Horrible Results - 11 year old saline implants - Baton Rouge, LA

I was told to drain my 11 year old saline implants...

I was told to drain my 11 year old saline implants to see where my natural tissue & muscle would retract back to after 4-6 weeks. I did this & then discussed a smaller than my previous 350cc saline implant because I had been pregnant & breast fed my daughter & grew to an overly full 34DD cup. My size never got any smaller so 7 years later I decided on surgery. My Dr. Said that after seeing my breast 5 weeks after draining the implant, I needed a pexy lift where a large indecision across the fold would lift my breast & then using a 260cc high profile silicone gel implant would give me roundness. I was told over & over that I would never achieve perkiness & fullness at the top of my breast. I now feel that this was bad advice & I should've done a full anchor lift with a larger implant & I would've been able to achieve the fullness at top. Please give some advice, this surgery is ruining my life right now & I don't know what to do next. Im 5'3 120 lbs. my dr only cut across one areola when i asked to be made smaller, all was done was cutting to revise small bumps from previous peri areola lift done 11 years ago. It was not made smaller, & the left one was not touched at all. Please help me to figure out how to fix this. They keep telling me fullness at top can not be achieved & the squareness will go away with time. All I do is cry, please help me.

I don't know how you can complain with breasts like that. They are beautiful, perhaps having truly horrifying breasts like I do would put things in perspective especially because I cannot afford surgery.

So sorry to hear this. Will you be using the same PS? If so, will you be getting any type of discount? If you are seeking a new PS, you will want to start a new review in the Breast Implant Revision community. This way the new PS can get his own doctor rating from you for his work. Good luck in your research and thank you for your continued updates!

It's been almost 2 months since your surgery. How are things now? Have you noticed any improvements during the healing process? Hope you are well!

Hi, thanks for checking, but it's only gotten worse. They now sag worse than they ever did before. I guess since the swelling went down the 260cc implant just isn't near enough to give me the round fake look I would like. I'm rescheduled for a full lift & new implant so now I'm trying to do my research and make the best decision I can to achieve what I want. I'll keep posting updates!
can you post before pics? How did you like the size you had before? I would say a good, "average size" is about 400cc, but really depends on the person... i would say though 260 is very small, esp if you had more previously, bring lots of pics of breasts shape and size you like, make it crystal clear and do the rice test (uncooked rice in baggies, get an idea of what size you will be comfortable with)
I'm trying to get my before pics now from my file. I did bring multiple pics of what I wanted as well as pics of what I did not want. I was so clear on exactly what I expected. I achieved nothing by this. Like I stated before, I look worse now than I did before I had anything done. Trying to decide now if I want the dr. to redo them if if I'm just going to eat the cost & go somewhere else. I'm just so frustrated!!
so you went in for a lift and the doctor only did the right side? well i just had revision implants AND a lift only cause the original surgeon put in HP 550 cc implants, they bottomed out and stretccchedd my tissue. I will say, if you are looking for upper pole full ness the HP will NOT give you that, unless you are very narrow. I had the full lift and my new surgeon used 300/360 implants which i still am NOT happy about since i was very clear i wanted 400cc, and since i have lost weight before/after the second surgery i barely fill out a C cup. If you decide to have it redone I would defin. NOT use the same surgeon... if he couldn't get it right the first time and they never admit when they don't, RUN! I mean before i even read your story i thought the one looked like nothing was done to it. Whatever you decide we are here for you. I been there, tears and all. My main focus now, is to be sure these incision (vertical) FADE as much as possible

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf. Although photos are sometimes difficult to see exactly what is going on, it appears that your aerolas are perfectly matched. Regarding the shape, you might still be way to early post op to worry about your final results. Most women take anywhere from 3 to 6 months for everything to fall into place. I was a bit lopsided for 3 months post op. If you are still unhappy in 3 months, you may want to seek a second opinion. Keep us posted on your healing progress!

So sorry you are not happy! I'm in New Orleans and used Dr. Metzinger - could not be happier with my results (unless I had been naturally blessed to look like I do now). I highly recommend you seek out a couple other consults! Good luck and keep us posted!
Hi, do you have before & after pics? I don't mind going to New Orleans at all if its worth it!
So sorry to hear you are having these issues. I can imagine it must feel like a nightmare. We know the risks of unpleasant results but when you pay so much money you expect to be happy. I don't know who your surgeon was but mine was Dr. Gary Cox of Associates in Plastic Surgery Baton Rouge. I couldn't be happier. There is no charge for him to take a look and give you some options. Good luck. I hope it gets better for you.
Sorry to hear you are so unhappy. I would think a full anchor and implant would give you the results you were / are after based on the consult I had with my PS and just from reviewing other ladies on this site and research I have done. Take care. They actually don't look bad, just not what I assume you were after!