Bad Blepharoplasty Leads to Depression

I’m three months post-op from a very...

I’m three months post-op from a very depressing upper and lower blepharoplasty. My eyes look uneven, I have wrinkles and excess skin where my bags used to be, and I have dealt with depression over how I look.

For the first month and a half after the operation, I noticed all of these issues intermittently but I didn’t panic because I was still recovering. A friend of mine chalked up my baggy eyelids to water retention after the operation too. But by the two-month mark when I went for my follow-up, I wasn’t getting better and my doctor knew it. He didn’t seem pleased with things either but nonetheless he kept telling me to wait for it to get better. He also said that, if things didn’t improve, I could always have the issues fixed with a laser or another bleph. I didn’t want this! I already paid for a blepharoplasty (the monthly payments are still coming out of my bank)!

I got depressed then and am still today dealing with the way I look. Some days I start to think I am getting better, my eyes are evening out, but more often than not I can notice the difference between my baggy left eye and my wide-open right eye. It’s obvious to everybody and this makes me feel sick.

If I had known a bleph could leave me this asymmetrical and odd-looking, I never would have had it done. But I was warned of none of these things! It was all about how great I would look; nobody bothered to mention I might look worse than before the operation

I too have experienced the same, so wish I had read your review before I did my procedure.
I am sorry Connie Rose. I initially went for a consultation for a facelift and was talked into the other procedures. I paid around $10,000 (facelift, browlift, and upper eyelid) to be scarred and not being able to close my left eyelid anymore. I understand, I didn't do my research either, my eye hurts everyday, my eyes don't match each other (1 is smaller than the other) and I've spent alot more money trying to get help with this (especially eyelid) and to this date, I'm scarred physically and emotionally.
It's so true how they never deny any one . Everyone is a candidate at the life style lift centers . They don't tell you the truth about the excruciating pain, the horrible thick scars , the pain in and around the eyes and around the ears . They don't tell you that you'll be scared for life . Both physically and emotionally . If I could turn back time I would never settle for less when it comes to my face . Don't get me wrong, for life style lift was not cheap . It cost me $10,000 . What I would do differently today is I would research the doctor that I would allow to cut my face . I didn't do my homework with the life style center in Downers Grove Illinois and I will regret that for the rest of my life . Dr. Robert S. Kagan ruined my face and my life .