I am 45, 5'5", 194 lbs. I have been up...

I am 45, 5'5", 194 lbs. I have been up and down in my weight all my life. I have a huge fat roll in my lower abdomen that won't go away even if I am at a lower weight. My sister had a full tummy tuck several years ago and everything she told me she went through I knew I did not want that.

I thought this Smart Lipo sounded like what I needed. I am not looking to get into a bikini or anything I just want to look better in clothes, especially pants. I have a lot of stretch marks too so I know that I am not going to have a "beautiful" stomach, I just want to lose the roll.

I am scheduled for Smart Lipo on 29 April 2011. I have been reading all the reviews and tips on RealSelf and I think I am really ready to do this. I will post pictures before the procedure.

I picked up my antibiotics and valium today. I am...

I picked up my antibiotics and valium today. I am still looking at reviews and videos to make sure I get a really good idea of what I am getting myself into. What I have learned so far is there is going to be some pain during the procedure especially when they start putting the numbing fluid in. I will probably be numb for a little while after I have the procedure but when it wears off it will hurt. I will be bruised (I bruise easy any way). I need to have someone around to help me out of bed for the first 24-48 hours. It is going to take at least 3 months to see good results. The compression garment is really uncomfortable but is the key to getting good results.

I have Bromelain already and I am going to pick up more plus some Arnica. I bought another compression type garment that I read about in one of the threads called Flexees and it is a tank top with a compression element built in. I am going to pick up some ice packs to use on and off. I need to get some old towels to have in the car for the trip home and also some puppy training pads to have on the bed to keep the sheets and mattress safe.

That's all I can remember right now, I am still looking around for tips so if you have any to share please post them here.

I just noticed I didn't say what I was having...

I just noticed I didn't say what I was having done, I will be having upper and lower abs + flanks. I got a reduced price for bundling everything. They charge $2500 per body part. The total was $7500 but was discounted to $6000 for bundling then they were running a marketing special (grand opening) with a coupon for $1200 off so that is how it ended up being $4800. Bad part is you have to pay up front and there is no refund. They better do a good job! I told my husband I was going to tell them up front I am writing this review so they better take darn good care of me! LOL.

Adding new picture for Rock to see. Well, the...

Adding new picture for Rock to see.

Well, the surgery place called me yesterday and I missed the call. I've called back twice and got a machine. I called again and the girl at the front desk didn't want to talk to me because the other girl had called so she said the girl would call me back after surgery and I said she could call me at 6 and it is now 9. Not going well for customer service so far.

I picked up all of my supplies today. Maxi-pads,...

I picked up all of my supplies today. Maxi-pads, Arnica, Bromelain, paper pads to put on the bed and a waterproof pad to put between the sheet and the mattress. At CVS they had an epsom rub, takes the place of getting into the tub with epsom salts. Tonight I am going to get things set up around my bed so I won't have to go far to get things. My bedroom is upstairs so not sure once I get upstairs, when I will go down again. Can't wait for tomorrow!!

Adding new before photos. These are in my bathing...

Adding new before photos. These are in my bathing suit. I pulled up the piece that normally covers my belly. You can see my figure better in these photos.

Well, I had my procedure yesterday. I went in at 5...

Well, I had my procedure yesterday. I went in at 5 pm to get prepped and that went fairly well. I didn't feel the numbing shots or the fluid going in except when he was near my ribs. The Dr. ended up doing Vaser instead of Smart Lipo. Again I didn't have any issues with the Vaser except for near the ribs. You can see in my photos that is where I had the most bruising. Everything went really well until he wanted me to stand up to do some suctioning and my hypogylcemia kicked in and I just couldn't do it. The tech tried to put another IV in to try to put some more floods in but my veins had shut down (I have issues with my veins) she tried about 8 times and then we gave up. I had a box of juice and felt better by the time to go. Since he couldn't get the extra fluid out I am really leaking a lot of fluid but that is okay. I still have a lot of loose skin on the bottom but I think I will lose some of that with the fluid loss too. I am really happy with the look so far but again lots of fluid to get rid of and swelling. My compression garments are a really huge ace bandage and a wrap around brace type thing, reminds me of a back support. I am also wearing the Flexee tank top so three layers of compression right now. I am attaching my Day 1 after pictures. I will try to take some every few days.

