Extremely disappointed with my coolsculpting experience!

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH MY COOLSCULPTING...

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH MY COOLSCULPTING EXPERIENCE !!! DID NOT WORK & left me with physical pain & an empty bank account !!!!  First and foremost were you aware that if you're unhappy with the results & your clinic won't help, then you can file an official complaint with Zeltique ( the makers of the coolsculpting machine ) @ Www.coolsculpting.com. Your clinic will then be required to deal with your complaint regardless of their opinion. If Zeltique's investigation proves there were no results and your clinic still refuses to acknowledge your disappointment, then you can report them to the " Better Business Bureau" in Canada or the U.S

My first bit of advice to all of you out there is to do as much research on this topic as possible, there are literally thousands of posts out there with tons of unsatisfied clients. People like myself that ignored the info i read because i was so "desperate" to finally do something about the stubborn belly fat. My interest in this all began after my friend had a tummy tuck- paid $10G and was back to work soon after.  Can't tell you how amazing her tight flat tummy immediately looked with minimal scaring, her ab muscles were even showing for the first time in her life !!! I wanted what she had but with less pain, less cost and less invasiveness. What i recieved instead was a great amount of pain during my 3procedures lasting 6 weeks afterwards ,including no results & a loss of almost 2 thousand dollars.  I'm a petite girl with a small tummy roll, so the technician ( not a Doctor or nurse i might ad in my situation - a coolsculpting " technician" only needs a training course offered by zeltique ) She decided that i was quite tiny & only required the smaller device which cost $750 plus tax instead of the large device (which the majority of patients use ) at a whopping cost of $ 2500 !!!!! My total loss was $1700.00  but obviously could've been much worse.

The clinic eventually offered another treatment with the large device at no charge, so that totalled 3treatments in the same area with no results. The other VERY IMPORTANT thing to ad is" DO NOT GO ON A DIET SUDDENLY & LOSE WEIGHT" or it will give your treatment a FALSE positive result without a doubt. I read so many posts out there where people stated how happy they were with their results and looked so much better after losing 20-30-40 pounds on their diets during treatments. You can easily "naturally" melt fat off your body if you lost that kind of weight !!!! If your going to go ahead with the treatment anyway, then at least try the procedure without losing a pound first ( hold off your diet plan until the approximate three months waiting period is up-then you'll know for sure if it was effective )

I stayed the exact same weight throughout, but my third photosession was horrifying for some reason, the pics looked worse than before i started and the technician had the gall to ask if i had gained weight or was pushing my stomach out !!! Could'nt believe she accused me of such a thing & it was mortifying to say the least. She requested that i return at another time to retake photos, so i waited a month, made sure there was no chance of bloating- even avoided any salt for a week and didnt eat much. The day of retakes i had accidentally lost 8 pounds and was extremely upset because i know for a fact that 8 pounds on my small frame is a huge weight loss. The photos were still very disappointing & looked almost identical to the original. The technician told me at that point that i was among a few in their clinic that showed no results  ( FYI the Dr. Later denied this statement for some reason).

I'm positive my clinic would've left it at that had i not made an official complaint to Zeltique. The Dr. Asked to see me afterwards ( only because she was "forced" to ) and stated she also agreed with me regarding the fact that i had no results but she was going to wait until Zeltique made their decision before proceeding. It's been a year since my first procedure & it took 2 final months to have this matter dealt with, but finally Zeltique phoned me today and said according to their opinion- they found results from the photos. So my Dr. Said there was nothing more she could do for me at that point/ case closed. My Dr. " owns" the clinic, I can assure you there was alot more she could've done if she truly cared, considering I had been a valuable ( profitable ) client there for many years and literally spent thousands & thousands of dollars. Will never return to Bella Sante Saskatoon again & will do everything possible to make sure people understand the risks involved in this " questionable " procedure.

