18 Yo with Breast Augmentation 2 Weeks Post Op Depression - Bellevue, WA

Hi, I wanted a breast augmentation so that I could...

Hi, I wanted a breast augmentation so that I could fit into clothes and feel more girly. I was virtually flat chested and very self conscious about it. I went from a 32 aa to a 32 b so not huge implants. I was so excited before the surgery I didn't even think about recovery time. I counted down the days until I would have boobs and imagined myself immediately walking around with natural looking breasts even if my surgeons had told me otherwise. Keep in mind, I am a VERY active person. I do crossfit and run almost every day. I had mild concerns about losing muscle and getting out of shape but hey, I'd give anything for BOOBS!! Immediately after the procedure I was happy with the results, Oh my gosh, I could fit into strapless dresses! But then I started noticing how fake they looked, comparing them to my mom's. They were so high and stiff. I began doubting myself and searching the internet where I found so much negative criticism of girls who get boob jobs it brought me into a crying mess that lasted for 2 days. I am feeling extremely restless and am gaining weight because I tend to eat when I'm stressed and haven't been excersizing. I miss working out so much! I feel like I am missing out on summer. My friends keep inviting me to go swimming but I can't. I am scared to even see them because they will immediately notice how fake my breasts look (although my mom assures me they really don't look that bad). My PS assures me the procedure went well and that in a couple more months they will drop and look more natural. However, I am so scared that people will look at me in a swimsuit and immediately know I got a boob job and judge me. I am scared for college. If I hook up with a guy and he rejects me because my breasts feel fake to him. Most of all right now I miss my old life. I feel like I have 2 rocks strapped to my chest. I want to get back to my healthy happy lifestyle but am in a serious funk. I miss my friends, I miss working out. My mom doesn't know how to handle my tears. She was so supportive and never doubted my decision. I wish she would have. I don't want to be flat chested, but I don't want everyone thinking I'm fake. I am also worried about my legs getting fatter. By the way, I am a very lean person and my mom says the extra fat is good for me and each days a new day and today she will help me control my diet. I am 5'4" 103 lbs and very muscular. Gahh just so restless and missing my friends and doubting my decision. I need support!!!!

18 yo with breast aug

2 weeks post op. What do you guys think? I want them to drop and fluff so I can see the final results!! Right now I feel like I have rocks strapped to my chest. I know they are far apart but that is my natural anatomy according to my PS. I got a breast aug because I was virtually flat chested, AA. I just stopped growing at age 13 :((. I am now a B cup which is what I hoped for. I really really hope they start to look more natural soon.

Is rippling a big deal?

I got saline implants and my PS told me since I had such little breast tissue rippling would be expected. There is rippling as seen in this picture on my left side when I slouch. Is this a big deal?

Should I tell my Boyfriend I have Breast Implants

Hey guys! So I have a boyfriend and things are getting kind of serious. I'm wondering if I should tell him I have breast implants. I won't let him touch them because I'm afraid he will be able to tell they are fake. Ladies, are men able to tell right away that a girl has a boob job? How real do saline implants feel? To me they feel real but that's because I never had breasts to begin with. Are breast implants a major turn off?
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Very nice PS and incredible staff

