Too early to tell. The experience was positive though.

I'm very hopeful that I will experience some of...

I'm very hopeful that I will experience some of what the 75% have on this site. I'm going in for a full neck on the 30th of May. I will post before and after. My procedure will cost 2000.00 for a full neck, meaning they will do under my chin and on my neck (excluding the middle area where the thyroid is). I am 56 years old and I've lost 12 pounds in the last year so I have some sagging in the neck area that really bothers me. I'm hoping to tighten that up a bit. I'm realistic about the results. I know I won't have my 20 something neck back, but would be happy with my pre weight lose neck at this point. Thank you to all the posters that have submitted pictures and their experience. I couldn't have made my final decision to do this without all of you.

A very positive experience!

I just had my Ultherapy done yesterday. It was a very positive experience for me. I know everyone's pain threshold is different, but after reading all the posts about how painful it was, I was psyched up for a terrifying experience and it wasn't. It was actually very nice.

My treatment was done by an experienced RN, Karen. She couldn't have been nicer. First, I had to sign the release form, then an assistant put numbing cream all over my neck (I just had full neck done). Then I paid for the procedure (because after the meds I would have been a little loopy). Then Karen gave me two 5mg valium and a shot of demerol in my bottom. I laid down on the table and we waited for the drugs to kick in which took about 15 minutes (the valiums were sublingual so they started working pretty quickly). Karen started by giving me many lidocane shots all over my neck area, I would say maybe 30-35 little shots. They stung a little but honestly no big deal.

Then she started the treatment. I couldn't feel anything most of the time, even on the higher setting. There were maybe two times I felt a zap and a stinging kind of tingling, but it's over so fast it really isn't that bothersome. I received a total of 436 lines. If that means anything to anyone. I think the key is to relax into it and don't tense up with every little thing you feel. That's where the demerol really helped. So that was my experience. I haven't seen any change at all so far. Karen told me 4-6 months for final results, so I'm guessing that means there should be gradual results at some point. I won't lie, I'm anxious for results and I want them now!, lol, but who doesn't. I'm hoping for the best, but I will be happy with some moderate improvements. Good luck to all. I'll post pics soon. =)

Minor swelling, one small bruise.

I also wanted to add that I had very minor swelling and only one very small bruise.

Photos were taken.

Also forgot to mention that the assistant took 6 photos of me before my treatment.

Before treatment.

This first photo is before my treatment. I will post more later as I see improvement.

Just had full neck done.

I also wanted to add that I only had my full neck done, not my face, which I would love to do if this proves helpful :)

Day 5

No visible changes, still sore to touch under chin and on surface of neck, but much less than right after treatment. Small bruise on right chin is starting to fade. At this point I still feel under my chin is even more saggy then before treatment, but I read this could happen temporarily until the collagen starts to kick in, come on collagen, start kicking!!

Day 6

I hesitate to post these, like others, the harsh reality of light, age and no makeup is pretty scary, but I really wanted to post the most truthful photos in the most revealing light possible. No changes yet.....

2 week update

Just checking in. No changes at this point. I had Ultheraphy on my neck almost 2 weeks ago (May 30th), under the chin and on the sides of my neck. I'm still experiencing tingling on my neck and a mild burning (almost constant) sensation like I had a slight sunburn. I'm sure that will subside soon. Others I've read have had the same side effects but only temporarily, although it is unsettling and I'll be glad when it resolves itself, I can't help thinking there is healing and collagen regenerating. I'll check back when I have more to report. Staying positive since it's only been 2 weeks....keeping the faith, =)

3 week update

No changes yet. I still think my skin feels more loose and saggy since the procedure, but I've read other comments where that was the case and it finally tightened up, so I'm hoping that will happen to me. I am still having the tingling and slight burning sensation under the skin, really hate it at times and I can't wait for that to be gone! It's like it never leaves....I'm always feeling it. I'm not posting any new photos since there are no changes as of yet. Still trying to keep the faith. Will post next week. =)

1 month

This is my one month post. No changes yet. I'm posting pics though, just to keep it interesting I guess. =) I am still having lots of tingling and that slight burning sensation (don't know what else to call it) under my skin. It's tender to touch still and I'm hoping this means that there is a ton of healing going on in there!! So I remain hopeful, it's still early. Good luck to all. =))))

One Month, no changes yet. :(

One Month, no changes yet. :(

One Month

8 weeks

Tomorrow will be 8 full weeks for me. I can't see any changes. I'm going to post some pics I took today. Maybe some of you will notice something, but honestly, I don't trust the camera, lighting, etc. I have tried to take the pics at the same time of the day with the same lighting, but the sun is always moving so the light can't possibly be consistent. We can only do our best. =) Hope everyone else is doing well and seeing improvements. I'll post more later.

