Permalip Revision Complete- *procedure cost is for both surgeries total together

I've had juvederm in the past but it just didn't...

I've had juvederm in the past but it just didn't last very long so waited a few years until Permalip came on the market and decided I would try it out. My procedure was yesterday morning (the 7th). I had a much thinner top lip than bottom as you can see in the pics so I decided on the 5mm on top and 4mm on the bottom. The length for both was 65mm. I was put on an IV so I went to sleep and woke up and was not in pain at all. Swelling wasn't too bad but clearly you can see the difference from the before pics.

Today, my face has some puffiness to it from eyes down. Nothing terrible though. My lips def feel more swollen today.
Recommend using Colgate to go toothbrush things as you will not be able to fit much in your mouth. These are genius as you can't brush very much the mint flavor is super strong so no funky breath.
No need for too many pain meds but I was prescribed norco for pain and took one when i woke up today for the swelling feel. Anyway, I'm sure I'm leaving out good details but ask me if you can thing of anything. Thanks!

Waiting for a full non swollen smile so I can post...

Waiting for a full non swollen smile so I can post a before and after of my smile to see the difference. Aaaaanndd.......waiting.

Update and news!

Hey! So I thought I would do an update... My implants looked great in the beginning and as time has gone by it has been determined that I will need to have them redone completely. The dr I went to placed the tunnel too high on the top and the tunnel on the bottom closed halfway across. I'm so irritated!! Anyway, I will be scheduling a surgery with another dr to have both top and bottom taken out and moved to proper placed to tunnels. Should be doing this early Jan. Be careful when selecting drs!!

Redo in 2 weeks!!

We'll I am finally getting around to having my Permalip implants removed and new ones placed in the proper places. New Surgery is on the 15th with a new doctor!!

Going back for new Permalip implants!

Well I am finally getting around to having my Permalip implants removed from my March surgery and new ones placed in the proper places. New Surgery is on the 15th and with a new doctor!!

Permalip top and bottom Revision COMPLETE!!

I am on day 4 after the completion of my revision. I had the 2 old implants removed and 2 new ones placed in new tunnels by the new plastic surgeon. Hopefully these work out better than the last wack job! I am still swollen but healing nicely. Will post pictures as soon as the swelling has gone down a little more.

new pics of new permalips top and bottom

I had surgery Wed morning and today is Saturday. They are looking pretty good but the left top (my left) seems to be not a swollen or maybe not as even - not sure yet since the other side is still really swollen. Ive been taking Arnica to maybe reduce swelling and bruising along with some pain meds and antibiotics

Did the asymmetry end up fixing itself? I am starting to notice the same issue 6 days post op on my top lip. One end of the implant seems a bit higher. However I am much more bruised on the side that seems higher so I'm wondering if that's it. Once the swelling subsided completely did you find that they looked even?
My original Dr cancelled me for the redo, so I did research and someone to fix them, the doctor who invested them. They were put in wrong. I have longer lips than normal, so it's not going to cover all the area. He doesn't want me to sleep on my side for 3 days. I got a cervical pillow. Make sure you ask the question in any surgery, where will the cut be.? I had a cut in the center of my upper lip.Not the way they were instructed to him. He did his own thing. Did not turn out.
Hello in really thinking Pf getting them done! Where did u get your last op, and what was the cost please
thanks for sharing! now that you're about 2 weeks in, how are you liking the results? would love to see a photo update~
How did you chose your new doctor?
HI!! With a LOT of careful research and consideration and interviewing!!!!!
Getting a redo next week. Lump in upper lip from shifting. A little bummed. Hope my downtime doesn't make me miss work.
Please post an update! :)
Beautiful!
Would you say that you now have less tooth show (upper teeth) since the implant? Or did this go away with the swelling?
How long did it take you to move your mouth as you did pre op?
Ugh, I'm so jealous. You hardly bruised at all! Well you look great, get well soon. :)
Thank you!! I got lucky but my top lip is still kinda numb and is swollen and sticks out like a duck from the side view haha
Bit everything shoul be good in a bit when that swelling is gone!
can you feel the implant? forgot to ask the other day....does it move on you or can you feel it shifting at all
You know what, I tried doing the exercises thAT they mention but I can't feel the implants! Guess they are where they need to be but I keep trying to move my mouth all different ways which I started yesterday. The bottom seems fully moveable but the top still has some swelling and numbness but I can move it around just not as much as the bottom yet. Waiting waiting waiting! Haha
Well that's good you cant feel them...i could imagine what one looks like doing the mouth exercises...I'm sure my boys will be making fun of me during that time...already prepared for the quacking to start when i get home from surgery LOL...i guess it gets better over time with movement and doing the exercises...my PS said not to do any exercise movement for about 3 wks...little nervous thought it was 2 weeks to start...as soon as my stitches are dissolved and healed ...starting... your about a week out right..
I actually took my stitches out yesterday on one side and the other side just now. Healing was fast and they were sticking out like loops on each side. No biggie I called and they said it was ok. As for mouth exercises, you know yourself the more you can do as time goes by. I wouldn't open up more than needed the first 4 days or so since it does need to heal and not mess everything up. Right now my bottom lip is completely normal I make all kinds of goofy moves and faces. The top however is still waiting for some swelling and feeling to come back all the way.all is even and I got lucky with bruising I guess. You will be fine. Can't wait to see my top lip results when I smile big bug. Instead of this full smile but not natural way yet. Yours is getting close!! I bet you are excited!!! I go for ,y 1 week checkup tomorrow and will post whatever he tells me then.
Auto type sucks btw!!! Haha big not bug
Oh and I just cut my stitches in half with my scissors and pulled em out. I guess they were not the dissolving kind as they were clear plastic looking
Ouch :) guess you were anxious to get them out LOL Thanks for all the heads up and pointers...i plan on sticking with the liquid and syringe so i don't drool everywhere....getting very excited couple more days till i get mine....i looked at couple of others girls photos; I'm thinking i probably should've went with the large on top too :( was afraid it might be too big for my face...oh well see how it looks when everything is settle.....auto type does suck totally understand what you were trying to say hehe...funny though...like mad libs :)

It looks great so far! Please continue to keep us updated as you heal.

Wow...they look awesome :))...i can see a difference with your top lip...very pretty...doesn't look like you have much bruising either ... your doctor did a great job
Thanks! However there must be something about that 3rd day after surgery. Everything from below my eyes started swelling. It's gone down some today but yesterday was crazy! It was the most swollen I have been. Also, my top lip is still much more swollen than the bottom. I can open my mouth more though. I can't wait for ALL of the swelling to be gone so I can eat and talk normal and see the results!!