Coolsculpting has been around for many years now but why do you think only 3 clinics in all of Saskatchewan ( 1 here in Saskatoon ) offer this treatment and only a handful ( 8 since last checking) in all of Canada ?????  This is only one of the many comments from other clinics out there & the info basically states the " truth" about these machines.  There has been " documented evidence" by Dr.s stating that coolsculpting (otherwise known as Cryolipolysis ) has caused "damage" to the area & the patient was actually worse off after treatment ( will post the link when i find it again )

Coolsculpting will NOT tighten the skin, if it was dimply & saggy before, it will NOT CHANGE after treatment. As for each clinics before & after photos, they of course show their 1or 2 very effective patient online photos who may have spent upwards and over $10,000 getting their tummy areas, love handles thighs ect done but the ad certainly won't tell you the immense cost involved. Challenge your clinic & ask them to show you all of their patients results ( photos are done from the neck down so there's no reason why they cant show you results ) and ask what each person spent to achieve those results. It took my technician about 15min to come up with 2 photos ( that should've been my first clue that something was amiss). When they ask you to sign the " waiver form" before treatment, read it carefully and take it seriously, I experienced almost every symptom the form mentioned and could i really be that rare patient who these things just unfortunately happen to ???? "No way",  in my opinion, the technician totally sugarcoated the procedure,  when the device was applied to my belly, I slightly panicked and almost vomited !!! It was so intense and so tight that i could only take tiny short shallow breathes for the entire excruciating 60 minutes because it had most of my belly sucked into it's massively powerful vortex. My pain threshold is high & I do not exaggerate, this experience was beyond painful !!!!  ( Third treatment was slightly less painful than the first two ).

Be forthright and ask your technician or Dr. What their clinic protocol is, if the procedure doesn't work or your not satisfied...... wonder what their answer would be ? And if your already the " poor sucker" like myself who believed in this snake oil pitch & didn't receive results, then PLEASE inform ZELTIQUE !!! Do you trust your clinic to officially provide that info to them ? I certainly would'nt !  These clinics have a huge bill to pay off ( average Zeltique machine costs between $80- $100 thousand dollars ) so they have a deep invested interest in convincing you to have the treatment and or many treatments & avoid all negative publicity ) Zeltique , by law, must document all complaints & individual cases. Not sure when & where the public will ever get to hear those complaints though.

So here is what i know at this point- my girlfriend spent $10 thousand dollars and received the most amazing tummy tuck i've ever seen. The results were immediate and her scares are hardly noticeable now ( she honestly experienced less pain that myself ). My other girlfriend ( who patiently waited to see my results ) decided against coolscuplting and instead recently spent $3000 on liposuction. Her tummy area looks great & she's totally satisfied. She as well experienced less pain than i did and has a teeny almost invisible dot sized scare from the procedure. I lost almost $2000.00- have no results & went through 18 weeks of pain for absolutely nothing.

If your wondering why i havent posted before/after photos of myself, it's because the clinic refused to send them to me via email. I will try to eventually post my future 20 pound weight loss ( from 120 down to 100 pounds ) so you can clearly see what a huge difference weight loss has on the body& belly area ) once i'm at that point, my belly fat completely disappears. Just have to figure out how to stay at that weight consistantly, then i'll have saved myself thousands of $$ the natural way.

P.S. I realize there are some people out there who have achieved legitimate results and i just wanted to say congratulations, i'm happy that you didn't waste your money. This account is " my own personal experience" and i'm thankful for the opportunity to help and warn others about the possible side effects & complications of coolsculpting.
Also wanted to mention that i'm a very positive person & never complain about much of anything. Life is awesome & i'll soon get over this - even just writing it out & sharing my story has helped. I wish all of you the best regardless of what decision you make.
" La Dolce Vita"
Sincerely,
Dreamer..... from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

After posting yesterday about my last...

After posting yesterday about my last Coolsculpting experience, it was killing me that I couldn`t show the public my before and after photos. Wish I would`ve taken my own through out the process, then I could`ve posted them all in sequence here for everyone to see. This is a picture I just managed to find tucked away that my clinic, "Bella Sante Md Cosmetic & Laser Clinic" took BEFORE any treatments were done ( left side ) I had to hold my hands up in the air so they did not distract from the picture which is why my rib cage was showing at the top. You`ll notice I have a clear formed definition where the obliques are. The photo to the right is a picture I took in my bathroom today showing that it was in fact today`s date March 25th 2013 by holding the Saskatoon Star Phoenix paper in my hand. I work out regularly on a elliptical machine, mild weights and lots of stretching so I`ve never been that muscular, just toned. I honestly almost cried looking at these photos today because I completely forgot what my tummy looked like before I did this. I`ve worked out exactly the same since the first photo and I`m the exact same weight in both ( 120 pounds 5"3 tall ) but OH MY GOD !!! Does it not look like my stomach muscles are totally gone and my belly seems to protrude more now that before. In fact I MUCH PREFER my before photos !!!! This is crazy, I had no idea it looked this bad !!!! Could I actually be one of those people that came out with worse results ?!?!?!
Ok here come the tears.................this is truly unbelievable !!!!

