Cursed with Cellulite Since I Was a Pre-teen...

My story is like so many others I have read on...

My story is like so many others I have read on this site. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. I remember the first glimpses of cellulite at the age of 12. I do recall the fateful day that I say these bumps and bulges all over the outsides of my thighs. I remember comparing myself to my step sister who was one year older than I was, and significantly overweight. Yet she did not have this cellulite. This has been proven to me over the years that cellulite attacks who it attacks, and your weight has nothing to do with it. So anyway, I went through my adolescence and teen years avoiding any setting that involved swimming. I never wore shorts. When I did swim, I would always wear a T-shirt to cover up. At one point I remember my mom saying to me, "You're too young to have cellulite." And that really hurt. As I grew up, I'm in my 30's now, I learned to cover up in different ways: wearing skirted bikinis, board shorts, anything to cover my thighs. I really just felt deformed and ugly.
Fast forward to 2009…
I started researching cellulite treatments. I found Lipodissolve. This was a costly waste of time. I spent something like $1800 on a series of 6 treatments that left me swollen and in pain. The results were nil! I had at that point resigned to live with cellulite. I thought there was no way that I would get rid of it. Doomed.
Fast forward to 2013…
I heard about the procedure Cellulaze. I researched it and for the first time I had some hope that this was FINALLY the answer for me. The science and the principles behind it made sense. There was an explanation for these dimples, there were bands holding them down. And if the bands were cut, the skin would lay smooth. Plus I was very encouraged by the before and after photos. The only problem is the procedure wasn't performed by any doctors in the Memphis area. In the back of my mind, I knew... not IF, but WHEN Cellulaze came to Memphis, I would be signing up!
Fast forward to 2014...
I saw an advertisement for Cellulaze in Memphis. I went to see the doctor at the Laser Aesthetics Body and Wellness Center in the Memphis area. The doctor, Dr. Campfield, was very nice. He has a nice practice. He specializes in SmartLipo and other cosmetic procedures. But after talking with him, it turns out he has performed ZERO Cellulaze procedures; and I was not about to be his guinea pig. Plus, he was not on the Cynosure list of certified Cellulaze doctors. (I highly recommend people look at their website and check). I was overall unimpressed or convinced he could perform the procedure with confidence and expertise. He offered a combo of SmartLipo and Cellulaze for the same intro price of $2900. I researched that evening and found that Cellulaze and SmartLipo CANNOT be performed in the same area at the same time. So that was another red flag to me. So I walked away. I am glad I did my research. And I implore you all to do the same.
Later that day, I went home feeling depressed. I got my hopes up for this procedure and now my hopes were dashed. I went about looking for doctors close to me. I found a certified doctor, Dr. Bacon, in the Nashville area. He was highly reputed, and I even saw him on a news program talking about Cellulaze while I was Googling. So I called up their office. I spoke with Claire Bacon on the phone, who was so helpful, so kind, and accommodating. She informed me that people come to Nashville from all around to get Cellulaze. In lieu of a consultation, I sent 8-10 photos in different lighting, from different angles via email to their office. Dr. Bacon reviewed the photos the same day and returned a quote to me. This doctor is one who charges by the size of the area to be treated, which cuts down on the overall cost. I only needed a small area on each outer thigh, so the quote was $2400.
I have scheduled the procedure for Monday, June 2. The doctor will call in a prescription for antibiotics, and a pain killer that Friday before the procedure. He suggested I get a good compression garment. From what I have read on RealSelf, people talk about the open crotch compression garments. They said I could use Spanx, but I have heard they are not the best to use for cosmetic procedures. So, I found a good surgical grade one: Taylor & Taylor brand Stage 2 Shaper Compression Garment with Open-Crotch. It retails for close to $100 and I found a new one on eBay for $60, and free shipping. This is a slip-on one, as opposed to a zippered one (that sounds awful to have to zip it up). I will travel to Gallatin, TN near Nashville and have the procedure done in their office soon. I will keep you all posted. I’ve uploaded my before photos for you to see.
I went to the place in Memphis and had the Cellulaze done. So nothing great. Same story as yours really. I know Dr. Bacon also and he isn't any better then any of the others. Too bad we can't get our money back.
Good luck, let us know how it goes! There's no photos on here though - do you mean you'll post them after the cellulase?