8 weeks and no noticeable improvement.

11 Weeks

I decided to post a few pics. Tomorrow will be 11 weeks. I haven't noticed any significant change, but a few very minor ones, and I'll try to point them out.....like I said, they are very minor, they need pointing out! =) I hate posting these, absolutely no make-up, pretty scary....hope it's helpful.

11 Weeks

I'm rearranging my pics. I'm putting all fronts together, all right sides together, etc. Hope this makes it easier to make the comparisons. =)

11 Weeks

Here are the right side pics in order.

11 Weeks, front, sides

I tried to post right side pics only and then I was going to do the left as well, but they came out really small for some reason so.........here are my 11 week.

3 month post

Today is my official 3 month mark. I had Ultherapy done May 30th and today is August 30th. I have only seen small improvement at this point. I'm hoping the next 3-6 will be the defining months. Hope everyone is doing well. I will post again in a month. =)

3.5 month, give or take

I decided to post my 3.5 month pics for what it's worth. No noticeable changes so I'll keep waiting.....what choice do I have =) Hope everyone is doing well.

4 month pics

I decided to post my 4 month pics. I don't see much change since last post. I will continue to post until my 6 month mark, then I will give my final review on this procedure. Hope everyone is doing well. =)

One more thing.......

I just wanted to say, if you look at my 3 month compared to my 4 month, I can actually see a distinct improvement. The angle of the pic is very similar, so the improvement seen is consistent. That's pretty cool! =) Yippee!

I'm referring to the frontal shot..........=)

6 months

I've finally reached my 6th month mark. I would have to say overall I am happy with my results. When I look at my before and early pics, I do see improvement, but like I mentioned before...pics don't tell the whole story. My improvement is small in person, but it's there. I'm pretty confident that without the ultherapy my neck would have looked worse at this point. Was it worth 2000 dollars? That depends on whether or not you have 2 grand to spend. I'm glad I did it, not sure yet if I'll do it again yet. But overall, it was a good experience for me. Well wishes to everyone and Happy Holidays. =)

6 months

Cleveland Dermatologist

My original Doctor was Dr. Meek, not Dr. Parker. The name of the clinic is the Dr. Parker Skin and Aesthetic Clinic in Beachwood, Ohio. Dr. Meek okayed my Ultherapy but I didn't see her the day of the treatment. I would rate her a very good and caring Doctor though.