I forgot to mention that I have had very little...

I forgot to mention that I have had very little pain. I am just taking Tylenol every 4-6 hours. I am sure I will get more sore as time goes on, already kind of feels like I did a really intense ab workout. I have to agree with others that have posted that it isn't a lunch time procedure. If you have to work on Monday, I would suggest a Friday evening procedure so you can hopefully finish leaking by Monday.

I also forgot to mention that they took about 5 tubes of fat out of me, would have been more if we could have finished. I am not sure how many cc's or liters that is but they said I broke the record for the office...not sure if that is a good thing...LOL.

Day 3. Everything is going okay. The tape to hold...

Day 3. Everything is going okay. The tape to hold the pads on is really irritating my skin. I hope I will stop leaking soon so I can stop using the tape. The bottom is still very baggy, I hope that this will go away. I am not in too much pain, just uncomfortable when I have the compression bandage on too tight. I did drive today and went to Target.

One thing I hadn't seen anyone mention is that there is a lot of gas the second day so make sure you have some Gas-X. Definitely make sure you have a waterproof mattress cover and some chucks to sleep on. I have leaked the last couple nights and had to get up and change all my bandages and clothes.

Posting pictures for Day 3 below. Hopefully, tomorrow I can take them without the pads on.

Updated Picture 3 Captions

Updated Picture 3 Captions

Day 5. Feeling really sore and fat today. I think...

Day 5. Feeling really sore and fat today. I think I have some swelling, pictures don't look that great today. Fitting into my clothes better though so that is one of the things I really wanted out of all of this. Down the road I am going to have to go get the excess skin taken out but I can live with it for now. I would like to really build up my stomach muscles and see how that looks and go from there. I will start working on abs as soon as I get the okay from the Dr.

Day 7. Today is a week since my procedure. I...

Day 7. Today is a week since my procedure. I think it is looking better today even though the pictures didn't turn out that great. I had thumb surgery yesterday so didn't feel like standing too long. I still have a lot of fluid coming out the right side I've lost count how many times I have changed it. I hope it stops soon. It has been really hard getting bandages and compression garments on with one hand! since I have mostly been laying in bed I started doing isometric ab work, I think it is helping. Time to go, hate typing with one hand. I will post new pictures in 2 days.

Adding Day 7 captions to pictures.

Adding Day 7 captions to pictures.

Day 9. Posting updated pictures. Everything seems...

Day 9. Posting updated pictures. Everything seems to be settling down except for the drainage from the right side. I have to change the pad 4-5 times a day. I have my follow up Tuesday but I hope it will stop by then.

Day 11. I had my follow-up today. All is well, Dr...

Day 11. I had my follow-up today. All is well, Dr. thinks that the bottom sag will tighten up more over time but will probably still be loose just because it was so stretched. I knew that going in so no surprise there. I think the photos are looking really good today. I will post 2 week photos on Friday.

Today is 2 weeks since my procedure! I think...

Today is 2 weeks since my procedure! I think things are going well. I really need to take wearing my compression garments more seriously. They are just so uncomfortable! I am happy with the results so far, still hoping that the lower half will tighten up some but I am liking how my clothes are fitting. I am getting ready to start the Slim n 6 series now that I am fairly well healed up. I had great results with the program before and am hoping that it will help with the ab area. I am posting my before swim suit pictures and pictures from today. I will probably only post weekly from here on out.

Week 3. It has been 3 weeks since my procedure. I...

Week 3. It has been 3 weeks since my procedure. I continue to wear a compression underwear during the day but don't wear anything at night. I am quite happy with the look and I believe there is some tightening of the skin on the bottom but I don't believe it will get totally flat. I am definitely going to have to get smaller pants, I am holding my size 16s up with a belt. I will post some more pictures in a week.
Pure MD (Dr. Kamal Morar)

My friend came and sat in the room with me and we had a really fun time during the procedure. Cons were that I kind of felt abandoned after I had my hypoglycemia episode. Also, I wish they had a nurse to assist instead of a med tech. She was really super nice but just for peace of mind I would have preferred to have a nurse but then I guess it would cost more. Also, please note that none of the Doctor's at Pure MD are not board certified plastic surgeons just in case that is one of your criterias.

