Finally Set a Date Panniculectomy, lipo of the abdomen, waist, back, and buttocks -Baltimore, MD

After 2 consults, I've decided to have a...

After 2 consults, I've decided to have a panniculectomy with lipo to abdomen, waist, back and upper buttocks. The first PS suggested a full TT with no lipo because he thought my love handles were great..NOT. His statement made my decision much easier. So I'm scheduled now with the 2nd PS! My emotions are all over the place...I'm nervous, anxious, and scared to death, if that makes sense. Anyways, I'm glad I found this site and can't wait to share my journey.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Are you having surgery because you lost weight, or just to get rid of some excess skin and fat pockets?

Hi Kirsty, I'm getting rid of some excess skin and fat pockets.

Well good luck, keep us updated on your progress!

Another pic

I can't wait to get rid of this!

The countdown begins

The countdown

Well the countdown has begun! I am picking up my meds today and doing laundry. I have to keep myself busy to help with all of this anxiety. It's gotten so bad, I had to ask the dr to send me a prescription for xanax!! I will check back in before my big day..ttyl

Good luck on your surgery "!
Thanks a bunch!
Good luck! I am also from Baltimore patiently waiting for insurance approval hopefully I will have my panni in February. Please keep us posted I am very nervous about the surgery & recovery. I wish you the best!!!

The time is near!!! Tomorrow!

The time has flown by...I can't believe it's time! My power lift recliner came today, my cleaning crew came yesterday, I went grocery shopping, now I'm washing clothes. I'm still a nervous wreck. I can take a xanax one hour prior to surgery, so hopefully, it was relieve some of this madness....well guys, I will talk to you on the flat side!

Thank you for sharing. Keep updating. I just started my research looking to have it done in May/April. You mind sharing your weight & if you lost any before surgery.
Hi. I was 239. I didn't lose anything.

I made it!

I will give details soon. I'm kind of high from the meds.

May I ask did your insurance cover it or did you pay outta pocket
No, I paid out of pocket.
Hey I was wondering if I may ask how did you pay for this out ta pocket or insurance if the latter who covers you

New Pic

You look great already! I can't wait until mine. Looking at your results justs pushes my nerves to the side temporarily lol
You look great already!
Thanks! This recovery is a little rough, but I'm making it.

So where do I start

My PS prescribed me a xanax to take one hr prior to surgery. Let me just say.....it worked. I didn't experience any nervousness, anxiety, nothing! After I arrived, I was immediately taken to the back where I changed into my robe and compression socks. From there I was taken to the surgery room, where I was sponged down. I got on the table and the anesthesiologist said she was going to give me something to relax...next thing I knew, I was waking up in recovery. My surgery was at 8:30, I was still in recovery at 3:30. Apparently, I just wanted to sleep.

The drive home was uneventful because I didn't remember a thing. What I do remember is walking up all of my steps from my garage to my bedroom...40 steps!

I am in a lot of pain, but I'm getting up every 2-3 hours to walk. I've also been running a love grade fever, 100.93, but my PS said it was normal. No abnormal leaks, redness, etc.

Ok back to sleep I go. My first follow up is Thursday. I will post more later.

another pic

4 days post op

Wow! Looking great! Thank you so much for updating. We are similar in body shape & weight so your story is really helpful to me. I'm in Chicago. Just starting my journey but plan to move fast. I'm tired. Been looking at this stomach for 18 years. I'm sorry you're in so much pain. That's my biggest fear.
I will say..the pain gets more tolerable each day. I'm so glad I made the decision to have this done. I was so tired of looking at my second stomach. Good luck with your journey

Drains

Drains came out today! Yay! The dr said everything is looking great!

finally

I finally made a bowel movement...I had to have a suppository! I feel so much better!

another pic.

Just wanted to share a new pic.

I have my surgery dater set for feb 28, 2014 I'm excited and scared at the sametime. I dont know what to do to prepare myself for the surgery, I dont have the funds to by a chair so are there any suggestions?

I'm coming along

Thanks for posting. Looking great! I have four consults next month. Can't wait!
That's exciting! Keep us posted!

feeling much better

I had my follow up on yesterday and the dr told me I didn't have to wear my binder anymore. I have a love/hate relationship with my binder. Will definitely wear it until I can get something more comfortable. I don't have to go back for another month for follow up. I do have a small opening at my incision that is draining and a little drainage from my drain site...other than that, I feel pretty good.

How are you? Has your swelling gone down? Any new pics to share?
Looking wonderful glad u feeling good.:-).
Thanks roxanne39. Everyday gets a little better.

new pic

I just wanted to post a new pic. I've lost 20lbs since surgery. Feeling good..not 100% yet..

new pic

How are you doing now? I just had my panni and circumferential lipo done Thursday (3 days post op). How long till you were feeling back to yourself?
To be honest, Im six weeks out and I'm now beginning to feel like myself, I did have a small setback, I had to have my incision opened in 2 areas to allow drainage that the JP drains were not able to drain. Had my 6 week f/u appt yesterday and my incision has closed, still having more swelling then my PS expected but everyone is different and this set back was something he discussed with me prior to surgery as we knew he was going to be very aggressive - after surgery I'm down 15lbs - so he was extremely aggressive, but I must say even with the swelling I look fantastic, I am very happy and cant even imagine that I will get even smaller!! How are you feeling?
I'm doing ok. Had my follow up yesterday and he removed my drain! :) he removed 7liters from lipo and my panni weighed close to 5lbs. None of that is really showing on the scale yet as I'm extremely swollen. I'm feeling more human but I have to remind myself not to do too much. I'm glad you are starting to feel better and your incision is now closed!
Basner

Loved my PS. He did everything he said he would and more. I'm super happy with my results.