U look great! I'm sure it's just time u need!! What size did u go? And when did u start feeling better?
Hey girl,Please post updated pics of how your twins are doing....The last update they still had a lot of Dropping to do as you only did the BA two weeks ago. Excited to see the outcome...
Hang in there! It takes time for them to drop and fluff. I would give it 6 months before thinking about being concerned. One of mine dropped within a few days. The other slowly made progress. It can be a long process. I have thinner skin on one side and can feel some ripples in my implants too. I run and just had to give my body time to recover before running again.
I'm gonna be prefectly and brutally honest with you, they look terrible and I think your surgeon did a horrible job. I personally think you should have gone with silicone overs as you are very lean. They do look very fake and you are right about that. The good thing about overs is that they don't limit your pecs as much as unders and on a lean person they tend to look more natural. If I was you and had the money I would go to another surgeon and fix it. About guys, you are young (and so am I) and you should not worry about what others think. Easier said than done for sure but if someone doesn't love and accept you for who you are and for the decisions you have done, they are not worthy of your time, hopefully this will grow on you and you will take things like that for granted. Sorry if I upset you, that wasn't my intention but you did kind of ask us what we thought and I personally wouldn't be happy with the result if I was you.
I agree she hasn't had much natural breast tissue to fill around the implants, but I don't think you can judge that fast, they are only two weeks old. I have seen breast argumentations where the implants were very high for the first two months before they dropped. Sometimes one breast drops faster than the other, point being you cannot judge before the body has "settled". Besides, being brutally honest? You could be honest in a decent, respectful manner - saying they look terrible is not necessary at all. You are always your own worst critic and she is already sad - and she owns a mirror! Some people like a slightly "fake look". I don't think she should be discouraged yet and wait a while to see if they change. Almost NO breasts look great after only two weeks post surgery, read this: http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/14/52/89/00/fluffi10.jpg .. and to zipzagymrat about the boyfriend thing: YES you should, if he loves you he will keep loving you even though you had this procedure done obviously. Do you really want a man who would leave you on behalf of something THAT insignificant? If he cannot handle that I seriously doubt he'd accept a lot of other things. People who say P-surgeries makes you fake are ignorant in my opinion, first off: They are the ones judging the exterior and not whats inside which is what should matter.
Chin up buttercup. :) I wish I would've had the guts to do this when I was 18. I admire your courage. I hope you're feeling better about everything now. It does take time for them to settle in. It's very hard to be patient though. I agree with Athletic.... guys just love boobs!!! lol Mine are silicone, but my husband loves them!! He could care less that they're fake. I have several friends who have had BA and they've never said anything about men not liking them. I wouldn't stress about it. If this guy gets turned off, then he wasn't what you were looking for anyway!
I wouldn't worry. If this boyfriend or any man in the future can't handle the fact you have a boob job, it's their loss. I am getting mine in 5 weeks. I've heard men say, they are a let down and natural is the way to go, but I just don't agree. My man friend now was supportive in my choice, I did it for MYSELF and no one else. If any man in my future can't accept that i have implants, then they can hit the road, lol! I'm 28 now. And I'm doing things for myself now. Tell your boyfriend, he may love them, be truthful. If he doesn't, oh well for him. Most of the women that you see bashing other women with a boob job, either don't have the money to get a BJ or have boobs already. I deal with the scrutiny everyday at work with my coworkers telling me they won't talk to me if I get it done, looks like I won't be talking to anyone;)
Oh hun! I haven't had mine done yet, but from reading all the stories and advice on here I'm prepared for the fact that my boobs won't be at their best for a good while after surgery, I wish you had been on this site before your BA. You have to remember you did this for you, no one else! If a guy doesn't like your boobs, clearly he's not the guy for you. I worried a bit about how my boyfriend would feel with me having fake boobs, when I asked he pretty much laughed at me and said boobs are boobs, I think he's more excited about them than I am!! Big, small, real or fake, guys generally just love boobs!! I feel for you in regards to feeling out of shape, I haven't even had my BA and I feel slopy! It's going to be a long road ahead for me to get back, but I'm also looking forward to the challenge. Don't forget all the girls on here are here for each other, we are always here for a chat when you need it!! Give it time, your boobs are just going to get better and better :)
Hang in there! I know how you feel. I had one breast drop into place at 2 days post op. The other breast is starting to get there and it has been almost 6 weeks. My PS told me it would probably take up to 3 months because my tissues were tighter on that side. I have been massaging them everyday and checking them for progress. It will happen in time, I know waiting is hard.
Aw, keep your chin up! it's definitely a roller coaster process until the drop and fluff! I think BethH's comment below is super great advice for you. If you're feeling down, just get on realself. they're are soooo many nice and supportive people on this site to help you through the rough phases of the BA! So keep floating on! we're all here for you :)

