I hope He is as good as your hubby Lol! Good luck tomorrow, I hope everything goes smoothly :)
I know! seems early doesn't it? I have been having these weird sensations and I am at risk of sounding like I need to be driven away in a paddy wagon, BUT, I keep feeling these sensations like someone is shaking a bottle of those decorative candies you sprinkle on cookies, or a sweeping sound into a dustpan. How weird does that sound? But truly it is happening in this head. Either the Doctor will commit me to a mental ward or give me an explanation. Please let it be an explanation! I really hope no one else has felt this. Or do I? Your husband is a winner already to suggest milkshakes!
Thank you Grace60! Yes, Westy was a great help to understand what to expect! I need to read through it again to see if I am normal (lol). Now I am glad I didn't have a brow lift! I left it up to the doctor. He knew the neck lift was most important to me and it feels very tight.
Hi Z! I'm a bit late checking in here, but I'm glad you're doing well. We're lucky to have such great husbands to take care of us, too. Not sure I would have made it this far without mine. I'm glad, too, that you and Dr. Naficy got on well. Unlike some other docs I spoke to, he actually seemed to look at me as an individual and recommend just what I needed and no more. Like you, I also had some pretty crazy sensations at first, especially on my left ear, for some reason. Not only did touching it hurt, but even after I'd let it go, it still felt as if I was squeezing it. It's fine now, though. Nerves are funny.
Good luck! Check in with us!