Upturned Nose, Will It Drop? - Belgium, BE

I went in for a rhinoplasty saturday, after a few...

I went in for a rhinoplasty saturday, after a few consultations. I've been wanting to do it for a long time, and I had a specific way I wanted it in mind. And I thought that the surgeon understood my vision. But now I'm beginning to doubt.. My nose is very upturned. And while I can believe that this is due to the swelling, it believe it shouldn't be this significant? I would love to hear a truthful answer on this..
Jeff Hoeyberghs

Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for starting your story. It looks like you're already getting some good support and feedback from the community. When does your cast come off?
Happened to me! My tips dropped a lot and i expect it will a lot after cast off~
I hope you're right! The cast just came off a few hours ago, so we'll see soon enough :)
You'll be fine! I took my cast off an hour ago~ And if it drops a pinch, it'll be absolutely perfect! :D Keep us updated! X
I had Rhino' done 3 weeks ago and when my cast came up, my nose was very turned up and looked like Miss Piggy lol. My Dr said he did this because he knew the nose tip would 'drop'. He was right. 3 weeks later and as the swelling has gone down, I no longer have a piggy nose. Trust your Dr. I know it's hard - I really panicked at first! We wont see our final results for 6 months - ugh, so hard to be patient but it's worth the wait!
Yeah it's really hard to trust him when your nose looks so different from before.. Makes you doubt your decision.. But it's very comforting to know that your nose dropped, so hopefully my piggy nose will do too. Thankyou :)
I am having difficulty telling which is before and which is after.
The cast is purposely placed like that to support the tip! Mine was exactly the same.. Wait till' cast removal to judge and even then WAIT before making snap judgements. I am 3 weeks post up and my nose is still rather upturned at the moment, but the nose needs time to heal and settle (it just went through MAJOR trauma). I know the time waiting is hard, TRUST ME! Just went back to school today for the first time after surgery, really nervous.. nobody noticed anything, it's ALL in your head! You are likely gonna dislike/hate your nose after cast removal (I did), but trust me, things will improve fast in the beginning... Avoid looking in the mirror constantly and don't stress.. stress will only prolong your healing .. relax, stay elevated, hydrated, use cold compressions, eat healthy (low salty foods).. Your are welcome to send me a private message, reassurance is comforting ! I am rhino90 ...
Ok this gives me hope!! I'll just have to take your advice and stop stressing about this.. Thanks a lot for sharing this with me! It means a lot.
So glad I could help. I am making a pig-nose-reassurance-thread as we speak, WITH PICTURES! I should be done in 30 minutes. I will post pictures of my tip drop progress from wearing the cast and till the tip has settled! I can link to it here when I'm done. Then you can see my nose with the cast on, it's exactly the same !!!!!
Crap, forgot that everything in America has to be approved so the thread will be available tomorrow or something. Also, I could only upload ONE picture (wtf). I don't have access to it before it's approved but I will find a way to upload more ;)
Link me too!! Cool idea~ I was thinking a timeline of realself users progress!
It's hard to tell by the pictures you posted.