He took out 8 pounds of fat but I dont know how much fluid. I will just have to follow instructions and wait and see.
Posting new pics today. So far I am not happy with the results. You will see what i mean. The change is minimal even though it has only been 7 days. I wear the garment constantly except to shower. I am massaging the skin also. My jeans are a littel looser in the waist but thats it. I hope this improves or my verdict will be, not worth the pain and money. Your stomach was significantly flatter than mine even the day following your procedure. I didn't expect a flat stomach but I also hoped most of the rolls on my stomach and back would be flattened out and so far they really aren't. I will try to be patient but I am depressed at this point.
How are you draining? Looks like you have a lot of fluid in there still. How much fluid did he remove when he suctioned it out? I had about 5 tubes.
Hey there! I had a tummy tuck done 6 weeks ago. I am not sure what your sister went through but I really did not have real pain. The most was 2/10. Everyone is different . . . just cuz your sister went through a hard time it doesnt mean you will. I am 150% happy that I did this. I know only lipo wouldnt have gotten rid of the extra skin, which caused a roll. I hope you are happy you did this. I wish you the best results at the end! Take care :-) I am looking to have lipo done on my upper back. Yuck, I hate the bra rolls LOL !!
Day 5. I am still wrapped in adhesive foam and the garment. While I am not supposed to take it off I did pull it down to clean the hole marks and I can see the wrinkled skin through the gaps in the foam. The excessive stretch marks from numerous pregnancies exacerbated that. I am actually dreading what I am going to look like when this is removed. I dont feel any thinner. I feel like I am in a cast. After the first night of dizziness, weakness and some pain which wasn't bad enough to even take a Tylenol for, I did fine. The adhesive is itchy and the binding is uncomfortable but I can tell it protects my bruised skin from injury in addition to supporting the area. I go to the Dr. tomorrow to have the padding removed. Imagine ripping a bandaid off 25% of your body. Ouch!
Good luck tomorrow! I hope all goes well and you are happy with your results, just remember it is going to take some time to get your final results. Can't wait to see the pictures!
You are looking so much better. So are you pleased with how you look in your clothes? I think it might be nice to tuck in a shirt without feeling self conscious for the first time in 6 years. We will see. I will post again as soon as I am able. Talk to you soon I hope.
Dayton,
Your pictures are looking better all the time. Glad it went so well for you. I know I will have that drooping skin also and may have to consider fixing it in the future but my Dr. said give it a good six months before deciding. I wonder how badly that roll of skin is going to show under a bathingsuit? Yikes! Maybe I will spend more time in the backyard pool and less at the beach. lol It will be nice to wear a tank top without a roll of fat hanging over it though.
Rock
Thanks! I am anxiously awaiting seeing the Dr. next week for the follow-up to see what he thinks. Hoping time and exercise will make it a little better. My sister called it "Ken Syndrome" because it makes your private area look like a Ken Doll's private area. A little disturbing...LOL, I will need a very supportive bottom om my swimsuit! Can't wait to see your results next week.
wow you lost alot of weight!
Wow, that is great to hear! I hope you are really pleased with the results. I read over the waiver and now my concern has switched to the slim chance of an embolism, a fat embolism is more likely than an blood clot with lipo. You are past worrying about that since they normally occur 24-72 hours post lipo or even a day or so later, I smoke. Raise my risk level there. Part of this is nerves but I also have a history of ALWAYS being in the worst casse scenario group. If something can go wrong it usually does for me. I cant tell you how many times I have heard "this isnt common" or "we usually dont see ths in people your age". I am always the damn exception to the rule. Have you ever heard of eating pineapple to aid before surgery? I am going to look that one up. I am also going to try to use my electronic ciagrettes more and drink a few rivers worth of water prior to next Wednesday.
Are you going to check with your MD like your husband wanted? I would also be a little scared because of the smoking that always seems to be an issue for most things.

I am taking Bromelain, which is the extract from Pineapples. I got it from the health food store. I have taken it before just for general blotting. I take it twice a day right now.