I see a definite difference between your before and your 6 months photos. I will say it was the 4 month photos that I started seeing the difference slightly. So the timing they are suggesting seems to be right on. I also heard that additional improvement after 6 months can be seen as well. I hope you post a 9 month photo update just for a final version of your procedure results.
I really appreciate that you shared your pictures and experience. Not sure I would want to spend that much money for such subtle results; however, you seem to be happy and that's what counts as it is really hard for me to see a big change without seeing side by side before and after with the exact same lighting. It might be helpful to upload a before and after side by side with the lighting as similar as possible. I think the doctor should have done that for her patients.
I had ultherapy for one brow (I have asymmetrical brows) and under and sides of eyes. Was SO nervous after reading all the posts about pain so was pleasantly surprised that I felt pretty much no pain at all, just a little heat. For the brow Dr. Brian Forley injected a nerve block -so I didn't feel a thing. For the eyes, I just took 600 mg of ibuprofen an hour before, and that did the trick as I did not feel a thing. I was told I would notice results beginning in 3 months - but I see them already as does my husband! Many of the fine lines around my eyes have disappeared and I can see some eyelid when my eyes are open now! Someone at work said I look well-rested and great - and its' only been 2 days! Dr Brian Forley in NYC is the best! Honest, great manner, put me totally at ease. Can't wait to see it in 3 months!!
Gypsyjazzgirl, I see a very clear difference between the first and last photos. Your jaw/chin lines look tighter! Congratulations. I hope you'll continue to post updates--so helpful. :)
Thank you Toronto2695. I do think I've shown improvement over the last few months. Hopefully I will continue to improve. I'll post more pics down the road when I can. Appreciate the support! =)
Thanks for the update. You're looking great-I see a definite improvement!!
Thanks! I didn't think I was seeing any further improvements until I actually posted the pics. Then I compared the 3 month frontal to the 4 month frontal. There seems to be some improvement, however, when I compare those now I think possibly the angles are not the same, and that could make a difference. If I line up my ears with my nose on both, they don't match up. I know this sounds trifle, but it really does make a difference. So, not sure if there is any further improvement or not, but def. some overall improvement! Thanks for the support. =)
i was told the more pain I could take the deeper they could go. It was worse than child birth for me and I was told I was a strong woman. My results started to show nearly immediately. I was very swollen and looked badly sunburnt and the postoperative pain was uncomfortable. My results have been dramatic and everyone noticed a diference when I went back to work 2 weeks after and put it down to my holiday break. It is 4 weeks now and everyone is saying how well I am looking and I am really pleased. The deeper they go with the ultrasound the better results but it is very painful but well worth it...:)
Wow, I see an improvement. You look great.
Thanks annieP, your support is very much appreciated! =)
wow, I see an improvement. You look great.
I didn't see any changes till after 4 months, when I'd kind of forgotten I'd had it. I hope you see some results in the next month. It's more the overall look of the face than specific features. It should all just "fit better" on the bone structure.
Thanks for that P13, that is very encouraging. Really looking forward to the next few months. =)
Hi gypsyjazzgirl, to me it looks like you've definitely got some tightening going on. Strangely, even though you didn't have ultherapy done on your face, it looks as though the jaw/jowl area is somewhat tightened as well--it may be some kind of illusion (since your neck looks tighter), but that's the impression I had, anyway. :)
Toronto...thanks for that. I appreciate it. It seems most of the reviews focus on the first 3 months, even though we are told the majority of the improvements aren't likely to occur until the 3, 4 and 6th month mark. I want to track my progress all the way to the end. I mean, that's what we should be rating our reviews on, right? Thanks for the support!
I have the same thoughts on this. And I have read here on RealSelf several comments by doctors suggesting that the post-procedure photos at 6 and 12 months are better than at 3 months. It would be fantastic if everyone continued to post updates well past 3 months, into years even! Ultherapy's about 3 years old now (on the mainstream market), I think, so hopefully some years-long tracking will start surfacing. Thanks so much for your updates.
hi megan...yeah I understand what you are saying...but I asked around a bit..while its not expected....the feeling is if not to give the 15 percent on such large bill but if can afford that type of treatment to hand them forty bucks is appreciated etc....I would never tip for botox etc bc have the dr do...but when googe do I tip a "medical esthetician" most comments say not required but appreciated...so think I will do this one time...than I can call with questions etc ....I prob just give 50 and be done...rather over pay than walk away wondering...but understand all your points...thanks. guess its kind of like rather being overdressed than underdressed....aside from all that...getting a pretty good deal as know the doctors daughter (she is not doing) but she got "dad" office to give me a bit off...so to be continued..thanks
Droyle, I'm not familiar with LED. Is it a laser treatment?
Try LED !!!
Definite difference between the Day 6 and Week 11 photos, gypsyjazzgirl!
Thank you toronto, appreciate the support! =)
Hi tweeks. No, I did not tip the nurse that did my Ultherapy, but what a great question. Personally, I don't think tipping applies here because usually with tipping you have already received and accessed the service provided to be of a certain quality. With Ultherapy you don't yet know what the outcome will be, so imho, tipping isn't required. Hope that helps. Are you planning on having the procedure done?
yes thinking about it....I was in the office and saw a girl who had just had done...in my early forties and just starting to notice a little bit of loose skin and want to nip it without really NIPPING it...I saw the girl give a tip...I asked after she left if people tip on top of that procedure and she said most do...but than I wondered what and how much?
If you want to tip and are not sure about the amount, I would put it out into the realself community, I'm sure you'll get lots of feedback. Now I feel bad I didn't tip! Ahhh, social pressures! =) Good luck and keep us posted if you decide to go ahead with it. We'd love to watch your progress.
Uh oh--tip??? It never occurred to me to tip for these kinds of services. (Would someone tip a doctor if they performed this?) I don't feel too badly for not tipping, especially since they had me pay upfront instead of after the procedure. :)