Chin & Jaw Reduction Surgery with Dr Bart van de Ven

Surgery booked & planned for september with Dr...

surgery booked & planned for september with Dr Frans Noorman van der Dussen

procedures_
•sliding genioplasty
•mandibular angle reduction
•lower boarder mandibular shave

My chin is too vertically long and also too wide, I also suffer from a square boxy jaw.
I dream for a beautiful oval and feminine face! although I don't have much hopes for that, I do hope there will be an improvement I will be happy with . .

Also wish to have rhinoplasty surgery with Lucian Ion, whom I have consulted.

#monster

can only hope surgery will bring a real change, I dread a subtle nonexistent result.
& still also need that nose done...

what i'd like

change of plan

have decided to change surgeons to Bart van de Ven.
I have done this because of more information and pictures of Bart's work being available, I become uneasy of the results that nvdd could achieve as Ive barely seen any photos and what I have seen of his work is very subtle.
Bart has some impressive and blatant chin reductions in his portfolio, this is what I need.
I hope he'll try his best for me

glad to be home

done, home, swollen.
hope it was worth it.

If anyone wants info on the clinic, care or hotel to stay etc.
Pm me, be happy to answer any questions.

swelling

The swelling has to deflate and I believe a smaller face is emerging ! However, what is left is concentrated under and around my chin so I still can't really make out how much length has been reduced.
I'm slightly concerned I may have some skin sag under my chin, but hopefully it is just swelling. . .
For those planning to undergo such surgery, I really recommend these 3 things.

Bromelain Capsules - really does help with the swelling

Arnica Gel ( don't really rate the pills or the cream, found them useless! )

Beeswax Lip Balm ( peppermint) - I've had no peeling or dry lips whilst using this and the peppermint really helps refresh.

Bruising

Bruising mainly on neck really

one thing I've noticed.

I seem to have lost some of my ability to taste, most things now taste of nothingness and I seem to want to put extra salt on everything for any sort of flavour.
I can't taste chocolate, omg :(

Dent and sagging

I feel awful today.
I seem to have a very obvious dent on he side of my face at first i thought it was bruising but it is actually a shadow, this side used to be my "good" side so to speak, so now this side matches my otherside, ugly all around.
It seems to be created by sagging skin underneath and perhaps swelling above as it looks like ive got a saggy jowl. I really do hope this goes as it looks as though i still have swelling this side, tthe skin underneath though? I doubt it. Feel like giving up today tbh.

+ dent

????

sagging or swelling

collage of swelling&bruises

lol, if anyone was interested.
This is about as severe as my swelling/bruising got, not god awful just odd looking.

my before photos

sag/swelling? lumpy alien head

i'm not liking things atm.

whatever.

If my chin is actually smaller, all I can think is jesus I truely was a freak of nature before.
Because to me it is still big, I do not look anymore attractive infact I think I look even older and more gaunt with a weird saggy jaw line.
I don't think there is anything badly done with my surgery as such nor do I have any regret of doing it at this moment, it's just I probably need a hell alot of other things done to my face and alot more money invested to make me anywhere near attractive or normal looking and unfortunately I just do not have the money.

So I suppose I will just somehow to accept that I will never be pretty, normal, or even average, just ugly and continue living a half life because of it.

I can whistle again :D

Hopefully this is a good sign.
One thing though, I keep noticing sometimes when I talk or move my jaw a certain way I get this weird crunching feeling/sound? I dont' really know how to describe it or liken it to.
I don't know if this is my stitches or my actual jaw/bones? don't know if anyone else has had this.

Perhaps totally unrelated but I have noticed a couple times when I have woken up I have been clenching my teeth, which worries me as obviously don't want to create pressure on the jaw too hard or whatever. I don't think I've ever done this before, not sure if it's perhaps just stress related.

quick update

just a quick update to say I'm fairly happy with my result, I do still have saggy skin around my jaw line and the dent that I've previously mentioned but I'm hoping it will tighten with time, after all it is still early days.
My chin & jaw is starting to feel a little bit sore as the numbness wears off, esp if I accidently knock it but feeling is returning.
It is still very very muted and tingley but at least when I prod places there is some sort of nerve "reply" if that makes sense.
I will try to update with proper pictures soon, I may also be having an xray taken by my dentist apparantly he can overlap images to my previous 3d scan to see exactly how much has been removed etc, I will post it here if I do it, will be quite interesting to see actually what's been removed.

picture

I haven't really taken pictures since my surgery.
But I took this quick snap in an attempt to show the difference so far, I will try to get a better picture uploaded at some point.
I feel that the difference is much more noticeable in real life.

sagging is very severe

just noticed when trying to take a flash photography picture of my face, realised how severe the sagging udner my chin is as well as the dent.. feeling rather depressed.

pictures of sagging

frnt

swear sagging is getting worse than better! :(

Frans Noorman van der Dussen