Chin & Jaw Reduction Surgery with Dr Bart van de Ven

Surgery booked & planned for september with Dr...

surgery booked & planned for september with Dr Frans Noorman van der Dussen

procedures_
•sliding genioplasty
•mandibular angle reduction
•lower boarder mandibular shave

My chin is too vertically long and also too wide, I also suffer from a square boxy jaw.
I dream for a beautiful oval and feminine face! although I don't have much hopes for that, I do hope there will be an improvement I will be happy with . .

Also wish to have rhinoplasty surgery with Lucian Ion, whom I have consulted.
Thanx. Its all with its risks. I just think sometimes the risks might be worth it and othertimes not. Hoping mine is worth it. Will post pics when I go thru with it.
Are you from Belgium? Because I am. I have been on a consultation with Frans Noorman van der Dussen. I have been thinking about making a change on my nose, chin and jawline as well. Could I add you anywhere so we can talk more freely?
Not from belgium. Sorry. In north america. Sure feel free to add me elsewhere. U can pass on an email

#monster

can only hope surgery will bring a real change, I dread a subtle nonexistent result.
& still also need that nose done...
Hey. I've been on several consultations with this doctor and am planning on having sliding genioplasty done as well, along with rhinoplasty and something with my jaws.
hello, Sorry I haven't seen your comment until now. Have you booked your surgery at all yet?

what i'd like

Awesome, hope the surgery turns out well and that the result will be very pleasing!! Heal well ! :) Is it possible to post some pics a few weeks after surgery? Thanks in advance!
Yes, lets hope so ! Yes I will update for people whom are interested in the surgery, however I have decided to change surgeons

change of plan

have decided to change surgeons to Bart van de Ven.
I have done this because of more information and pictures of Bart's work being available, I become uneasy of the results that nvdd could achieve as Ive barely seen any photos and what I have seen of his work is very subtle.
Bart has some impressive and blatant chin reductions in his portfolio, this is what I need.
I hope he'll try his best for me
I have had a consultation with Bart Van de Ven and will have one with Noorman Van der Dussen in September. I am Belgian too. I'd like to have a jaw reduction, lip lift and revision rhinoplasty. Bart Van de Ven's work does look good but I have read that Noorman Van der Dussen has a particularly good eye for the aesthetics of your face as a whole. How much did both doctors say that they'd shave off your jaw? Bart Van de Ven told me that the ideal female jaw starts 3 cm beneath the ear. But that's one dimension. I don't really understand how the ideal proportions are horizontally.
Evelynnn I'm from Belgium as well. I have had a consultation with Noorman Van der Dussen. He does seem to have a good eye for aesthetics. Can I add you on facebook to talk about it? Ik praat dus Nederlands :)
I've sent you a private message. In het Nederlands:)

glad to be home

done, home, swollen.
hope it was worth it.

If anyone wants info on the clinic, care or hotel to stay etc.
Pm me, be happy to answer any questions.
Hi replicalove, I might want to go to this surgeon as well and I want the same kind of procedure. Is it possible to see some before and after pics? Thanks in advance :)
I will write a better review with pictures once my swelling subsides and can make a comment about the result

swelling

The swelling has to deflate and I believe a smaller face is emerging ! However, what is left is concentrated under and around my chin so I still can't really make out how much length has been reduced.
I'm slightly concerned I may have some skin sag under my chin, but hopefully it is just swelling. . .
For those planning to undergo such surgery, I really recommend these 3 things.

Bromelain Capsules - really does help with the swelling

Arnica Gel ( don't really rate the pills or the cream, found them useless! )

Beeswax Lip Balm ( peppermint) - I've had no peeling or dry lips whilst using this and the peppermint really helps refresh.

Bruising

Bruising mainly on neck really

one thing I've noticed.

I seem to have lost some of my ability to taste, most things now taste of nothingness and I seem to want to put extra salt on everything for any sort of flavour.
I can't taste chocolate, omg :(

Dent and sagging

I feel awful today.
I seem to have a very obvious dent on he side of my face at first i thought it was bruising but it is actually a shadow, this side used to be my "good" side so to speak, so now this side matches my otherside, ugly all around.
It seems to be created by sagging skin underneath and perhaps swelling above as it looks like ive got a saggy jowl. I really do hope this goes as it looks as though i still have swelling this side, tthe skin underneath though? I doubt it. Feel like giving up today tbh.

