Super Duper Nervous :-). Super Duper Excited. -Baton Rouge, LA

My facelift is scheduled for 2/4/14. Just like...

My facelift is scheduled for 2/4/14. Just like everyone else who has ever contemplated this, I'm nervous, scared, excited, ready for it to be tomorrow, ready to back out completely.

I'm 51 years old and am a breast cancer survivor. This occurred when I was 34 years old. The same clinic that did my mastectomy is doing my face.

My face started dropping and wrinkling horribly after menopause. I started noticing that my skin and neck looked worse that those of much, much older women. I'm ready to tackle this :-)

Pre-Op Finished!!!

So, reality is setting in. I went and signed my life away and wrote the check today. I went back to my car and almost threw up. Then I looked at a bunch of amazing results and felt oh, so much better. I wish it were today. :-)

tomorrow is finally here!!!!!

Wondering if I will sleep tonight???

Geez

The surgery went great!!! I woke up in almost no pain, except for around my mouth where I had a chemical peel. I was thinking how easy this was going to be
And then WHAM!! The anesthesia wore off. Reality has hit and she's not pretty. I didn't have anything done to my lips and boy they are
Huge.

Day 3!!!

I was able to take a shower today!!! Amazing!!!! I've experienced very little pain at all. Very uncomfortable, but no pain. The worst part has been the chemical peel around my mouth. I had the drain removed and that was a huge relief.

Day 4!!

My mouth was on FIRE when I woke up this morning. I was sure it was infected. It finally calmed down after the Aquafour was liberally applied. That was so far, my biggest "oh shit" moment. My lips are still huge, but ice is helping.

Day 5

I don't see much improvement today. Like, no improvement at all. I'm getting bored and ready to be out of the house. It's cold outside so I'm feeling stuck. I guess I'm going back to sleep. The best part of my day is taking a shower. Other than that, and sleeping, there's not much to do other than heal.

The best thing I did for myself is to buy a wedge shaped pillow. I also use one of those neck rolls that you use on a plane. I'm definitely a side sleeper so this is keeping me in the right position.

Still very little pain, just major discomfort.

My family

They all came over to spend the day with me. HA!!! I think we all ended up taking a good nap together.

Photos from before surgery:

Day 6!!!

Today I've been blah all day long. Tomorrow will be a better day. I'm ready for the healing to start in ernest!! Note to anyone considering this surgery: take a LOT of stool softeners. I'm going to attempt a short walk this afternoon. :-)

Day 7!!!

Feeling really good. Going to have the stitches removed today. So looking forward to be outside for a bit!! My right ear hurt really bad last night. I must have slept on it wrong. It's much better this morning.

Did I mention the need for stool softeners?? Just forget about those and go straight to a laxative. Your body will thank me later for that little pearl of wisdom.

Day 8!!!!!

I'm driving!!! And it feels really good!!! Not far, but yay me!!! Now when I got out of the car I definitely got some uncomfortable looks. I held my head high and smiled.

Behind my ears are very tender, but other than that, I'm feeling good. :-)

Day 9!!!!

Feeling good!!! I still have tons of swelling, but fortunately, very very little pain. I do have that "strap" feeling under my neck, but it doesn't bother me. The chemical peel is beginning to heal. Finally!!

Day 11!!!!

Feeling good!!! I'm really glad I'm not going to work anytime soon as I definitely do not feel ready to face the world. I think that 14 days is a really short time to recover from this. My face is still lopsided and the chemical peel is still very raw. I feel like my left side is doing better than my right. Who knows, maybe I just look at it too much.

Day 13!!!!

Maybe it's time to put a little makeup on. HA!!!

Feeling Great!!!

So yesterday, during a shower, this HUGE scab fell off behind my ear. It felt so good after it fell. I didn't even realize it was back there. Under my neck is still tight, but oddly I find that comforting. This was one of the big things I worried about, that it would drive me insane, but it's really ok.
All in all, I find that I'm doing much better than I thought.

Healing!!!

I saw my 3 year old grandbaby today and she said, "Nonnie, you are HEALING". Sweet baby girl. She's right, I'm healing!! Still away to go, but doing ok. My neck hurts at night, but I love it!! Can't wait for the swelling in my cheeks and eyes to go down.

6 months!!!

Yay!! 6 months have gone by and honestly, most times I forget that I've gone through a facelift.
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Associates in Plastic Surgery in Baton Rouge, Dr. Gary Cox. I have used this clinic before on my breast reconstruction after mastectomy.