33 & READY for a NEW ME !! - Bay Harbor Islands, FL

Hi ladies :) & gents ( there are a few ;) ) !!...

Hi ladies :) & gents ( there are a few ;) ) !! Well I just spent a long time writing everything & lost it all ... I don't know know why ?!! Any way, I'll try and remember what I said. As hesitant as I was to write a review, I couldn't imagine not sharing my story too. I started researching the procedure back in September. I said to myself, I can do this. I can ACTUALLY have the body I've always wanted !! THAT'S when it became REAL ...... I was just waiting for everything to line up . I chose not to write a review cause I didn't know when it was going down... Lol !! I didn't know all the details. I went back-n-forth in my head about everything. This site is SO valuable and has helped me along the way. A BIG THANK YOU to all of you !!!

About me :) I am 33 ( WOW) with 3 beautiful children. I have 2 girls & finally had my son 3 years ago. I've known their dad for 17 years but we've been together for almost 14 years now !!! Omg, time flies !! When I dropped the bomb about having this done he wasn't so supportive. As time goes by , he realizes I AM getting this done with or without his support!! He tells me to just exercise. I tell him, my ASS is not going to fill out with fullness & volume if I exercise !!! It will tone up and shrink, BUT will definitely NOT be MAGICALLY bootylicious !!! Before I had kids I had an okay body. I am that girl with a pretty face and an OK body..... Not the best, but I've seen worse. I just want my body to match my face :( I remember being a teenager wishing & thinking how lucky girls with ASS were !! Something about nice hips, a flat stomach, & a big booty was SO sexy to me ....I just LOVE that physique & always have!!! I am always trying to find that perfect pair of jeans and the right shirt just to cover all the right areas to make it look like I have that !!! I guess it took me this far-- but I have never really been comfortable in my own skin. I will post before kid pics, pics of me now , and what I wish for. And my measurements as soon as I get it all together :) O & I forgot to mention I did exercise for 2 years after having my son. We went on vacation last May & when we came back I never got back into my routine. I've gained 40 - 50 lbs In the last 9 months !!! I know, I know it's crazy... It sounds like a lot & IT IS !!! I swear I really don't eat that much... I just look at food & gain weight ( true story .. Lol) I skip meals all day and eat a big meal at night. I think this is why I guess !! Enough about me battling my weight , I don't want to bore y'all !! But I do want to say , I'm not too depressed about it cause I know all the little tricks to lose weight fast.... After I had my son I did a 90 day juice cleanse & lost 72lbs in 90 days ( not even a lick of food ), I've done " the master cleanse" AKA " the lemonade diet " .... The list goes on :) But when I was exercising -- I was so tired of not seeing the results REALLY wanted that I started to get discouraged !!

Fast forward to now , I AM scheduled (yaaahaaaaooo) .. Whatever that's means... Lol, I think it means excited !!! My date was for 4/24/14 but I pushed it to 7/18. I did that because I want to be able to heal without worrying about getting the kids off to school, sitting & all that good stuff ! Even though I'm not looking forward to the heat !!! With that being said , as much as I want hubby to come and take care of me, he has to stay with the kiddos -- my mom & him are gonna switch off and take turns. Two of my closest friends are supposed to be coming with me ... Fingers crossed :-/....to be cont..

