Be Aware - Bay Area, CA

I paid a top-surgeon price to Dr. Mehta, and got a...

I paid a top-surgeon price to Dr. Mehta, and got a lot of problems. He is very kind, and listens to you, and answers your questions, which is why I went with him.

BUT, my open nose surgery was a mess. He didn't know who the anesthesiologists, even though he told me beforehand that he did. And the anesthesiologist guy showed up the surgery 3 hours late. I should have just walked away at this point!

The surgery went 4.5 hours (2-3 hours he said) and I was bruised beyond recognition. (6 months later I had jaw surgery, took 2 hours and the most dark my face got was a dirty yellowish colour.)

He didn't actually take account what I wanted (even though I photoshopped exactly how I wanted to prevent any misunderstandings). The problem with him that he is very sweet and insures you that he understands, but does what ever he planed initially.

The bump that I want to get rid of, is still there; I have another little pimple like bump appeared on my nose after the surgery as well. I can't breath very well, and now my nose slightly crooked too.

And most importantly almost two years after the surgery, the stitching to reduce my alar base are NOT healing and they are actually becoming larger scars, like giant acne pores on the sides of my nose, and stitches actually very visible. Did I mentioned, they also bleed from time to time?

There is no difference between the before and after pictures. I paid my life savings, and I want my money back.

So, he seems to be a very nice person, but be aware: you will have a lot of problems. Seek someone who is actually THE board certified, not A board certified like him, and have lots of experience.

(By the way, he is not the guy on this picture.)

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon