Team Panniculectomy and Breast Reduction ,Let's Go - Baltimore, MD

I am having a BR because i have been experiencing...

I am having a BR because i have been experiencing neck back n shoulder pain along with rashes. I am having a Panniculectomy because I have sagging skin on my lower abdomen that causes lower back pain as well as leg pain. I am So excited , can't wait til the day of surgery. I welcome my new look n life.

Surgery date change

Hello everyone this morning I received a call from my PS office telling me that my insurance is covering for me to keep my belly button and to offer me a new date of August 12th which happens to be my bday as well, I took that date instead of my original September 2nd date because I do home school my son it would better for me, that way I can start on September 1st. Before pictures coming within a week. Wish me luck.

Pre op

I will be having my pre op testing done on Friday the 8th of August , then off to the OR four days later. I will post some before and after pictures.

Pre op done

Went to the prep center to do my pre op for my surgery, now I'm jus waiting excitedly.

After surgery must haves

Things I will need after surgery for recovery:
*Bedrest pillow
*IB Profen
*Hair dryer
*Grabber

If I think of anything else I have purchased I will update

Some of my essentials for recovery

1 day and a wake up to go

Tomorrow is my big day

Well not only will I be celebrating another year on this earth, I will also be celebrating and embracing my new look. I have everything I need my bag is packed I am READY!!!!!! I hope I'm not to medicated afterwards so I can update my experience for all of my fellow Realself members.

The day is here and the time is now (almost)

Well RS family ,my day has finally arrived I am on my way to a new me. Will keep you posted. Please keep in your prayers.

Out of surgery

Me

20 hours out..

2 days post op

Feeling great, satisfied and excited

Reaction

Funny everyone has sort of the same reaction when they see me (all positive) , they say how my face even looks different and my complexion has gotten lighter. My 12 year old son said u look skinny lol I had to explain to him how being top heavy makes a huge difference because that's all people see so they will automatically consider u fat.

Coming along

This chair is the bomb.com I have been sleeping in this chair since the second day home at its wonderful...

PO today

Well I had post op appointment today, PS says I'm healing perfect, he removed all 3 wound vacs and 3 out of 4 drains , he gave me my binder and I will go back next week to have last drain removed and staples from my tummy removed. I feel great , I can shower now..

Itching

My boobs are itching like crazy, but not even where the incision is it's on top. I put some Benadryl cream on it but it doesn't seem to do the trick the only thing that seems to work is if I take 2 Benadryl pills....hellllllllllllp

Itching like crazy 11 days Post op

My itching is terrible, I just grab a chunk of skin out for some relief. I have tried Benadryl pills, cream and my prescription pills for itching and none of it seems to give me relief....uuuuggghhhh

Allergic reaction

Well I had an allergic reaction to the bacitracin ointment ...this really sucks, like I really need more itching. F/u tomorrow hopefully he can give me something else to use n to stop this itching.

Pineapple juice

Has anyone started drinking pineapple juice for the swelling and has it worked?

Guess what

Had to return some large bras for medium one's, woooohooooo so pumped. Can't wait till tomorrow so I can wear one. Also I visited my mom yesterday and she said she could see a big difference from the last time she saw me which was on August 23rd. I am so excited to embark on this new journey of mine.

Approaching 1 month PO

I seldom go back in mind and remember when this journey I'm on was just a thought and want. I still find it hard to believe how many life changed just after a 4 hour nap. I would tell my husband,mom and children how I couldn't wait to be free of the pain that was caused by my breast and stomach. Now that I have had my surgeries I must say I was really grateful that my pain was minimal and I never had to take my pain medication that was prescribed for me when I was discharged. I have no regrets thus far and would do it again if I had to. I have even been an inspiration for some family members to start looking into getting their breast and hanging pannus removed.

Question

Has anyone who had a panni notice expansion of the tummy after eating.

Kjc4090

Thanks I feel better knowing its a natural process

Workout time

Tomorrow marks my 31 days PO do you think I would be ok doing tummy exercises like crunches etc? What exercise has anyone done that has had a panniculectomy and BR around 30 days PO or do you think it's to early.

New pictures

I will post pics of my stomach later when I can get someone to take them for me

New pics

Will post my stomach later, need some one to take pics for me

Bras

Where and what kind of bra can I get now 7wks out
Dr. Singh

My PS is the best he has really changed my life.