***How I chose my doctor***I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Well, at first, I was 100% without a doubt going with Dr. Constantino Mendieta. While researching him, I came across realself !! At first I didn't know how to use it.. Lol, I know I'm crazy !! It took me a few times to come back & THEN I discovered how awesome it was!! It's a hidden jewel & thanks to all of you who share your stories!!! So back to the docs :) .... I went from Mendieta, DR (Yily or Duran), to Jimerson , Fisher, Cortes , Salama then back to Mendieta !! Those were all my choices but I never had a consult with any of them !! I just went by my research and I think pics speak for themselves. So I was looking at the results of other patients to see who I actually wanted to go with then of course call for a consult :) I had to be feeling the doc too !! But when I checked out Salzhauer for a few minutes I honestly didn't think he could give me the look I wanted. So why did I choose him?! Well, I loved DR prices & package deals but could not get the balls to go there!! I just felt in my heart that going into something like this surgery where you are already a nervous wreck, traveling to another Country would have made me even more nervous!! I wanted to go into this with as much of a positive perspective as possible. And traveling that far would NOT have helped. So, that's when I heard about Fisher. I thought the price was right and the package deal was even better !! But I didn't feel it in my heart with him ... Idk I just didn't feel it !!! Plus you cannot even talk to the doc at Vanity. I'm sorry but I want to be able to talk to you before I spend thousands on you !! I live out of state, so having over the phone consults is a must ! Moving on.... I had my first consult with Dr. Salzhauer over the phone & although I went back & forth, he was my last consult :D !! I just kept thinking of our conversation& the price was right !!! I pray that he gives me what I'm looking for ( I think he will ) the reason his pics concern me is cause most of his before & afters are of smaller girls. I am a thick chick lol !!! He did seem confident that he could give me my result though. With that said , I'm putting all my faith in you DR. SALZ ;)

I will keep u guys updated on the weight loss & pics coming soon :)

Adding pics.....

I went through my pictures and found the best three I could find that would give an idea of what I'm working with. Flat butt & now that I look at my boobies ... They're looking kinda sad too! It's funny cause I always thought I had nice boobs, huh... I GUESS NOT !! I think since I've been on this site, I see the beauty of what implants can do. I never really liked implants cause I always thought they looked so unnatural but after looking at ladies who have gotten their breast done... I truly think it's all about the doctor who does them and what type of implant used makes all the difference. So anyway ... Here are my pics before I had kids @ 165lbs...

Pics ...

A pic of me after kids @ 204lbs

This is crazzzy !!!

Here are pics of me now at 260lbs ..YIKES :-/ ..OMG ... Here goes !! I really DO NOT like looking at these! And please excuse the cellulite ....

Feelin' more confident w/ my choice of doc !

Just wanted to share what's on "the" mind.... So, we all know this is an emotional journey of ups ~n ~downs to say the least !!! In my mind I was wondering "why am I not getting excited " ... But I think cause my surgery is far away even though it will be here before I know it, it's just not feeling real yet. But I am starting to feel different :D.....I was ALL over the place. Going back & forth... Saying to myself " did I make the right decision ?" Thank god I am over that !! I FINALLY feel relief that I've made a GOOD choice and I'm actually going through with this! I thought for sure after putting my $$ dollar dollar bills $$ down (lol )that I would feel that relief and that feeling of EXCITEMENT that wouldn't go away and actually be happy & STAY happy .....but it wasn't until now after seeing D'sWifey go through her surgery .... It just made it that much more REAL and gave that excitement I SO needed... so thanks Wifey ;) I know we see so many ladies go through their surgeries BUT idk, it just made it REAL for me!!!

When I spoke to Dr. Salzhauer for my phone consult , he asked me what I was interested in doing. I told him I was interested in doing a bbl. And a TT at some point but that I didn't want to do them together. He asked how much I weighed and he told me he wanted me to lose 5-10 lbs. he explained that my BMI has to be at 32 or less. At the time I didn't weigh myself so I thought I weighed less than I actually was when I spoke to him . So he told me to take some pics and send them to him and he'd call me back. So, I took my pics & sent them along w/ my wish pics. It was funny cause he didn't get back to me right away ... It took him a few minutes... So I sent him a text saying omg what do you think ... I'm scared lol ?! He called me right back and made me feel so comfortable. He told me the look I wanted was achievable. In my mind -- while he's talking --- I'm like, "YES" !! But he did tell me I will need the TT. Which I already knew BUT for a second it was hard to hear. Just for the heck of it I asked what procedure HE suggested first and he said the bbl. BUT the good news is that he said he will be VERY aggressive w/ lipo cause he knows I'm interested in getting a TT that it will make his job easier (whoooo whoooop ) !!! I won't mind the xtra skin .... Hopefully it won't be too bad ! So he gave me his personal cell # which he does for all his patients ... I love that !!
I texted him the other day just to let him know I picked him and I guess I was looking for a lil reassurance cause of the way I was feeling. I mentioned how most of his before and afters are of small girls but that I have faith he'll give me what I'm looking for. He got back to me right away ... He was so nice and told me he would do his best to give me what I want. THAT is all I needed to hear :D

