Mommy Makeover: StoriesWrite a Review
Will the pooch be gone with TT? I have fat + loose skin
- working mum losing weight
- updated 21 days ago
- Not Sure
- Cost: $17,000
- Bay Area, CA
Hello mommies, I have been reading reviews at...
- 15 Mar 2013
Hello mommies, I have been reading reviews at realself for 3 years now :-). I'm 38 yrs old, working mom, 2 wonderful kids, 2 dogs, supportive hubby, been with him more than half my life now :-). older kid is almost 6, younger one is 1. My story is similar to a lot of you. Beautiful pregancies but the tummy and breasts have totally gone for a toss. Both times I went from 120 to 191 (even though second time i was a lot more smarter in my diet choices). Both kids I had through IUI, so I did not want to take any chances with exercise etc. I'm down to 135 (this morning), and I have another 15 pounds to go. Not sure if some of you might judge me for taking hydroxycut, but I have started to take this since last month since I needed a "boost" (I have low thyroid function and am on levothryroxin). I intend to take it for 4 weeks to break this plateau I have.
I'm writing this review since I'm serious about doing my mommy makeover surgery OR tummy tuck only for sure by this year. I need your help in deciding which one, and also keeping me motivated to truly lose my last 15 pounds by May 10 or earlier (a goal I set up for myself).
I know at 120 pounds, my breasts will be empty sacs :-) HAHAHA...it was like that the last time I got to 120 before I decided to get pg with my second. My tummy at 120 seemed to be flat with LOTS of skin...here are my questions -
1.Unlike some of you I have skin and stretch marks on top of my belly button, so not sure with a TT, how pronounced they will look.
2. Did you get a say in what type of TT scar you wanted, or did your doc say it "depends". Reason I ask is that I do not like the "W" and "Straight line" kinds since they seems to pop up in the middle right about the mons. I would like one to be ovelapping with my C scar ..(After 35 hrs in the hospital, I ended up having a C the first time)
3. I had a near-death experience with post partum hemarrage (uterus did not shrink) and I had 6 ER visits. 3 blood transfusions etc...scary experience. My gynec said it was a freak thing to happen and I can still go with a makeover surgery. My c-section scars recovered well both times. Not sure what you think...
4. Does the fact that breast implants dont last forever give you pause and change your mind?
5. Does the fact that there are more things that can go wrong with recovering on 2 surgeries at same point change your mind?
6. Did you go with a doctor that had the "cosmetassure" - some type of insurance that covers complications post surgery for a limited amount of time - like 30 days...did that help?
7. Did you consider this new "gummy bear" silicone implant?
8. Do you know if TT scar over a period of 2-3 years moves up significantly? Is TT for life if one maintains consistent weight and body tone (note - i'm approaching 40 :-)
9. I talked to Dr.Joel Beck 3 or so years ago. Nice man. Not pushy. Conservative in breast size. Asked me come back after I was done with my pregnancies. In couple of months, I want to line up few consultations. Any advice on docs close to San Jose CA would be great.
More questions later...but this review is a start in me getting serious about making up my mind and getting my weightloss down by May.
Some reviews that were "marked" not worth it for BI, TT really scare me...but I also see such positive reviews..not sure long term how some of you have been...Any insight from you to my questions will really help me! Bye for now!
Hmm... Not sure what happened to my pics... Will...
- 18 Mar 2013
More questions :-) - Did you consider the...
- 20 Mar 2013
- Did you consider the "drain-less" method - progressive tension sutures? Are they truly better than having drains (pain and risk of seromas/hemotamas being less?)
- Did you use a recovery center for the first few days? If yes, how many days. My biggest worry is being in a chair immobile with such young ones that I have. They like to jump on me ;-) and not sure if I want to expose them to mom being "unwell"? how many days is best in a recovery center? 4 or 5 or more? also how much does it cost....
- I have a semi-desk job. 50% at desk. 50% walking around. I heard that it does take 6 weeks to recover..I cannot take 6 weeks off without letting ppl at work know why...which I do not want to do...whats the minimum required...I can take 3 weeks off...will that be enough? I'm thinking of doing this close to end of November (that way with the thanksgiving weekend, I can get close to 3-1/2 weeks off...and then that puts me around Christmas, so there will be slowdown at work...)...But it gets weird to have me stay at home not joining friends for new year party and making excuses...I wont be telling anyone..Anyways, looks like I'm rambling but let me know what you think of my plan...
