Alarplasty - Bangkok, Thailand

My nose has been an issue for me for a while. I...

My nose has been an issue for me for a while. I guess I'm just conscious of it, no one has ever given me reason to hate it, I just saw a few pictures of myself laughing and thought "WOW that's not ok"... I always thought it was too long and my nostrils were too big (I can probably fit 2 fingers in each nostril if I really wanted to).

At the consultation, my doctor talked me out of having a tip reduction because he said it was a nice nose and many Thai people come in requesting for their noses to be longer, like mine!!! Isn't that funny! So we compromised and just had the alarplasty - nostril reduction.

The nostrils were done at the same time as my eye bags. He cut a bit off the outside of my nostrils, the bits that were connected to my face, and brought them in a little. I felt nothing! The doctor was marking my nostrils, next thing I know, I'm in some weird trippy video game, almost like a funny dream. Then I woke up and he was cutting my aha bags out.

Right now, my fave is swollen and I look like a chipmunk but in 1 week I get my stitches out & I hope to be able to see the final result.

2 weeks post op

The main thing i notice with the recovery of my nose is that i don't have 100% of feeling back in my nostrils yet. I can flare them up and move them around, but when i touch them it feels a little like pins & needles: just slightly numb with a bit of a tickling sensation. Also when i laugh too hard or smile too much (a constant issue for me) it hurts, but this is something i need to control (maybe stop hanging out with funny people).

I still have stitches inside my nostrils but they're not visible & the dissolvable kind so they'll just pop out whenever they're ready i guess. One side of my nose has a scar, the other doesn't, it's great! But i'm applying cream to the scar, see what happens. Overall, the change in my face is minimal but enough so i'm not self conscious anymore.
Dr Suthat

This doctor is amazing. He won't do a surgery if he thinks its not necessary and he really gives you his honest opinion. My nose appears to be even, not at all lop sided or crooked. I love this guy!