Excited for Results. Didn't Think It Was All That Painful - Baltimore, MD

My doctor has been recommending that I do this for...

My doctor has been recommending that I do this for about 2 years because I am constantly complaining about my turkey neck. I am 45 years old, and when I looked in the mirror and saw a neck that could pass for my grandmother's, I knew I had to go ahead with it. As the price for the entire face was $400 more than lower face and neck, I did a full face ultherapy. First off, there was a mix up when I scheduled the treatment, and they told me that I was not going to need a driver. So I drove myself to the appointment, left my kids at their camps, only to be told that I was going to have to take an oxycodone as it was sooo painful there was no way I was going to make it through the procedure with just numbing cream. I had already paid a $1600 deposit and waited 6 weeks for my appointment, so I was not anxious to reschedule. Even if I had been able to find someone to pick me and my car up, I still had two kids at different camps with all sorts of things to do today, so, against all the nurses pleas, I went ahead and did the ultherapy with just numbing cream and advil. And you know what, it wasn't really that painful. There were a couple of the deeper passes on the throat that radiated into my shoulders that stung for a second, and on the more superficial passes across the forehead, it feels like your hair is standing on end, but I found that the pain, while is isn't exactly pleasant, isn't terrible. It is very transitory -- we're talking a few seconds, ladies -- and to be honest, I think getting a filling or a dental cleaning is more troublesome. I was in the procedure for almost two hours, so unless you panic at the mere thought of pain, I wouldn't give the issue of pain another thought! For comparison, I have done exilis and fraxel in attempts to fix the neck, and I thought the heat from the exilis was far more uncomfortable than the ulthera. As far as after treatment goes, my neck feels like it has a bit of a sunburn, but itsn't red or inflamed, and the rest of my face feels fine. No redness.

I'm hoping my ugly neck looks better soon!
Baltimore Dermatologist