Liposuction After 50 lb Weight Loss? - Bay Area, CA

I'm 5'-6" and about 153 lbs. I've lost about 50...

I'm 5'-6" and about 153 lbs. I've lost about 50 lbs over 5 years through diet and exercise. I'm pretty happy with my overall hourglass shape, but, like most women, there are parts of my body that I'd like to smooth and tighten. Also, I'm excited about the potential metabolic boost that occurs after liposuction.

At this point, I'm researching my options and collecting pictures of healthy, curvy women to communicate my desired results with my surgeon.

Tomorrow I meet for a one hour consultation with Dr. Commons—I'm so excited!

My First Surgical Consult

I met with Dr. Commons and he took the time to very thoroughly answer all my questions. I must've spoken with him for almost an hour and a half.

I'm very impressed with his bedside manner and the quality of his work. He sets realistic expectations and is very candid about what's possible and what's not.

I still need to do more research and get a second (and/or third opinion). I'll keep you posted!

I've set a date: November 18.

I'll see you on the other side!

Less than 24 hours to go!

I've got my meds, I've cleaned my house, my friend is lined up to stay with me for a couple days—I think I'm ready. (!!!)

Hope you are doing well beautiful!
You have a very womanly figure as it is and I definitely think lipo would be able to smooth out the stubborn areas. Don't even worry about weight gain after lipo, if you workout and eat right after your surgery I promsie you will continue to lose weight. I wish you the best! Keep us posted beautiful!
Thanks, Amined!
please read the thread about weight gain after lipo.
Just read a bit of it. The doctors all agree that lipo is unrelated to weight gain. Any reason you wanted me to read it?
Yes, that was/is an interesting thread.
Would love to see and hear more about your procedure
That's the plan! I'll post more pictures and write as I get further along in the process. :-)
Where are you planning to have lipo done on your body? I am also hoping to have it done so I appreciate you sharing your story and pictures! Good luck on your quest- that bikini will surely be rockin' for you!
Hi! I'm pretty sure about a few places: upper and lower abdomen; waist; flanks; lateral, medial, and posterior thighs. Not decided yet: the tiniest bit under my chin and upper arms.
Hi Marsupial Mom, I've had lipo (water jet) an my abs, flanks, hips, thighs, and knees. Feel free to look at my reviews to see before and afters. I am only 2 days out from the thighs and knees so I don't have a lot there yet.
Tell me more about this metabolic boost from lipo.... have you had lipo before?
I haven't had lipo before, but I read that on RealSelf in "20 Essential Questions About Liposuction Answered Here." Then I asked Dr. Commons about it in my consultation today and he says there's no real proof for that claim.
True and in fact there is proof of the opposite.
Exactly. No one whose income in part depends on providing this procedure, will say it doesn't do whatever it is you want. Talk to the people who have had it done first; their testimony should be the gold standard. Not anecdotal stories from doctors. The weight distribution is so real and. so challenging. There is no way to compare it to anything but a physical deformity in the effects it leaves you with.