That's a wrap!

Hi all. I'm 25 years old and live in San Francisco...

Hi all. I'm 25 years old and live in San Francisco. Since August of 2010, I've lost about 90 pounds (from 245 to 155) and having shed the pounds, I also shed the vitality of my breasts. I have never been pregnant so I can't blame breastfeeding for my premature sag..it's really just a loss of mass. I had my initial consultation with a plastic surgeon in June and I feel like at the time my breasts were more deflated than they are now. I question if I really need the surgery because I don't want to make a hasty $11,500 decision. Of course I don't need it, but is my case one that is reason enough to justify the cost. I don't know. Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on a bilateral mastopexy with augmentation (likely silicone but I am open to the idea of saline.)

Thanks for your words of advice.

Hi everyone, sorry it's been awhile since my last...

Hi everyone, sorry it's been awhile since my last post. Honestly I have been trying to not focus on the surgery so much since I am so apprehensive about the cost.

Well, my pre-op appointment is tomorrow afternoon and that is where I will make all of my decisions and pay in full. This is where I need your advice. In your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of both saline and silicone implants? I know that saline is the less expensive option and may not last as long but I am in the dark about anything more...

Also, what are your thoughts about under or over the muscle implants?

I'm scared but mostly about getting weighed, lol ;)

Thanks for the tips, everyone.

Alright everybody, my surgery is this Friday...

Alright everybody, my surgery is this Friday morning at 7:30am. I decided to go with Saline as they seemed to be the safest option as well as less expensive. My PS told me that since I already have a significant amount of breast tissue it was the obvious choice -- knowing that my breast tissue will be able to cover the implants nicely.

I have been having dreams about the surgery... things going wrong, boobs not turning out how I want them to...

Picked up my prescriptions yesterday as well. Can anyone tell me how many days I'll be in significant pain? So, if I have 50 tabs of painkillers how long will that last me?

I am getting very nervous and would love any comments or feedback.

Hey everyone. So, my procedure was yesterday...

Hey everyone. So, my procedure was yesterday morning and I think it went as well as it possibly could have. I did not experience any anesthesia nausea and the pain is pretty bearable. My doctor seemed more down to earth and personable while we were going over the pre-op and that made me feel better about the procedure. I think I charmed him into wanting to do his best work ever.

My boyfriend drove me to the surgery center and thankfully we were on time. 6:30am! There was not much waiting (for me, at least). The nurses called me back into the pre op area. I had to switch into the medical smock, booties and hat and sit under warm blankets. The IV went in with no trouble. I sat with my mom and she took some silly pics of me in the hat while we waited for my PS. When he came around he had me sit on the edge of the seat with perfect posture (so hard for me) while he drew on me with the purple pen.

My anesthesiologist came around and I made sure to tell him that I'm not as sensitive to sedation and anesthesia as other people are. They injected my IV with some sort of preliminary anesthesia that is supposed to calm my nerves and get me ready to go under. I forgot what it was called, I know it's a 6 letter word. They told me I probably wouldn't remember anything after they injected my IV with the first bout of anesthesia but I remember being wheeled into the OR and the team tried to get me to tell them about crazy Vegas stories. After that, I was out.

I woke up to my mom and my boyfriend next to me kinda shocked that everything was all done. I have a video of it and once I put it up privately on YouTube I can give anyone who wants to see it a link to watch me acting all doped up. My doctor came by a few times - the first time I don't remember - to let us know that the surgery went ideally, no blood loss, everything fell into place. To reiterate, I had a bilateral mastopexy with saline implants under the muscle. I'm not sure what size my PS ended up going with but I think maybe a full C or a modest D. I had a hard time initially with pain. The morphine didn't seem to take the edge off so the nurses gave me a shot in the rear and then eventually Vicodin.

After getting home, I slept on and off all day. Ate a substantial amount of kettle corn. Had some fried rice and potstickers and I've just been taking it easy. My mom told me I look really pale but I think she's just not used to me not having makeup on.

Thank you thank you thank you for all of the well wishes. You guys are the best!

I'll post new pics as soon as I can.

Xoxo

1 day post op pics are up ladies!

Hi Ladies. Feeling very tight and experiencing...

Hi Ladies. Feeling very tight and experiencing more bleeding today. Also, my appetite is gone, little to no interest in food.

