Upper Arm Liposuction - Looking Forward to Sleeveless Tops This Summer

I am 38 years old and have spent the last few...

I am 38 years old and have spent the last few years working on getting into shape and being as healthy as I can be. I workout 3-4 days a week and spend a lot of time trying to tone my whole body including my arms. But, I've been continuously disappointed that the fat on my upper arms never changed even though the rest of my body changed. The women in my family have genetically very big upper arms (I've always called them farm arms). As we age, they get saggier and turn into 'bingo wings'. For that reason, I haven't worn sleeveless tops since my 20's. Last year I had abdominoplasty to remove all the excess skin on my tummy left over pregnancy and had such a great result that I decided to get my arms done this year to complete my new look.

10 days ago I had arm liposuction on the upper arm area. I had only a local anesthetic. The initial injection of the anesthetic fluid into my arms was very uncomfortable, but not really painful. The actual fat removal was not painful at all. The whole process was pretty quick and after the compression bandage was put on I was up and moving around and feeling pretty good. I had pain the first night and took some painkillers, but by the second day I had just some soreness, but felt quite ok.

The compression garment is not very comfortable and since I move my arms so much, it has been difficult for my skin, but I have another week to go. I'm really determined to wear it as long as possible to help my skin retract as it should. The doctor said I should wait at least 2 months before assessing the retraction and of course, the recovery can continue on for months after. I am already very pleased. The difference is amazing. And I know it's going to continue to get better. I'm very excited for the summer and feeling more confident about wearing tank tops and swimming suits. Just like with my tummy tuck last year, my only regret is waiting so long!

Congratulations on such a successful outcome! Do you have any stretch marks on your arms?
No stretch marks. I have absolutely nothing that indicates that I had anything done to my arms.
Are the prices on the wellness site for real? Or do they change after consultation?

It's now almost 3 months post-op and I...

It's now almost 3 months post-op and I don't think my arms will change much more than now. I'm still very pleased. My arms look normal now and in proportion to the rest of my body. I've had lots of compliments this summer and people are amazed that I don't have any scars. I feel much more confident. There is some loose skin under the arms, but it's more the normal skin that appears a bit for someone my age so it doesn't look strange or saggy. I've posted an more recent pic to see the final result.

Hey Lena May,

So glad you are happy with the results. Did you take down the photos? I don't see them on the review for some reason. I've been considering getting arm liposuction and transfer the fat elsewhere but wanted to see real patient results. If you've taken them down, is it possible to PM me the pics? I can send you my email address from there. Also, by chance did you experience any fat redistribution? This happens to some women but not all, especially if only a small amount is removed. This is my biggest fear with getting any type of lipo/fat transfer.

Thanks so much!

- Julia
Hi this blog is very nice. it will provide a lot information about liposuction.thanks for posting this
hum your skin looks like it tightened up pretty nicely. I just started considering this, your before looks a lot like my arms and we are the same age extra sagging was my concern but yours looks really good..
Dr. Visser at the Wellness Kliniek