Finally Set a Date Panniculectomy, lipo of the abdomen, waist, back, and buttocks -Baltimore, MD

After 2 consults, I've decided to have a...

After 2 consults, I've decided to have a panniculectomy with lipo to abdomen, waist, back and upper buttocks. The first PS suggested a full TT with no lipo because he thought my love handles were great..NOT. His statement made my decision much easier. So I'm scheduled now with the 2nd PS! My emotions are all over the place...I'm nervous, anxious, and scared to death, if that makes sense. Anyways, I'm glad I found this site and can't wait to share my journey.

Another pic

I can't wait to get rid of this!

The countdown begins

The countdown

Well the countdown has begun! I am picking up my meds today and doing laundry. I have to keep myself busy to help with all of this anxiety. It's gotten so bad, I had to ask the dr to send me a prescription for xanax!! I will check back in before my big day..ttyl

The time is near!!! Tomorrow!

The time has flown by...I can't believe it's time! My power lift recliner came today, my cleaning crew came yesterday, I went grocery shopping, now I'm washing clothes. I'm still a nervous wreck. I can take a xanax one hour prior to surgery, so hopefully, it was relieve some of this madness....well guys, I will talk to you on the flat side!

I made it!

I will give details soon. I'm kind of high from the meds.

New Pic

So where do I start

My PS prescribed me a xanax to take one hr prior to surgery. Let me just say.....it worked. I didn't experience any nervousness, anxiety, nothing! After I arrived, I was immediately taken to the back where I changed into my robe and compression socks. From there I was taken to the surgery room, where I was sponged down. I got on the table and the anesthesiologist said she was going to give me something to relax...next thing I knew, I was waking up in recovery. My surgery was at 8:30, I was still in recovery at 3:30. Apparently, I just wanted to sleep.

The drive home was uneventful because I didn't remember a thing. What I do remember is walking up all of my steps from my garage to my bedroom...40 steps!

I am in a lot of pain, but I'm getting up every 2-3 hours to walk. I've also been running a love grade fever, 100.93, but my PS said it was normal. No abnormal leaks, redness, etc.

Ok back to sleep I go. My first follow up is Thursday. I will post more later.

another pic

4 days post op

Drains

Drains came out today! Yay! The dr said everything is looking great!

finally

I finally made a bowel movement...I had to have a suppository! I feel so much better!

another pic.

Just wanted to share a new pic.

I'm coming along

feeling much better

I had my follow up on yesterday and the dr told me I didn't have to wear my binder anymore. I have a love/hate relationship with my binder. Will definitely wear it until I can get something more comfortable. I don't have to go back for another month for follow up. I do have a small opening at my incision that is draining and a little drainage from my drain site...other than that, I feel pretty good.

new pic

I just wanted to post a new pic. I've lost 20lbs since surgery. Feeling good..not 100% yet..

new pic

Basner

Loved my PS. He did everything he said he would and more. I'm super happy with my results.