before photos

Here are my before photos
i can rELATE TO YOU. im 17 and plagues with cellulite. please let me know how it goes! its amazing how cellulite can stop one from living life, specially if one have low selfesteem
Camilazoe28 Yes it is! My husband tells me, "oh youre gorgeous the way you are" He doesnt get it. If you don't feel good in your own skin that's the opinion that matters most. I will update throughout the process. I am very optimistic , as my Doc is one who pioneered it in Tennessee. He has done numerous Cellulaze procedures so I feel confident he can help me!
i wish that your cellulite improve so that finally you get to be 100% happy with your body. if you dont get the result you wanted, dont give up. from what i can see in the pics you posted, your legs are still pretty, even with some cellulite in them. i understand what you feel... when i lok in the mirror ALL I CAN SEE ITS MY STUPID CELLULITE!!! im saving money so i can get this procedure done. hope it works on me let us know how you are doing! :)

Day After Procedure

I had Cellulaze yesterday. I took my antibiotics starting the night before as I was asked. I also took a Vicodin before the procedure as a preemptive measure :) However, It was not at all as painful as I expected. The only part that hurt was the numbing of the area where the incisions were made. He injected Lidocaine in 4 areas, 2 on each leg, where the cannula/laser entered. Then he pumped my legs full of numbing solution, after that I felt nothing, The whole experience lasted about an hour. Afterward the nurse pushed out all the remaining numbing fluid in my legs, which was gross. Then she bandaged me up really well at the incision points. I was told to wait to put the compression garment on until I got home and had a shower. This was a good suggestion because as I sat down in the car to leave, my legs gushed fluid. I went home and showered. I was told no bath or pool for a week. I got my husband to bandage me up after the shower. It made me feel very nauseous to see the fluid and blood trickle out. It continued to trickle out the rest of the night, although the bandages helped keep it off the bed sheets. I slept on one of those absorbent pads just in case. Overall, soreness. Not really painful. Hard to walk and sit down. If I was still, it felt tolerable.
Day after:
Today the pain is much better. Still sore but less than yesterday. Bruising is starting to form. Idon't see any results yet. I know some people saw improvement right away but I am reserving judgements until 6 weeks, that's when my doc said I could start to see results. I will continue to update.
Hi. Glad it's all over for you. You mention only 2 holes in each leg is that right? I was told they had to make 4, one in each corner of the area that they treat. Did your doc say why only 2 holes? How many areas did you have treated? Good luck.
I only had 14 squares, 8 on one leg, 6 on the other

day 3

I've uploaded two more photos. Virtually no pain today :) bruising is not as bad as it could be.. Thanks to the Arnica I've been taking for 2 weeks plus Rome lain tablets. So far so good with the drainage.. I think I could get by with bandaids from now on.

Bromelain

Damned autocorrect ...Bromelain tablets!!!
Good luck with this new treatment! I was happy to hear the cost was apportioned to the area after reading the minimum was 4000! I have had cellulite since my late teens too, and it is demoralizing especially when our moms chime in, mine did too! I weighed 125 at 5'7 with cellulite! (55now) I'm sending good cyber healing vibes :) your way! PS, also did lipodisolve, it left nothing but scare tissue for my surgeon to struggle with when sculpting my thighs with lipo! You have gorgeous legs, I hope lots of people in your lif have told you that!
I assume it's because I had so few squares. He treats and charges by the square. He told me on average women come in and get 25-44 squares on average. I guess he didn't need 4 holes
Did the squares go over just where the bruising is? Please keep posting pics, and thanks. If you wanted more squares done, how much does he charge per square if you wanted to work out the cost for yourself?

3 days post op pics

I don't see any inkling of improvement yet.. Kinda worries me bc some ppl say they can see where the dimple bands were cut and I can't :( I'll update again in a week. Wish me luck
Thank you for posting your review. I think at my age it's too late but you never know. You really did your homework so I bet you will have an amazing result. All procedures take an amazing amount of patience as we all want instant results. Hang in there and please keep posting and sharing.
The bruises are just developing. The squares were just where dimples were to begin with. I can see that the most bruising is around the incision sites. He charged around $160 per square

9 days out...

