Worth It, but Go to Good Doctor - Baltimore, MD

Left with a visible scar, and planning on getting...

Left with a visible scar, and planning on getting it done for a second time early next year. Going to better doctor next time. Had the procedure done in 2008 and unfortunately the lip has dropped too much for my taste. Worth the procedure, but didnt think I'd have to get it redone so soon!

Where are your pics???
Hi Bouknows, i'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience with Dr. R. I had planned to have my lip lift with him last Sept and was very close to booking my surgery. It wasn't until I did some more extensive research in real peoples reviews of his work. I only found one bad review but that was enough to put me off. I'm due to have a lip lift with Dr Niamtu in Richmond Virginia in 5 weeks. He specialises in face surgery rather than face/body, his photographic results look stunning and i've yet to find a bad review. If you're planning on having it redone then i'd recommend checking him out as he also does facial reconstruction. I'll be posting my pics soon :)
Sorry, my reply was meant for Bride!
Please recommend a very good doctor for a lift lift. I has some surgery, I thought, performed by Dr. R in Baltimore. I can't say enough about how very bad it was. I was actually going to get an attorney, but just got my money returned.
Who was your first doctor?
Hi! I have a lip lift w/ Dr. R soon, i read your review and now i'm really scared. Was your only dissatisfaction the scarring? Do you think this is because he did not take the time to stitch properly? Did you like how much he took out and how your lip looks overall? What were your expectations when you said you had "higher" ones? Sorry I'm just so curious since i'm having mine done very soon and would love to hear more about your experience. I am in my late 20's and also only doing it to shorten the distance. Your feedback would be SO appreciated!!
Hi Lola, I had upper lip lift a week ago with Dr Rodriguez in Baltimore. Be sure you are in good hands. I am only a week post op and I love the youthful appearance Dr R has given me. I can now show my teeth when I talk and do not feel a heavy upper lip lift. He is very knowledgeable in this area. I would definitely recommend him. I did my homework before going to him and it was worth it! Please read my review: Joana123.
Thanks for your reply. As an African American scarring is a definite concern as we can be more prone to keloids. I am sure we all are looking for the best in skill and technique, which will evolve over time. You are appreciated.
Hi All!

I dont have any before and after photos with me now (at work), but I will post over the weekend. No date for second surgery, but I have found a place in VA with a great doctor, so that's exciting. Still hoping to set a date for early next year.

My first surgeon, Dr. R, stitched skin AND muscle. The result is an improvement for the overall look of my face, but maybe I had higher expectations? I have seen other lip lifts, especially on younger patients (I'm in my 20's), and they lack scarring, pitting, etc.

Thanks bou for the update. And not problem on pictures we can be patient, excited to see them when you do post. Have a great weekend!

Bouknows
Hope all goes well with your second surgery. Did your first doc stitch skin only or skin and muscle hemming? Are you willing to share name of first doc?
Thanks for your help.
Im from baltimore md yayy and can u post a pic cus I think about getting mines done...
Britt thanks so much for the comment and warm welcome! I really appreciate it.

No fun at all having to schedule a second surgery (and so soon!). I originally got it done because I had a naturally long upper lip, not because of aging. The doctor I went to had great bedside manner but didnt stitch me well. I'm left with visible pitting and small scarring (and this is after 2 steroid injections and 2 laser treatments!).

Dont have the next surgery date set but I'm hoping for end of Fall. I'll be sure to take pictures and post! Hopefully the new doc will cut out the scar too and I'll be able to cover the new one with makeup ;)

-Bou

Hi Bou,

Thanks for the added info. End of fall isn't that far away and will be here before you know it. Yes we would love pictures. Please keep us updated of when you make the surgery and how things go.

Thanks,

Hi bouknows,

Welcome to the Lip Lift community. No fun having to have the procedure done again. Are you going to have the scar fixed too when you have the procedure? When is your next surgery scheduled for? Please keep us updated and if everything goes well we would love to see pictures.

Thanks so much for the review,