Not an Easy Recovery by Any Means. Hope the Fat Takes! - Bellevue, WA

I'm 8 days post Brazilian butt lift. Been very...

I'm 8 days post Brazilian butt lift. Been very careful not to sit, lay on or put any direct pressure on my buns. This isn't easy, especially if you've had several areas liposuctioned as well and don't have a lot of "alternate" areas to lean on for support!

The fat was harvested from my upper/lower abs, flanks, lower hips, lateral back and upper arms to part of the armpit area. Needless to say, having just the lipo alone would've been a lot...but adding the fat transfer to the butt has made this one tough recovery.

I was awake for my procedure- a drug called Versed was used and something known for it's relaxation/amnesia qualities. Did it work? I don't want to scare anyone, but if you have the option of general anesthesia, I'd highly recommend it. I remember most of my procedure, including waking up to a giant needle stabbing me in the buttocks repeatedly, my legs kicking and flailing but no one doing anything to relieve my discomfort. In the end, Versed did nothing to resolve my "memory" of the procedure...so please talk to your surgeon about the type of anesthesia administered.

The day after surgery, I was almost appalled at the size of my bottom. Swelling, bandages, a Depends undergarment and sweatpants will do that. I didn't like the look of my butt as it was slightly distorted and I could see most of the fat had been placed up high (reason being- doctor said fat will drop with time)

A few days later, my bottom was still pretty sizable, but not as grotesque looking. Today, day 8, it's basically where I want it, which means, I'm sure there will be some volume loss still. I hope not much.

The staff was right about the recovery though...you'll need to baby your bottom for a while. This is not a surgery for someone averse to pain. Being that my doctor injected the fat under the muscle adds to the additional discomfort, I feel. It feels like two bricks under your skin the first several days. Pain gets better, then when I think I'm on the road to being pain-free, it kicks in again.

I opted to have everything done in one shot for the highest recovery of fat for this procedure. In turn, I've experienced a pretty rough recovery. Would I do it again? Yes. There is an investment involved in looking the way we'd like...unfortunately, this sometimes comes in the form of pain.

Pros: Immediate results/ nice new body contours. I...

Pros: Immediate results/ nice new body contours. I had a flat bottom my entire life. Finding clothes that were flattering or fit properly was an ordeal

Cons: Very painful procedure, both during and after surgery. No guarantees that fat will take. Large investment for uncertain result.

Yes indeed. It is quite a pain! But you are correct that lipo, when done correctly by a surgeon with an eye for artistry, can be a wonderful thing. Best to you.
That's great about the lipo, Sputnik!And so it goes...a repeat session may be the order for the day! I had carefully thought this over and I am thinking since I know a place here in Atlanta wo's lipo prices were really reasonable, I may just redo the lipo and NOT the BBL again n, seeing that a good lipo session will accentuate the rear. After really examining my body post op, It's really my waistline and lower back where my tattoo is, that's not slim enough. And maybe some of you considering (redoing)this costly royal pain in the ass(literally) might be able to get away with just having the lipo (re)done?!Just a thought.
Did visit with my surgeon last week to see if there was enough fat to attempt a second BBL. He said there wasn't. So that's it folks. My butt will remain as is. So in a few months, I'll do the touch-up lipo (I'm so lucky to have found someone willing to do this an no charge- I've met a few who won't). The only option would be to pack on a bunch of pounds and harvest fat in the future. Beh. Not worth it. Maybe my backside will be better 'endowed' in the next life.

Per popular demand for an update- things are...

Per popular demand for an update- things are pretty much the same. Not much fat took. Considering the amount of pain, cost and mediocre results- wasn't worth it. Looks like I'm not alone.

any update
Hello, I am trying 2 be referred to a Surgeon in Puerto Rico, does anyone have any recommendations?
Did u get the surgery done in Puerto Rico?

My doctor was forthcoming about possible results...

7 Sep 2012

My doctor was forthcoming about possible results (good and bad), post operative care and that not all patients achieve their desired results. Since I was having lipo, I figured I'd attempt a fat transfer at the same time. You win some, you lose some. In the end, my body contours are 100% better simply from the lipo... a better fat take would've just been the icing on the cake.

I had my procedure repeated and more fat harvested. The result: A better result second time around. My fat has stuck and my contours have continued to increase and improve since the 2nd procedure. I guess I was lucky to have had a few more areas the doc could harvest from... and the added volume worked.

Second fat transfer did the trick. Over 2 years later and staying put...

I had my procedure repeated about a year later (fat transfer to butt), which meant I was fortunate to have a few other areas fat could be harvested from. The result: A better result second time around. My fat has stuck and my contours have continued to increase and improve since the 2nd procedure. The added volume worked wonders. When I experience slight gains in my weight now, it has a tendency to go to my bottom.
Who was the doctor that did the procedure
can you post pics?

Though my results were not as hoped, this does not mean I was unhappy with my doctor. I did months of studying on stem cell fat transfer before my procedure and selected a doctor based on this knowledge.I selected him based on his experience with stem cell fat transfer, the high volume of them he performed and verifiably happy patients.