I'm worried that the incision under my left breast has a busted suture or something. I hope everything is ok under there. It's hard to tell.

Also, I've take two laxatives and three stool softeners (with laxative) and NOTHING. Getting desperate over here.

Talk to you soon. Xoxo

Hi everyone, Post op day... 5, I think....

Hi everyone,

Post op day... 5, I think.

Was just wondering when I can expect for the implants to drop? I am starting to hate the football look. They seem to be lodged under the muscle and going nowhere fast, it's getting really annoying. How long did it take for your implants to settle into a beautiful round shape?

Thanks!

Ladies, I need your advice. I am post op day 12...

Ladies, I need your advice. I am post op day 12 and my initial bruising from the surgery had gone down, turned from purple to yellow and seemed to be on the mend. However, recently, it seems like I am getting new bruises (perhaps from the booby exercises) and my incision sites are tender and sore. Has this happened to anyone else?

My PS said I should come see him if I am really concerned about it (which I am) but I live in the city with no car, a full time job and his office is 25 miles away.

Hey ladies.. post op day 18. Today was the first...

Hey ladies.. post op day 18. Today was the first day where I felt acclimated to my new boobs. They felt like a part of me and not so foreign. They also felt less swollen and like they had gone down in size!

I had some issues with tenderness and more bruising last week but things seem to be on the mend as I have tamed down my exercises.

One thing is that my left breast has dropped ahead of my right. I hope they catch up soon.

Posting new pics for all to see.

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear from you.

My sister had a breast reduction performed by the same doctor in 2000.

