I Have Seroma, Leakage, Infected, and Incision Ripped Open

I had a tt done on Nov 27th 2009, there is no...

I had a tt done on Nov 27th 2009, there is no pain, but extremely swollen tight on my belly continuously. Scar was healing nice and quick. 18st day later I had a fever for one day and two nights, but my incision no redness or harden related to a sign of infection. On 21st day the dark red liquid leaked through my incision, I used a few cotton pads to dry it out. Later on the day leaked more, I used 15 pads to dry and some pressure on it to make it stop. Next day amount of good 6-8oz of dark red liquid squirted out and continue leaking from one hole to two...now I have 6 holes of leakage. Two weeks after the leakage (45th day) got infected. Dr. prescribed a Septra and antibiotic ointment. Now most part of incision ripped opened. The result from a TC scan, there is approximately a one litter of fluid still remain.

I can only cry, so worry. My kids need me to be there for them. My general surgeon would treat me either put the tube to drain or cut to drain, and will leave a big long cut open to heal. that's scar me the most. What would most Dr. treat the case like mine? Am I going to live for my kid? I need to hear from other Dr. Please.

What most Dr. would treat an after tt infected and incision pops opened?

Hi hunni sounds like I just had what you need done it is really the best thing for you I went straight to emergency they also cut out dead tissue what ever needs to be done its the best for you and the family im atm about 5hrs post op clean out
It sounds to me as if the doctor removed the tubes too soon. After only two days your were more then likely still draining. I had the tubes in for about a week & I was still draining. As a result, I developed a seroma. Has your doctor drained your seroma with a needle? It really doesn't hurt & you really need him to drain it if he hasn't already. For the scar I recommend a product called Arnica gel. It's sold in GNC. It's excellent for scars. Anyway, pls post pics. I would like to see how it's healing. Hope I've been helpful. Good luck.
I wish you would come back and let us know what is going on with you. From your photo I can't locate where the drains were. Did you have drains? Yes, I had more than a tt. but I had 6 drains and I don't see any marks on you from those. I hope you are OK-my heart goes out to you.
Yeah two drainage tubes were only two days. there were very tiny cut and left mark for only a week. I am in the hospital now, I am not sure should I show the piture of my tummy. I am feel fine, but I am not sure about the healing process though. Thanks to you are with me.
I can't bring myself to look yet
I am not sure who you are asking in reference to the drainage tubes, but mine were in when I left the OR. VSKTA, I hope you are doing better. I feel fine and I am completely back to normal life and working out. But... I still have to deal with the fact my surgery did not work or hold or something. We are not sure yet, so I might have to have the surgery again. I know it sucks to be me... I do hope your are feeling better. Take care..
hi there, did u have the drainage tube inserted after surgery?
Yes I had 2 drainage tubs for only two days. The mark was very tiny, they disapeared quickly.
I feel for you and know you are so scared. I have kids too. I had a tt in May 09, I also had a problem healing in a couple of spots and where the tube for drainage was taken out leaked for days. I never had pain or got an infection, thank God... But, I can tell you what my Dr. did. He gave me Silver-coated Anitmicrobial Dressing (made by Anticoat)I was to cutt it to the size I needed to cover the spots that were open then cover them with guaze. Which in the beginning was 4-5 spots, then two then nothing. All healed I think in a week or so. I HIGHLY recommed it!! It is really used for burned victems. Amazing stuff!!! But, make him give it to you, because it is super expensive. My Dr. had no problem and I could not believe it after I found out the cost. Ouch!! Also... As of the leaking, what a pain that was.. I got tired of not being able to go anywhere without knowing if I was going to leak through. So, I would put one piece of gauze and then a maxi pad. It does not have to be a big huge one, but it totally stoped the leaking through to my clothes. AnywayI hope this helps. Keep taking the meds but add this too it. I swear by it now. Some of the holes cleared up in two days. I have a question for you.. You mention you had a TC scan. What is that? did you Dr do it? and how detailed was the scan? what details of your inside does it give?
Thank you for your reply. For sure I will ask my Dr. for that. I am going to have an operation tomorrow, please pray for me. Sorry, my bad, the TC scan is the CT, which is take a picture inside and show every angle. Are you completely healed? Thanks God for you. How do you feel, now? If you have any other recommandation, please. Next few day I should be stay in the hospital. Welcome to contact me anytime. Thanks again. Lots of luck to you. Vskta