Terrible, Awful and Nobody Tells the Truth How Bad It Really Is!

I had lipo of hips and pubic mound with tummy tuck...

I had lipo of hips and pubic mound with tummy tuck and muscle repair. It looked really flat the first 2 weeks, then the upper part of belly sort of popped out like before although the lower was still flat. The pain is INSANE. I cant believe how bad it was even with the pain pump. the pain was about 2.5 weeks, before it let up a little. 7 months later, I still have so much swelling I look pregnant again, the sneezes will feel like someone stabbed you in the belly. you can workout your stomach becaus even the smallest stretch is so painful. my scar is gross and big, yes it looks better than the kango pouch and my clothes fit much better but it still is not worth the pain. The swelling alone is bad enough. you dont even feel like the same person. My pubic mound was fat so I had lipo, no I feel like sensation in my genitals is very low. I dont feel like I did before. NOT HAPPY AT ALL and I had my surgery at one of the best places in the nation , hence the price tag.

Exactly the same for me - how come no one is honest about the horrible pain? Also my scar is horrible and high....so disappointed-
I had a breast reduction a few years ago and i remember vividly that the pain from the lipo the had to do was much greater and lasted a lot longer than the irritation from the scars and tissue. it also took about 2 years for the swelling to go away completely, but the scars have mostly faded and even though the first few months were hard they were worth it. i hope your body adjusts and you are happy with the result.
Thank you fro telling the truth. i had a full tummy tuck , breast lift with lipo and i am 7 months post op. i am still swollen ? and it feels so weird . its numb yet i am uncomfortable i cant hardle go with my compression garment. how much longer am i gonna feel like this. 17 months more i guess.Alot of the information i found about TT said ide feel all better in 4 months HA!.i wish again thank THANK you for telling the truth
Thanks for the comments and SLK123, I really don't want to settle this without anything going on record. I want all to see what an ass this man is and what he has done to me. I know that is it going to long and hard but hey what else is there to do. I work so the money is not a big thing, I've got nothing but time if it will ruin him in the long run. I want him to pay dearly as I have to pay for the rest of my life. My complications will hinder me for the years. And research is not always going to produce negative results as I did research, and researched until my eyes were blurred. But if no one ever goes the distance we will never know the truth. Said thing about settling a case is that almost all times it is done with a non-disclosure clause and I will never be able to speak out about him to anyone. That hurts. So I think I am ready for the distance. My case is progressing, they are going to file in January for a court date so thats kinda quick. I know it won't be the end but just the beginning, but it will make the insurance company start talking especially because they know that a Malpractice Attorney will not take a case spend money and not have enough evidence to win. My Attorney, use to be a medical provider, then after years got a law degree and begun this. Not only does she work doing litigation she is also a mediator for the courts with insurance companies. So all bases are covered. Oh yes I researched this one too. Remember I have nothing but time!!!! Question everyone..... How do you put a price on human life??? We are priceless!!!!
I agree Kimberly you deserve to have a normal life and your life will never be normal again. Money can never make you normal but he should pay for what he did. I did know the risks of my tummy tuck, and yes your write things can go wrong no matter how much you research. I knew it could go wrong, but again I chose to take that risk to fix all the bad things from my C sections and the hysterectomy infection the indention, wholes, and wide scar in my skin. You know you may have to do the same thing because of the damage from this terrible infection. I wish you well, and hope that all that has happened to you does not ruin your opinion of all Dr's out there. I was very scared it took me six years to get the courage to fix mine, but because I am susceptible to infection I took antibiotics before surgery and after. I am really sick to my stomach your going through this. No one deserves what happened to you a simple blood test would have shown your white count high and should of raised a red flag. I sure hope you are ok threw all of this my heart hurts for you get well. You are a strong person and I believe your a survivor and you will win! V:)
Hi Kimberly...SLK123 really said it all. Due to an incompetent Anesthesiologist, my first C-Section was a living nightmare. I felt the whole thing--was awake but could not move or speak. After it was over, I had seizures in the recovery room. I was young, just wanted to take my baby, go home and heal, and did not follow through with a lawsuit as I should have (also, it was 1974, and there was far less litigation in those days!) When I went in for my second C-Section two years later, I made sure I was getting a different Anesthesiologist, talked with him at length the night before, and had a wonderful experience. Yes, litigation is a real hassle, an emotional drain, and drags on forever, but oh how I wish I'd sued that first Anesthesiologist whose incompetence put me through living hell. Imagine my regret and horror when a number of years later, a good friend's son-in-law went into the same hospital for simple TOE surgery, and died. You guessed it. The SAME Anesthesiologist was blamed for his death. ............Q: What do you call the doctor who graduates last in his or her class? A: "Doctor." I guess the moral of this story is research, research, research.