My conversation w/ him, the text message, all the interactions with his staff , AND all the ladies /reviews I've come across who have chose him have nothing but the best things to say about him and his staff ! It's SO reassuring and makes me feel more confident each day w/ my choice !!! And I'm feeling even better that I picked him :))
With that said, I'm ALL about being positive !! I do understand that these doctors are human too and you can't please everyone. But all we can do is be positive, pray, and expect to get the result we are looking for !! I'm a BIG believer in" seeing the end result and have FAITH that you will get it " !
Well ladies... I am sorry for the long post ... Until next time :) love, peace & happiness ***

A little of this & that :)

Okay so in a nutshell I AM going CRAZY try to plan for this ...lol !! First , my two best friends that were supposed to come with me, one cannot come cause she just started a new job and can't get the time off. The other has some issues going on and I'm not sure if she can go. Now I'm thinking of plan A, B, & C just in case. I went from thinking I'll just fly myself and hire a nurse. Then I thought of loading up the kids and making it a road trip ( but I don't think that will be fun coming home :)) ! Plus I probably am going to need the time to heal w/o the kids as much as I'm going to miss them :-( I am just stuck with all this planning.....

On to the next issue, I really wanted a TT with my bbl but I didn't want to compromise my results in any way even though I know a TT will complete my look. I went from being torn about that to really considering it. So I decided to try and finance the rest of my surgery and it was denied. I tried again with a co applicant and was STILL denied !!! I was disappointed at first but in a way, maybe it's a good thing.
And now my other issue, THE BIGGEST one of all .... I know I'm dropping it all on you in one update lol but I am so busy running all day everyday ! And today was perfect cause I had the day off :) Wheeeew !! So my issue ladies --- is ----I am freaking out that Iam not going to be at my goal weight by surgery. This is bad, real bad ! I have like 50 days till my surgery and I need to lose 46 lbs. at the very least. I would like to lose 56. I started a cleanse on 5/5 and I did it for 10 days . I lost 10 lbs. then I have lost an additional 7. I'm down 17lbs but if I'm gonna get to my goal, I have to really lose 1lb a day at this point. The cleanse I was on is great but not good for long term because you body does not get protein and I'm working out and need the energy. Especially cause I workout at like 10:30- 11:00 at night. I'm going to work out after this update. I am really stressin'. To solve this problem, I was thinking about pushing my date to August if I can to give myself more time. Considering I cannot wait longer than that because then I'll never get it done till my kids are on Christmas vacation. And if not then, then next year !!! And I'm NOT waiting that long. I need my new body now !!! These are my dilemmas ... Oh and I still have to pay off my surgery, get supplies, purchase my flight, AND find a place to stay .... Talk about stressing. It's all coming down to the wire. If I can have a mid August date , that would be great cause at least I would have more time to prepare. What to do, what to do ?!!! Going to work out ... Chat later ...

Sx DATE CHANGED !!

Well last night I emailed Ari asking for a date in August. I was hoping for August 20th or for something in that week and she got back to me first thing this morning telling me that she had nothing until the 25th (Monday 8/25) . I accepted it because I was just so happy to have more time, but she still hasn't got back to me to confirm for sure yet.
Because it's a Monday, I wanted to know when I would be able to see the doc. Would it be on Friday or ? I just don't want to fly out too soon because I really am planning on staying just 7 nights and leave on the 8th day. I'm going to miss my kids so much !!!!
Another thing is I just looked a the school calender and realized my kids go back to school the 26th. Which means I won't be here for their first 3 days of school. This really bums me out. I wanted to have this done before they go back. I don't know why I was thinking they return in the first week of September after Labor Day. I guess there's never going to be a perfect time to go and I just have to get this done!! I just needed more time. I am praying I can get in on a cancellation and I'm hoping she can squeeze me in a lil sooner. I'm hoping for even the 18, 19 , or 20th would work better. If anyone has these dates and wants to trade that would be awesome !!! Please keep me in mind and I'll keep you all posted too .....good night everyone ***

Date confirmed !!

