Blotched? Implant Removal with Capsulectomy & Breast Lift - BC, Canada

I was uncomfortable for about 2 years with bakers...

I was uncomfortable for about 2 years with bakers IV capsular contracture (the worst kind). I originally got silicone implants in 1983; replaced these for saline in 1998 with the silicone scare and capsule formation. In general I liked having implants but was forced to have removal due to capsules. The Dr suggested a lift too.

I am 11 weeks post op now. I have been kind of horrified at the shape of my breasts. I thought a lift would give me small but well shaped girls. There is a tight, band looking shape below the nipples. Any fullness is above the nipple line. I need to decide wether to implant again or not. I don't mind small but I don't want misshapen. PS I am 55.

I just read your story and wondered what you decided and how things turned out. Did your breasts soften? I think it is awful that your doctor treated you that way. Hugs.
Hello, I am 51 and have had silicone implants since I was 36. Over the last couple years my health has decline severely. Like arthritis in the foot and chronic joint pain. My lower back has inflamation 24/7 with much pain. I think my right one is leaking. From what I understand the saline implants still become filled with bacteria, fungus & mold and when you form a leak you get an infection. A lot of people also get auto immune deceases. Please think you are 55 do you really want to go to the doctor 15 or so years from now to have them replanted again and will your health be okay and will you be able to afford it. Bless You. I am currently seeking an explant doctor in Phoenix, AZ to do a removal ASAP. If anyone out there has a good doctor please help me. Thanks
It is early and I wrote silicone. I have saline implants and I am sick.

I have had a one short session with the PS post op. I have had a number of concerns which the staff /RNs look after. They are terrible as they belittle my concerns such as increased pain around 5 weeks post op- they said that is impossible if the incisions are healing well. They don't recommend breast massage except of the incisions to break down scar tissue- try massaging new incisions! On the net I learnt that massage is considered helpful. They won't let me see the doctor. ASK lots of questions before you choose a PS- Find out if the staff is competent! The doctor seemed fine in person- but do I have a botched job? They were happy to take my $$ but I didn't get service!