Well everyone that wrote a comment on my information. Just to inform all of you, there was a serious reason I was in such miserable pain. I had an infection that the doctor kept saying was nothing, Turns out I had to have a large portion of my abdomen and tissue amputated in June. My stomach had turned black which means dead tissue. Its eating away at me I was dying and did not know it and nor did he tell me. I went to the Wound Care Center at GW Hospital in WDC only to find out that I needed emergency surgery or else I was going to die. It was going to start killing my organs one by one. Of course I did just that. Went on a wound vac for about a month, had to go in for surgerical dressing changes 2x a week. Then finally the pain from the vac was so bad I just said forget leave the wound open and do wet to dry changes 2x perday. I now need re-constructive surgery so that my stomach will look as normal as possible. To this day the Doctor that caused of this trauma has never once called to see how I was doing. You all know that of course there is litigation behind this. The surgeon that fixed me is the Head of the Department at GW and a professor. She told me to follow through with the litigation, she is an expert. Thank God for her, because she saved my life. And will not let anyone touch me unless she personally knows them. So in short if you have this surgery and you notice something that is black don't let your surgeon tell you that it is a bruise, its not. Seek help from someone else that is more competent. I have learned a valuable lesson. Instead of a flat stomach I have a messed up stomach that is going to require a lot of work to get it back normal!!!!! Best of luck to you all! As things progess I will update you all. I have an heavy hitter Malpractice Attorney in DC, that is going to KICK HIS ASS!!! Wish I could do it literally!!!
Kimberly I am so sorry to hear you had this trouble. I had the same thing with my hysterectomy in 1999, but it was a Dr mistake just like you. I knew this could happen again and chose to risk it. I am doing well post op 7 weeks now but I am always aware of this challenge. I again am so sorry my heart goes out to you. I do hope the Dr. pays for the mistakes he made. Good luck and have a safe recovery I know it will be long and challenging. Please keep your head up and remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm so pleased to hear you lived to tell about it. I really wished you never went through though. Good luck and remember litigation can be hard and long, but don't give up or settle. If you settle it doesn't go on record for others to see a lesson I learned the hard way. V:)
No, not all Dr's tell you the full story but mine did. MULTIPLE times. I had a breast lift and they told me the TT would be 10x worse and by NO MEANS a walk in the park. They said it would be so painful that you would even go through periods of regret. Not all Dr's sugar coat. That is the reason I like mine. They tell you like it is. bouts of swelling come and go for up to 18 months or longer. A surgery such as this should not be done without proper research and we have the net for that. I really do not feel anyone has any excuse for not being prepared for this recovery which, In all honesty.. SUCKS! It hurts like hell! I can't wait to get over *the hump*.
Hi I am so sorry as well your having so much pain it makes me sad to see people unhappy with their results. I had a full T/T lipo on the love handles and flank area. I also had lipo inner and outer thighs and upper and lower eye lids done with some Botox. I know it was a lot to do at once. I just wanted all the pain to be at once and heal at the same time. My pain is very minimal I have normal swelling and bruising in my tummy and thighs. My eyes have pretty much healed and look amazing. I must say I have had many surgeries, the usual 2 C-sections, gall bladder, hysterectomy, and breast augmentation just to name a few, and I must say this has so far been the best recovery ever. I am still in my first 2 weeks so far so good surgery was 11/11/08. I am not using pain meds much now and so far am very pleased with my procedures. I even went abroad I traveled to Dominican Republic from Corpus Christi TX alone had a great surgeon stayed a week and came home. If you would like more info or pics please feel free to email me I am happy to share my experience. All of my Dr's here at home are very pleased with my results so much so they are interested in going themselves. My surgery was all inclusive and was under 7,000 and I'm very pleased. I would refer her to anyone and would go back no questions asked. I now want to go with my friends so I can play at the beaches with my new me. My surgeon has stayed in contact with me and has spoken with my Dr's at home to ensure I have a good recovery. I truly am sorry for your pain It makes me sad and wonder why did mine go so good what was different because I'm sure it could have gone the other way so I'm a little curious email me so we can see what was different maybe our communication might figure out what the Dr might have missed. Again I sure hope things get better for you. My family scolded me for going abroad my husband was very supportive, and now my family and friends want to go to my surgeon. I wished there was something I could say or do to make it better for you. Maybe time is all you need I don't know I have been a bodybuilder so I worked out my whole life even during pregnancy not sure if this contributed to such a great result or not my c-sections were awful and my hysterectomy I wanted to die took a year to recover from that mess. Please don't be discouraged it still might get better I am thinking about you ok long enough comment to drawn out sorry had so much to say good luck. :)V
hi all.. i am trying to gather info about TT SURGEONS/ i have a 9month baby. i was told that i can carry him for the first 3 weeks - 8 weeks at the most then i should be ookay , i dont know if this is true. from what i am reading here it does not seem like it. also i have 0 experince on any surgeons in california (santa clarita) . so i dont know is it a bad timing having it done any time soon. or what? if some one can email me and directo me with her experince i will approciate it. god bless u all.
