Finally Set a Date Panniculectomy, lipo of the abdomen, waist, back, and buttocks -Baltimore, MD

After 2 consults, I've decided to have a...

After 2 consults, I've decided to have a panniculectomy with lipo to abdomen, waist, back and upper buttocks. The first PS suggested a full TT with no lipo because he thought my love handles were great..NOT. His statement made my decision much easier. So I'm scheduled now with the 2nd PS! My emotions are all over the place...I'm nervous, anxious, and scared to death, if that makes sense. Anyways, I'm glad I found this site and can't wait to share my journey.

Another pic

I can't wait to get rid of this!

The countdown begins

The countdown

Well the countdown has begun! I am picking up my meds today and doing laundry. I have to keep myself busy to help with all of this anxiety. It's gotten so bad, I had to ask the dr to send me a prescription for xanax!! I will check back in before my big day..ttyl

The time is near!!! Tomorrow!

The time has flown by...I can't believe it's time! My power lift recliner came today, my cleaning crew came yesterday, I went grocery shopping, now I'm washing clothes. I'm still a nervous wreck. I can take a xanax one hour prior to surgery, so hopefully, it was relieve some of this madness....well guys, I will talk to you on the flat side!

I made it!

I will give details soon. I'm kind of high from the meds.

New Pic

So where do I start

My PS prescribed me a xanax to take one hr prior to surgery. Let me just say.....it worked. I didn't experience any nervousness, anxiety, nothing! After I arrived, I was immediately taken to the back where I changed into my robe and compression socks. From there I was taken to the surgery room, where I was sponged down. I got on the table and the anesthesiologist said she was going to give me something to relax...next thing I knew, I was waking up in recovery. My surgery was at 8:30, I was still in recovery at 3:30. Apparently, I just wanted to sleep.

The drive home was uneventful because I didn't remember a thing. What I do remember is walking up all of my steps from my garage to my bedroom...40 steps!

I am in a lot of pain, but I'm getting up every 2-3 hours to walk. I've also been running a love grade fever, 100.93, but my PS said it was normal. No abnormal leaks, redness, etc.

Ok back to sleep I go. My first follow up is Thursday. I will post more later.

another pic

4 days post op

Drains

Drains came out today! Yay! The dr said everything is looking great!

finally

I finally made a bowel movement...I had to have a suppository! I feel so much better!

another pic.

Just wanted to share a new pic.

I'm coming along

feeling much better

I had my follow up on yesterday and the dr told me I didn't have to wear my binder anymore. I have a love/hate relationship with my binder. Will definitely wear it until I can get something more comfortable. I don't have to go back for another month for follow up. I do have a small opening at my incision that is draining and a little drainage from my drain site...other than that, I feel pretty good.

new pic

I just wanted to post a new pic. I've lost 20lbs since surgery. Feeling good..not 100% yet..

new pic

Basner

Loved my PS. He did everything he said he would and more. I'm super happy with my results.

How are you doing now? I just had my panni and circumferential lipo done Thursday (3 days post op). How long till you were feeling back to yourself?
To be honest, Im six weeks out and I'm now beginning to feel like myself, I did have a small setback, I had to have my incision opened in 2 areas to allow drainage that the JP drains were not able to drain. Had my 6 week f/u appt yesterday and my incision has closed, still having more swelling then my PS expected but everyone is different and this set back was something he discussed with me prior to surgery as we knew he was going to be very aggressive - after surgery I'm down 15lbs - so he was extremely aggressive, but I must say even with the swelling I look fantastic, I am very happy and cant even imagine that I will get even smaller!! How are you feeling?
I'm doing ok. Had my follow up yesterday and he removed my drain! :) he removed 7liters from lipo and my panni weighed close to 5lbs. None of that is really showing on the scale yet as I'm extremely swollen. I'm feeling more human but I have to remind myself not to do too much. I'm glad you are starting to feel better and your incision is now closed!
That is great to hear!! Please don't do too much, I think that has been my problem and the cause of the swelling not decreasing as fast as expected for me.
Hi futureflatbelly...because I had so much lipo done to my stomach and back, it took me about 2 months to feel almost normal. My incision from my panni never gave me any discomfort.
Thank you both for your comments, I'm scheduled with Dr. Basner here in Maryland this coming Friday. I'm a little anxious but so ready to get rid of this second stomach that actually looks like a buttocks just in the front. You look great even at 2 days post-op. Good luck to you both.
Good luck to you...keep us posted.!
what was needed for your pre op?
How are you? Has your swelling gone down? Any new pics to share?
Looking wonderful glad u feeling good.:-).
Thanks roxanne39. Everyday gets a little better.
I'm still researching doctors in my area. What did you look for in your doctor? Were you able to go back to work after 2 weeks? Does your job require sitting for long hours? Are you able to drive now? Do you have any regrets or warnings? I know I'm asking alot of questions. I'm just so excited! I love your results!
A friend referred me to my dr. I loved her results so I knew I would be in good hands. I sit all day at work but right now I'm working from home. I definitely couldn't imagine going back after 2 weeks. I think 4-6 weeks is good. I ventured out today and drove for the first time and it wasn't so bad. I was exhausted when I came home though. My incision opened a little in the front and I'm having a little drainage coming out but the dr told me it wasn't anything serious and that it would heal in a few weeks. Other than that, I'm just sore from the lipo to my back and butt. Feel free to ask me anything.. I did the same thing.
Thank you! Is there anything u would have done differently?
Not at all.
How's everything?
Everything is going good. I'm still quite tight, so I'm not fully standing straight. That's the only thing that irritating me right now. Other than that, I'm ok. I will try to sleep in the bed tonight for the first time. I've been in my recliner since the surgery. So wish me luck! How's everything going with you? Anything new to share?
How much did you weigh before and after the surgery. I'm a fit believe it or not 240. I'm looking for a doctor in jacksonville, Florida. I love your results. If you don't mind can you please share how much this procedure was.
Hi, I was 239 before the surgery. I've lost 15 pounds since the surgery (2 weeks). I paid $8200 out of pocket, I didn't go through my insurance. Good luck in your journey. Keep us posted!
I have my surgery dater set for feb 28, 2014 I'm excited and scared at the sametime. I dont know what to do to prepare myself for the surgery, I dont have the funds to by a chair so are there any suggestions?
Thanks for posting. Looking great! I have four consults next month. Can't wait!
That's exciting! Keep us posted!
I highly suggest getting a power lift recliner. Do you have a rent a center in your neighborhood? It's approximately $30/ week. I'm at my 2 week mark and it's been heaven sent. If you could get it just for 2 weeks, that would be of great help. I also got a portable urinal so I wouldn't have to squat or sit to use the bathroom. I hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply! What is the recovery time? How long should I request from work?
I took off 2 weeks from work. The incision doesn't bother me too much but the lipo of my abdomen and back has been my worst pain. I will be 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I'm still not able to stand up straight.