Awesome Results - FAST

I recently had SmartLipo done about three weeks...

I recently had SmartLipo done about three weeks ago. And I have to admit that my first laser hair removal treatment hurt more. I had a painfree SmartLipo procedure. I immediately saw results b/c the physician performing my procedure also used suction. Initially he used the laser on my lower stomach and hips. Then he suctioned and after that he lasered again to help tighten the skin. I am VERY happy with my results. I was a bit tender the first day... but it wasn't awful. The worst part of the procedure is wearing the garment.

I'm a mother of 2. I was not over weight but children gave me a pouch. I'm not sure what he used during my surg. I had tummy, love handles, inner and outter thighs smart lipo done. I had it on Friday and went to work on Tuesday. I had a lot of bruising. I only took pain meds for 1st 2 days. I'm 5 weeks out today and feel great.
How much all that costed you and how long the procedure took, where abouts does your Dr. Work.
I guess all the people giving good reviews about {doctor information edited - see note} must work in his office. Although I had OK results with the Smartlipo, I am not complety happy. I can see a gap where there is not fat and where the fat begins, bumps and irregular skin. I just saw the doctor the day of the first consultation and the day of the surgery, after that, I never saw it again. He was always busy to see me during my post op checks. The procedure was very stressful, They never offered me to watch any TV or headphones to heard anything. I just heard the machine and the doctor talking to his assistents with kind of attitude, like their were his slaves. I made a mistake to recomend a friend to get the smart lipo there, she is very dissapointed as well. I thought It was my personal opinion, now I am sure it wasn't just me. I will never recomend {edited} to any other person. -- Editor note: If you would like to review your experience with a particular provider or clinic, please write your treatment review and enter the provider or clinic name in the field provided.
I also saw Dr. Bassin & I really did like him and his staff. I also have an apt. with the Isis cosmetic group Thur. because I have heard that doing smartlipo along with the vasser liposelection you can have alittle more fat cell taken out. Can anyone let me know if they have had both done together? Is it safe to have both done? I just want the BEST results for the money I know I'm going to spend. I don't want to do this again.
Hi Nickpar21, Dr. Bassin and his staff were great. They were all very nice and I never felt uncomfortable at any time. During my whole procedure the Dr. was always asking me how I was doing. He was very easy to talk to. He just moved to his new office in March, I've never seen such a nice facility.
I had vaser and smart lipo done on May 30th on my upper & lower abs as well as love handles. I saw an immediate improvement all around, more so on my sides but my stomach is still a bit swollen and feels really hard. How long does it stay like that? I thought the procedure was good. I talked to the dr the entire time, joking around, etc. The worst part for me was the shots where the incisions were. I am actually wearing shirts that I haven't worn for years because I felt like I looked fat! My weight is the same as pre-lipo but size has definitely reduced!
Where did u go to have both vaser & smart lipo done? I have only found drs that only do 1 or the other.
I had smart lipo + vaser done on my upper and lower abs, love handles, inner and outer thighs and smart lipo only on my neck/chin. I am still swollen and bruised especially in my lower ab area, but my thighs already look a lot smaller. It took about 6 hours for the procedure and for me it was painful. I'm sure once I see the final results, I will be happy I did it.
Im just wondering what was the cost for all the treatments? Thanks and hope it all turns out exactly how you want.
I think ur results are great, congrats Tapdns!
Are you pleased with the results? Did the Dr. make you feel at ease with the procedure that you under went?
The Dr. was great. Very personable and I felt totally comfortable with him. It has only been a couple of weeks so I am still tender and have swelling in some spots. But, I noticed results right after the procedure even with the compression garments that I had to wear. This is the first time in 16 years I have not had a baby pooch:)
I'm would like to find a P.S. Dr. in the Orlando area who does smartlipo. I have been looking on the internet. No one shows up in the Orlando area. Please help
Hi Maya1, Dr. Bassin in Orlando. I had my stomach, arms, and inner/outer thighs done by him. His office is one of the training centers for smart lipo. He is very friendly and so is all of his staff.
I had weight loss surgery one year ago and lost a total of 87 pounds. I go to the gym regularly and went from a size 20/22 to a size 6. My skin tightened up pretty well in most areas, however, there are still a few areas with loose skin that would not tighten no matter how much I worked out. Particularly my upper abdonmen, I had a piece of loose skin that would kind of hang. So, I decided to have the Smartlipo precedure because I heard it can remove the remaining fat and tighten the skin with little downtime. I just had smartlipo done to my whole stomachon Tuesday 5/6/08 by Dr. Bassin in Orlando. The staff there is so wonderful and the Dr. is so nice they all made me feel so comfortable. It was very strange to be awake through the surgery. They had a TV over my head and headphones so I can watch Judge Maria Lopez as they were working. It was done in less than 45 minutes. My biggest worry going in was if the intial shots were going to be painful but they were no big deal. The most unconfortable part, not painful really but just uncomfortable, was when the Dr. was sucking out the fat after lasering. As someone said before, the garment is the most uncomfortable part. I was in some pain a few hours after surgery but nothing an Extra strength tylenol couldn't cure. I am already seeing results when I take off the garment and the bruising ans swelling is going away. My only concern is that the surface of my stomach is still completely numb. If I run my fingers over the skin I can't feel it at all. Did that happen to anyone else? If so, how long before the feeling returned?