I don't know it this too late. Yo can not carry anything for months! not even think a baby that can kick yo by accident. the pain is terrible. 2 weeks? NO WAY I am in great shape, had done a mini tummy tuck for a hernia repair and I tell you I had 2 c-sections there is not close the pain and the healing is the worst thing I have been through. Hope I would had find this web earlier, and the doctores be SINCERE and say this a extrem major surgery with a lots of down sides. I suggest a mini or full tummy tuck if your body was extremly big and you lost a lof of weigh Othersie STAY AWAY of this surgery that doctors don't tell you the whole story.
You will not be able to carry anything heavier than a gallon of milk for many weeks. I am shocked any Dr would tell you you can carry a squirmy 9 month old after 3weeks.
Yes I agree not all Dr's are honest mine was, and told me not to do anything strenuous for the first 3 weeks. She said I could start walking then, but could not do a full work out for 3 months. I don't think lifting a baby is to good if your wound is not completely healed. Mine was healed at about 4 weeks. I think everyone is different though I heal very quickly so don't base everything on me. I also had an excellent sergeon very precise no staples needed she was that good. I hope things go better for you this time. V:)
Hi There...I, like "ponderingplastics", am also gathering info on TT surgeons in the Seattle area. If/when you read this, I would also love a quick personal email about where you had your TT done. I've had bad surgery experiences in the past (c-sections) and my greatest fear is having it happen again...though I really want my belly fixed! Thanks so much, and my prayers for a full recovery.
I'm so sorry for your pain and what you are going through. I hope very much that it gets better soon. Have you considered consulting a different surgeon to see why you are still in pain and see if something can be done to put this behind you? I can't imagine being in pain for 7 months! I am also in Washington and was wondering if you would mind emailing me and sharing who your surgeon was? Take care.
I had a tt on April 29, 2008 yes I truly understand what you are saying about pain. This pain I am having is driving me crazy, will I be happy in about a month I sure hope so but right now it is so unbearable. My skin where the stretch mark are is so painful it feels like its on fire. Does anyone have any suggestions? I like you need all the advice I can get.
I'm so sorry about your experience. I recently just had a TT and lipo of the love handles w/o the pain pump (4/10/2008) and I'm already back to wrk( alittle over 3weeks ago)....very little swelling left and I feel great and I love my results. The worst part for me would have to be the nausea after the anestesia and the removing of the drains and staples. Other then that, it felt like bad cramps and the swelling was just annoying. I went down a whole dress size. Now granted im probably alot younger then you and I dont have kids yet (24)so, maybe that plays a part. I lost 108 lbs with diet and excersize and the loose skin was just in the way. I recently got married and wanted to feel comfortable around my Husband.
Where did you get this procedure done?
I am really sorry for your suffering. I hope it does get better over time and that eventually you are happy with the result. It doesn't seem right that we should have to choose between living with "kango pouches" or living with pain and the other side effects you described. I have 4 children and am about 7.5% over my ideal weight (about 8-10 lbs on 5'4") but still feel that even when I lose that last 8-10, I won't be able to get rid of the loose skin, even w/crunches, etc. So am looking into a TT. From what I'm reading here, it looks like a long term process...