+ dent

????
Hi melonhead, I have just gone under surgery to shorten my chin 3 days ago (I am an Asian girl with very narrow face and long, v-shaped chin. Sometimes I feel I look like a witch). My chin is just like yours right now, swollen with a feeling of sagging skin. But don't be worried. I have a friend who had this type of surgery before and she said its normal, just swelling and it will deflate within 2 months. Hugs :):):)
Heya, thankyou for the comment and assurance! It is nice to hear from someone going through the same thing, may I ask if you're numb at all? still can't feel my chin at all! is kind of gross to touch ha

sagging or swelling

collage of swelling&bruises

lol, if anyone was interested.
This is about as severe as my swelling/bruising got, not god awful just odd looking.

my before photos

Hi melonhead, I wonder what is going on your side! My chin nearly got over the swelling phase now, but the double chin is still there and I am now so depressed every time looking at this in mirrors. I don't know if it will ever go... :(
Aw don't despair! ; 3 ; On a forum someone said they had the same thing and was quite upset about it but thought it was perhaps down due to their age, but it eventually went away on it's own - it's just the skin redraping it's self over the new structure. Hopefully shall be the same for us !! Still very early days for you! Theres not much new with me, I think my smile is slowly starting to return to a more normal position. I however still have really lopsided swelling, not liking how my left jaw looks at the moment, look's kind of jowly. Will try and post another picture when I'm looking less of a hobo x

sag/swelling? lumpy alien head

i'm not liking things atm.

whatever.

If my chin is actually smaller, all I can think is jesus I truely was a freak of nature before.
Because to me it is still big, I do not look anymore attractive infact I think I look even older and more gaunt with a weird saggy jaw line.
I don't think there is anything badly done with my surgery as such nor do I have any regret of doing it at this moment, it's just I probably need a hell alot of other things done to my face and alot more money invested to make me anywhere near attractive or normal looking and unfortunately I just do not have the money.

So I suppose I will just somehow to accept that I will never be pretty, normal, or even average, just ugly and continue living a half life because of it.
Melonhead, I think you have the after-plastic surgery blues/depression. It is very common. It is difficult to accept the new you, even though it improved your looks. You've not learnt how to adapt your hair style to your new face, how to smile, etc. That takes time. You're also still far from the final stage of healing. Ugly is really in your head. I haven't seen a full picture of you but what I've seen is far from ugly. Accept your depression phase, we all go through that, it will pass!
Maybe. Obviously I wasn't happy with my looks before the surgery, hence why I did it. It just feels all my problems I had before are still there and seem to be even more highlighted now? especially my faceshape and jaw line, now the skin is even more saggy it is even more unsupported and the shape I set out to get rid of is now exaggerated or at least the tissue is, it sticks out horribly. I wish Icould somehow have it tightened/pulled back and then it would be alot better.

I can whistle again :D

Hopefully this is a good sign.
One thing though, I keep noticing sometimes when I talk or move my jaw a certain way I get this weird crunching feeling/sound? I dont' really know how to describe it or liken it to.
I don't know if this is my stitches or my actual jaw/bones? don't know if anyone else has had this.

Perhaps totally unrelated but I have noticed a couple times when I have woken up I have been clenching my teeth, which worries me as obviously don't want to create pressure on the jaw too hard or whatever. I don't think I've ever done this before, not sure if it's perhaps just stress related.

quick update

just a quick update to say I'm fairly happy with my result, I do still have saggy skin around my jaw line and the dent that I've previously mentioned but I'm hoping it will tighten with time, after all it is still early days.
My chin & jaw is starting to feel a little bit sore as the numbness wears off, esp if I accidently knock it but feeling is returning.
It is still very very muted and tingley but at least when I prod places there is some sort of nerve "reply" if that makes sense.
I will try to update with proper pictures soon, I may also be having an xray taken by my dentist apparantly he can overlap images to my previous 3d scan to see exactly how much has been removed etc, I will post it here if I do it, will be quite interesting to see actually what's been removed.
Hey melonhead, it's so nice to hear that you are getting well. I'm eager to see your pics!!!

picture

I haven't really taken pictures since my surgery.
But I took this quick snap in an attempt to show the difference so far, I will try to get a better picture uploaded at some point.
I feel that the difference is much more noticeable in real life.
Wow, you look really good. Congratulations! How do you look at 45° and 90°? You're happy with that look also?
I find hard to take a "selfie" which is at the same sort of angle as a surgery pre-op photo, but hopefully it illustrates the chin anyway.
Frans Noorman van der Dussen