I am doing pretty good today. I just want these holes to quit leaking already! I bought some support panties to give me some more compression on the trouble spot down below. Not sure how that is going to work out. I am really happy with the reduction in size, now I just need to get my butt working out to reduce the size of it!! No lipo down there.
Hi Angie,
Look at Dayton 5826 as she had the procedure done a few days ago. Those pics are hers. She has been great with info. I am going to the cosmetic surgeon tomorrow morning and I will post what info I get from him. I dont have anything scheduled yet. I am really concerned about a couple of thngs but mostly the sag of loose skin at this point. I like the results Dayton got except for the droopng skin which I have read will tighten up.
rock1
hi.. thats amazing result am looking foward to have smartlipon as well am also 195pound how many pounds now after your. smartlipo??
I am down to 186. I didn't really do it for weight loss though and the Dr's will say that this isn't for weight loss. I was in size 16 and my jeans were falling off this morning!
Send me the link when they get posted. I did the belly one after kids and it was the most painful by far! I am hoping that it will improve with the lipo, I really want the top of the star to not sag any more. I have a butterfly on the back I will have to take a picture of that for you to see. I got it last year. I also have one on my shoulder. Anyway it took a day for my thread to post so send me the link when they tell you that your post is approved.
After this you can add another tattoo to your belly! lol I have a lot of ink but none on my stomach. Four kids ruined any chances of a belly tat.
I saw that you sent me a personal message on my phone but I can't find it here on the website!
Dayton, I just posted 2 pics. Dont know how long it will take before they appear on site though.
Well the hysterectomy probably did you in, in terms of wieght loss too. I checked out plastic/cosmetic surgeons and some were just unbelievably expensive. I dont want to bargain shop but $250 for a consultation, paid in advance of appointment and I am told he is much higher than others. I found a doctor with no malpractice history and 13 years experience so I will meet with him. I am concerned over several things. The down time is one. I dont heal well or quickly. I am always in so much pain from my back and hip that all I need is something else adding to the feeling that I have been run over by a truck. A couple of days I can handle though. I will have to speak to him about realistic expectations. I keep looking at pics online but no one has quite the same shape as me so it is hard to tell what the outcome may be. Your pics came closest. I think my lower gut hangs more than yours does. I just have to get rid of this. I know you are having it done in a day or so and I really hope it goes great for you. I am going to try to attach pics but can't figure out how to do that yet. lol
Rock
$250 for a consultation?? That is crazy! I hope the doctor you found can give you a good idea of what to expect. Are you looking at doing the Smart Lipo or regular Lipo?

I fortunately am going to be in between jobs and just plan to lay around and heal. I am going to have surgery on my right thumb joint in a week so I am really not going to be doing much at all. I really do hope that getting some of this fat off will help with my back, hip, knees, and feet. I am taking 2000mg of Neurontin a day and my Dr thinks maybe I should be getting epidural shots too. It is never ending!

I think my lower abs hang a little more than what is in the picture, I think maybe my pants were holding it up a little. I will try to take another one with just my underwear. I will definitely keep you updated though :) I can't believe the day is almost here!
I added another picture with the overhang.
Thats me too. Bursitis, tendonitis, arthritis, all in hip and back from scoliosis. The four kids didn't help my stomach appearance, thats for sure. I have been researching this a lot but your post was most helpful, thank you.
I was up over 200 with both of my kids and my last son weighed 9 lbs 12 oz, so I was huge! My lower stomach has never been the same even when I would get down to 150 - 160 range. I had a hysterectomy a year ago and my upper abs started growing, along with the immobility of the bad back I just can't get ahead. Hoping once I have this done, and diet with Nutrisystem and swimming I can be in halfway decent shape again.

I am glad I can help you, I hope you find a good doctor and get good results!
My stomach looks a lot like your but I have more stretch marks. My age, weight and height are near yours as well. I'm shorter but weigh a little less. I too am only looking to fit better into my clothes as i can't seem to shed the gut. I have mobility problems so cardio isn't possible to the extent it will help. I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the procedure, recover and results. I do hope you post pics both after the procedure and as time progresses. I am going to consult with a doctor next week about having my midsection done but I am a little apprehensive, mostly about having so much sagging skin I may not be able to look at myself in a mirror again. I wish you the best of luck.