Bruising is looking way way better. First day at the pool ...I'm still wearing my swim skirt bc as you see the cellulite looks completely the same... Perhaps a bit worse. You can actually see all the imperfections in the natural sunlight. I know I'm only a week or so out but I am overall saddened bc I see ZERO improvement. I don't care what they say about 3-6 months.... The ppl who get good results see the beginning of improvement immediately ...I see nothing and so based on the reviews and photos I've seen on here I will probably be one of the unlucky ones... Need some encouragement here :((((
Don't get discouraged. Its going to take time. Everyone is different so think positive. I'm really thinking of getting this myself but the cost is yikes!!! Please keep posting :)

3 weeks post op

I don't know but I THINK I might be starting to see a LITTLE TINY bit of improvement ...feedback???

pics 3 weeks post op

sorry i meant update pics in 4 months not 3 duh
Results look way better. I hope you post more pics! How do you feel about the results currently?
In certain light, (esp natural) it looks a little better, but then i see myself in the bathroom under artificial light and it looks the same. I am not satisfied. But I am glad I didnt spend as much as some people have. My doc charged by the square. If it doesnt work, I may consider lipo to get rid of that fat at the top of my thigh. It pushes down on my leg and makes the dimples look worse.

1 month

Today I see a tiny bit more smoothness. The big dimple is still there but I am slowly starting to feel this MAY work.
Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress, I think things looked to have smoothed out, would be great if you could do a side by side next update.
I will do that Eva next week is my 6 week mark

Side by side pics

I appreciate all your documentation of your case. I live in Memphis too, went for a consultation for Cellulaze at the same place you mentioned. The Dr. wasnt in that day and I'm scheduled to go back to meet with him. I grew up and my parents live in Gallatin and so I was interested in all your research and opinion about the two surgeons. The more I read about Cellulaze, the more it seems that experience REALLY matters in order to have a decent result. Please continue to post your results and I am thinking very seriously about making an appointment in Gallatin.
Don't go to my doc that I went to in Gallatin. I am not seeing results
Looks good. I hope u post more pictures.

2 month pics

I am still waiting to see the full results. Not totally satisfied. I see improvement but it is SLOW coming. Please leave feedback thanks
I see results...I think it is much better...I know how you feel...and how slow it seems to be going...BUT i so appreciated your review and photos...I think it looks much better...I am an esthetician...i see your skin improved..
Amazing results!!
Hope all is well and your continuing to heal with great results :) Have a good day!

3 months

Three months out and i am still not satisfied with the results of the big dimple. That was my biggest problem to begin with. I will probably be marking my results as "not worth it" if I still look this way at the 6 month mark. 2K for these results... No way. I will remain patient and see what happens
Are you satisfied? I'm in Nashville and looking at cellulite treatment options. My area is nearly the same as yours. Feedback? Did you go back and tell them you're not satisfied?
I feel you. I'm 40 and remember when I was about 35 and saw myself in shorts in a mirror at the mall. I was horrified by the cellulite I saw. I am so insecure about it, I do lunges and squats and I hope to one day try a procedure that works. Keep us posted.
I want to get cellulaze and then i read all this stuff about jiggly skin and maybe it is just people not waiting the expected time frames for recovery....it just makes me nervous...but is see regular and smart lipo just does not have the results as cellulaze does

almost 4 months post op

Not too much difference. The deep dimple There's is still there. The overall smoothness is way better. If you have that "mattress cellulite" which is cottage cheesy then I think you should go for it. But for pronounced dimpling this procedure is not a good option. Maybe it depends on the doctor and their skill level. I do notice some improvement to the back of my left leg. Maybe you guys can tell too?? I'll keep updated
Thanks so much for taking the time to update your review.
I agree, there is definitely a good improvement. Yes you can very slightly see the large dimple, but you can't deny it has diminished. Is it worth $2K? Are most procedures worth $2k? Prob not, but that's (sadly) what sets apart people who get plastic surgery and those who don't.
I see a HUGE difference! Made a believer. Please post more pics