Horrible Experience; Mean Surgeon - Baton Rouge, LA

All I wanted was a little botox. First of all, he...

All I wanted was a little botox. First of all, he did not adequately describe the surgery ("a little incision and you'll look fresher, and I'll remove fat pads under your eyes, it'll make you have more prominent cheekbones"). Huge coronal scar, over-elevated brows, itching around brows and scalp, red bump inner right brow. He said it would get better, but this was over 7 years ago and it's getting worse. One brow higher than the other, etc. And of course, board certified...that doesn't guarantee competent surgeon.

Covington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reversed my horrific endo brow lift that I got 5 years ago. I went to a Dr. in NYC - who I absolutely loved, his bedside manner was something I have never witnessed before in my life. He sat with me before and after and even walked me out the door when it was all over! I just love him. So thankful I found a girl on this website who recommended him,...- by chance I stumbled upon her post because she used the same dr. that got us both into this mess in the beginning. My bruising is not that bad- compared to my first butchering- and I have absolutely no pain what so ever. Unreal right?? Again, I am only in my 5th day, my brows are so much lower- my inner corners and outer corners- my forehead is not this huge ugly shiny long hairline that made me look like I was being blown away from a gigantic fan! (those of you would understand just what I mean) I am excited to see my "old" self in the mirror again. I will write a review on this Dr. when I am all healed- I just wanted to give you ladies my update for now , I will keep you posted-thanks for writing and caring- we are all in this together and whatever we can do and say to help one another -I know can mean a lot. Sincerely
Hugs and congrats to you my friend! You are going to be your beautiful self again! I am so happy for you and your strength and determination have helped me push forward to getting my awful coronal browlift fixed. XOXO
YOUR NEXT MY FRIEND! X0X0X0X0
So glad for you! Sounds like your surgeon knows what to do. Please let me know this doctor's name. Maybe I could get a consult one day?
Has anyone heard of the use of tissue expanders to repair an over elevated coronal lift?
Dr yaremchuck in boston. No tissue expanders. I have consult Friday. Had horrific coronal 3 years ago.
Sosad4me, Congratulations on your good results! Looking forward to hearing more as you heal and the surgeon's name. Thank you for sharing.
Hi all, Update for you's - Going on a couple weeks after reversal. First day, I looked completely normal-not one bruise- second day started to get purple third day purple?lol- 4th day yellowing already = 5th day = makeup and out. --I might add there was not an ounce of pain through any of this at all. I didn't need to take any of the pain meds that were prescribed for me. I actually couldn't believe it. And I've never been one to heal very well-I was very surprised. You leave the Dr.'s office with a few staples in your head- I know sounds bad- but they are so hidden I had to move my hair all around the place to see each one. You then have to go back about a week later for Dr. to remove the staples. I was talking with a staff member as he was removing them. I asked him if he started to take them out and he told me he already did it! I swear I could not believe. Now-down to business.....result?? It's been 2 weeks I have to say my forehead is--= oh my God so much lower! I can already see my big long wrinkle coming back right across my forehead = where I might add I used to hate with a passion and would run to get botox to remove it as much as possible. Now... I welcome it my friends. ..=May I add it's not back ..of course not yet-but I see it. My forehead is still wrinkle free , it's a normal looking wrinkle free forehead- it's not long with overly done hairline + oh best part-No more cone head! My alien shaped forehead is gone! Now since it's only been 2 weeks, I can't really say too much about the shape of my eyes yet. - They aren't as hollow looking big giant and round because
Yay!! So happy for you! You gonna need to change that moniker sosad! It's been a long hard journey for you and there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel. Getting your old hairline will make such a difference, god bless the surgeons who dedicated themselves to reversing others mess ups. We are the ones who must suffer in silence and I'm thrilled that you are getting your face back, beautiful wrinkles and all. Thanks for the update. You have helped me SO much.
Stay hopeful How was your consult with Dr Yaremchuck? Good?--I hope.
Sosad4me, I am happy for you! Finally, right? Could you share your doctor's name. Thanks for your input!
Hi Alene, it's this Friday. Thanks for asking. I will post from airport on way home, I'm flying right back
Oh brother, sorry my computer froze! So as I was writing, Now since it's been (going on 3 weeks) , I can't really say too much about the shape of my eyes yet- They aren't as hollow looking big giant and round because my brows are pushing down on them now. -Before this surgery, the Dr. had to give me Botox to relax my muscles. He told me I should start seeing a difference after the Botox wears off what I will look like, in other words- as much as I loved the way this Dr. did absolutely everything - so far- .... I am loaded up with Botox. Yes, my forehead dropped, so happy to see my old wrinkle, my eyes are not as big and round anymore and that awful shaped head is gone. I hope for good, when you've been through so much shit for 5 years, your not fully convinced of anything yet. I know that the bridge of my nose used to be skinnier? or appear longer looking.. now it still looks fuller between my eyes thus in turn still making my overall appearance different. Those of you who had an exaggerated brow lift would understand what I mean. So far? scared, hoping my forehead continues to drop , my eyes stay almond shaped , my cone head does not come back and the bridge of my nose goes back to normal and doesn't have so much skin or fat between my eyes. That's how I feel. When the Botox wears off -or even starts to wear off, I will know. So yes again, this Dr. is terrific but in 3 weeks is it a complete reversal? Dr. said in 3 MONTHS I will know for sure. Can't wait for final results-breath in breath out
My friend, You have showed such courage and strength , your determination and persistence in spite of all your obstacles is now going to pay off. I will be thinking of you and your consult with Dr. Y every second on Friday- Stay safe, stay well and stay strong my friend.
Dr. Z. Paul Lorenc 983 Park Ave. NYC and thank you. Pray for my continued reversal. I'll keep you updated.
Going on 5 years with endo brow lift -that ruined my life. It's still so hard to look in the mirror. My whole head has changed it shape. My forehead looks like it belongs on an alien. I am finally going for a REVERSAL! I am scared to death - it's so hard to trust another plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you, i'll let you know how it went.
I can totally relate. Can I please ask where you are going. I have to do something. I too feel like an alien with this come head and high hairline. Don't know how these surgeons live with themselves
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I look forward to the updates and want to wish you all the best in your efforts to reverse the mess your surgeon created. My surgeon told me that I would only have two stitches, one above each eyebrow. What a joke! I had many stitches and I HATE the way they look. Truly a nightmare! I feel for you...please keep us updated and good luck!
Do not go to James Lanasa. He is a hustler.