Hi Madamebutterfly, I had my smartlipo procedure on the same day with Dr. Bassin in Orlando. I also had my stomach done. I thought the suctioning was the most uncomfortable part. My stomach is still pretty numb in certain places and kind of itchy. I go back for my post-op on 5/15. Congratulations on your weight loss. LGO
It sounds like your surgery went very well. Congratulations. It sounds like you have undergone quite a transformation. It must be a wonderful feeling. I had smart & traditional lipo done on my love handles, inner/outer thigh & stomach on May 16th. I was put under due to the number of areas involved. My pain was not that bad but I could not have epinephrine so I still have bruising & swelling a month later. To respond to your question the only area that still is numb for me is my stomach. I don't know how long it takes to come back either. Has your feeling returned yet? My big problem is that my skin near my belly button is very wrinkled from having my daughter (she's 13) and it has not improved since the procedure. My plastic surgeon said that he could try to gather the skin near the belly button but it usually does not look that good when they do it. I wonder if anyone else had experience with this and what the solution was if any?? Let me know. Thanks, Michele
Hi LGO Just looked up Dr. Bassin's profile and I'm interested in getting rid of my bra strap overflow - can you tell me what your experience with the doctor/facilities was like? thank you, nickpar21
Michele- Good luck and I hope everything goes well! The experience was a good one and if I had to do it again I would. The nice thing about it is that people may sense that something has been changed with your appearance, but they won't be able to see a huge difference. So- if you want to keep it to yourself... you won't have a problem. Email me if you want.. I have before and after pics... Annie
Annie, Thanks so much for the positive encouragement. I'm glad you had a good experience. Do you mind me asking what kind of anesthesia you had? I have read that most people have smart lipo done with local anasthesia only. I met with surgeon's nurse yesterday (my last appt. before surgery next Friday) and she said he prefers to use general because of the number of areas and the fact that it is smart w/suction and some traditional lipo. I was shocked!She said that they may opt for sedation, which I would be much more comfortable with but will decide that day. I had a rhinoplasty done 4 years ago and had a tough time coming out of general so my hesitation to do it again is based on that experience. (I would not take a breath when they pulled out the breathing tube so my lungs filled up with fluid). It was the same plastic surgeon whom I trust completely and he said that it was a rare occurence and should not happen again. Thanks for getting back to me if you have the time. I will keep you posted on how it goes next week. Have a good weekend. Michele
Michele - I just had local anesthesia. GEneral may work better with your situation, but I can completely understand your apprehension. Definitely go with whatever makes you feel mostcomfortable!!!! I do have before and after pics, if you would like to see them just click on my name (Tapdns) and it will ask you if you want to email... then I can forward them to you. Annie
Annie If you wish, we can post them here in the discussion area. Just email the pictures to us and we'll get them posted. The email address is (which I'm writing out to make harder for spamming bots to pick up) contactus At realself . com Thx. Tom
I just had Vaser Liposuction on my abs and just below my bra strap(4 days ago!). The Dr. did the Vaser with suction then he did the Smart Lipo on my stomach due to loose skin I have had for years from losing over 50 lbs. It took me a long time to finally do something about it and now I am hoping I made the right decision. I only took a pill to calm me down and they gave me local anesthesia in the areas. I had my Ipod on just to try to distract myself! That was the hardest part, the anesthetic. After that it was mostly uncomfortable, but now awful. My recovery has been going well. I'm back at work, went walking in the gym today, nothing heavy. Brusing hurts, I'm lumpy and I hate having to wear this compression garment. Good luck!
Annie - here are your smart lipo before and after images. Thanks for the addition! Tom
Hi Annie, Well so far so good. My surgery went well on Friday, 5/16. My PS did put me under general because he did combo of regular and smart. I went to his office today and he said even with the swelling he thinks it looks good already. (What else would he say) but I am excited!! I am too squeamish to really take a good look yet. Still wearing compression garment. He wants it on for three weeks. Only off to shower. Did you feel tired at all after yours? I feel exhausted almost like I would with the flu. Also have a huge headache. I don't know if this is common of lipo or just anesthesia. I will give it a few weeks and post before/after if I can figure out how. I am not very computer savy but I'll try. Hope all is well with you. Michele