A Lot of Shots but Sooooo Worth It! - Barrington, IL

Only 3 days out but I am already *loving* my...

Only 3 days out but I am already *loving* my results! Had 45 units of botox in forehead and 11's plus some Juvederm XC to plump a crease between eyebrows. Then had 1/2 syringe of Juvederm XC in lower lip to match a photo I brought in showing exactly what I was looking for. Dr Bazell really looked at the photo and took his time injecting specifically to give the look I was after. He also uses a certain kind of numbing agent before injecting the lips so it was *honestly* completely painless. No worse than someone pinching your lip between their fingers. Amazing. Last of all, I had 2 full syringes of Radiesse injected into nasolabial folds. Mine were seriously deep and I was not thinking it would be possible to make them go away but - they are gone! I chose Radiesse *without* the anesthetic injection first. I won't lie here - I have a pretty high pain tolerance but this was *painful*. The reason I went without painkiller is bc he told me that this will make your swelling last MUCH longer and I did NOT want excess swelling at any cost, esp since I only had 4 days off work and needed to look 'normal' again before returning.

I had no bruising but the usual swelling. I used Arnicare cream from day 1 and also the Vitamin C cream that Dr Bazell's clinic sells - well worth it. I also drank a ton of Pineapple juice and took Papaya Enzyme (papaise enzyme) supplements from day 1. I iced it all day long from the moment I left the office through day 2. After that I was tired of icing and just let it go down normally. CAUTION: If you have ragweed allergy or hayfever do NOT use the Arnica Montana pellets that so many people recommend here!!! I was taking 4-5 a few times a day and getting severe allergies, even wheezing; I think it actually increased my swelling! Took me a while to figure out it was the ARNICA and not just Spring Allergies - just fyi!!!

Will post photos later, after all swelling goes down.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Went to his clinic when it was downtown and really appreciated his considerate and professional approach as well as long-lasting results.

Congrats on getting your liquid facelift!! Thank you very much for letting us know about the allergies you were getting from the Arnica. That is definitely good to be aware of!

I'm so glad to hear you were loving the results at the early stage. How are things looking now? Is there any noticeable swelling left?