Hi lovely! Whe have almost same time of surgery (mine was jan 19ยบ) Did you experienced tender skin? The skin on my breasts are really tender, as if I had a rash or something but nothing noticeable, i guess it's the nerves healing! You look great ;)
Hi FireFly; first off congrats on the weight loss, I admire and respect all you ladies who had the courage and determination to take control of their lives! : ) Your PS did a fantastic job. I had a BL with Aug in Nov 2012...my left side has always been a head of the right side, I am 11 weeks post op and the dropping was gradual. I am approximately 90% dropped, my muscles were not willing to relax. take it slowly, I day at a time,you are still sporting new borns ; ) Good luck!
Everyone is different. You may not even notice they are dropping until you compare pictures. I didn't realize mine had dropped much until I looked at a progression of pics. And then I noticed I could shave under my arms a little easier since the implants weren't taking up so much room up there :) I know it's hard but you have to be patient. Easier said than done, right? You look great already. Enjoy!
Excellent result xx
You look great! What a fantastic shape- thrilled for you x
Yay for beautiful new boobs!!!! So happy for you. Glad to hear all went well. REST and enjoy! ;)
You look great!!! How are you feeling?
Congrats on what will become beautiful new boobies over the next few weeks. Tell your mom your color will come back in a couple more days. I had the same pale sickly look too.
I just put some makeup on and that helped a lot. I feel like a normal girl!
Hope it went well!
I survived! Went very well...thanks for checking in.
Good luck tomorrow!
Thanks gal. I think it went very smoothly!
Oh! I also wanted to tell you not to freak out about your after surgery weight. I weighed myself surgery morning and the very next morning I weighed in 6lbs heavier. I knew the implants were only about 1 1/2lbs so I was in shock. It took about 2 weeks for it to go away. I am sure it was fluid from surgery but just wanted to FYI you.
Definitely not planning on weighing myself afterward. Eeek! Did you feel really bloated in places other than your chest after the surgery, like tummy for example? Thanks for the heads up. If I had planned on weighing myself, I would have probably flipped out.
YES! My stomach was bloated and hard right from the beginning. I had read all of the issues ladies had with bm's because of pain medicine so I started taking stool softeners and drinking prune juice right away but it didn't work. The bloat was just a reaction from surgery though because I came home that way. It lasted about 5 days.
So excited for you! I have saline under the muscle and they feel great only 3 weeks post op. I realize they have changing to do as I am early in my recovery but my friend was nice enough to let me feel her saline implants (that are 10 years old) and they feel totally great and she loves them. Also, I have a friend who had hers done a couple of years ago and she went saline and said they felt as good as her own breasts did. My sister chose silicone and hers feel fine too. But I chose saline based on their reviews and safety. It was nice that they were less expensive too :) My time at the surgery center in total was less than 4 hours. I had no pain just a very heavy chest. Although they were the size of large oranges, it felt like I had 2 watermelons on my chest. I totally expected to be in pain as everyone I know who had just implants said it was so painful. I did have percocet and a muscle relaxer and took them faithfully for the first couple of days and weaned off. You will find that you need them at night for sure but I didn't wake in the night to take them after the first night. I slept in a recliner which I really think helped my comfort level. Getting up and down will be uncomfortable with these new bowling ball weights (or so it feels) on your chest. You won't want to be getting up and down from bed much. But after couple of days of that and a some pretty serious "morning boob" you'll start to feel better and better everyday. I have a husband 3 kids 2 bullmastiffs and a full time job i had to go back to in a week. You should def make sure to take it easy. I have had some new swelling last few days and my ps says it is from over using my arm. Good luck to you...hope you love them! I'll be checking for updates :)
Wow thank you for all of the advice and info! I will go back to work around 9 days after the surgery. I hope I don't have to take any more time off than that. I'm pretty happy with my choice of saline as well. I just wanted my boobs to look sexy and perky perky perky! I don't know where I'll sleep (in my bed or in a chair) but I'm expecting for it to be a complicated process. Can you tell me a little more about your experience with the anesthesia? Did it take you awhile to get out of the "fog" so to speak? Thanks again, please keep in touch!
I personally get very nauseous from anesthesia so I woke up and my first memory was gagging to throw up. Of course I didn't since my stomach was empty. My ps gave me a patch to put on before surgery to help but it just effects me this way I guess. I was totally coherent before bedtime. I took a nap as soon as I got home and woke up alert a couple of hours later to eat and take my drugs. I will say that my energy level was lacking for over a week. I went back to work on day 8 (I think) and I was exhausted. I have a desk job and work at my own pace but I could barely stay the day. I feel like I was truly back to normal for day to day life by day 12. Please feel free to ask anything at all. Being able to rely on the support of the ladies of this forum is what carried me through this...still is :)
I also had anesthesia nausea. That was the first two words I said to my nurse as I was waking up. Sick and pain. My brain was fuzzy as i woke up and i couldnt think of anything else to say. My incisions were lollipop and the first few minutes felt like lit cigarettes on my skin until she gave me my pain meds in my IV and my nausea meds. My nurse anesthetist came by and had to hold a vomit bag for me but othing ever came up just dry heaves. After a little while she had me to take oral meds and some sprite, but getting up and to the bathroom the first time brought time nausea back. Move slowly. Take several pillows to put under your arms for the ride home and it will be more comfy. I lived a little over an hour away from my surgery center and was already feeling awake by the time we got home. For the first few days love your meds and sleep a lot if possible.
I had a Wednesday surgery and took pain meds every six hours until Saturday. Night time is when you need them the most to sleep comfortably because it is so hard to sleep sitting up and get used to the pressure. Mine was not too bad on pain because I went over muscle, but the incisions and your nipples will be sore to any pressure. Size is also a factor. My implants are 500cc but smaller will cause less pain. My prescription was for 1-2 pain pills at a time and I only used one every six hours. Good recovery considering the extent of surgery with a lift. If you are going under the muscle since you chose saline, muscle relaxers should be a part of your prescription package. The one they use at my surgeons office is Soma. Good luck.
My doctor didn't prescribe muscle relaxers only Percocet and an antibiotic. I hope it works out for me. I am getting so nervous at this point.
Make your surgery recovery easier by gettingnyourmhouse as clean as possible, do all your laundry, have frozen meals that are easy for the first couple days. Get ice packs or frozen peas to help with swelling and pain. Lots of pillows are helpful for sleeping. I needed to prop up on them and used one under each arm the first couple days. Buy a stool softener over the counter like docusate sodium and take one with each pain pill. You do not want to be constipated after using narcotics. Drink plenty of water and avoid trying to recover too fast. Take it slow,and let your body heal. Have non adherent dressings to put on your incisions and supportive bras if your PS doesn't give you more than one as part of your package. Non scented lotion to rub on skin to make stretching less itchy. It gets bad after a couple days.
Hi, I never really felt a pain after my op- more of a uncomfortable tight feeling, and that only latest a few days. Good luck! X
The silicone gel (gummy bear) are awesome. They feel far more real, and you dont tend to get puckering like you can with silicone. They dont leak like the old silicone ones either.