P.S. I lost the complaint case with Zeltique for one reason. My clinic would not allow me to retake photos because of my accidental weight loss ( 8 pounds is huge ). But yet they insisted that I retake photos when it benefited them. So needless to say Zeltique said they noticed a very subtle improvement which was "obviously" only due to the weight loss and my Dr. knew that as well. If they could see these pictures now they would be as shocked as I am I`m sure

Dr. Donna Jubin

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I had coolsculpting last July for my upper abs and flanks and at the three month follow up, was so pleased that I went ahead that same day and had my lower abs done. While I was having the lower abs done, the nurse practitioner was chatting with me and said that at first the Zeltique representative told them the treatments were generally 'one and done'. but later was saying people might need retreatments. When I got to my 6 month point, the 3" loss at month 3 was gone and it was completely back. As for the lower abs, I had absolutely no results. I am so totally disappoiinted now...I neeed to go back and find my original post here and change it to not worth it. To top it off, the pain I had after the first procedure was horrible...not so much for the lower abs, but I was told what I described feels like shingles....
Two questions. 1. How can you 'accidentally' lose 8 lbs? (The day of retakes i had accidentally lost 8 pounds and was extremely upset because i know for a fact that 8 pounds on my small frame is a huge weight loss.) 2. If so unhappy how come you rated it a worth it?
thankyou for catching that huge mistake of mine. I pressed "not worth it" of course, after the story I wrote, but didn`t even notice that it didn`t process until I read your message. Second question: I did not accidentally lose 8 pounds the day of retakes, I weighed myself for the last time a week before photos, then my scale`s batteries died. I assumed I would stay the same weight when I had my appointment, but obviously I didn`t. As I said, it was very important to me to stay exactly the same weight so I could access the possible results in a very fair way. Most people don`t even think of doing that, then go ahead and lose a bunch of weight because they were inspired to do so with their huge coolscupting investment. After they eventaully gain the weight back though, I bet many people look the same as they always had before
All the best to you!!! And I didn't mean to discourage you from a tummy tuck. It took me a long time to make the decision to do it. Due to a pregnancy that resulted in a huge baby girl (love her!) and after years of trying to tone my tummy, the doctor told me there was no way to fix the torn muscles and extra skin without surgery. Seemed my only option other than living with what looked like an early pregnancy belly and since I was only 31 at the time, I opted to do it. While very painful for me, it was worth it. I wish you much success in your journey!!!!!!!
I had a tummy tuck with lipo 15 years ago and just had Coolsculpt done last week on love handles. Still waiting on results, but can tell you that the Coolsculpt was 100 times LESS painful than a tummy tuck!!! Not even close on the pain and recovery scale.
Hi there Gigi212, pain threshold is a very personal thing and obviously everyone experiences different varying degrees of it. The girlfriend with the tummy tuck had two previous C-sections, so possibly those past surgeries somehow dulled her pain, but she seemed to think that it was quite a breeze ( other than the first week ). Plus she was taking medication to help with comfort ( I never take medication for anything but desperately needed it up to 6 weeks post procedure for each of the 3 sessions, so that was 18 weeks in total. One thing I forgot to mention before is that the internal itching was so bad I couldn`t help scratching my skin sometimes till it slightly blead. Scratching never helped because the intense discomfort was deep inside the tissue. Same as all the contradicting stories out there of people who had coolsculpting, some said it wasn`t painful at all & others like myself felt close to passing out from the pain. I`m being truthful about my experience and taking the time to share it with others, hoping it helps people out there to form their own opinions and make their own decisions about doing these things to ourselves. I`m all for trying to look as good as we possibly can, just irks me when I go through pain for nothing and lose a ton of money in the process. Hindsight, wish I would`ve just had the tummy tuck and ignored Coolsculpting all together. Now it will take me longer to save up for the surgery. Sincerely wish amazing results for your love handles take care :)
I have a generally high pain tolerance. Dentists have been amazed that I don't get numbed for tooth drilling. I thought the tummy tuck would be easier on me than my friend who had it done a couple of months before me. I was shocked at how painful the recovery was!!! Coolsculpt was a walk in the park compared to that. Would be interesting to see how your friend who thought the tummy tuck was a breeze felt about a Coolsculpt experience. I'm surprised you did it 3 times since the first 2 were so bad for you. I had 4 spots done in one day (front and back love handles on both sides) and had only very mild discomfort after the appliance was removed and the technician massaged the area. It's been 5 days and I have taken no meds at all. All the best with your tummy tuck. I'm afraid if you thought Coolsulpt was bad, you are in for a hard time with the tummy tuck recovery.