I just spoke to Ari and she told my new day definitely for 8/25 ! She told me to keep checking in with her for cancelations. I'm glad my date got pushed back but I really would love the 18th or 19th . At least I have more time now. I guess I'll just keep checking in for something a little sooner.

PRE-OP & weight loss update

Hi girls ! It's been a little while since I updated but I've been checking in :) ....so I went for my pre-op appointment with my doc and he passed me as far as me being healthy for my surgery. I couldn't have my blood drawn cause I wasn't fasting but I'll go tomorrow morning. I'm just praying my hemo levels are where they're supposed to be. I'll keep you all posted on that as soon as I know.

***I just can't believe how FAST time is passing..... This is craaaazzzzy , I can't be believe I'm really doing this !!!! Lol

Now this is where I get nervous but at the same time I'm confident that I will be the weight I need to be for surgery, which is , 200 lbs or less and a BMI of 32 or less. Well today for my appt . I was 223. My doc put 221 on the paperwork cause I had clothes on. It's ok cause I knew when I scheduled that appt. that I wasn't going to be exactly at the weight I needed to be, but as long as I'm 200 or less on the day of surgery then I'm GOOD :)) !!! And IAM confident I will be. I'm down 40 lbs ladies (what what) !!! I have another -- I'll say 22 to go !! I know I can do it but what if the day of surgery comes and I'm 205 , I wonder if he would still do surgery ? I'll be trying my hardest. I'm still doing my cleanse and plan on it till the day of. 27 days to go and 22 to lose -- with my cleanse at a lb. a day , I should be safe ! It's still scary though knowing I have my trip planned and someone to take care of me and what if I don't make my goal... Ugh the pressure is ON :-/ .....

That's it for now ..... Xoxo !! I'll be posting new pics soon :)

Clearance passed !!!!!

What a relief ... My clearance passed !!! My doc is just waiting on my pregnancy test to come back because their machine is not working right....that'll take a lil longer. There could be a slight possibility that I am but I don't think so ( let's hope not right now ). Anyway, I was really curious what my iron levels were and the girl I spoke to just said everything was "normal ". She explained that my iron level was above 20. So just to clarify ladies, your iron is very different from your hemoglobin levels. My hemo is 13.5 and my doc requires 11.5 or higher .... I AM in the CLEAR :)))) I am so happy ... This is the best news !!everything is falling into place. Now after my preg test comes back , my doc will send in all paperwork.

All I have to say is , THANK YOU, THANK you :)) I am all smiles.

Need some support ladies !!

Hi all ! Everything is up in the air. To make a long story short , after my pre op physical on 7/29 I stopped my cleanse for 5 days which set me back on weight loss. I started again a couple days ago and with my surgery being 17 days away I AM really trying to stay positive but I'm nervous as hell. At this rate if I continue to lose a lb. a day, I will be like 207 for surgery day. I'm supposed to be 203 that day !!
What made me even more nervous is that I got a call from Ruth (clearance coordinator for Dr. Salz) telling me she got my medical clearance ....she is concerned about my weight and that if I'm not 203 the day of then they would turn me away. It would really suck if I couldn't get my surgery done for being 5 lbs. over the weight they want me to be at. So I'm kinda feeling down about it . At this point I'm praying for a miracle.
On a positive note, I lost 2 lbs from yesterday until this morning . So that made me happy :))
With my cleanse I'm supposed to lose a lb. a day ....BUT I've lost like 10lbs in 3 days !!!! Which makes me feel good but after the first few days of losing a lot of water weight , you slow down to a lb. a day. I am just praying and trying to believe I can get there!!!
I would be so disappointed knowing that I have everything all planned. The kids are gonna be all taken care of, someone to care for me, and the trip is planned. I just hope I don't have to reschedule for 5 lbs. I did know right from the start how much they wanted me to be and I tried really hard to get there!!! If I'm in good health I don't see why not ? Right ? I don't know. I'm just all over the place ... Sorry ladies for the long rant :) it was supposed to be short.
One more thing , aren't there docs out there who will do your surgery if your above 200 ? I think I've seen girls go in at like 220.
But I can respect Dr. Salz regulations. Cause trust me, I WISH I was around 180 right now cause then i'd come outta surgery, after swelling goes down, I would be my perfect weight ! For me I just can't stand being in this body any more !!!!! I'm working out , losing weight and I hate how I look in my clothes. I don't care if I'm 207 going in cause at least I'll feel tighter and sexier ..... Anyways, thanks for listening .... Talk to you all soon ....

