The Big Question.....lift or No Lift?! - Baltimore, MD

I have two consults scheduled in April with hopes...

I have two consults scheduled in April with hopes of having surgery the end of June. I was once a full C / small D. After two kids and some weight loss, I'm left with deflated small B's, maybe a small C. I do have some sagging but I feel like my breasts have always been on the lower side even before kids. My main goal is to have FULLER breasts and slightly perkier but also natural looking. For reference, I'm almost 32, about 5' and 120 lbs. I'd love to hear from anyone who has or had a case similar to mine. What procedure did you choose? What type of implant? (Saline, silicone, cc's, profile) Were you happy with the results?

Go with a Benelli (spelling?) lift. It's small and less scaring. Your areolais just right below your crease.
My doc recommended a lift, but I chose not to do it. I'm very happy with my decision thus far.
I had a lift done after my implants were removed. I am so happy that I did. I told my surgen to put my nipples a tad higher and make my areola a tad smaller. I had the surgery done one month ago and I feel great. I am still wearing a compression bra to help the healing. I think your breast will look awesome with a lift. Keep me posted. ;) Birdie

Ok so I've had my two consults: Consult #1:...

Ok so I've had my two consults:

Consult #1: This surgeon wanted to do a periareolar lift with a silicone implant. Office was okay. Staff was a little standoffish and snobby. Doctor was again, okay. He would perform the procedure at a nearby hospital. I found him by word of mouth.
Cost - $9,970

Consult #2: This doctor said I'm a borderline candidate for a lift but he doesn't like periaerolar lifts and doesn't think I warrant an anchor or lollipop style. He suggested silicone gel implant and subglandular since he says I have enough breast tissue to cover the implant sufficiently. This procedure would be performed in his on site surgi-center which has a 100% safety record (I checked) with IV sedation. I was referred to him by a friend who had her BA done last June.
Cost - $6,400

Has anyone ever received two completely different opinions like this? I was expecting them to agree 100% on the best course of action.

also - you should post your pics on here for the doctors to give you some of their thoughts... always nice to have some free opinions from trusted experts!
Thanks, I actually did that and got mixed opinions. Some said I could achieve my desired look with implants only and some said lift and implant.
yep - every doctor will have a different opinion... maybe see 1 more in person if neither has you feeling really good. When I went in for my first appointment with the surgeon I ended up choosing it felt like a great first date really. I was comfortable and felt like even though I didn't understand all his suggestions, that he would get me a great result. And I'm so incredibly happy!

3rd consult and more confused.....

Hi ladies! Okay so I've now had my 3rd and FINAL consult. I have to make a decision about this.

The 3rd PS suggested under the muscle saline without a lift. He said my measurements were only CM's from where I would be if he did a lift so at this point, he wouldn't advise it. He then suggested something that neither of the other two PS's suggested. He said he would do saline and only because I have so much breast tissue to cover the implant that you weren't going to feel the implant anyway so why spend the extra money? He said he only pushes the silicone gels when someone comes in with very little breast tissue because he said to the touch, you will feel the implant versus breast tissue.
I'm inclined to agree with him because it does make sense.

However, I'm now stuck on the over versus under thing. He said he doesn't like doing overs because capsular contracture is more common and the difficulty with mammograms. I liked the idea of overs because of the easier recovery but I don't know if I could do saline overs and still get a natural look....

Ugh.....

what did you decide? Have you had it done yet?
This may sound confusing but, I think #2 and #3 are both right. You have a good amount of breast tissue and oddly enough you might get almost the same results with both. I had a breast augmentation in Dec and was very unhappy with the results. I had cohesive silicone gel implants placed in the subfacial position. I like their position but, I have a lot less breast tissue than you and the cohesive gel was a lot harder than I expected it to be plus I can't stand the feel or weight of them. I ended up going to a different Dr. this month (he's a breast reconstructive surgeon) who spent two hours explaining all the different issues with placement, silicone vs. saline and weight. Weight alone, I suggest saline. My recovery was easy because I was subfacial but, after he thoroughly explained the 'under the muscle' to me (in step by step surgical terms), if I had to do it all over again, I might have chosen that position. I was a strong believer in textured until I read this ladies website about the toxicity of implants. She strongly suggests smooth for various reasons (she's a Natropath who has implants too). Going for a 4th or 5th consult is always a good idea. I suggest you look up your local reconstructive surgeons, see one of them and see what they have to say. Also, I don't suggest a lift, plan on that in 15 or so years when you should be getting them redone again. Good luck!
I was on the fence also about getting a lift but ultimately decided to NOT get a lift as I really didn't want the scars. I'm 45 and have quite a bit of sag due to weight loss and 2 children. I figured I can always go back when I have more $$ saved and get a lift. I have to tell you I truly believe I made the right decision to NOT get a lift. I was a 34B and am now a 34 full C or small D(according to VS). Although I am VERY happy with them, my left one was a bit droopier. My PS said I could do a purse string lift to correct 75% of the droop. That makes me very happy..and minimal scars. But he also said, I might not need it depending on where they end up dropping to...I'm only at 5 weeks . :) I would say this...scars are not reversible. I would go without the lift, see how you like it and then possibly do a lift after if you feel it's necessary. (BTW..the purse string lift is done under general anesthesia so no costly fees). Basically only the surgeon's fee.

FINALLY have a surgery date!

After a year of putting it off, re-evaluating and thinking way too much, I'm scheduled for surgery on Wednesday, July 23rd. I will be having a breast augmentation using high profile silicone gel implants. I'm excited AND nervous!

Hi, what cc did u decide on? I am same height and weight and hoping for C/small D.. Been offered 410/460 overs but think maybe they will be too much :/