Shouldn`t have mentioned comparable pain tolerance in my posting as there is really no way of comparing people`s pain thresholds when trying varying procedures, so we`ll leave it at that. My friend with the tummy tuck will "never" get coolsculpting done, so I guess she`ll never know the difference ( she doesn`t need anything else, all of her fatty areas were addressed in one procedure, even her small love handles ). And maybe one day, I`ll find out how painful tummy tuck surgery may be, but seriously I`m not afraid of the pain what so ever. If the procedure shows results which I`m positive it will, then I can easily get over the pain involved. The pain tends to linger in ones mind when one has paid thousands of dollars and received nothing in return. As for why I actually took that final "free" treatment when my experience was previously so horrible. The clinic wasn`t offering my money back and I had tried and paid for two sessions already with the small applicator, so I foolishly held out hope when they said the third try might be succesful, plus the large applicator covered more area and maybe that was what I needed in the first place. Of course it didn`t work & was less painful, most likely because I drugged myself up so much anticipating the worst that I had to wait an hour before driving home. Glad your procedure was mildly uncomfortable, your one of the lucky ones. I`m sure all those areas cost a bundle though.
$600 per spot/hour, so $2,400. If a second treatment is needed, it will be $575 per spot/hour. Two of the areas probably only need the one treatment; the other two areas might need another treatment. Same clinic/surgeon that did my tummy tuck 15 years ago. The surgeon said lipo is guaranteed to work. Coolsculpt no guarantees, even though I was thought to be a perfect candidate with only problem with love handles, no other fatty areas. I will be bummed if it doesn't work, but feel I made an informed decision. He was clear that it doesn't work for everyone. The technician also said that they are selective with who they treat.......only people with very minor fat deposits.......won't fix really fatty areas or saggy skin. She also said she had really good results on the plastic surgeon's belly (go figure.......dudes always get lucky with weight stuff!). Tomorrow is a week for me, so still hoping for the best. Either way, it was worth a try for me since I didn't want another surgical procedure.
Hi Gigi212 Your wonderful, and thankyou so much for taking the time to share all your personal info on this forum, little do you know, you've helped me make a big decision that i'm going to fully commit to from this day forward. The info you previously wrote about tummy tuck surgery was quite hard to hear and it upset me a bit at first, but you were just being honest as I hope everyone on this forum would be & it made me realize how completely different all of our experiences can be. Some will get lucky with amazing results /minimal pain- others experience disappointing possibly disastrous results and the question is how far will we go, how much will we spend or go in debt, what risks will we take to find what we're seeking ?  What exactly AM I seeking " ??? The same night i wrote my post, i came across a profound quote in my book, by the Buddha that changed everything ( along with reading over your painful recovery story )  So i'm taking a slow well planned journey over the next 5-6 months or so,  into natural weight loss ( hopefully 20 pounds ).  NO surgery or any other type of procedures for me anymore and then figure out how to keep it off. My problems before were that weight loss happened too quickly, then my body would resist because it wasn't used to the change.  Going away for awhile, so will sign out now, but i'll return in September with photos of my transformation & give everyone a chance to see if there were any negative residual effects of my unfortunate coolsculpting experience.   Take care everyone, especially you "Gigi"- will hopefully also find out about your future  (positive)  results as well. :0)
I had a tummy tuck n lipo done the pain for tummy tuck was way worse then giving birth but the doc did tighten my walls pretty good.... As far as a garented result with this procedure it's not I had one if the best doc but I honestly believe that from the results he must have given one if his students the opportunity to test out their skills with me.... My belly button is deformed he tried fixing its 3 times but it looks so bad I never wear 2 piece bikini n the whole purpose of tummy tuck was to feel good about myself show off my body which yes under clothes I got a flat tummy but am too shy to show of that horrible belly button :( the scar is awful from side to side he even had to fix one side of the scar bc it looked like a pouch... He tighten one side more then the other side so my flat tummy looks deformed as well lol So moral of this story you must becareful with every procedure and yes we could be that 1 in 1000 to get bad results..... This surgeon has even been on T.V operating on famous ppl here in Miami they are loving their results when I show mine ppl can't believe it was done by the same doctor :(