39 Years Old - Traveled to Lebanon for Good Results - Beirut

I've always been interested in getting a nose job,...

I've always been interested in getting a nose job, but just scared. I'm from Australia and my sister did hers here and it was unsuccessful, leaving her with a wider bridge, a collapsed left nostril and tip leaning towards the left. She paid AUD $11,000 and got it redone with the same surgeon for free (minus AUD $6,000 hospital fees). Her final results are better than before but she still had the tip leaning towards the left with a nostril depression. After this experience I was put off, however I came to this site and saw that people did get good results. I did my homework and understood the risks involved. I contacted a few doctors from Thailand and Lebanon. I searched their credentials and their before/after patient pics and went with Dr Charbel Medawar. His style show natural looking results that suit individual faces, not having the same nose on every patient. I asked him for a 'softer' look for my face and my eyes. My eye hoods were uneven with one droopier than the other, and the tip of my nose bulbous. I was happy with his communication with me. I made an appointment with a surgery date to follow. When I arrived at his office in Beirut, Lebanon ... I had also asked about other procedures, which he refused and deemed unnecessary and he said he only liked to do surgeries he was confident in getting "perfect" results. That itself made me very comfortable with my decision.

I did the surgery Rhynoplasty and Blepharoplasty on the 12th August with an overnight stay. The Doc came at night and explained to me that the surgery went well (I also have Thrombocytopenia, which causes a low platelet count) and he did my surgery with a 70,000 count. They did the blood tests beforehand to make their final decision. So glad it was a yes.

I've heard of the great healing properties of raw foods, so I've been literally on raw juices pre surgery 2 days and will continue this process till I feel it's no longer beneficial to me.

Day 7 - removal of eye and nose sutures.

Yesterday evening (day 7) I went in to get my sutures removed. I'm so glad I got the nose stuffing removed the day after surgery. I was so anxious about the removal of these stitches that I felt I was having severe anxiety all day in waiting. When I got to his office, the whole process of removing the sutures to cleanup was a piece of cake. In my mind I felt so silly for worrying. I have to say I am so pleased with the results. My nose is so natural looking which is the look I was going for. I wanted my rhinoplasty to give me softer looking features and that's exactly what the Doc delivered.

Note: I believe that doing the fresh juicing this whole time in recovery probably helped speed up my recovery. Dr. Medawar told me I was his first patient that had very little buildup of nose crust post surgery. I was breathing through my nose since day 2 of the post surgery. I do also believe he's a very skilled surgeon in that he must have done a great job with little damage to the surrounding areas. Having the Thrombocytopenia condition which means I have a tendency to bleed excessively and heal really slow shows the doctors great skills in being success with only a 70 thousand platelet count. I'll add photos of day 7, all no makeup ... and when I get a chance I'll put one up as my usual self all fixed up.

time to get out...

I am still considering this a vacation so I decided to go out. I didn't tape my nose, but it's 5am in God video and I'll tape it when I very back. The doc said about 3 weeks worth of nose taping! ... The tape had made the skin on my nose hurt when peeling off, so I'll try keep the tape on for two days or so at a time.
Dr. Charbel Medawar, MD, MSc, FRCSC

Very professional. Communication was great and with a clear understanding of how to explain the procedure he envisioned for you via email or phone if necessary. I highly recommend him.