Update w/ weight & pre- op call w/ Ari :)

Ok ladies , I have good news !! I weighed myself and I am back on track. It looks like I will make my weight. I'm 218 as of this morning ,so by tomorrow morn I should be down another 2 lbs hopefully !!! Me losing 2 lbs a day is a surprise to me cause by now... I started my cleanse on the 5th, I should be down to a 1lb a day. I'm LOVING it :))) and I'm all smiles..... I'm not complaining !!! So if I keep going like this I should be just under the 203 mark if I'm calculating right for the day of :D !

On another note ... I had my Pre-OP over the phone with Ari today. I just love her ... She's just cool and like-able !! She does her job and does it well:) ... shout out to ARI !!! And you just feel like you've known her forever when you talk to her .. Ya know?! Anyway .... Everything went well during our talk. I just have to send back the questionnaire she sent me . She also wants me to send Ruth the info on my pharmacy so they can call in my scripts. Which reminds me ... I have to do that now.
Until next time ...

Transportation to Miami is all screwed up !!!

Another thing I forget to tell you guys was --- who I was depending on to take care of me and drive me to and from Florida Backed out on me (that SUCKED !!!) but I came up with a better plan. I had to check plan ABC&D ! There is no way I'm letting this date slip outta my hands .. NOoooo Noooo :)
Now I'm hoping & praying my plan runs smooth n creamy like buttttaaah baby !! It will , it will :))

***Ask, believe , receive .... Love & happiness

I MADE IT !!!

Ok ladies , the last few days have been CRAZY !!! First off I drove 30 hrs to get here !! I arrived the morning of surgery. I had no time to sleep ... I was delerious !!! I felt like a zombie !
Any way I feel ok for the most part other than when I stand .. I feel like I'm gonna pass out. I took my iron this morning. I'll post pics in a few I AM bruised bad.

Here's some pics

I really wanted to show you all my weight loss pre-op pics but I did not have time to take any. Another thing is I couldn't have my arm lipo'd cause I wanted my thighs more :)

Quick pic w/o garmet

Today was a rough day for me... I'll explain later. For now here's a pic ....

Wish pic I showed Dr. Salz

Front view pics w/& w/o garmet

This was yesterday . 2days post.

First 6 days post-op

Ok so other than the usual stiffness or soreness (which for me isn't bad ), probably the worst and it's tolerable is the ups and downs of feeling light headed or tired & fatigued !! If you take your iron the way it's supposed to be taken, you should be fine. I take mine with a glass of Emergen-c ( it's a powdered packet that has 1000 mg of vit c and comes in all flavors) So I do that on an empty stomach 3x a day and take my 3 antibiotics that I have to space out 15 minutes apart but with those you have to eat. So just stay on top of your meds and you should be good ladies :)
Another thing is the damn surgery brought my period on again. So I had it twice this month. The 3rd day I tried going for a car ride and I puked everywhere ! Bad mistake cause the heat makes you swell and feel like your gonna pass out ...between that and getting car sick plus my iron was low ... It was a bad mix !! Everyday does get better but I went out in the heat to do a load of laundry this morning and omg it was a mission because I had to go put money on a laundry card(pain in the ASS) then go do the load!!! I came back to take a shower and I was exhausted lol , so simple things give you that lightheaded fatigue passing out feeling. Just take care for all future ladies and stay on top of your iron and eat lots of protein and iron rich foods. And you'll feel much better.
I'll post new pics later ... Ttys

Day of surgery .....