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience, Alene. I Googled your doctor and came up with a Dr. Joseph La Nasa in Metairie, but he's listed as a urologist, so I'm confused -- Is this the right doc?

Nevermind, I think I found him now -- James LaNasa?

I just don't know how they sleep at night knowing the pain, disfigurement, and suffering they have caused innocent people. Best of luck to you.
I'm very sorry to hear about your bad brow-lift and that it hasn't gotten better even after 7 years! That's just awful! That worries me because I did the same thing and regret it. My surgeon told me that there would just be two stitches, one above each brow within the hair line but that was not the case at all. I get tension headaches now and even worse, I hate the way they sometimes look. I have to force a frown to try and get them lower and at the same height. I feel like a gullible idiot.
Thanks for responding, Faith. I feel like an idiot also, but how do we know who is a good surgeon?. Have you ever heard the saying "Cutting for Cash?" I didn't need any fat pad removal from under my eyes--he did it because he could charge more. So now I have dark circles and look gaunt. I can't wear bangs to hide the straight line scar on my forehead because of the chronic irritation/itching caused by the surgery. And all he could say was, "Well I don't know why your face does that?" Like it was my fault; and "maybe it'll look better when you're 80!"
Oh Faith, I just read this and am so sorry. I too, was the foolish trusting victim of a surgeon who performed an unnecessary and brutal coronal browlift w/o any consent. I didn't believe it could have happened to anybody else until I got on this board. I had one hair transplant, but still have to wear a wig for some bangs. Im looking into doctors who reverse coronal browlifts, I found one in Mass., Dr. Yarmechuck. Wondering if you have had any relief from the surgery now that its been several years for you. Thank you for sharing your experience.