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf! I am so glad to see you are getting some excellent support and advice from the community. I have a similar physique...my ribs show in my cleavage! My implants took 3-6 months to settle in so give it more time. It will take you a few months to get used to your new look too. Dress them down for a while until you're feeling more comfortable about them. Don't stress about your fluctuating weight right now. A little extra fat will help your body heal and stay strong. Take care and keep us posted on your dropping and fluffing!  ;)

Who cares what other people think? You say that they will judge you? When you had small breasts I guarantee they were talking about those too. You cannot trust people. Just do you. I am considering a boob job and I am not going to tell anyone about it because everyone is a critic. People can be very very ignorant sometimes. Things will get better.
Thank you so so much! This post REALLY helped and made me think about how I felt before the surgery. People definitely noticed my small breasts but more importantly I (emphasis) didn't like the way they looked. I like how I look much better now and can actually fill out clothes and it's amazing. I was fake before anyways, always trying to hide my flat chest with bombshell pushup bras. In my opinion, wearing bras with tons of padding is more fake than a breast aug. I am now happy with my decision.
That's right! See how positively can do? It's very contagious and it makes everyone happy. Keep it up girl. Don't let us scold you again lol. Seriously, you have us here. Whenever you feel down we got your ass
Try to be as patient as you can, they will soften and look more natural as they drop. You'll get back to working out and enjoying your life after you have healed:) it's hard to sit still when you are so used to being active. Summer just started there is plenty of time for all the fun. True friends will love you for you
Sweetie, in the end everybody will judge everybody. So just do what you wanna do without thinking about other judgement. Hugs.
             i have a little bit off rippling too! it doesnt bother me much! i just have thin skin! i was barely an A cup before my implants!
             Hi zipzagymrat since your 2 weeks post opp you can start massaging now unless your ps tells you to wait!
I think what you are going through is normal. You did this for yourself. Who cares what other people think. I too was worried about what people would think. I did it for me, no one else. My husband supported my decision and that was enough for me. Waiting on the changes you want to see has been hard for me. There were many days I cried and wondered if I would get the results I expected. It takes time. Be patient. Take some rest time so that you can heal.
(: aww they are looking great! They will drop and fluff and look way more natural! Just give it time!! 6wks post op you will be looking fabulous and hopefully loving your results!!
Hi sweetie, your story made me sad... I wanted to say to you give it time. That's one thing I've noticed since being a part of this site, implants need lots of time to get settled in your body. And by looking at your pics, it's obvious you work out a lot which means you have a disciplined mind. So I wanted to encourage you to use that discipline to block out the negativity and focus daily on the positivity. It's hard sometimes when we are feeling emotional but that's why this community of women are ;) hope this is the kind of support that lifts you up out of the funk! :)
You got boobs for a boost of self esteem and you ended up with soggy cheerios...something I think everyone your age goes through. As long as you did it for the right reasons it doesnt matter what others think...and if you're worried about your friends judgment then maybe they arent the best friends to have. It sounds like its not the boob job thats getting you down but your self esteem
I'm right at 2 weeks as well and also an emotional roller coaster lol. My sister got hers done 8 weeks ago and they look amazing. You already have an amazing body that you work hard for now you have amazing boobs to go with it :D happy time!
I'm sorry your feeling down. You need to give it more time to see the results! Don't worry about what other people think all the matters is what YOU think. There will always be people who agree or disagree with your decisions in life and you cannot live life worrying about what someone else might think or say! Read lots of story's on this site it will help you. But please remember that you are the only one who matters and if someone doesn't "like" your breast augmentation so what it's not there body and its not there decision!
Give it some time honey, they will drop and soften. It wasn't until about 6 weeks PO when I could see and feel a big difference with my implants. My pecs were super tight and held onto the implants for dear life...you are in super great shape so I'm sure all your great muscle tone is doing the same. Have u started massages? My surgeon had me start squeezing the top of my implant downwards to encourage them:-) around 3 weeks but I know some surgeons don't recommend them. Could u try mentioning your distress to your PS? It is not at all uncommon to feel the blues after a surgery. Im sorry your feeling cruddy after having your BA.