- Am I crazy to think about this / being vain, given I had a near death experience with post partum hemorrage (first few days in hospital great and then on day 7, uterus gave away...tons of blood...)..Needed interventional radiology to block uterine artery so stop blood flow. Fine now...Will meet my gynec in May after I'm down to 120. dont want to meet before then..no point if I can't lose the damn weight...:-)!
I'm so torn thinking through this :-)...
Reply back ladies :-)! I need support...hahah...anyways, getting back to work now...
I feel more committed to my weightloss since I...
- 24 Mar 2013
Disclaimer - Rambling note...I am not in a great...
- 30 Mar 2013
Ladies, I have been working out every day.. From kickboxing, gym, running outside to (today) hill workout. eating clean, drinking 2 cups of hot green tea, I seem to be losing slowly but getting there. From 191 to 171 pounds was easy - baby and water weight.. So far i have lost 60 pounds with 3-4 big plateaus! Last plateau was at 135 where for 2 weeks.. looks like i broke a plateau..I was under 130 this morning. Btw I'm not so number focused except that not going to consults until I reach pre-baby weight at 120 keeps me motivated to lose ...
I wouldn't have been posting today if I weren't feeling so low. Had a fight with my hubby a day ago. Things are still cold between us. He is supportive and a good dad. However when we have an argument, given that we've been together for 20 yrs, there is a lot of garbage from the years we've been together makes it into the argument and makes it worse... For those who are working moms in high pressure jobs may be able to relate to this... My hubby got promoted recently (very senior position) and it took almost 6-7 months of stress /brainstorming with me etc (we are in the same field). Now I'm going thru some org changes at work and would like support to plan out my career. I had a mtg with my VP at work and told my husband I need him to come early so I can discuss next best steps for me for a promotion. Since I'm busy with kids from the time I pick them up at 6 and wrap up their dinner, milk, homework, stuff, kitchen etc I'm dead tired..... I like to have a clean home so cant sleep until things are in place... I only get done at 11 .
Strategizing for a promotion is not something I have mental capacity late at night... So I asked him to come early in the evening...He came at 9:15 pm (later than usual) and said it was work stuff .. I was seething but didn't say anything. After an hour I happened to be near him, I smelled beer. I asked him if he was out to drink. His gave changs. Said yes with a colleague. I lost it. That was SOME work! I'm with the kids taking care of stuff requested him 1 time to come early since I had a mtg with my VP for my promotion and I really needed to talk and he comes late, hides he was out to drink. My career not as important while for his I'm there to brainstorm, advise as needed. I just feel so letdown. We did our engineering together, rose in our careers together. I like to keep a balance between being a mom and career so I have been taking it slow. However it's just disheartening to see he would not give enough importance to my work stress and need to talk, as much as I would to his.. When I called him on it, unfortunately I said it was the fourth time.. And that was it for him to be mad back at me...since I counted, kept score I'm the bad guy... Doesn't matter what the underlying issue was...
I grew up in a home where my parents fought constants so I really don't want that for my kids... Between being a mom, high pressure job, sick of this body weight up and down with each pregnancy, trying to lose weight, quitting the occasional smoking (secret from my kids) earlier this year, no meaningful relationship with my mom and dad (chaotic household, blindly trusting family with me who end up abusing me physically, just stuff not worth going over).,any argument with hubby just puts me in the pits... I feel so close to eating the worse foods ever... But some voice tells me... Just keep going .. Why the F do I need any sounding board for my career next steps...I'm f**** ing smart... I survived a lot of things on my own through childhood... Made a life in America for myself when a lot of ppl back home didn't believe... I should just stay focused on being healthy and get to pre-baby weight. When we have a fight, I don't ask for any help so until we resolve the fight, the makeover can't be done ...I'm not going to ask him to take care of me for 6 weeks.. I have an ego problem... However since it may be later in the year, who knows.. We may patch up.. As of now, trying hard to get by the day focused on kids, being a calm mom , exercising every day even if means i have tears rolling down while jogging and getting thru work...sorry to write this rambling note..btw just in case you are wondering me quitting my job isn't an option... Up until 2 months I was making more than hubby and family is used to a certain lifestyle (international vacations, home on am acre... Etc etc)...
I can't believe I posted the rambling note before....
- 30 Mar 2013
Hello ladies, first off - thanks a lot for your...