I have been meaning to share the day of sx with all my beauties because I always loved when everyone else did. So as I said in an earlier post, I arrived after driving 30 hrs on Monday 8/25 @ 9am the day of sx ! Keep in mind sx was scheduled for 12 p. 3 hrs sleep in a 30 hr. Period , I was exhausted from being the only one that drove the way there! Then when we finally make it to the area , I stopped and got my meds, had to go meet the people from the condo we were staying at. Thank God everything was in close proximity ! I make it to the condo and had tops an hour& a half to bring luggage up , prepare my brain for how real this was becoming & get ready for the sx itself. I finally had a chance to think about it cause everything was soooo chaotic just trying to get there ya know ! So I took a Xanax and my zofran ( per docs order ) and was able to relax a tad bit. We headed to the office and with in a half hour I was weighed, took before pics, met Barry the anesthesiologist , and last Dr. Salz :) ! Then the OR .....
When I spoke to the anesthesiologist , he was very nice . He asked me if I had any questions or concerns. I told him I had one !! And that was being put under and not babe able to speak but feel everything lol ! I seen on TV before and it scared the shit outta me !!! Any way he said its not likely in this type of setting . That put me at ease.
When I met Dr. Sal , he gave me a hug. He was just as cool as I thought he would be ! I said omg do I really have to take my gown off lol. He's like come on , let's see :) ! That was so embarrassing but he sees all kinds of different shapes and sizes ... So I had to keep that in mind. As he was marking me up , I loved his honesty :) he said, wow that's really flat right there. lol. Meaning the outer area of my butt cheeks.
I showed him my one wish pic and he says , okay so "bubbly ".. Next thing you know I put my compression sox on , finished up my paperwork and headed in. It all happened so fast !

Day 10 post op

Ladies , I'm really starting to love my results !!! That thang back there is looking better and better with each passing day. It's starting to drop and round out (SO EXCITING ) !! I hope it drops a lil more and I have the creases I want :-D ! Any way, to me , it is the perfect size for my frame. I didn't want huge. Just a nice natural full looking bum ;)
Keep in mind I am a perfectionist and I went in to this expecting to be improved but I prepared myself to not expect perfection after just the first round. But I think he shaped me nicely and it starting to take shape. It is all the improvements that I hoped for :) and maybe I'll get booty greed if I go for TT next year and ask for some touch ups :-P. So far so good and I can't wait until time passes and it continues to improve .

what else the doc said & how I've been feeling

Oh and I forgot to mention the day of surgery Dr. Sal said he really wishes he could do a TT. He said it about three times :)) I said trust me I know , I'll be back ! But honestly even if I have a little wrinkling of the skin , it's not gonna kill me because he did a damn good job on my stomach and that's with swelling ! So I can't wait to start working out and see what the future brings ! I think I can deal w/o a TT for now as much as I would like one.

Today was the best day yet !! I was up for a longer period of time ( pretty much all day ) with out feeling like I had to rest . I even went food shopping. And I have to admit I have never felt so confident in sweatpants and a tee ! Got a couple looks too ... It felt good (blushing ;) )

Here's a pic :)

Please don't mind the powder ... I just got out of the shower and have been out of my garmet for about an hour ...

Mixed emotions about my results :(

I guess it's normal to feel one way about your results one day and another every time you look at it or analyze the result. There are some girls who come out of sx and love their results right away.
Dr. Sal did great by taking in my waist and really made good improvements but my butt is just not rounding out on one side & it's not big enough for my taste. A little more would be perfect :( I'm trying not to look too too much because they say give it time. I hope when it softens up it will round out at the bottom some more. Another thing ladies is that I spend most of my days in my scrubs and honestly I see no difference. After spending this much money I was hoping for a more pronounced booty ! I'm gonna stay positive and hope for the best. And after my 3 week mark I'm going to call the office.
Let me post some pics and tell me what you all think....

Pics w/ scrubs on

Pics in undies

Sorry ... They are not the best pics !

Quick update !

Hi girls ... Sorry it's been a little while. I just wanted to let you all know I still have my good and bad days when I look at my butt . Yesterday I started to love it & today I got a little depressed about it. Which made me contact Ari from the office and tell her my concerns. She reassured me that it's still way way too early and everything will keep changing( she promised me lol) . She did tell me I should set up an appt. with the doc to tell him how I felt so he could answer all my questions and concerns. I told her I'll just give it more time and see what happens ...then we can go from there. I'll keep u guys posted ....
Miami Plastic Surgeon

I did have a consult with him over the phone & he was so cool and down to earth. He was very easy to talk to and I felt comfortable talking to him :)