CoolSculpting Journey - Basking Ridge, NJ

I had the procedure done on my lower abdomen and...

I had the procedure done on my lower abdomen and right flanks on 6/6/13 and left flanks on the next day - 1 hr on the belly with the big applicator and 2 hrs - 2 areas on each flank side with the smaller one. I am 37 yo and relatively fit, but couldn't get rid of that fatty pouch on my belly after the pregnancy. The procedure itself was not painful at all. It was a bit unusual when done on the lower abdomen, because i had to make my breathing shallower but that's it. I would describe it as a bit uncomfortable due to the position i had to lay in esp when done on the flanks, but that's about it. The staff, where i did the procedure was very accommodating and made everything possible to make me feel comfortable. Treated me lunch, coffee, dessert-you name it. I watched movies the whole time while there on the office ipad so that definitely helped passing by the hours spent in the office.
After the procedure i was swollen and sore. The massage right after the procedure was a bit troublesome but for a short time. I was sore and the area sensible to touch for about 3-4 days, had some itching as well.

days 5, 6 and 7
This is when the pain was at its peak (only on lower abdomen though, my flanks were fine). On a scale of 1-10 i would say the pain was 9 for me. Like many of you described i had shooting, stabbing, cramping pains, which thankfully were relieved with Advil. However i was plenty uncomfortable to the point i had trouble walking and sleeping.
So my advise to you is - be prepared. Some people never had anything more than a mild discomfort. However others-like myself, had about a week of down time. Don't expect that you will do just fine with some minimal swelling and soreness and if you happen to have the pain and down time you may be disappointed and angry. If you expect it to happen and it doesn't, all the better! It's definitely a possibility, and the doctor doesn't know why or if it will, so he/she won't be able to tell you.

Day 8 to 14
After a week the pain and discomfort started to quickly disappear. I went back to my exercise routine. Now i am 2 weeks post procedure and i still have my lower abdomen numb and a little itchy but totally tolerable. There is no swelling on my flanks, but i think i still notice some on my lower abdomen.

I know that the results with this procedure take time, so i am just very hopeful and will keep my progress on the site updated. :)
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Evdokimow is extremely knowledgeable, caring and highly skilled physician with an excellent staff. I cant say enough good things about the way i have always been treated while in the office or even when i had issues while on vacation and had to call the office of email the doctor. Dr Evdokimow really cares for his patients and i would always trust his opinion and expertise.

How did your results turn out? I hope you're doing well -- please update us when you can! :)

I am really, really happy with the results!! Especially on my belly!! I might have to repeat the sides, but my abdomen is really flat now!! I have all of my girlfiends wanting to do the procedure now ;) !!One warning!! Some people say they didnt have any pain post procedure...however i did. On the 3rd, 4rth and 5th day the pain was pretty bad. But still nothing compared to surgery!!..overall i had a down time of 10 days...

Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind. I wonder what causes the pain? I've seen some people have zero pain and others call it "excruciating."