- 1 Apr 2013
Now a little bit of update on the hubby situation - guess what! he apologized the day after the incident but my stupid ego..i continued to be cold...However, thanks to Easter weekend and a funny situation with my 1-yr old girl, cold war ended...My 1-yr old daughter was pulling my 8-year old, german shepherd's ear and I (quite sternly I must say) said "NOOOO, he will not like it" - one of those immediate mommy reactions for the kids to be safe!..and my little 1-yr old for the first time "frowned"...eyebrows raised, twitch in the nose..THE WORKS :-)..there was no mistaking she was angry and then she went on to doing that one more time...touching the dog's ear again...of course i did pick her up then and told her no one more time..this time quietly......anyways, my hubby who was there next to her (kids are never with dogs alone...i'm one of those paranoid moms)...my hubby laughed and said - oh there we go, we have another yet one with the house with a temper! her frown is just like yours...no mistaking there :-)!! good, now you can enjoy dealing with temper too! you know, I just could not help but laugh and it just dissolved the cold war...
that said, i'm still going to set up the counseling sessions once in couple weeks. ...since after 20 yrs and 2 kids, talking through things is not something high on priority for either of us...we just move on until the next one hits...which is obviously not healthy...i'm glad you ladies replied back on time...else trust me i would have been 5-10 donuts :-)!
My weight went back up at little bit thanks to easter festivities but i'm taking a late lunch hour from work to run outside for 40 mins...
Hope everyone is healing well!
Ladies, it is becoming real for me... I scheduled...
- 2 Apr 2013
She said she will also recommend a PS who will take good care of me. Personally I will better with her recommendation.. But cosmetassure is important to me... Can't risk draining our savings in case something goes wrong...
Well one step at a time.. Right now focused on losing weight getting to 120 by my consult in mid May. I have such a hard time not splurging on Sunday nights :-)... It is getting serious now!!! Just got done with a bodycombat class ! Feels good!
Hope everyone is healing well!
Good day, mommies! I've been working out...
- 4 Apr 2013
I've been working out consistently. I've got 2 consults scheduled [May 23 - Dr. Ramin Behmand, May 21 - Dr. Joel Beck]. Both seem to have good pics, good reviews on yelp, RS.
Dr. Ramin pics -
1. http://www.drbehmand.com/gallery/abdominoplasty, 2. http://www.drbehmand.com/gallery/breast-lift,
I need 2 more PS recommendations please, around San Jose / San Francisco Bay area, California.
Btw, I'm down to 128.1 this morning. I'm not going to obsess heavily on it like some of you advised. Just continuing to enjoy my group fitness classes, running with my shepherds etc. Keeps me sane :-). Switched to eating pitted "dates" when I feel like eating something super sweet.
Need to bake some cupcakes for my 5 yr old this evening :-) Its going to be tough not to eat some of those. He wants to plonk in some marshmallows, chocolate chips etc in it :-) they are teaching in kinder how to help mommies at home...and he has chosen to help me make cupcakes (which I never intended to make...)...interesting way to help :-)!!! trust the munchkins to think out of the box...anyways need to get back to work. thought i'll drop in a note for asking for PS recommendations. Bye for now! Have a fab weekend! Even those who are in recliners :-), heal well!!!!
Hey mommies, as I was doing my research, I came...
- 4 Apr 2013
For those who are in california, here is the medical board physician look up website for convenience . http://www.mbc.ca.gov/lookup.html
[Angie / RS staff] Hope you are doing great. Not sure if posting this article link is per RS policies or not but I thought it was worth sharing it with fellow mommies who are researching the web. Feel free to let me know otherwise or remove the update. After reading the above article in its entirety, I'm going to be extra careful with my online research for PS selection (in addition to of course meeting with the PS to feel comfortable).
Forgot to give stats earlier 5-4'' 124...
- 1 May 2013
32-33'' around waist (all let out...no sucking in)
2 kids both breast fed for 6-9 months
Working in high pressure job
This morning I was 123.8! Early morning weight :-)... size 4..my consults are 4th week of May. I intend to be down to be 120 and stay put. I know I will still have the pooch at this weight but frankly no more weight loss will help... After my first child I got to down to 110 lots of muscle tone but I looked sickly and pooch was still there...
I'm just hoping that with TT the doc can lipo the pooch ...not sure how many of you before TT could 'cup' all the belly fat in your hands including loose skin and did the TT take all that away :-)
Updating title..for some reason didn't change ..
- 1 May 2013